Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer 10:00 - Feb 26 with 1104 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52066/saints-can-start-t

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 10:36 - Feb 26 with 1065 viewsButty101

Classic Nick click bait article...

Start off talking about summer transfer plans, then descend into blaming the fans...

The truth is all clubs make mistakes in the transfer market, but they have owners that are willing to invest in their club, so these players arent a milestone around the clubs neck.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:24 - Feb 26 with 1027 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 10:36 - Feb 26 by Butty101

Start off talking about summer transfer plans, then descend into blaming the fans...

The truth is all clubs make mistakes in the transfer market, but they have owners that are willing to invest in their club, so these players arent a milestone around the clubs neck.

I thought it was a very good article and close as we can hope to get on an admission that our self sustainable model isn't working.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:30 - Feb 26 with 1021 viewsSaintNick

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 10:36 - Feb 26 by Butty101

Not classic Nick bait, just fact, I havent blamed the fans for anything on this one, just pointed out the finances of the situation, would Gao like to sell his holding to a multi billionaire who could throw in £80 mill for transfers without blinking, I think the answer is yes, as you seem to think they are waiting patiently in line for the chance to do this perhaps you could point one in Gao's direction he would be very grateful

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:31 - Feb 26 with 1019 viewsSaintNick

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:24 - Feb 26 by this_charming_man

I thought it was a very good article and close as we can hope to get on an admission that our self sustainable model isn't working.

Actually our self sustainable model is working, what it has shown is it can withstand periods when things don't go to plan, when they don't it has to batten down the hatches and have a bit of austerity but it can pull through

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:34 - Feb 26 with 1013 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:31 - Feb 26 by SaintNick

Actually our self sustainable model is working, what it has shown is it can withstand periods when things don't go to plan, when they don't it has to batten down the hatches and have a bit of austerity but it can pull through

It cant be working, as like your article says we have sh*t loads of expensive players we cant sell and because of that we have to keep our eye on how much we spend.

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 12:59 - Feb 26 with 910 viewsSonicBoom

TCM has a fair point that it currently hasn't worked but Nick did say that it is the only model we can use. If recruitment goes wrong then we could struggle but he did accept that as a risk.

Nick says those responsible for the poor recruitment of these expensive duds have left the club.
What does annoy me is that we bought players who apparently weren't good enough, and yet with our huge coaching staff - and brilliant manager - we haven't managed to improve one enough to get them in the team on a regular basis. What is the point of coaching if not to improve players? Boufal has all the talent in the world yet he's no more productive now than the day he arrived. Does that mean our coaching is as flawed as our recruitment?
Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 12:59 - Feb 26 with 910 viewsButty101

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:34 - Feb 26 by this_charming_man

It cant be working, as like your article says we have sh*t loads of expensive players we cant sell and because of that we have to keep our eye on how much we spend.

It clearly isnt working - had Swansea not had a melt down, we would probably have gone bust again.

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 13:01 - Feb 26 with 907 viewsDorsetIan

What is the point of this article?

Reminding us that we have bought (particularly recently) some duff players that we've had to loan out (Hoedt, Carillo, Lemina) or wish we could (Vestergaard) ?

Telling us that overspending can lead to administration ?

Maybe we ended up with duff players because our budget forced us to gamble on players who turned out not to be up to it?

The club is currently struggling to even find the money for one purchase per transfer window, so I don't see any risk of overspending any time soon.

The idea that the club's current parsimony is a necessary 'sustainable business model', is nonsense.

Businesses that want to expand, need to 'speculate to accumulate' and the trick is making sensible investments which improve rather than bankrupt the business.

Businesses that are ultra-cautious and don't try to expand, fail just as often as those that overreach.

The current owner is not ambitious, and is happy to tread water, spending as little as humanly possible while staying in the Premier League. Let's not try to dress this up as a brilliant business strategy.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 13:04 - Feb 26 with 903 viewsButty101

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 11:30 - Feb 26 by SaintNick

Not classic Nick bait, just fact, I havent blamed the fans for anything on this one, just pointed out the finances of the situation, would Gao like to sell his holding to a multi billionaire who could throw in £80 mill for transfers without blinking, I think the answer is yes, as you seem to think they are waiting patiently in line for the chance to do this perhaps you could point one in Gao's direction he would be very grateful

Where am i saying that there's a load of billionaires queued up waiting to buy us.

"Sometimes we have to look at ourselves as others see us, they see us as a well run club who produce good players, that's only scratching the surface, but in many respects it is true."
Who thinks we are a well run club?

