Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Revival 14:50 - Sep 10 with 6687 viewsRon11

The truth is out. Kyle Walker Peters says that Ruben Selles has improved them 'massively' since joining the club as a coach.
He's up and in the technical area within a minute of kick off, barking instructions into Hassenhutl's clueless ear.
This is where the vast improvement has come from, nothing to do with Hassenhutl, all he's good at is bizarre ideas and talking shite.
Saints Revival on 16:24 - Sep 10 with 3423 viewsI_would

Agreed. Ralph is like the BBC comedians of late, an unfunny joker. If you read between the lines when he left Germany, he made his position intolerable by only having one plan. Ralph's recruitment was no better than Walcott's. Let's hope they throw Semmens out as well.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Saints Revival on 17:29 - Sep 10 with 3358 viewsBerber

“To me, to you.”
Saints Revival on 17:55 - Sep 10 with 3333 viewsRon11

Saints Revival on 17:29 - Sep 10 by Berber

“To me, to you.”

Ah, a quote from Hassenhutl's training sessions.
Saints Revival on 18:04 - Sep 10 with 3316 viewsBerber

Saints Revival on 17:55 - Sep 10 by Ron11

Ah, a quote from Hassenhutl's training sessions.

, actually, The Chuckle Brothers.
Saints Revival on 18:09 - Sep 10 with 3311 viewsPatfromPoole

It is still early days.

Some greatly encouraging stuff, but I’d like to get a few more wins before getting carried away.

We have improved, but so have most other teams.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Revival on 18:45 - Sep 10 with 3288 viewsBerber

Saints Revival on 18:09 - Sep 10 by PatfromPoole

It is still early days.

Some greatly encouraging stuff, but I’d like to get a few more wins before getting carried away.

I agree, let’s see how things have shaped up at 5he end of January.
Saints Revival on 20:55 - Sep 10 with 3210 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Revival on 18:09 - Sep 10 by PatfromPoole

It is still early days.

I'm with this.
Ok, we beat Chelsea and Leicester, neither of whom are actually at the top of their game. I'd like Potter to do somthing with Chelsea to show that there are some decent British managers about (even Howe is doing ok), but i digress though want Rodgers to sink with the Foxes
But the positives are that we are now coming back in to the game after going behind which hasn't happened for a while
I actually think Brentford would have been a test today if it had gone ahead, but let's see where we are come December
Saints Revival on 20:55 - Sep 10 with 3210 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Revival on 18:45 - Sep 10 by Berber

I agree, let’s see how things have shaped up at 5he end of January.

Would rather see at end of December before the next window!
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Revival on 21:09 - Sep 10 with 3200 viewssaintwizzler

Hassenhüttl keeps us in the league so what the fûck are you complaining for?
We also go to a semi final and a quarter final.

Be careful what you wish for.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Revival on 22:20 - Sep 10 with 3144 viewsRon11

Saints Revival on 18:04 - Sep 10 by Berber

, actually, The Chuckle Brothers.

Yes,I was aware of that, you're not their only fan, even if there's only one left.
Saints Revival on 22:26 - Sep 10 with 3138 viewsRon11

Saints Revival on 21:09 - Sep 10 by saintwizzler

Carry on then, just being kept in the league with baffling line ups, strange formations and 89th minute substitutions.
Saints Revival on 22:30 - Sep 10 with 3134 viewsElijahK

Saints Revival on 21:09 - Sep 10 by saintwizzler

Well unfortunately many fans on here don’t seem to know what being realistic means. Or that a team of our size, and back when we had Gao, a team with one of the/the lowest NET spends in the league, with only like 4/5 actual PL quality players in the squad (so overall certainly doesn’t sound that amazing) won’t be competing for Europe/trophies, and are rather just simply trying to stay in the prem, which at the end of the day is what we’ve done!

But still this season should be interesting for Ralph, as it’s the first one where he has got what he wanted, and has had the money to spend on players and coaches he wanted, which is why simply staying up isn’t good enough this season, and is why we should be aiming for like 13th or so, with maybe a quarter final in one of the cups or such. But still for what he’s previously done, for what he had at his disposal, how anyone can complain to the levels that they do, it’s just entertaining

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Saints Revival on 07:26 - Sep 11 with 3017 viewsButty101

Saints Revival on 22:30 - Sep 10 by ElijahK

Well unfortunately many fans on here don’t seem to know what being realistic means. Or that a team of our size, and back when we had Gao, a team with one of the/the lowest NET spends in the league, with only like 4/5 actual PL quality players in the squad (so overall certainly doesn’t sound that amazing) won’t be competing for Europe/trophies, and are rather just simply trying to stay in the prem, which at the end of the day is what we’ve done!

