Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? 10:58 - May 10 with 1642 viewssaintwizzler

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 11:33 - May 10 with 1576 viewsDorsetIan

Hasenhuttl would have probably picked up more points than the two that replaced him, but 'knowing what we know now' they were both completely out of their depth at this level.

What we needed was a better manager than all three of them.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 12:00 - May 10 with 1539 viewssaintwizzler

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 11:33 - May 10 by DorsetIan

Hasenhuttl would have probably picked up more points than the two that replaced him, but 'knowing what we know now' they were both completely out of their depth at this level.

Nutshell.

The mistake was the two numptys that followed Hasenhüttl.

I wish Poch and Koeman hadn’t of left, but they did.

Time to move on.

I hope Hasenhüttl is enjoying his pay off.

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 14:33 - May 10 with 1465 viewskingslandstand1

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 11:33 - May 10 by DorsetIan

"they were both completely out of their depth at this level"

As probably are the owners and those that appointed them ............... cheap options don't work at Prem level
Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 16:47 - May 10 with 1328 viewsUTS1885

Hindsight is wonderful, but NOBODY was expecting Nathan Jones to be appointed. The problem being that the board i think was split on wanting to sack him in the summer. Old versus new board members and the latter wanting someone new. To then at that point only get in new coaches was a farce.

Hasenhuttl was well and truley done last summer after another tiresome season of terrible coaching and results. People may say 'no striker' etc but when you drill down and look at the lack of improvement from players across the board. The relentless failure to see the basics like marking being an issue every game. The door to relegation was opened from that moment onwards.

To think the boardroom knew many players couldnt stand Hasenhuttl and yet continued is just mismanagement.
Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 17:04 - May 10 with 1307 viewsinthebox

I really wanted Ralph to be our manager but you couldn't ignore the fact that he became a desperate and frustrated figure who had run out of ideas. The players he had at his disposal were just not good enough and he knew it. Not replacing Ings, Romeu, Fonte and a decent goalie has been our downfall.
Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 17:26 - May 10 with 1282 viewsSFC_Referee

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 16:47 - May 10 by UTS1885

Hindsight is wonderful, but NOBODY was expecting Nathan Jones to be appointed. The problem being that the board i think was split on wanting to sack him in the summer. Old versus new board members and the latter wanting someone new. To then at that point only get in new coaches was a farce.

Hasenhuttl was well and truley done last summer after another tiresome season of terrible coaching and results. People may say 'no striker' etc but when you drill down and look at the lack of improvement from players across the board. The relentless failure to see the basics like marking being an issue every game. The door to relegation was opened from that moment onwards.

To think the boardroom knew many players couldnt stand Hasenhuttl and yet continued is just mismanagement.

The door was opened to relegation when we started selling our best players, and replacing them with Sunday league standard replacements (most of which happened under Gao’s time in charge)! Whether it was Hoedt for Van Dijk, A.Armstrong for Ings, Elynousie for Tadic, Diallo for Hojberg, Maitland-Niles for Livermento etc… pretty much none, bar KWP for Bertrand and Lavia for Romeu (although even with how good Lavia’s been, he’s not a holding midfielder or an experienced one, why it’s Romeu was) has really worked out and was that good of a replacement where we improved the squad. And that’s got absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Ralph, but simply our many years with a lack of investment is what’s cost us and is why we’re in the position we’re currently in. As yeah SR haven’t had the best start, but at least they did try by investing, it’s just they took the gamble with it only being on youth players, which didn’t work out.

But the fact that when Ralph was sacked we were simply 1 point from safety, and had an average points total that would have us on 31 points right now, with us earning just as many points since he’s left, from what he earnt (even with us having another 7 games extra!). As in my opinion he would’ve kept us up, as yeah he wasn’t an amazing world class manager, but at least he was still a decent enough one, and did a fairly good job in keeping up a pretty poor saints team for soo very long. Even with many of the deluded lot, seeming to think that we were “top 10” quality or should be battling for Europe/trophies again.
But at the end of the day, like West Ham and Forest have shown this season, sacking a manager isn’t always the answer, and with Ralph it certainly was not.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 17:28]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 18:21 - May 10 with 1208 viewsSouthamptonfan

The point being that some could see before demanding Ralph's sacking, that we have terrible owners and decision makers, who had already shown themselves to be totally inept by buying inexperienced, untried, players, not getting a striker, selling Romeu etc. We just needed a Ben Mee, a proven striker, keep Romeu, keep Forster, it wasn't rocket science. I knew this theoretical data driven experiment would be a disaster. You can't play a whole team of 19 year old academy players who have never played in the PL. Terrible decision makers were unlikely to make the right managerial appointment and that is how it has turned out. We never were going to bring in a Poch or a Koeman. Even Dyche wouldn't come here under these stupid parenters.of must buy young. We arn't ambitious enough for top managers like that, so the risk was that we would appoint someone worse and we did.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 18:30]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 19:56 - May 10 with 1121 viewsJellybaby

There is a huge amount of Ralph regret.

He kept us up for 3 seasons - we sack him and get relegated. History will show him as one of our better managers.

The time to part with him would have been at the end of this season, when he would very likely have kept us up as he had always done before.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Login to get fewer ads

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 06:21 - May 12 with 928 viewssaintwizzler

A truly damning result from Ugly Inside readers!

It seems I was wrong and Ralph Hasenhüttl SHOULD have stayed.

Please accept my apologies for my limited football knowledge.

Yours faithfully,
Fat Lump from Banbury.

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 09:22 - May 12 with 857 viewsfranniesTache

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 19:56 - May 10 by Jellybaby

There is a huge amount of Ralph regret.

He kept us up for 3 seasons - we sack him and get relegated. History will show him as one of our better managers.

The time to part with him would have been at the end of this season, when he would very likely have kept us up as he had always done before.

I'd put Ralph somewhere around the Nicholl/Ball mark of Saints managers, like he Nicholl he got us playing some great football at times and when it worked it was great to watch, but like Nicholl by the end he'd run out of ideas, lost key players and was on his way out long before he was sacked.

Also much like Nicholl at his worst we went on long runs without a win.

I'm not sure you'd put him up there with the best we've had, which in my life have been Lawrie, Strachan, Poch and Koeman (and for pure results Puel).

But he's definitely in the second bracket of managers who didn't really achieve much but had good little spells and didn't really f*ck it up too much.
Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 10:18 - May 12 with 810 viewssaints__fan__73

It's a pointless question. Knowing that we would bring in two managers far worse than him then we shouldn't have sacked him.

If we could have appointed someone better we should have.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl? on 11:36 - May 12 with 772 viewsPaleRider

There are really two independent questions:

1) Should we have got rid of Ralph?
2) Who should we have replaced him with?

My view is that the writing was clearly on the wall in the last half of last season and Ralph should have gone in the summer and he should have been replaced with someone better than Jones or Selles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024