Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Arsenal The Preview 09:10 - Apr 21 with 822 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60090/southampton-at-ars

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 09:39 - Apr 21 with 788 viewsSonicBoom

Nick you say Onuachu doesn't suit our style of play so Selles doesn't play him.

Well firstly what is our style of play ?
But aside from that we are losing most weeks. Surely you adapt your style or formation to suit the players you have available?
Currently he is playing players out of position to fit into whatever his plan is - and most weeks we lose and don't look like scoring. It doesn't make sense.
We should keep fighting till the end, but to me that means trying everything we can think of to get points. Playing a striker might not work - but what we are currently doig definitely isn't working and we are going down with a whimper.
Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 09:40 - Apr 21 with 788 viewsBuenosSaint

Totally agree with the article. I was also thinking this week after all the doom and gloom what if Saints rob a point there, then beat Bournemouth. The escape could be back on.

Nothing to lose. Stats have us relegated, bookies have us relegated , 90 % of fans have us relegated. So on that note it is almost a free hit. As long as we don't go down with a whimper. That's not much to ask. COYR.

Poll: The Long Future

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 11:06 - Apr 21 with 719 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 09:40 - Apr 21 by BuenosSaint

Totally agree with the article. I was also thinking this week after all the doom and gloom what if Saints rob a point there, then beat Bournemouth. The escape could be back on.

Nothing to lose. Stats have us relegated, bookies have us relegated , 90 % of fans have us relegated. So on that note it is almost a free hit. As long as we don't go down with a whimper. That's not much to ask. COYR.

I agree that, with 21 points still to play for, we shouldn't yet be accepting that relegation as inevitable.

The trouble is, we've been down the bottom with everything to play for for a long time now and we have shown very little ability to score goals and pick up points.

The players picked and the style of play that Selles is sticking with are the problem. It would be almost a miracle if after all this time and all the evidence pointing the other way, these players playing this style suddenly started scoring and picking up points. What is going to change to make that happen when it hasn't happened before??

Not, get in Big Paul, change to a more direct style and let's see what happens...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 699 viewsRon11

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 11:06 - Apr 21 by DorsetIan

I agree that, with 21 points still to play for, we shouldn't yet be accepting that relegation as inevitable.

The trouble is, we've been down the bottom with everything to play for for a long time now and we have shown very little ability to score goals and pick up points.

The players picked and the style of play that Selles is sticking with are the problem. It would be almost a miracle if after all this time and all the evidence pointing the other way, these players playing this style suddenly started scoring and picking up points. What is going to change to make that happen when it hasn't happened before??

Not, get in Big Paul, change to a more direct style and let's see what happens...

Agree with the last line of your comment, it's logical and what most anybody would try.
But for some reason there's nothing logical coming from Selles or indeed the club itself.

So I'll be happy to see a different (attacking) line up, but I don't hold out much hope for that....
Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 11:47 - Apr 21 with 683 viewsPatfromPoole

Judging by the pics being shown from training, I would be guessing we might have a strike force of Little Theo and the Mali Messi.

Absolutely super.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 14:50 - Apr 21 with 603 viewsBerber

My preview, lose 3-0, maybe get a shot on goal, Selles will think we played well and are getting better. I am posting this in the hope, that like my other posted predictions, it is way off the mark.
Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 17:23 - Apr 21 with 544 viewssledger

got to agree,in the 90 minutes against palace i couldnt work out what our formation was,we were just a rabble
Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 18:22 - Apr 21 with 501 viewsGRIM

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 17:23 - Apr 21 by sledger

got to agree,in the 90 minutes against palace i couldnt work out what our formation was,we were just a rabble

The side has no identity.
When watching Alcaraz + Elynoussi + Aribo + either of the Armstrongs, I can never work out what the plan is or what position they are playing.
That is part of the problem, we never play an early ball because we don't know where our players are (compare to Man City, they play the ball blind because they always know where their mates are).
Is it our players that have no discipline to hold a position or are they playing to instructions.
My opinion is that we have a club full of players that know they aren't good enough so they hide, they don't want the ball.
We have bought some rubbish over the last few years.
But I agree with previous posts that the only player on our books that is fit & likely to score is Tall Paul Onuachu.
If he's not given a chance we'll never know if he's capable of scoring at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 18:54 - Apr 21 with 482 viewsfelly1

Southampton At Arsenal The Preview on 11:47 - Apr 21 by PatfromPoole

Judging by the pics being shown from training, I would be guessing we might have a strike force of Little Theo and the Mali Messi.

Absolutely super.

Team news in 10.
Attack attack attack.
My line up.
Mccarthy
Kpw. ABK. Bedders/Caleta Carr. Perraud

JWP. Alceraz. Lavia. Djenepo

A. Armstrong. Onuachu
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024