Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint 09:50 - Mar 3 with 993 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52112/saints-need-to-fol

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 09:58 - Mar 3 with 982 viewsthis_charming_man

A dig a Cortese ✅
A dig at the fans ✅
A completely unnecessarily praising up of Liverpool ✅
A defence of the clubs board, strategy and lack of spending ✅

Congratulations a full house on Illingworth bingo

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 10:05 - Mar 3 with 969 viewsSonicBoom

I think most of us would agree with this as long as the club do actually take action in the summer to address some long running issues. Even then the jury is out. There is a huge list of players in the last three years that we've bought in and virtually none have claimed a place in the team and I include Djenepo and Adams in that. So waiting for the summer is no guarantee of successful rebuilding.
I'm also not convinced by Ralph. Yes he's good at chest thumping and doing little dances in front of the fans, but for me he is not tactically astute in the way Koeman or Poch was. Team selections are often erratic too.
But overall Nick you're right, too much change is bad. Let's see what we can do with some stability.
Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 10:12 - Mar 3 with 948 viewssaints__fan__73

Textbook Illingsworth.

What a load of bollux. RH has been here for 3 windows and has been allowed to bring in ONE permanent transfer. (squad level Djenepo which he confirmed he could only do as he sold squad level Targett)

The reason why Liverpool will win the title is they spent a massive chunk of cash on Allison and VVD.

What chance we follow this 'blue print'?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 15:02 - Mar 3 with 815 viewsRon11

I'll support Ralph next season.
That's if he doesn't leave because of lack of investment in his squad.
Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 15:25 - Mar 3 with 801 viewsKennington

Anfield blueprint?

Find an owner that financially supports the club.
Then spend hundreds of millions on (and it pains me to write it) on some of the world’s best players, plus a top manager.

Then sit back and watch the trophies roll in.

Good for them, but ridiculous to draw any parallels with us.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 21:04 - Mar 3 with 724 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sit tight like the Liverpool fans did? They sat very tighly in their seats, watching their club spend 80 million on a defender because the owners of their club realised they needed a centre back. Liverpool gave their supporters the defender they needed. Amongst the other big money signings, they spent a big fat 80 millions pounds worth of a defender to put a smile on their faces. Easy to sit tight with such a statement of intent. Easy to sit tight spending vasts amounts of money, whilst finishing 2nd before winning the league. So we sit tight, whilst we battle relegation year after year and don't ever but a defender?

One club spends net over 250 million, addresses their defensive frailty, and finishes 2nd a few seasons in a row before winning the champions league and PL
One club battles relegation and spends nothing, not addressing the terrible defence over 4 years.

So the comparisons are???
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 21:07]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 15:29 - Mar 4 with 671 viewsJaySaint

I am adamant nick post these tripe of things for LOLs

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 15:38 - Mar 4 with 663 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 21:04 - Mar 3 by Saintsforeverj

Sit tight like the Liverpool fans did? They sat very tighly in their seats, watching their club spend 80 million on a defender because the owners of their club realised they needed a centre back. Liverpool gave their supporters the defender they needed. Amongst the other big money signings, they spent a big fat 80 millions pounds worth of a defender to put a smile on their faces. Easy to sit tight with such a statement of intent. Easy to sit tight spending vasts amounts of money, whilst finishing 2nd before winning the league. So we sit tight, whilst we battle relegation year after year and don't ever but a defender?

One club spends net over 250 million, addresses their defensive frailty, and finishes 2nd a few seasons in a row before winning the champions league and PL
One club battles relegation and spends nothing, not addressing the terrible defence over 4 years.

So the comparisons are???
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 21:07]

At one point Liverpool had the world record fee for a goal keeper and defender, as well a a load of other players who all cost over £30m. I'd love Saints to follow the Anfield blue print of signing the worlds best players.

I'm pretty sure that others are right though and Nick doesn't really believe this nonsense, as I said above this article was a full house on Illingworth bingo.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Need To Follow Anfield Blueprint on 21:58 - Mar 4 with 570 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Jesus wept, Nick.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024