Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to take........... 22:22 - Apr 27 with 1786 viewsA1079

I thought I had seen a new low against Palace but tonight has left me both saddened and angry. Every player, coach etc knew what tonight meant, that this was the last chance saloon and nothing than a win would do. But, what did they do, put in a limp, pathetic performance with no fight, no fight to the last man, no passion, no pride, absolutely nothing. Gutless and pathetic. Sutton and Benali were right in their words. It was as if, the manager or the players did not read the script, did not understand the magnitude of the evening and what we had to do.

The bottom half of the PL is full of very poor teams this season and yet we have managed to be the poorest of the lot. How has it come to this? How is it we turn up against Arsenal and go completely AWOL this evening?

Do I believe JWP was ill at half time? I am not so sure.

I don't remember feeling this low about my team and club for a very long time - I probably have because I am in my 60s and I have seen alot - good, bad and indifferent, but I am sure on previous occasions players generally showed some fight - we didn't show any tonight against a team that is well organised but nothing special.

The Board have to start ringing the changes now and get every decision right otherwise this nightmare of football will continue into the Championship. I want to see my club back to the club it was once renowned for - one that would punch above its weight and show pride in the city it represents.

A dark evening for Saints at the rear end of a dark season.
Hard to take........... on 22:25 - Apr 27 with 1741 viewsfelly1

Pretty numb to it now. It's been coming for a few seasons now.
A club in decline and now tailspinning out of control, you have to wonder how far well keep plummeting.
Hard to take........... on 22:34 - Apr 27 with 1683 viewskingslandstand1

Just got in and your post pretty well sums everything up as to what we were saying at HT, but we added then that surely he will do something positive in the 2nd half and they will at least show some fight. Just shows how wrong we can be ................... ok, SA showed some spirit but as you say, JWP ill? Not so sure. Che showed some fight, but we needed more than 1 or 2 doing that
Everyone there on that pitch has accepted relegation, and although Bmouth is not a derby from our point of view, it was very hard to take against them
Still, the Geordies at SJP on Sunday, Howe must be rubbing his hands with glee at the massive improvement in his goal difference after Sunday
Hard to take........... on 22:55 - Apr 27 with 1617 viewsericofarabia

I think we must have been separated at birth as twins .... as this was exactly, virtually word perfect to what I was about to type.
I am in my 60's too, 100% think Prowsey feeling unwell is bull sh!t except unwell with team selection and tactics and made himself heard at HT. Even if it is true .... bringing on another CB in place of him when we needed to be strengthening our non existent attack, with Che on the bench, Sulemena with pace, Stuey nope, Mara nope, even Djenepo on overlaps ...... nope a CB FFS
I was very pro in house Selles at the beginning, but his sheer loyalty and perseverance with certain players is totally beyond me. Adam Armstrong would struggle to trap a bag of cement, Elynouseless had about a 90% rate of conceding possession, Theo has come on in flashes but with those other 2 clowns alongside him its not god enough.
Dead ball scenarios .... Bompey had conceded 7 more than us I believe .... an attack line of midgets and short corners meant we never even troubled them, yet West Ham had it sussed a few days earlier
I have witnessed a few relegations over my years, and stacks more fight backs against all odds too, but this has too be the 1st time ever I have given up until mathematically done and dusted, especially with so many points still to play for and so many dog turd teams above us.
Forest last night, Bompey tonight (and previous 3 away games) were everything we aren't.
Selles should either be sacked or walk tomorrow. Give the job to Prowsey or Kitman Forbsey ..... people who care.
Hard to take........... on 23:16 - Apr 27 with 1553 viewsHeisenberg

Also in my 60s and can honestly say I have never seen such a gutless performance. I switched off after seeing a Saints break at one point in the second half only to see 6 or 7 players make absolutely no effort to get up the pitch. They were jogging along and didn’t seem to give a shite. JWP probably told a few home truths and was binned. Selles is totally out of his depth and alongside Jones should never have been appointed. Marcus would be ashamed to see what we have become.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Hard to take........... on 23:17 - Apr 27 with 1546 viewsLondonSaint76

