Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Played for us and them time 17:10 - Oct 31 with 805 viewsericofarabia

Chris Nicholl
Targett
Cashfool
Paul Rideout
Kevin Richardson
Did Bertrand have a loan spell there?
Winger who joined us from Liverpool on loan in 90's?
I think Burridge played there.
Played for us and them time on 17:32 - Oct 31 with 793 viewsBicester_North

Mark Walters?
Peter Crouch

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Played for us and them time on 19:38 - Oct 31 with 757 viewsChesham_Saint

Andy Townsend - everyone’s favourite cockney Irishman and Ratboy Kevin Phillips?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Played for us and them time on 19:41 - Oct 31 with 755 viewshedgeend61

Steven Davis,
Mark Draper.
Played for us and them time on 19:54 - Oct 31 with 744 viewsPatfromPoole

Stuart Gray

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Played for us and them time on 21:04 - Oct 31 with 717 viewsA1079

Played for us and them time on 19:38 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

Andy Townsend - everyone’s favourite cockney Irishman and Ratboy Kevin Phillips?

It is probably completely irrational Chesham but I have never been able to take to Townsend whether as a player or a pundit.
Played for us and them time on 21:25 - Oct 31 with 700 viewsChesham_Saint

Played for us and them time on 21:04 - Oct 31 by A1079

It is probably completely irrational Chesham but I have never been able to take to Townsend whether as a player or a pundit.

I know what you mean. It”s one of my bug bears but for me appearing for your country is the ultimate honour and you should feel it to your core. He epitomises that type of mercenary player that would do anything just to be an “international”.Plenty of athletes move somewhere and love their new country - it really means something to them. He was about as Irish as Ronald Reagan.

Townsend’s international career was just a flag of convenience and I can’t respect him because of that - or am I being unfair?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Played for us and them time on 22:29 - Oct 31 with 678 viewsA1079

Played for us and them time on 21:25 - Oct 31 by Chesham_Saint

I know what you mean. It”s one of my bug bears but for me appearing for your country is the ultimate honour and you should feel it to your core. He epitomises that type of mercenary player that would do anything just to be an “international”.Plenty of athletes move somewhere and love their new country - it really means something to them. He was about as Irish as Ronald Reagan.

Townsend’s international career was just a flag of convenience and I can’t respect him because of that - or am I being unfair?

No I don't think you are Chesham. I concur with that view.
Played for us and them time on 01:20 - Nov 1 with 634 viewsericofarabia

Played for us and them time on 17:32 - Oct 31 by Bicester_North

Mark Walters?
Peter Crouch

Yep Mark Walters. How did I forget Crouchy?0
Login to get fewer ads

Played for us and them time on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 588 viewsSaintNick

Played for us and them time on 01:20 - Nov 1 by ericofarabia

Yep Mark Walters. How did I forget Crouchy?0

You have all forgot Lew Chatterley who played 153 games for them in the 1960's and joined Saints in 1974 following his former boss at Grimsby Lawrie McMenemy to the Dell playing 9 games for us

He was McMenemy's assistant from 1979 to 1985 when he went to Sunderland with the departing Saints manager.

In January 1990, Chatterley returned to The Dell as a youth development officer, and, in July 1991, once again became a coach under Ian Branfoot who had recently been appointed Southampton's manager. In January 1994.

Following Branfoot's departure, he briefly acted as caretaker manager in tandem with Dave Merrington, taking charge of the team for one match, before Alan Ball's appointment. He was then promoted to the role of assistant manager, a post he retained until the appointment of Graeme Souness in July 1996.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Played for us and them time on 09:20 - Nov 1 with 577 viewsdirk_doone

"I think Burridge played there"

Always a good shout whenever we have a thread like this as he played for just about everyone:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Burridge

Billy Kingdon
George Smith
George Hadley
Bertram Sharp
Joseph Wilcox

And finally, an old'un but a good'un, Jack Reynolds, the only player in history to score both for and against England in senior international matches, barring own goals.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 9:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024