Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cold light of day 21:57 - Feb 5 with 1127 viewsthis_charming_man

We’ve dominated a top 6 team and been the better side for a big part of the game against the worlds best team in the owns grounds but lost them both and conceded 7 goals. Okay tonight one was lucky and the penalty was a dive but it shows where the issues are. We were very good tonight, but as soon as spurs out us under a bit of pressure the old wayS of panicking and being disorganised came back.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Cold light of day on 21:59 - Feb 5 with 1108 viewsIngskneeslide

3/4 decent signings and we could easily be a top 8 side pushing for Europe and a cup. It’s so frustrating
Cold light of day on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 1083 viewsSaintsforeverj

Played very well but, where it matters, we lack that extra quality or edge. We play well, have about 25 chances and score 2. They get 4 chances and score 3. Not enough quality where it matters. Same old pattern really.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Cold light of day on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 1055 viewssaint22

Cold light of day on 22:04 - Feb 5 by Saintsforeverj

Played very well but, where it matters, we lack that extra quality or edge. We play well, have about 25 chances and score 2. They get 4 chances and score 3. Not enough quality where it matters. Same old pattern really.

Closing games out is our issue it seems
How many attempts did we have? As you say a couple of good signings and we would be a top 8 side
Cold light of day on 22:18 - Feb 5 with 990 viewsSonicBoom

Yep TCM , that is exactly right.
Cold light of day on 22:23 - Feb 5 with 969 viewsthis_charming_man

Cold light of day on 21:59 - Feb 5 by Ingskneeslide

3/4 decent signings and we could easily be a top 8 side pushing for Europe and a cup. It’s so frustrating

Decent leader at the back, I like Romeu but we need a more mobile version of him and a decent right back.

Cold light of day on 22:38 - Feb 5 with 927 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Cold light of day on 22:23 - Feb 5 by this_charming_man

Decent leader at the back, I like Romeu but we need a more mobile version of him and a decent right back.

No sorry, I like the guy's attitude, but he shouldn't be in a Hassenhutl team, he's not up to it.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Cold light of day on 22:42 - Feb 5 with 909 viewsthis_charming_man

Cold light of day on 22:38 - Feb 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

No sorry, I like the guy's attitude, but he shouldn't be in a Hassenhutl team, he's not up to it.

No need to apologise, you agree with be pal

Cold light of day on 22:54 - Feb 5 with 875 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Cold light of day on 22:42 - Feb 5 by this_charming_man

No need to apologise, you agree with be pal

Yeah I know, whatever, I'm drinking, shhh

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Cold light of day on 23:02 - Feb 5 with 854 viewsA1079

Agree TCM. We have played some truly lovely football in these 2 games and for a little while now. I compare that to the football under Puel and Pellegrino when it was an insomniacs dream. But, as Jenas said and we all know, we are just not clinical enough and we do not take teams to the sword when we are on top, then, we concede and we tend to fold like a pack of cards and un-do all the good work we do. Ralph is so close to making us a very good team and I pray that this summer he really gets the support he deserves.

In some ways, I am so proud of the football we play now and also the team spirit, it is just so sickening and disappointing that we keep coming out of the wrong side of results.

We have some crucial games coming up and it is a little worrying that we have stacked up some injuries and cards. I was not that impressed with Romeu - his penchant for giving away silly and needless free kicks have been his achilles heel and can be so costly. The likes of Burnley, Norwich, Villa and Newcastle will all see that they just need to put us under pressure, especially, if we are missing some key players.
Cold light of day on 23:32 - Feb 5 with 806 viewsTimSaint

You didn't listen to / read Jose then.

The best team lost but Spurs deserved it because they had less time to prepare, weren't as fresh and had limitations with their squad and of course he made the vital changes at the right times and it showed him to be the master tactician !!

We were robbed.
Bizarre decisions by the officials.
Spurs got away with so many bad tackles that weren't even given as fouls.
They dive all over the place.
We only get free kicks awarded to us in our own half. Long was assaulted a few times tonight and nothing given.
VAR fvcked us over again.

Was just saying to a Spurs fan on the train, we should have scored 5 or 6 tonight, but didn't and then get punished at the other end too.
The story of supporting Saints I guess.
Why we can't shut up shop for 10 mins after scoring is a mystery - as is why we sit back so much and invite pressure.
3 defenders this summer please.

