Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrison Reed 08:23 - Jul 27 with 4584 viewsPatfromPoole

Going to watch the Cardiff v Fulham play-off tonight to see how Harrison Reed does.

He could yet save the club about £15 million in replacing Hjogjberg.

Haven’t seen enough of him of late to judge.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Harrison Reed on 12:54 - Jul 27 with 2285 viewsSadoldgit

Is he available to play? I thought that he got sent off recently?
Harrison Reed on 13:05 - Jul 27 with 2279 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 12:54 - Jul 27 by Sadoldgit

Is he available to play? I thought that he got sent off recently?

Did he?

Oh.

Harrison Reed on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 2271 viewsSadoldgit

Harrison Reed on 13:05 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

Did he?

Oh.

It might have been a second yellow, in which case he could be ok to play tonight?
Harrison Reed on 13:45 - Jul 27 with 2259 viewsTimSaint

Harrison Reed on 13:29 - Jul 27 by Sadoldgit

It might have been a second yellow, in which case he could be ok to play tonight?

He got a 2nd Yellow in the game at home to Sheff Weds. They won 5-3 and the 2nd yellow was in injury time.
He should only get a 1 game ban for that, unless he has accumulated a certain number of yellows and gets an additional ban on top.

Would be nice if he came good and was able to slot into our first team, but I am not so sure. 2 season long loans to the Championship may suggest he is at his correct level - but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I had high hopes for the likes of Reed, Hesketh and Slattery, but neither has managed to force his way into contention (yet).

TimSaint

Harrison Reed on 13:59 - Jul 27 with 2251 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 13:29 - Jul 27 by Sadoldgit

According to this article, he has served his ban....

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/cardiff-city/championship-promotion-race/p

Harrison Reed on 14:01 - Jul 27 with 2252 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 13:45 - Jul 27 by TimSaint

He got a 2nd Yellow in the game at home to Sheff Weds. They won 5-3 and the 2nd yellow was in injury time.
He should only get a 1 game ban for that, unless he has accumulated a certain number of yellows and gets an additional ban on top.

Would be nice if he came good and was able to slot into our first team, but I am not so sure. 2 season long loans to the Championship may suggest he is at his correct level - but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

I had high hopes for the likes of Reed, Hesketh and Slattery, but neither has managed to force his way into contention (yet).

A lot of people seem to rate Harrison Reed highly, but truth is he hasn't played a competitive game for Saints since April 2017 and even in that season he only started 1 game, at Bournemouth where he was substituted as half time and then two sub appearances totalling 17 mins.

These are his only appearances in a Saints shirt since May 2015, I can't believe that people still think he could come back and do a job after playing only 62 mins in five years,

Nothing against him, but at 25 and with the last 4 managers completely ignoring him (almost), I think we have to accept that he won't come good now.

On a brighter note I think Ben Reeves might be on the verge of the first team now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Harrison Reed on 14:19 - Jul 27 with 2243 viewsTimSaint

Harrison Reed on 14:01 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

A lot of people seem to rate Harrison Reed highly, but truth is he hasn't played a competitive game for Saints since April 2017 and even in that season he only started 1 game, at Bournemouth where he was substituted as half time and then two sub appearances totalling 17 mins.

These are his only appearances in a Saints shirt since May 2015, I can't believe that people still think he could come back and do a job after playing only 62 mins in five years,

Nothing against him, but at 25 and with the last 4 managers completely ignoring him (almost), I think we have to accept that he won't come good now.

On a brighter note I think Ben Reeves might be on the verge of the first team now

Anyone at Stevenage that night about 8 years ago, to see Ben Reeves score his one and only Saints goal ?

TimSaint

Harrison Reed on 15:10 - Jul 27 with 2204 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 14:01 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

I would normally be inclined to agree, but I keep hearing that he has been Fulham’s best player of late, so I’m interested to see how he does in a high-pressure play-off game.

I also think there isn’t a huge difference between the top level of the Championship and the bottom 10 teams in the Prem.

Would Hjogjberg look a world-beater in the Championship? Doubtful.

Login to get fewer ads

Harrison Reed on 15:37 - Jul 27 with 2184 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 15:10 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

I would normally be inclined to agree, but I keep hearing that he has been Fulham’s best player of late, so I’m interested to see how he does in a high-pressure play-off game.

I also think there isn’t a huge difference between the top level of the Championship and the bottom 10 teams in the Prem.

He has had some good performances at Fulham, you say the difference between the top sides and the bottom 10 isn't huge, but I would bg to differ, last seasons Champions went down and Villa only just scraped up as Watford & Bournemouth were in freefall.

