Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange 09:35 - Dec 25 with 1880 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61543/swansea-and-plymou

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 09:36 - Dec 26 with 1729 viewsSalisburySaint

Over 300 hundred tickets available for todays game, a few in pairs together

https://exchange.southamptonfc.com/selection/event/date?productId=10228529222459
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 10:33 - Dec 26 with 1681 views1ASIN12

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 09:36 - Dec 26 by SalisburySaint

Over 300 hundred tickets available for todays game, a few in pairs together

https://exchange.southamptonfc.com/selection/event/date?productId=10228529222459

As has been stated , many fans wanted to go today but thought the game was sold out as in the ticket page it says unavailable.

It’s not clear to many how to buy tickets or where to look as the website is not clear .
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 10:55 - Dec 26 with 1656 viewsTimSaint

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 10:33 - Dec 26 by 1ASIN12

As has been stated , many fans wanted to go today but thought the game was sold out as in the ticket page it says unavailable.

It’s not clear to many how to buy tickets or where to look as the website is not clear .

You can go straight in and buy a ticket for the Swansea game right now - in various sections of the ground.

If that many fans wanted to go today, surely they would have purchased tickets in advance, knowing that it would probably be close to a sell out. The only reason these tickets are available at the moment, is because it sold out and the ticket exchange opened. But even on the exchange, they are limited to ST returns.
It sounds more like the people who want to go are only saying they want to go after it has sold out and are using the system to have a moan or pop at the club's website - which has tickets available right now - fact !!

Would be interesting to see the number of exchange tickets sold over the last few days !!

TimSaint

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 12:58 - Dec 26 with 1593 viewssaintmark1976

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 10:55 - Dec 26 by TimSaint

You can go straight in and buy a ticket for the Swansea game right now - in various sections of the ground.

If that many fans wanted to go today, surely they would have purchased tickets in advance, knowing that it would probably be close to a sell out. The only reason these tickets are available at the moment, is because it sold out and the ticket exchange opened. But even on the exchange, they are limited to ST returns.
It sounds more like the people who want to go are only saying they want to go after it has sold out and are using the system to have a moan or pop at the club's website - which has tickets available right now - fact !!

Would be interesting to see the number of exchange tickets sold over the last few days !!

TimSaint, for the last week the club’s main ticketing website has shown Swansea and Plymouth tickets as “ Unavailable”, indeed for the Plymouth game it still does.

If you were a casual fan who just wanted to take in a Christmas game and had no knowledge of the ticket exchange you would legitimately surmise that all tickets were accounted for and you couldn’t attend.

People may well have a moan up about the Club’s website and they would be correct, a fact that even Nick himself recently reluctantly acknowledged. It’s overly complicated and needs to be sorted.
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 11:22 - Dec 27 with 1477 viewsSaintNick

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 12:58 - Dec 26 by saintmark1976

TimSaint, for the last week the club’s main ticketing website has shown Swansea and Plymouth tickets as “ Unavailable”, indeed for the Plymouth game it still does.

If you were a casual fan who just wanted to take in a Christmas game and had no knowledge of the ticket exchange you would legitimately surmise that all tickets were accounted for and you couldn’t attend.

People may well have a moan up about the Club’s website and they would be correct, a fact that even Nick himself recently reluctantly acknowledged. It’s overly complicated and needs to be sorted.

I don't "reluctantly" acknowledge the failings of the club's website and especially the ticket section, I have actively criticised it this season and for as long as i can remember

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 11:52 - Dec 27 with 1457 viewsWints76

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 11:22 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

I don't "reluctantly" acknowledge the failings of the club's website and especially the ticket section, I have actively criticised it this season and for as long as i can remember

My lad just got one for Friday after his plans changed. £20 so that's not bad
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 12:17 - Dec 27 with 1430 viewssaintmark1976

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 11:22 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Come on Nick, tell the truth and shame the devil because when it comes to criticism of the Club’s management you have never exactly lead the charge have you ?

On this occasion however we can agree. The Club’s website whilst much better than last season is unnecessarily confusing in the area of ticket supply and purchase.Perhaps you could raise the matter with them as proprietor of The Ugly ?
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 18:57 - Dec 27 with 1327 viewsTimSaint

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 12:58 - Dec 26 by saintmark1976

Perhaps the club could advertise / promote the Ticket Exchange a little more, but to their credit, they did post an article on the official website on 21st December about your Swansea game. Maybe you missed it ?

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/ticket-exchange-open-for-swansea-m

Saints emailed ST Holders on 21st Dec to inform them that the game was a sell out and invited us to list our tickets to potential purchasers if we could not make the game. Obviously they can then only advertise those tickets that are made available, so the number of these are constantly fluctuating with listings and purchases.

The Ticket Exchange is not a new idea. It has been running for ages, but obviously can only happen once games are deemed as Sold Out.