But still this season should be interesting for Ralph, as it’s the first one where he has got what he wanted, and has had the money to spend on players and coaches he wanted, which is why simply staying up isn’t good enough this season, and is why we should be aiming for like 13th or so, with maybe a quarter final in one of the cups or such. But still for what he’s previously done, for what he had at his disposal, how anyone can complain to the levels that they do, it’s just entertaining

You are right, how could anyone complain about getting smashed 9-0 twice (would have been 3 times if Chelsea hadn’t stopped trying last season when 6-0 up) or the record losing runs.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Revival on 08:04 - Sep 11 with 2979 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph loves Southampton Football Club.
We should love Ralph.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Revival on 09:42 - Sep 11 with 2905 viewsRon11

So let me get this right - you're suggesting that all the new players and coaches that have been brought in have all been chosen and/or all been down to Hassenhutl?
Saints Revival on 09:58 - Sep 11 with 2881 viewsSaintNick

Saints Revival on 09:42 - Sep 11 by Ron11

So let me get this right - you're suggesting that all the new players and coaches that have been brought in have all been chosen and/or all been down to Hassenhutl?

If the new owners didn't want input from Hasenhuttl then why didn't they just sack him, if you think that the owners put in all these new coaching staff without his consent, then they would be the one's that are clueless.

Opinion on Ralph is divided, but the two facts that we do know is that Gao could put no money into the club, yet Ralph still kept us in the Premier League.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Revival on 10:58 - Sep 11 with 2847 viewsRon11

Saints Revival on 09:58 - Sep 11 by SaintNick

If the new owners didn't want input from Hasenhuttl then why didn't they just sack him, if you think that the owners put in all these new coaching staff without his consent, then they would be the one's that are clueless.

Opinion on Ralph is divided, but the two facts that we do know is that Gao could put no money into the club, yet Ralph still kept us in the Premier League.

Maybe easier to keep Hassenhutl as a figurehead ( and probably financially) than sack him or terminate his contract.
His less than lukewarm response when asked about Che Adams staying was noticeable on the fan's forum - obviously a personality clash there then? This was swiftly overruled by Semmens with an emphatic response saying that Che was going nowhere. It all smacks of if you don't like what Ralph says or dare to contradict him, you're on the bench, or worse (as we have seen with some of the bizarre starting line ups) rather than put out your best possible attacking force putting any disputes to one side.
So then we have the Spurs game this season - same old tactics, same old result, continuing from the pathetic run up to the end of last season.....suddenly next game Selles has seen enough, is straight into Hassenhutl's ear and what a transformation.
I'm sure they did not require Hassenhutl's 'consent' to bring in the new coaching staff / players nor requested it. He's just reaping the benefits, unlike past regimes who in their madness spent 20 million on the likes of Carillo - this lot seem to know what they're doing - and I'm sure it was the players more than Ralph's tactics that kept Saints in the Premier League, despite the meddling and the his inept management.
After Kyle Walker Peters comments about Selles, it's obvious who they're playing for now.
Saints Revival on 11:09 - Sep 11 with 2841 viewsElijahK

Saints Revival on 09:42 - Sep 11 by Ron11

So what are you saying? That Ralph had no say whatsoever on players that he wanted in, the style they played, the positions, traits/aspects etc? As if he didn’t get a say on any of this, then wouldn’t he not even be manager? As like we’ve seen with that Tuckel, managers do usually get the final say on players (hence why Tuchel didn’t want Ronaldo which is why they didn’t sign him and supposedly one of the reasons he was sacked!)

Saints Revival on 11:22 - Sep 11 with 2830 viewsElijahK

Saints Revival on 10:58 - Sep 11 by Ron11

Maybe easier to keep Hassenhutl as a figurehead ( and probably financially) than sack him or terminate his contract.
His less than lukewarm response when asked about Che Adams staying was noticeable on the fan's forum - obviously a personality clash there then? This was swiftly overruled by Semmens with an emphatic response saying that Che was going nowhere. It all smacks of if you don't like what Ralph says or dare to contradict him, you're on the bench, or worse (as we have seen with some of the bizarre starting line ups) rather than put out your best possible attacking force putting any disputes to one side.
So then we have the Spurs game this season - same old tactics, same old result, continuing from the pathetic run up to the end of last season.....suddenly next game Selles has seen enough, is straight into Hassenhutl's ear and what a transformation.
I'm sure they did not require Hassenhutl's 'consent' to bring in the new coaching staff / players nor requested it. He's just reaping the benefits, unlike past regimes who in their madness spent 20 million on the likes of Carillo - this lot seem to know what they're doing - and I'm sure it was the players more than Ralph's tactics that kept Saints in the Premier League, despite the meddling and the his inept management.
After Kyle Walker Peters comments about Selles, it's obvious who they're playing for now.