Sheffield United had a good season, but I don't think they will repeat it next year, Fulham themselves came up and went down pretty swiftly last season and Huddersfield stayed up one season went down the next, the odd side like Wolves has the clout to stay up but most go back down.

Of the last 5 years only one season has seen all 3 promoted clubs stay up and of the 15 who came up 9 have been relegated with only 6 still in the Premier League, Burnley, Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle, Villa & Sheffield Utd.

The gap is immense you can throw money at it and it doesn't guarantee success and you can spend little and go down as Norwich did.

Would Hojbjerg look a World Beater in the Championship ? well firstly Harrsion Reed doesn't look a World Beater, he is just a tidy player who get the ball and passes it, Hojbjerg is several classes above Reed and at 24 (ok 25 in a week or two) 8 months younger than Reed has over 100 Premier League games for Saints, almost 60 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern Munich, Schalke & Ausburg to his name plus 18 Champions & Europa League appearances both for us and his German clubs.

Also 33 caps for his country and someone willing to pay £25 million for him, no one is tryingto snatch Reed under Fulham's noses or offered us anything realistic over the last 3 years

I don't like to appear to slag off players, but if Harrison Reed was going to succeed at St Mary's then he would have done so by now, none of the six managers ranging from Pochettino to Ralph have seen fit to play him much and each has had a look at him in pres season in between loans latterly.

He is a tidy player, but would I have him above any of our current midfielders including Hojbjerg and the answer is no, he is still a Saints player only due to the level of wages he is on, now he is in the last year of his contract I suspect he will go.

Harrison Reed on 16:21 - Jul 27 with 2159 viewscocklebreath

Harrison Reed on 15:37 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

He has had some good performances at Fulham, you say the difference between the top sides and the bottom 10 isn't huge, but I would bg to differ, last seasons Champions went down and Villa only just scraped up as Watford & Bournemouth were in freefall.

Sheffield United had a good season, but I don't think they will repeat it next year, Fulham themselves came up and went down pretty swiftly last season and Huddersfield stayed up one season went down the next, the odd side like Wolves has the clout to stay up but most go back down.

Of the last 5 years only one season has seen all 3 promoted clubs stay up and of the 15 who came up 9 have been relegated with only 6 still in the Premier League, Burnley, Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle, Villa & Sheffield Utd.

The gap is immense you can throw money at it and it doesn't guarantee success and you can spend little and go down as Norwich did.

Would Hojbjerg look a World Beater in the Championship ? well firstly Harrsion Reed doesn't look a World Beater, he is just a tidy player who get the ball and passes it, Hojbjerg is several classes above Reed and at 24 (ok 25 in a week or two) 8 months younger than Reed has over 100 Premier League games for Saints, almost 60 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern Munich, Schalke & Ausburg to his name plus 18 Champions & Europa League appearances both for us and his German clubs.

Also 33 caps for his country and someone willing to pay £25 million for him, no one is tryingto snatch Reed under Fulham's noses or offered us anything realistic over the last 3 years

I don't like to appear to slag off players, but if Harrison Reed was going to succeed at St Mary's then he would have done so by now, none of the six managers ranging from Pochettino to Ralph have seen fit to play him much and each has had a look at him in pres season in between loans latterly.

He is a tidy player, but would I have him above any of our current midfielders including Hojbjerg and the answer is no, he is still a Saints player only due to the level of wages he is on, now he is in the last year of his contract I suspect he will go.

Players improve Nick, I think he has, think he’d fit Ralph’s philosophy, Rom, JWP, Smallbone and Reed, that’ll do

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Harrison Reed on 19:59 - Jul 27 with 2074 viewsJaySaint

Harrison Reed on 16:21 - Jul 27 by cocklebreath

Players improve Nick, I think he has, think he’d fit Ralph’s philosophy, Rom, JWP, Smallbone and Reed, that’ll do

Why would smallbone do?
He looks pretty crap from the mins on the pitch I have seen

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Harrison Reed on 21:04 - Jul 27 with 2024 viewsNYC_Saint

He looks very comfortable on the ball and is always looking for it and just got the assist (although it was a bit solo wonder effort from the scorer). I must say the standard doesn’t look like much to me - I remember the Leeds play off games last season looked a lot higher standard than this tonight.
Harrison Reed on 21:06 - Jul 27 with 2021 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 19:59 - Jul 27 by JaySaint

Why would smallbone do?
He looks pretty crap from the mins on the pitch I have seen

Smallbone got his foot in to a tackle and played Adams in for one of his goals

Harrison Reed on 21:09 - Jul 27 with 2017 viewsPatfromPoole

Reed is playing very well tonight.