Any casual purchasers - Bookmark the Ticket Exchange link, as there is sure to be huge demand for home game tickets the longer the unbeaten run continues.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 21:53 - Dec 27 with 1277 viewssaintmark1976

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 18:57 - Dec 27 by TimSaint

Perhaps the club could advertise / promote the Ticket Exchange a little more, but to their credit, they did post an article on the official website on 21st December about your Swansea game. Maybe you missed it ?

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/ticket-exchange-open-for-swansea-m

Saints emailed ST Holders on 21st Dec to inform them that the game was a sell out and invited us to list our tickets to potential purchasers if we could not make the game. Obviously they can then only advertise those tickets that are made available, so the number of these are constantly fluctuating with listings and purchases.

The Ticket Exchange is not a new idea. It has been running for ages, but obviously can only happen once games are deemed as Sold Out.

Any casual purchasers - Bookmark the Ticket Exchange link, as there is sure to be huge demand for home game tickets the longer the unbeaten run continues.

TimSaint, the club’s website under “Tickets” still shows unavailable for Fridays game against Plymouth, I know because I have just this minute looked. Surely what it should say is “check availability at Ticket Exchange”. It’s not exactly rocket science is it ?
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:06 - Dec 27 with 1270 viewsSaintNick

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 21:53 - Dec 27 by saintmark1976

TimSaint, the club’s website under “Tickets” still shows unavailable for Fridays game against Plymouth, I know because I have just this minute looked. Surely what it should say is “check availability at Ticket Exchange”. It’s not exactly rocket science is it ?

The ticket site is rubbish and seems to lead you in different directions for some reason.

I have just gone on now clicked on the task bar saying tickets & hospitality, that brings up menu where i clicked matchday tickets then mens first team, i clicked on that and i went to a page about the plymough game and a box saying Tickets from £10, clisck on that and its a page saying list your ticket or buy via ticket exchange.

It is a long winded process, but fairly clear pathway that at no time said that tickets were unavailable

As I say I'm not saying that you are lying, the site is awful it takes people in different directions for some reason.

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:36 - Dec 27 with 1247 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:06 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

The ticket site is rubbish and seems to lead you in different directions for some reason.

I have just gone on now clicked on the task bar saying tickets & hospitality, that brings up menu where i clicked matchday tickets then mens first team, i clicked on that and i went to a page about the plymough game and a box saying Tickets from £10, clisck on that and its a page saying list your ticket or buy via ticket exchange.

It is a long winded process, but fairly clear pathway that at no time said that tickets were unavailable

As I say I'm not saying that you are lying, the site is awful it takes people in different directions for some reason.

It says unavailable on the main ticket page. The issue is that some fans will see that word and go no further. The other issue is announcing it's sold out. Why say it's sold out at all? Again, the minute people see "Sold Out", that's it, they start making other plans. They don't start navigating through the website in case the word unavailable is a typo!!! They just think the tickets are "unavailable". And that's the issue here. It's also says unavailable for Swansea away. Does that mean I should be navigating through the website in case more are actually available?

Can't speak for others but my thoughts here are not to slam the club, merely I want as many fans as possible.in the stadium, roaring on the team, rather than there being unnecessary empty seats.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 22:43]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:44 - Dec 27 with 1235 viewsSaintNick

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:36 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

It says unavailable on the main ticket page. The issue is that some fans will see that word and go no further. The other issue is announcing it's sold out. Why say it's sold out at all? Again, the minute people see "Sold Out", that's it, they start making other plans. They don't start navigating through the website in case the word unavailable is a typo!!! They just think the tickets are "unavailable". And that's the issue here. It's also says unavailable for Swansea away. Does that mean I should be navigating through the website in case more are actually available?

Can't speak for others but my thoughts here are not to slam the club, merely I want as many fans as possible.in the stadium, roaring on the team, rather than there being unnecessary empty seats.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 22:43]

Im not getting unavailable on the main ticket page, as i say I dont know why for some it does say that and others not

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:46 - Dec 27 with 1233 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:44 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Im not getting unavailable on the main ticket page, as i say I dont know why for some it does say that and others not

https://tickets.southamptonfc.com/content?lang=en

For me this says unavailable for Plymouth. Actually now if you press ticket info, there is now a link, that wasn't there a few days a go, taking you to the ticket exchange, but as I said that big red word saying unavailable, means many people just just leave the site and don't bother clicking ticket info.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 22:57]

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:58 - Dec 27 with 1214 viewsSaintNick

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:46 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

For me this says unavailable for Plymouth. Actually now if you press ticket info, there is now a link, that wasn't there a few days a go, taking you to the ticket exchange, but as I said that big red word saying unavailable, means many people just just leave the site and don't bother clicking ticket info.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 22:57]