And what evidence is it that you have to back all of this may I ask?

As see that’s the major difference between the Ralph in’ers to out’ers. As the people who want Ralph whenever they make a point can show facts and can say if things that no one can really argue with, yet those that want Ralph out will always just seem to come up with these theories of what MIGHT have happened, yet there’s no evidence at all to back it…
As where is it that seemens in the one who changed the tactics of Ralph after the spurs game? Where’s the evidence to suggest that anyone who ever argues with Ralph gets benched (although most managers would bench someone who’s gonna argue with them, but not to the degree your making out)? And where’s your evidence that he didn’t get a say on players or coaches etc?

As from all the waffle your coming out with, Ralph is simply there for… well no reason at all! So if that were the case then why wouldn’t some of the biggest businessmen in the world have sacked him by now? As they’re intelligent enough to know that there’s no point in wasting money or time on a goal of making us the new Red Bull like football company, and getting in a new manager may at least lead to us having some aspects improved as they will actually do stuff.

But that’s the thing isn’t it, they’ve not sacked him and there’s no one saying that he’s about to be sacked ether. So ether most of what you’ve come out with is the usual Ralph out BS that you lot go on about, or the owners are just wasting money for the sake of it and that Ralph makes no difference at all to the club…
Yet when I look at how well our owner’s businesses have gone in recent years, I think I know which one I’ll be going with

Saints Revival on 11:28 - Sep 11 with 2824 viewsElijahK

Saints Revival on 07:26 - Sep 11 by Butty101

You are right, how could anyone complain about getting smashed 9-0 twice (would have been 3 times if Chelsea hadn’t stopped trying last season when 6-0 up) or the record losing runs.

Also set many good records of going top for the first time ever, making back to back FA Cup quarter finals (which is making the semi in one), actually defying the odds for us staying up on 1/2 of the seasons he was here, us actually challenging the top teams once again and getting points against them, us also going on some of our best ever winning/undefeated runs we’ve had in the prem etc…

And all of this with what? Basically nothing to spend or use to bring in kids of new players like many teams around us have done? Certainly doesn’t sound too bad to me just having 2 really poor results and one really bad run compared to all of that!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 11:29]

Saints Revival on 11:58 - Sep 11 with 2802 viewsRon11

Saints Revival on 11:22 - Sep 11 by ElijahK

And what evidence is it that you have to back all of this may I ask?

As see that’s the major difference between the Ralph in’ers to out’ers. As the people who want Ralph whenever they make a point can show facts and can say if things that no one can really argue with, yet those that want Ralph out will always just seem to come up with these theories of what MIGHT have happened, yet there’s no evidence at all to back it…
As where is it that seemens in the one who changed the tactics of Ralph after the spurs game? Where’s the evidence to suggest that anyone who ever argues with Ralph gets benched (although most managers would bench someone who’s gonna argue with them, but not to the degree your making out)? And where’s your evidence that he didn’t get a say on players or coaches etc?

As from all the waffle your coming out with, Ralph is simply there for… well no reason at all! So if that were the case then why wouldn’t some of the biggest businessmen in the world have sacked him by now? As they’re intelligent enough to know that there’s no point in wasting money or time on a goal of making us the new Red Bull like football company, and getting in a new manager may at least lead to us having some aspects improved as they will actually do stuff.

But that’s the thing isn’t it, they’ve not sacked him and there’s no one saying that he’s about to be sacked ether. So ether most of what you’ve come out with is the usual Ralph out BS that you lot go on about, or the owners are just wasting money for the sake of it and that Ralph makes no difference at all to the club…
Yet when I look at how well our owner’s businesses have gone in recent years, I think I know which one I’ll be going with

Where did I say that Semmens changed the tactics? I said Selles.
Saints Revival on 12:10 - Sep 11 with 2796 viewsElijahK

Saints Revival on 11:58 - Sep 11 by Ron11

Where did I say that Semmens changed the tactics? I said Selles.