TimSaint

Cold light of day on 23:37 - Feb 5 with 800 viewsTimSaint

In their last 2 home matches, Spurs have amassed a whopping SIX shots on target and scores 5 goals !!!
Granted 1 shot that was a goal tonight, was going wide until the deflection, but if we could even be half as clinical as that, we'd probably be in the top 4 or 6 by now.

TimSaint

Cold light of day on 06:55 - Feb 6 with 663 viewssaint22

Cold light of day on 23:32 - Feb 5 by TimSaint

You didn't listen to / read Jose then.

The best team lost but Spurs deserved it because they had less time to prepare, weren't as fresh and had limitations with their squad and of course he made the vital changes at the right times and it showed him to be the master tactician !!

We were robbed.
Bizarre decisions by the officials.
Spurs got away with so many bad tackles that weren't even given as fouls.
They dive all over the place.
We only get free kicks awarded to us in our own half. Long was assaulted a few times tonight and nothing given.
VAR fvcked us over again.

Was just saying to a Spurs fan on the train, we should have scored 5 or 6 tonight, but didn't and then get punished at the other end too.
The story of supporting Saints I guess.
Why we can't shut up shop for 10 mins after scoring is a mystery - as is why we sit back so much and invite pressure.
3 defenders this summer please.

Yes we neee to kill games off and need to be mor3 clinical but we are scorin
What we can’t do is defend a lead
Our two defensive midfielders give the ball away far too cheaply and as we all know we haven’t strengthened our defence in fact this window we weakened it and that’s the issue
If Ralph keeps us up and is allowed to spend in the summer then hope is there if not he will be gone I fear
Cold light of day on 07:00 - Feb 6 with 650 viewssaint22

Cold light of day on 23:02 - Feb 5 by A1079

Agree TCM. We have played some truly lovely football in these 2 games and for a little while now. I compare that to the football under Puel and Pellegrino when it was an insomniacs dream. But, as Jenas said and we all know, we are just not clinical enough and we do not take teams to the sword when we are on top, then, we concede and we tend to fold like a pack of cards and un-do all the good work we do. Ralph is so close to making us a very good team and I pray that this summer he really gets the support he deserves.

In some ways, I am so proud of the football we play now and also the team spirit, it is just so sickening and disappointing that we keep coming out of the wrong side of results.

We have some crucial games coming up and it is a little worrying that we have stacked up some injuries and cards. I was not that impressed with Romeu - his penchant for giving away silly and needless free kicks have been his achilles heel and can be so costly. The likes of Burnley, Norwich, Villa and Newcastle will all see that they just need to put us under pressure, especially, if we are missing some key players.

Ralph knows what’s wrong as he says here

We were not defending like we wanted to for the second goal and the third goal was too easy, they ran through our midfield like there was nobody.

That we weakens our squad and he want allowed to strengthen borders on criminal
Cold light of day on 07:42 - Feb 6 with 594 viewssaint22

Cold light of day on 22:23 - Feb 5 by this_charming_man

How many games have we lost from winning positions over the last two seasons?.
That’s a mentality thing nit just personnel
We need to spend big and well in the summer if we do want to be a top 8 side and keep RH
Selling Cedric already looks incredibly stupid after just two games
Cold light of day on 08:01 - Feb 6 with 575 viewsdirk_doone

Cold light of day on 07:42 - Feb 6 by saint22

How many games have we lost from winning positions over the last two seasons?.
That’s a mentality thing nit just personnel
We need to spend big and well in the summer if we do want to be a top 8 side and keep RH
Selling Cedric already looks incredibly stupid after just two games

Spending money hasn't been the answer as we have no one left in our recruitment department who knows how to spend it wisely.

Not selling our best players is the key. I know they don't always succeed but that's what the owners at clubs like Leicester and Wolves are trying to do.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Cold light of day on 08:49 - Feb 6 with 514 viewssaint22

Cold light of day on 08:01 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

Spending money hasn't been the answer as we have no one left in our recruitment department who knows how to spend it wisely.

Not selling our best players is the key. I know they don't always succeed but that's what the owners at clubs like Leicester and Wolves are trying to do.

agree we need to not see our best players too
plus keep them when we don't have cover!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024