Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released 18:08 - Jun 15 with 1350 viewsSFC_Referee

Well we all knew Walcott was leaving, but it’s also just been announced that Elynousie will be joining him as well!

As Walcott’s reunion with us hasn’t exactly been amazing, but he has still performed from time to time and wasn’t a complete disaster either, although I’d of been interested to see of how he’d of done in the championship. But still I’m now interested in seeing where he’s next off to, as I’d be quite surprised if he does any better than the championship, and more likely see him heading off to the MLS or Saudi leagues for a few extra quid.

Elynousie thought I’m soo happy about! As I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a bad player, play soo consistently for us, for soo many seasons! As he’s been appalling recently and it seems like everyone was all on the same boat around that, var the 3 lads in charge, that somehow continuously played him. But thankfully the clubs not offered him any new contracts and saved us from another year of pain, as I’ll be amazed if he gets any major league teams after how he’s been recently.

Still it’ll be interesting to see who’s gonna be coming in to replace those two?…

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 18:27 - Jun 15 with 1315 viewsgrumpy

Not surprised Elynousie has been released.
Walcott joined us in May 2021,has played 49 games and scored just 5 times.
You say he 'wasn’t a complete disaster' I beg to differ,what sort of money was he on for that amazing contribution?
Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 19:13 - Jun 15 with 1257 viewsIfonly

Walcott hasn't been PL standard for a long time. He was surplus to requirements at Everton for a while before he came to us and I don't believe that any other PL team would have wanted him. Despite that, he was one of out best players in several games last season. That tells you everything you need to know about the quality and enthusiasm of most of the rest of the squad. But apparently, so I keep reading, we were only one striker away from having a good squad ...

At least I will never again experience that sinking feeling I used to get from hearing that Moi and Theo were in the starting line up yet again.
Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 21:44 - Jun 15 with 1150 viewsSFC_Referee

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 18:27 - Jun 15 by grumpy

You say he 'wasn’t a complete disaster' I beg to differ,what sort of money was he on for that amazing contribution?

Yeah but tbf most of those appearances were probably off of the bench, and yeah he stats weren’t the best, but at least he did things outside of scoring whilst Elynousie certainly didn’t. As yeah Walcott wasn’t the same lad as the one playing for arsenal or previously us, but he still wasn’t the one of the worst signings we’ve made like Elynousie

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 22:09 - Jun 15 with 1126 viewsgrumpy

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 21:44 - Jun 15 by SFC_Referee

Yeah but tbf most of those appearances were probably off of the bench, and yeah he stats weren’t the best, but at least he did things outside of scoring whilst Elynousie certainly didn’t. As yeah Walcott wasn’t the same lad as the one playing for arsenal or previously us, but he still wasn’t the one of the worst signings we’ve made like Elynousie

No! he certainly wasn't one of our worst signings.
Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 22:18 - Jun 15 with 1118 viewsPatfromPoole

I told you all on the day of the Forest away game that Elyounoussi had turned down a new contract.

In other news, the world is round.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 23:17 - Jun 15 with 1084 viewscocklebreath

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 22:09 - Jun 15 by grumpy

No! he certainly wasn't one of our worst signings.

Yes he is, horrific player, slow no skill can’t tackle can’t shoot a total non entity, he’s up there with Carrillo and Bazanu

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 14:46 - Jun 16 with 905 viewssaint901

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 18:27 - Jun 15 by grumpy

There is no correlation between "the money he's on" and "contribution".

He had the salary he had because somebody was prepared to offer it to him. Nobody says to an employer on signing a contract that their salary should be reduced because they may not be worth what was offered.

There is a problem with player wages in general.

In 2020 Man U were paying £7m on average to their players. A league 2 player was on a basic £80k a year plus some possible but modest bonuses.

if we accept that these are the benchmarks whatever Walcott was offered might make more sense.

Might also make sense to limit players wages in the PL to say 20 times the average in League 2?

Or reverse that and say that the PL clubs should contribute more to EFL clubs so that the salaries could be a twentieth of a PL player?
Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 16:13 - Jun 16 with 868 viewssaints__fan__73

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 14:46 - Jun 16 by saint901

There is no correlation between "the money he's on" and "contribution".

He had the salary he had because somebody was prepared to offer it to him. Nobody says to an employer on signing a contract that their salary should be reduced because they may not be worth what was offered.

There is a problem with player wages in general.

In 2020 Man U were paying £7m on average to their players. A league 2 player was on a basic £80k a year plus some possible but modest bonuses.

if we accept that these are the benchmarks whatever Walcott was offered might make more sense.

Might also make sense to limit players wages in the PL to say 20 times the average in League 2?

Or reverse that and say that the PL clubs should contribute more to EFL clubs so that the salaries could be a twentieth of a PL player?

"There is no correlation between "the money he's on" and "contribution"

That's certainly true for our best paid players.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 16:41 - Jun 16 with 843 viewskingslandstand1

Theo Walcott and Mohammed Elynousie have been released on 22:18 - Jun 15 by PatfromPoole

I told you all on the day of the Forest away game that Elyounoussi had turned down a new contract.

In other news, the world is round.

That's gratitude for you, he gets in and stays in the Norwegian squad playing for us and then we have a bad spell and he thinks he's a good player again!

Still, he'll be up against one of our other internationals against the sweaties if Che has regained his fitness
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024