Oh sorry, must’ve misread that, but ether way the points still the same, where is your evidence to back all of that

Saints Revival on 12:29 - Sep 11 with 2771 viewsButty101

Saints Revival on 11:28 - Sep 11 by ElijahK

Also set many good records of going top for the first time ever, making back to back FA Cup quarter finals (which is making the semi in one), actually defying the odds for us staying up on 1/2 of the seasons he was here, us actually challenging the top teams once again and getting points against them, us also going on some of our best ever winning/undefeated runs we’ve had in the prem etc…

And all of this with what? Basically nothing to spend or use to bring in kids of new players like many teams around us have done? Certainly doesn’t sound too bad to me just having 2 really poor results and one really bad run compared to all of that!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2022 11:29]

Fella I’m guessing in your eyes, going top in the 80s didn’t count as it wasn’t the premiership lol

Every season Mark hughes completed as saints manager, he got us to Wembley. 100% fact. His record In the cups is better than Ralph’s. Plus Hughes kept us up when the odds were against him.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Revival on 13:26 - Sep 11 with 2741 viewsElijahK

Saints Revival on 12:29 - Sep 11 by Butty101

Fella I’m guessing in your eyes, going top in the 80s didn’t count as it wasn’t the premiership lol

Every season Mark hughes completed as saints manager, he got us to Wembley. 100% fact. His record In the cups is better than Ralph’s. Plus Hughes kept us up when the odds were against him.

Are you seriously saying that Hughes was a better coach than Ralph has been!?
Wow I’ve heard it all now!

As yeah Hughes certainly was better, hence why he only had a 18% win ratio, compared to Ralph’s 35%. Also of why when Hughes got sacked we were 18th with just 9 points from 15 games, yet by the end of the season we were 16th with 39 (so if this Ralph may have had a slight change in our results). And that’s not leaving out the fact that when Hughes was hired we were 17th with 28 points from 30 games, whilst by the end of that season we were 17th with 36 points (so he pretty much just kept us on track with what we were previously at).

And anyway Hughes didn’t really get us to an FA Cup semi at Wembley, as all that he did was beat Wigan away in the Quarter finals and then loose the semi, as all previous games were under Pellegrinho.
And you say that Hughes’s cup record is better, yet with us he won 3 and lost 3, whilst Ralph has a record of 13 wins to 7 defeats… so how’s his cup record better? (And if we’re talking about just FA Cup the Hughes had 1 win and 1 loss, whilst Ralph has had 8 wins and just 4 losses)
And actually I think you’ll find that we were odds on to stay up after Hughes was appointed when we had that play off season game against Swansea.

So overall I don’t think you’ve made a single valid point, which yet again just shows of why it’s always theory for you lot that want Ralph out, as whenever you try using facts you end up getting it wrong!

Saints Revival on 14:19 - Sep 11 with 2667 viewsBazza

Saints Revival on 13:26 - Sep 11 by ElijahK

Are you seriously saying that Hughes was a better coach than Ralph has been!?
Wow I’ve heard it all now!

As yeah Hughes certainly was better, hence why he only had a 18% win ratio, compared to Ralph’s 35%. Also of why when Hughes got sacked we were 18th with just 9 points from 15 games, yet by the end of the season we were 16th with 39 (so if this Ralph may have had a slight change in our results). And that’s not leaving out the fact that when Hughes was hired we were 17th with 28 points from 30 games, whilst by the end of that season we were 17th with 36 points (so he pretty much just kept us on track with what we were previously at).

And anyway Hughes didn’t really get us to an FA Cup semi at Wembley, as all that he did was beat Wigan away in the Quarter finals and then loose the semi, as all previous games were under Pellegrinho.
And you say that Hughes’s cup record is better, yet with us he won 3 and lost 3, whilst Ralph has a record of 13 wins to 7 defeats… so how’s his cup record better? (And if we’re talking about just FA Cup the Hughes had 1 win and 1 loss, whilst Ralph has had 8 wins and just 4 losses)
And actually I think you’ll find that we were odds on to stay up after Hughes was appointed when we had that play off season game against Swansea.

So overall I don’t think you’ve made a single valid point, which yet again just shows of why it’s always theory for you lot that want Ralph out, as whenever you try using facts you end up getting it wrong!

To me there is little value in comparing past managers.
Don’t keep repeating there are no facts to support sacking him. You seem to have no memory on any bad facts of Ralph’s tenure. Obvious reason to sack Ralph was the total lack of effort put into the dozen final games of last season, on top of the 9-nils.
A reason preventing him being sacked could have been his generous contract requiring a significant payoff plus the difficulty in recruiting a quality replacement manager for a struggling team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024