Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip 09:10 - May 1 with 1575 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62427/should-russell-mar

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 09:20 - May 1 with 1550 viewssaint901

He should be looking at his fit players, deciding his first 11 and then think about how many he can leave out rather than risk injuring.

It's also a case that some players will want to play because they need to be involved and others welcome the rest and do not think that their form will suffer if they do. Only RM can do that.

The above though means he needs to know his preferred starting 11 in the play offs - and I don't think he does.
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 10:11 - May 1 with 1482 viewsMattFinish

It's a tough one.

Picking a reserve side could land us with thumping and do we want to go into the playoffs in awful form thrashed by someone we'd probably meet in the final.

Or do we pick a full strength team and risk injuries. Leeds will e going for it and at Elland Road they could cut up rough if things aren't going their way

Personally I think RM will drop any one of the back four to make way for Stephens, then when the game is lost will bring on 3 wingers
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 10:19 - May 1 with 1467 viewsgrumpy

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 10:11 - May 1 by MattFinish

It's a tough one.

Picking a reserve side could land us with thumping and do we want to go into the playoffs in awful form thrashed by someone we'd probably meet in the final.

Or do we pick a full strength team and risk injuries. Leeds will e going for it and at Elland Road they could cut up rough if things aren't going their way

Personally I think RM will drop any one of the back four to make way for Stephens, then when the game is lost will bring on 3 wingers

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 10:25 - May 1 with 1454 viewsBuggalugs

This may be an alien concept to many now, but I always believe you should put out your best team and try and win every game. If individuals are injured or not fit enough to play, fair enough, but it rarely pays off to rest players en masse, simply for the sake of it.

Positive results are always more likely to come when playing a settled side.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 11:48 - May 1 with 1368 viewskentsouthampton

The play off's nine times out of ten are won by teams with momentum, losing four on the bounce is the complete opposite.
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 13:24 - May 1 with 1290 viewsPatfromPoole

Leeds have a 1% chance of automatic promotion, which forces them to play their strongest side.

We could get a bit of a gubbing if we play the kids.

But then we arguably played our strongest side at Leicester....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 13:58 - May 1 with 1245 views1ASIN12

Leeds have a better goal difference then Ipswich soba Leeds win and a Ipswich loss would mean Leeds are promoted.

Id rather face Ipswich than Leeds in the play offs , however winning at Wembley against Leeds would be good to say the least.

I guess Nick Would like Stephen’s to play get injured or sent off so he misses the next few games
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip (n/t) on 14:26 - May 1 with 1228 viewssaintjeff52

[Post edited 1 May 14:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:01 - May 1 with 1182 viewssaint901

We could put out kids and reserves with the aim of injuring as many Leeds first teamers as possible?

Not bad injuries, just enough for a game or two
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:16 - May 1 with 1160 viewssaintjeff52

We should put out a complete reserve side, with no first team players if possible. For us, the game, as was the game against Stoke, is totally irrelevant. As for Leeds, they have a miniscule chance of making 2nd Place. For that to happen, Ipswich must LOSE to Huddersfield, and Leeds beat us, going 2nd on goal difference above Ipswich. That ain't going to happen, but Farke must put out a strong side on the slim off chance that Ipswich lose. We owe nothing to anybody or any League. We must protect our First Team Players. { It would be a shame should any Leeds first team player pick up an injury, in their futile attempt to finish 2nd } As for our First Team, it must be as follows. Macca, KWP at Right Back, THB, and Jan Centre halves, with Manning at Left Back. ( He's Hobsons Choice, but was successful in the 25 game unbeaten run } I would pick Captain Jack, alongside Downes, as two to play in front of our back 4, to prevent attackers getting through, and cover any gaps created during the game. Two Midfield to be Joe Aribo, and Ryan Fraser. Arma could also drop back to make a strong attacking midfield. Up front, if the 'injured' Ross is still not fit, then Che Adams up front. Very able Subs to bring on if necessary, Rothwell, Brooks, Charles, and Smallbones, and possibly Edozie. These Players will WIN us The Play Offs. The problem is RM's Game Management. How many times has he subbed, and made our capabilities worse ? These Play Off Games are different to anything most of our squad will have gone through. RM's experience of winning The Play offs should stand us in good stead. These Games are 'Do or Die'. It's no good coming off at the end saying "But we had 60-70 % possession". Tippy Tappy, and Possession football means 'Rock All', if the other team has scored 5 Goals. The Players I've listed will win us the Play Offs. Now, as to our Opponents. 5th At the moment it's Norwich, a very dangerous Opponent. I;ve a sneaky that Birmingham will have a right go at beating them, to avoid relegation. In their efforts, the game could be drawn, leaving Norwich on 73 or74 Pts. WBA are at home to Preston, who went to the Beach weeks ago. I expect WBA to beat them and finish 5th with 75pts. Let's hope so anyway. Just keep our First Teamers Fit and Injury Free, and we'll do this In the meantime 'May 4th be with you' and have a happy May 26th
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:44 - May 1 with 1104 viewsMattFinish

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 13:58 - May 1 by 1ASIN12

Leeds have a better goal difference then Ipswich soba Leeds win and a Ipswich loss would mean Leeds are promoted.