The Southampton Way is what it is not out of choice but necessity, if you want a club that spends £100 million in transfers every year, then this is probably not the club for you, at least not at the moment, there is an armchair waiting for you with a choice of teams on the Sky Go App that will satisfy that craving.
Thats a dig at the fans

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 13:50 - Feb 26 with 852 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 12:59 - Feb 26 by Butty101

It clearly isnt working - had Swansea not had a melt down, we would probably have gone bust again.

Yep we’ve gambled and got lucky, we’re fortunate to have a very good manager but the fact remains it’s much if the same players who got us in the position in the first place and despite the denial how any one can claim that a business model is working that totally depends on good recruitment when it’s been pretty disastrous is behind me.

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 13:56 - Feb 26 with 847 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 13:04 - Feb 26 by Butty101

Where am i saying that there's a load of billionaires queued up waiting to buy us.

"Sometimes we have to look at ourselves as others see us, they see us as a well run club who produce good players, that's only scratching the surface, but in many respects it is true."
Who thinks we are a well run club?

The Southampton Way is what it is not out of choice but necessity, if you want a club that spends £100 million in transfers every year, then this is probably not the club for you, at least not at the moment, there is an armchair waiting for you with a choice of teams on the Sky Go App that will satisfy that craving.
Thats a dig at the fans

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single person say that we should spend £100m every year but I’ve seen plenty of people say why are we the only club that has to make a profit from transfers. This is an entirely valid point, the quite frankly laughable “bonuses and agents fees” line is a joke as everyone had to pay them. If it’s because our wage bill is so high and we’ve got players that we can’t sell them it simply proves it might be the right model, but the execution of it has failed. There is nothing wrong with admitting it was wrong not sure why some people are unable too.

I’d love it if we signed players like mane and van dijk , had them for two years then sold them for three, four, five time what we paid for them, Then get the next one, f-cking brilliant, take that all day long but when you’re not doing that and replacing them with a load of sh1t then it’s not worked.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 13:57]

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 16:18 - Feb 26 with 764 viewsRon11

Of course at the end of the season they'll get offers they can't refuse for Ings, Ward Prowse, Djenepo, Armstrong etc. Then we'll froth at the moth.
Seriously it would amaze me if the likes of Tottenham or Chelsea don't come in with a big offer for Ings that will double his wages.
And of course it's his goals that have kept Saints out of the drop zone thus far...
Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 16:37 - Feb 26 with 750 viewsSaintsforeverj

I don't think anybody minds selling players on the fringe, those out on loan. Sensible to get them off the books and create some transfer cash. What would deeply annoy the fans is if we sell players like Redmond, Ings, Bertrand, Hodjberg, Ward-Prowse etc. We should keep them and also get in a couple of other players to add to the squad, in particular a central defender!
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 16:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 16:38 - Feb 26 with 749 viewsDorsetIan

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 16:18 - Feb 26 by Ron11

Of course at the end of the season they'll get offers they can't refuse for Ings, Ward Prowse, Djenepo, Armstrong etc. Then we'll froth at the moth.
Seriously it would amaze me if the likes of Tottenham or Chelsea don't come in with a big offer for Ings that will double his wages.
And of course it's his goals that have kept Saints out of the drop zone thus far...

As long as that balances the books and enables the 'sustainable business model' to continue, we will know not to complain.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 17:22 - Feb 26 with 714 viewsBicester_North

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 12:59 - Feb 26 by SonicBoom

TCM has a fair point that it currently hasn't worked but Nick did say that it is the only model we can use. If recruitment goes wrong then we could struggle but he did accept that as a risk.

Nick says those responsible for the poor recruitment of these expensive duds have left the club.
What does annoy me is that we bought players who apparently weren't good enough, and yet with our huge coaching staff - and brilliant manager - we haven't managed to improve one enough to get them in the team on a regular basis. What is the point of coaching if not to improve players? Boufal has all the talent in the world yet he's no more productive now than the day he arrived. Does that mean our coaching is as flawed as our recruitment?

Redmond, Ings and JWP were written off as useless by much of our fanbase and are now seen as key players so the manager and coaching staff seem to have had some effect.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer (n/t) on 11:43 - Feb 27 with 498 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:26]
Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer on 08:59 - Feb 28 with 443 viewsRon11

Saints Can Start To Sell In The Summer (n/t) on 11:43 - Feb 27 by DellHero

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:26]

Yeah, as in lick my chrysalis
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024