Yes that page has come up sometimes as i said it is a terrible site to navigate

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:05 - Dec 27 with 1211 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:58 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Yes that page has come up sometimes as i said it is a terrible site to navigate

Yep and many people don't bother doing any navigating, once they see unavailable. The club is losing a bit of extra money, and bums on seats through what is an oversight, a mistake or perhaps they arn't bothered. I'm not sure which.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 23:11]

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:06 - Dec 27 with 1208 viewsSaintNick

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:05 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

Yep and many people don't bother doing any navigating, once they see unavailable. The club is losing a bit of extra money, and bums on seats through what is an oversight, a mistake or perhaps they arn't bothered. I'm not sure which.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 23:11]

Totally agree with you

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:07 - Dec 27 with 1208 viewssaintmark1976

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 22:06 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Nick, put yourself in the mindset of a person who is a casual supporter and sees that we are doing well at the present. He/She wants to take in Friday's match and goes on to the web typing in Southampton Football Club.

The Official Site appears and amongst other things shows “ Tickets”. He or she enters that section only to find that it states that Plymouth tickets are clearly shown as Unavailable. Said person then logically thinks that they can’t attend.

They don’t bother with the ticket exchange as they don’t know it exists, nor is it reasonable to expect them to.

It’s not a question of lying , it’s a simple statement of fact.

To add insult to injury I’ve recently attempted to purchase an additional ticket in Block 11 using the ticket exchange facility ,only to find that I was immediately offered a more expensive ticket in Block 10.

What we undoubtedly can agree on ( and to avoid being seen as two bald men arguing over a comb ) is that the ticket site is not fit for purpose, hence my earlier suggestion that perhaps as proprietor of The Ugly you could take the matter up directly with the Club.
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:16 - Dec 27 with 1187 viewsSaintNick

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:07 - Dec 27 by saintmark1976

Nick, put yourself in the mindset of a person who is a casual supporter and sees that we are doing well at the present. He/She wants to take in Friday's match and goes on to the web typing in Southampton Football Club.

The Official Site appears and amongst other things shows “ Tickets”. He or she enters that section only to find that it states that Plymouth tickets are clearly shown as Unavailable. Said person then logically thinks that they can’t attend.

They don’t bother with the ticket exchange as they don’t know it exists, nor is it reasonable to expect them to.

It’s not a question of lying , it’s a simple statement of fact.

To add insult to injury I’ve recently attempted to purchase an additional ticket in Block 11 using the ticket exchange facility ,only to find that I was immediately offered a more expensive ticket in Block 10.

What we undoubtedly can agree on ( and to avoid being seen as two bald men arguing over a comb ) is that the ticket site is not fit for purpose, hence my earlier suggestion that perhaps as proprietor of The Ugly you could take the matter up directly with the Club.

Ive taken up the matter with them many times and they have changed it, but seem incapable of actually getting one that is fit for purpose

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:26 - Dec 27 with 1172 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:16 - Dec 27 by SaintNick

Ive taken up the matter with them many times and they have changed it, but seem incapable of actually getting one that is fit for purpose

It is strange that they cant just keep it simple and have buy now available all.the time, you click buy now and see what's left. If nothing is left, the blocks would be greyed out. No need for sold out announcements or the word unavailable. But to be honest, common sense is missing in general life isn't it.

I went into a coffee shop the other day, people were ordering hot chocolate and cream. The wife ordered coffee and cream, computer said no. The server said "I'm sorry the cream is for the hot chocolate and marshmallow drink not the coffee. Despite the cream being there on the side, sorry we can't spray it on because it's coffee. I mean I don't understand the world we live in nowadays. There's the cream there's the coffee. Buy now, get your tickets,.simple as that. Everything is so unnecessarily complicated 😠
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 23:45]

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:41 - Dec 27 with 1153 viewssaintmark1976

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:26 - Dec 27 by Southamptonfan

It is strange that they cant just keep it simple and have buy now available all.the time, you click buy now and see what's left. If nothing is left, the blocks would be greyed out. No need for sold out announcements or the word unavailable. But to be honest, common sense is missing in general life isn't it.

I went into a coffee shop the other day, people were ordering hot chocolate and cream. The wife ordered coffee and cream, computer said no. The server said "I'm sorry the cream is for the hot chocolate and marshmallow drink not the coffee. Despite the cream being there on the side, sorry we can't spray it on because it's coffee. I mean I don't understand the world we live in nowadays. There's the cream there's the coffee. Buy now, get your tickets,.simple as that. Everything is so unnecessarily complicated 😠
[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 23:45]

Don’t worry too much Southamptonfan, as a person who has more days behind him than those ahead I can assure you that you are not alone in lacking an understanding of the world we all presently live in.