Hard to take........... on 22:55 - Apr 27 by ericofarabia

I think we must have been separated at birth as twins .... as this was exactly, virtually word perfect to what I was about to type.
I am in my 60's too, 100% think Prowsey feeling unwell is bull sh!t except unwell with team selection and tactics and made himself heard at HT. Even if it is true .... bringing on another CB in place of him when we needed to be strengthening our non existent attack, with Che on the bench, Sulemena with pace, Stuey nope, Mara nope, even Djenepo on overlaps ...... nope a CB FFS
I was very pro in house Selles at the beginning, but his sheer loyalty and perseverance with certain players is totally beyond me. Adam Armstrong would struggle to trap a bag of cement, Elynouseless had about a 90% rate of conceding possession, Theo has come on in flashes but with those other 2 clowns alongside him its not god enough.
Dead ball scenarios .... Bompey had conceded 7 more than us I believe .... an attack line of midgets and short corners meant we never even troubled them, yet West Ham had it sussed a few days earlier
I have witnessed a few relegations over my years, and stacks more fight backs against all odds too, but this has too be the 1st time ever I have given up until mathematically done and dusted, especially with so many points still to play for and so many dog turd teams above us.
Forest last night, Bompey tonight (and previous 3 away games) were everything we aren't.
Selles should either be sacked or walk tomorrow. Give the job to Prowsey or Kitman Forbsey ..... people who care.

Agree with all that has been said above - I am also in my 60's so have seen it all before but as has been said above that excuse for a performance tonight was beyond unacceptable. I tell you who I'd put in the hot seat for the remaining games - Franny Benali. I know it didn't work for Newcastle when they stuck Shearer in charge for the death throes of their relegation season but at least he would inject everything missing from the lamest of performances this evening and although we'd probably still go we would go fighting, not with an almost apologetic whimper.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Hard to take........... on 23:28 - Apr 27 with 1512 viewsBLEEDRED

I think everyone one on here must be in their 60's !!!!! (me included) this is the poorest team I have seen in over 50 years watching Saints.
Hard to take........... on 23:34 - Apr 27 with 1502 viewsericofarabia

Hard to take........... on 23:28 - Apr 27 by BLEEDRED

I think everyone one on here must be in their 60's !!!!! (me included) this is the poorest team I have seen in over 50 years watching Saints.

I'm in my 60's but going on 21 on matchdays.

I guess tonight's result is a bit of blessed relief, as I can now enjoy Newcastle and Forest away for what it is ..... a brilliant away day out with similar minded lads and not having to worry about the result!!
Hard to take........... on 23:35 - Apr 27 with 1495 viewsobelisk

Approaching 70 and I really don't think I can remember a more gutless Saints team. The idea that this lot can play without a proper striker has been properly found out but the clown in charge persists with his "identity" or whatever it is he keeps wanging on about.

I want to see Selles out the door tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Hard to take........... on 23:48 - Apr 27 with 1470 viewsericofarabia

Hard to take........... on 23:35 - Apr 27 by obelisk

Approaching 70 and I really don't think I can remember a more gutless Saints team. The idea that this lot can play without a proper striker has been properly found out but the clown in charge persists with his "identity" or whatever it is he keeps wanging on about.

I want to see Selles out the door tonight.

Each of the last 5 games has potentially been the most important game of the season, yet our combined front 2, 3 or even 4 have only a handful of goals between them.
Meanwhile the kids have been scoring plenty, semi finalist, runners up, but not got a sniff.

But to be fair even Haaland would struggle with our our slo mo attacking threat
Hard to take........... on 23:51 - Apr 27 with 1458 viewsMattFinish

I just want to switch SSN on tomorrow morning and see that Selles has gone
Hard to take........... on 00:02 - Apr 28 with 1422 viewsRon11

Hard to take........... on 23:51 - Apr 27 by MattFinish

And that Saints are up for sale.
Hard to take........... on 00:04 - Apr 28 with 1415 viewsSouthamptonfan

Hard to take........... on 23:51 - Apr 27 by MattFinish

Ready for the next terrible appointment until we get these owners out.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Hard to take........... on 00:24 - Apr 28 with 1372 viewsLondonSaint76

Hard to take........... on 23:34 - Apr 27 by ericofarabia

I'm in my 60's but going on 21 on matchdays.

I guess tonight's result is a bit of blessed relief, as I can now enjoy Newcastle and Forest away for what it is ..... a brilliant away day out with similar minded lads and not having to worry about the result!!

Good man - our London Saints motto is never let the result spoil a good day out! Known some of the 'lads' since 1980, probably the best two away trips were Hamburg and Steaua Bucharest, both Sunday > Friday jobs. BA tried stitching us up with the return flight from Bucharest, up from £49 to £849 once the draw was made, so we flew to Budapest for £49 each way then went on the wannabe B List Orient Express sleeper train that runs from Budapest to Bucharest overnight - about £40 each way and worth every penny. Something quite bizarre about sitting in the 1st class dining car in a Saints shirt having a nice meal and drinks whilst travelling through Transylvania on a moonlit night...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024