Looking an accomplished player. Certainly a lot better on the ball than Hjogjberg.

Harrison Reed on 21:15 - Jul 27 with 2004 viewsSaintNick

Harrison Reed on 21:09 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

Looking an accomplished player. Certainly a lot better on the ball than Hjogjberg.

Does anyone think that Spurs & Everton might be considering dropping their interest in Hojbjerg and getting Reed for a 5th of the price instead ?

No I don't either and there is a reason for that sadly

Harrison Reed on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 1988 viewsPatfromPoole

Harrison Reed on 21:15 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Does anyone think that Spurs & Everton might be considering dropping their interest in Hojbjerg and getting Reed for a 5th of the price instead ?

No I don't either and there is a reason for that sadly

The main reason I can think of is that Reed hasn’t got a renowned name as an agent.

Reed looks a proper midfielder to me. Hjogjberg might be if he could pass the ball to a player in his own team.

Harrison Reed on 21:38 - Jul 27 with 1970 viewskingslandstand1

Harrison Reed on 15:10 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

I still go back to previous thread about getting him back as our saviour, I watched most of the Fulham / Brentford game a while go and wasn't that impressed as much as to ask why is he not still here, we need him

But hey, what do I know
Harrison Reed on 21:42 - Jul 27 with 1954 viewsdirk_doone

He's been voted Fulham's Man of the Match in most of the games he's played in. He's a very good passer and tackler. He would be a good addition to our first team squad. Ralph has already mentioned him so I think we'll see him playing for us next season. It will be like having a new signing.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 21:44]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Harrison Reed on 21:45 - Jul 27 with 1943 viewsJaySaint

Its a lower level

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Harrison Reed on 21:46 - Jul 27 with 1936 viewskingslandstand1

Harrison Reed on 21:26 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

The main reason I can think of is that Reed hasn’t got a renowned name as an agent.

Reed looks a proper midfielder to me. Hjogjberg might be if he could pass the ball to a player in his own team.

"hasn’t got a renowned name as an agent." I'd hate to think you were right Pat and rather that clubs actually have scouts out and about to look at these players trying to find out why we had to loan him out!
Harrison Reed on 21:51 - Jul 27 with 1925 viewspjt50

Contender for MOTM for me. Not flashy but in that position you don't want flashy. A great engine & I always thought he looked like he had a good footballing brain, so plenty for Ralph to work with.

Alternatively sell him for 15mill+.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Harrison Reed on 21:54 - Jul 27 with 1918 viewsdirk_doone

Harrison Reed on 21:51 - Jul 27 by pjt50

Contender for MOTM for me. Not flashy but in that position you don't want flashy. A great engine & I always thought he looked like he had a good footballing brain, so plenty for Ralph to work with.

Alternatively sell him for 15mill+.

He'll be in the Premier League next season, that's for sure. Burnley are also rumoured to be interested in him. He's the industrious type of midfielder that would appeal to Dyche but I think Ralph will also be interested in keeping him and so, of course, will Fulham be if they get promoted.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 21:55]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Harrison Reed on 22:37 - Jul 27 with 1826 viewscocklebreath

Harrison Reed on 21:45 - Jul 27 by JaySaint

Its a lower level

and he’s probably the best player, Grealish played at a lower level as well last season

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Harrison Reed on 22:58 - Jul 27 with 1790 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Harrison Reed on 22:37 - Jul 27 by cocklebreath

and he’s probably the best player, Grealish played at a lower level as well last season

Agreed.

If he was getting rave reviews and was NOT a Saints' player, there would no doubt be the same helmets clamouring to sign him to replace 'PEH'.

Get him back, see what he can do pre-season. If Hassenhuttl moves him on then fine, we know he's not rated.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Harrison Reed on 23:05 - Jul 27 with 1780 viewsSaintNick

I applaud the confidence that some of you have in a player who has played only 62 minutes for the club in the last 5 years and can wax lyrical about his 6 Premier League starts and 538 minute Saints career, most of which was 5-6 years ago.

I like Harrison Reed, but I am looking at fact not fiction, and not through rose tinted spectacles, if Fulham don't go up then there will not be a bid for him from any club above us in the Premier League aside from perhaps Burnley and the fee will do well to reach £5 million.

If we harbour hopes of a top 10 finish we need to be buying players of a certain standard

In terms of stats he is 144th in Championship players, 15th in terms of Fulham players and 229th in the list of Worldwide defensive midfielders, Lemina is rated at 62

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024