Id rather face Ipswich than Leeds in the play offs , however winning at Wembley against Leeds would be good to say the least.

I guess Nick Would like Stephen’s to play get injured or sent off so he misses the next few games

I’d sooner play Leeds. Like us Leeds have got a poor result in them but Ipswich always pull out a result
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:46 - May 1 with 1100 viewsMattFinish

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:16 - May 1 by saintjeff52

We should put out a complete reserve side, with no first team players if possible. For us, the game, as was the game against Stoke, is totally irrelevant. As for Leeds, they have a miniscule chance of making 2nd Place. For that to happen, Ipswich must LOSE to Huddersfield, and Leeds beat us, going 2nd on goal difference above Ipswich. That ain't going to happen, but Farke must put out a strong side on the slim off chance that Ipswich lose. We owe nothing to anybody or any League. We must protect our First Team Players. { It would be a shame should any Leeds first team player pick up an injury, in their futile attempt to finish 2nd } As for our First Team, it must be as follows. Macca, KWP at Right Back, THB, and Jan Centre halves, with Manning at Left Back. ( He's Hobsons Choice, but was successful in the 25 game unbeaten run } I would pick Captain Jack, alongside Downes, as two to play in front of our back 4, to prevent attackers getting through, and cover any gaps created during the game. Two Midfield to be Joe Aribo, and Ryan Fraser. Arma could also drop back to make a strong attacking midfield. Up front, if the 'injured' Ross is still not fit, then Che Adams up front. Very able Subs to bring on if necessary, Rothwell, Brooks, Charles, and Smallbones, and possibly Edozie. These Players will WIN us The Play Offs. The problem is RM's Game Management. How many times has he subbed, and made our capabilities worse ? These Play Off Games are different to anything most of our squad will have gone through. RM's experience of winning The Play offs should stand us in good stead. These Games are 'Do or Die'. It's no good coming off at the end saying "But we had 60-70 % possession". Tippy Tappy, and Possession football means 'Rock All', if the other team has scored 5 Goals. The Players I've listed will win us the Play Offs. Now, as to our Opponents. 5th At the moment it's Norwich, a very dangerous Opponent. I;ve a sneaky that Birmingham will have a right go at beating them, to avoid relegation. In their efforts, the game could be drawn, leaving Norwich on 73 or74 Pts. WBA are at home to Preston, who went to the Beach weeks ago. I expect WBA to beat them and finish 5th with 75pts. Let's hope so anyway. Just keep our First Teamers Fit and Injury Free, and we'll do this In the meantime 'May 4th be with you' and have a happy May 26th

I suppose we could put a second choice lineup and kick the 💩 out of their key players
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:59 - May 1 with 1072 viewskingslandstand1

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 11:48 - May 1 by kentsouthampton

The play off's nine times out of ten are won by teams with momentum, losing four on the bounce is the complete opposite.

So the Baggies won't win either then
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 16:03 - May 1 with 1044 viewsMattFinish

The one positive is that West Brom, Norwich, Leeds and us are all on poor form
Having said that if WBA lose to Preston, Hull could pop them for 6th spot
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 17:59 - May 1 with 976 viewssaintjeff52

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 15:46 - May 1 by MattFinish

I suppose we could put a second choice lineup and kick the 💩 out of their key players

I did allude to that. Bamford injured, how sad. Never Mind.
I do hope Norwich finish 6th. Leeds Norwich will be a cracking couple of games, with a very good side eliminated.
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 23:11 - May 1 with 828 viewscocklebreath

Yes play the kids and kick em.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 08:14 - May 2 with 663 viewssaint901

Would it be fair to Ipswich and the rest of the league if we put out a kids side and allowed Leeds to win easily?

Do we care?
Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 18:19 - May 2 with 535 viewsSFC_Referee

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 11:48 - May 1 by kentsouthampton

Yes but unless Hull make the playoffs, then practically all the teams in it will of ended the season on poor form

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Should Russell Martin Put Out Another Reserve Side For Leeds United Trip on 08:17 - May 4 with 271 viewsmushinexile

He could put out Real Madrid and lose 4-0.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024