I’m constantly reminded nowadays of the phrase “ The trouble with common sense is that it’s not very common”.
Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:52 - Dec 27 with 1133 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 23:41 - Dec 27 by saintmark1976

Don’t worry too much Southamptonfan, as a person who has more days behind him than those ahead I can assure you that you are not alone in lacking an understanding of the world we all presently live in.

I’m constantly reminded nowadays of the phrase “ The trouble with common sense is that it’s not very common”.

“ The trouble with common sense is that it’s not very common"

Very true, nowadays.

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 00:37 - Dec 28 with 1118 viewsTimSaint

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 21:53 - Dec 27 by saintmark1976

I thought we were talking about the Swansea game. You said the club didn't say anything about the ticket exchange, but quite clearly, as per my previous post, they have.

I don't know specifically about the Plymouth game, but the ticketing site usually says tickets are 'unavailable' if that particular game has sold out, or if they are awaiting a further allocation of tickets. If it is a sell out, they could also be waiting for more ST holders to make their ST seats available for a particular game.

As far as I am aware, the Ticket Exchange is not available for away games.

Despite what the club may say about it, we all know the ticket site is not great and can prove a little tricky to navigate. The thing is though, once the Ticket Exchange opens for a game, the number of tickets and availability fluctuates as fans post and buy tickets. Therefore at certain points there could quite possibly be no availability, but an hour later there could be 50. Do you really expect the club to update us with the number of tickets available every half an hour ?

If you need tickets for sold out games, use the Ticket Exchange link (or google it) and keep checking regularly for updates.

TimSaint

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 01:07 - Dec 28 with 1104 viewsSouthamptonfan

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 00:37 - Dec 28 by TimSaint

I thought we were talking about the Swansea game. You said the club didn't say anything about the ticket exchange, but quite clearly, as per my previous post, they have.

I don't know specifically about the Plymouth game, but the ticketing site usually says tickets are 'unavailable' if that particular game has sold out, or if they are awaiting a further allocation of tickets. If it is a sell out, they could also be waiting for more ST holders to make their ST seats available for a particular game.

Despite what the club may say about it, we all know the ticket site is not great and can prove a little tricky to navigate. The thing is though, once the Ticket Exchange opens for a game, the number of tickets and availability fluctuates as fans post and buy tickets. Therefore at certain points there could quite possibly be no availability, but an hour later there could be 50. Do you really expect the club to update us with the number of tickets available every half an hour ?

If you need tickets for sold out games, use the Ticket Exchange link (or google it) and keep checking regularly for updates.

"The number of tickets and availability fluctuates as fans post and buy tickets. Therefore at certain points there could quite possibly be no availability, but an hour later there could be 50. Do you really expect the club to update us with the number of tickets available every half an hour"

It says unavailable (on the main ticket page I have posted below) even when there are 50 available or 500 available as was the case against Swansea. The club does not need to update anything, let alone every half an hour. Simply have a buy now icon on one ticket page, taking you to the stadium map and fans buy a green dot or not. No green dot, no tickets! This should include the exchange tickets and the general admission. It's very simple. Instead, it says unavailable when actually there are hundreds of tickets and hundreds of green dots available. It's just that you can't access these green dots (unless you navigate through the website to another page) as they are ticket exchange tickets.

"If you need tickets for sold out games, use the Ticket Exchange link (or google it) and keep checking regularly for updates"

Non ST holders and casual supporters don't know that the Ticket Exchange exists. They go to the page below, see unavailable and think it's sold out. Why would a person Google Ticket Exchange if they don't know it exists? They arn't ST holders so haven't had the email. Again they just see unavailable as shown below on the Saints ticket page. There was an article put out about the game going to ticket exchange, but as has been stated by Saint Mark and myself, the casual fan doesn't read any of the articles, they go straight to the ticket section and see unavailable. Plymouth game has seats available. They will be just be empty, most likely.

There are tickets available. You know about the ticket exchange, I know about it as we are ST holders. The causal fan, the tourist whoever doesn't have a clue. They just see unavailable and the think tickets are "unavailable" when they are available. They don't know they should start navigating through the website! We know, many don't! We all want to see the seats taken, not empty, so I'm not sure why we can't all agree that this is a problem that the club should solve, so that the ground is full, more money for the club and more support for the players.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 1:32]

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 09:19 - Dec 28 with 1025 viewssaintmark1976

Swansea And Plymouth Ticket's Available Via Club's Ticket Exchange on 00:37 - Dec 28 by TimSaint

TimSaint, are you by any chance the Club’s website designer because with the greatest of respect you appear to be the only contributor to this subject who now appears unable to see that there is a problem.

As I and others have suggested, please try and view the situation from the point of view of a would be casual supporter. Hopefully you may then be able to grasp a clearer view of why the website is not functioning properly.

I’m not going to answer the points that you raise because SouthamptonFan has done so very adequately and It’s not really possible to add anything further by way of clarity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024