Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haggling with Swansea over compensation 07:58 - Jun 1 with 1132 viewsPatfromPoole

Hopefully, this will all break down and we will get someone else in.

A genius move getting relegated to save £400k…..

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-south

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 08:16 - Jun 1 with 1077 viewsChesham_Saint

My first thought on reading this was:

“Great. How much are Swansea going to pay us!?”

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 08:54 - Jun 1 with 1023 viewsgrumpy

How much money have we paid in compensation?
You cant tell me there isn't a better Manager out there that we don't have to pay compensation for.
Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 09:13 - Jun 1 with 988 viewsRon11

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 08:16 - Jun 1 by Chesham_Saint

My first thought on reading this was:

“Great. How much are Swansea going to pay us!?”

My first thought when reading this was, is Scott (two promotions to the Premiership) Parker available?
Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 09:29 - Jun 1 with 966 viewsA1079

How much money has our club paid in compensation for departures or arrivals of managers in the last 12 months? Yet, we allegedly have very little money.

I am not that bothered whether Russell Martin comes or not - I don't know enough about him to comment, but time is the essence and our usual "pi**ing" around could be costly when it comes to getting the squad sorted out and ready of the new season which is just 9 or 10 weeks away.
Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 10:47 - Jun 1 with 902 viewsButty101

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 09:13 - Jun 1 by Ron11

My first thought when reading this was, is Scott (two promotions to the Premiership) Parker available?

And Parker has managed a 9-0 thumping - get him in.

Joking aside he wouldnt be a bad shout

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 11:09 - Jun 1 with 882 viewsdirk_doone

Two months ago Martin was close to beiing sacked. The Swansea fans certainly wanted him replaced then. If Saints leave him there, he'll probably be sacked by January and then Ankersen can get him for free.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 11:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 11:13 - Jun 1 with 869 viewsdirk_doone

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 09:13 - Jun 1 by Ron11

Or any one of at least 20 other managers we could get who'd be better than Russell Martin.
Let's face it, we thought the same when Nathan Jones was first linked with us but, as we discovered, Ankersen likes to think 'outside the box' (of sanity) so we're probably going to be lumbered with Martin, which is a bit depressing after our attacking players at least made us feel more optimistic about next season in the Liverpool game.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 14:07]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 11:46 - Jun 1 with 815 viewsarfurdent

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 11:13 - Jun 1 by dirk_doone

Or any one of at least 20 other managers we could get who'd be better than Russell Martin.
Let's face it, we thought the same when Nathan Jones was first linked with us but, as we discovered, Ankersen likes to think 'outside the box' (of sanity) so we're probably going to be lumbered with Martin, which is a bit depressing after our attacking players at least made us feel more optimistic about next season in the Liverpool game.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 14:07]

its their money, their business. We are only customers who can pay for entry to the "entertainment" event or not.

Would you expect to tell Aldi who you want cleaning the staff toilets?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 13:25 - Jun 1 with 732 viewsChesham_Saint

Haggling with Swansea over compensation on 11:46 - Jun 1 by arfurdent

its their money, their business. We are only customers who can pay for entry to the "entertainment" event or not.

Would you expect to tell Aldi who you want cleaning the staff toilets?

I’m sorry Arfur, but that is wrong. As much as owners might not like, it fans are a crucial part of a club. You mention Aldi, well No customer of any shop has devotees like football clubs get. Have you ever seen anyone sporting an Aldi tattoo or wearing a Tesco shop assistant’s strip when they go shopping? No you haven’t - and with good reason.

In the modern parlance fans are ‘stakeholders’ and clubs should listen to them. In fact under CSR guidance, they’re obliged to.

As for this Russell fella, he should be left on the shelf with all the other hard to shift or ‘past their sell by dates’ second-rate products. His appointment is crass and unimaginative and just shows the utter incapability of our Board.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024