Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
POL v SVK 18:07 - Jun 14 with 1153 viewsBerber

Is that Karen Carney just described the scuffed equaliser from Lewandowski as a brilliant finish?
POL v SVK on 18:24 - Jun 14 with 1122 viewsBerber

Whoever it is, they are making up a new football terms vocabulary. After the Polish player was sent of, " Lewandowski is going to have to play lower." WTF? Run like a chimp?
POL v SVK on 18:30 - Jun 14 with 1102 viewsdirk_doone

I just wish she'd stop talking. Her voice is really grating.

Bednarek has just done his usual back turn when an opponent was about to shoot - 2-1 to Slovakia. With Armstrong and Adams' Scotland losing 2-0 and Vestergaard's Denmark losing, the Saints' players ' dismal year drags on.

At least the Saints' academy rejects, Mings and Sparv, are doing well.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 18:36]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

POL v SVK on 18:30 - Jun 14 with 1098 viewsBerber

By the way, I am all for female involvement in punditry and commentary, just not ignorant ones.
POL v SVK on 18:31 - Jun 14 with 1096 viewshedgeend61

Lewandoski didn't score the goal, she said he made a brilliant run which opened up the space for Rybus to pull the ball back to Linetty to score.

I'm no great fan of hers, but she got that right.
POL v SVK on 18:39 - Jun 14 with 1075 viewsdirk_doone

To be honest, I couldn't tell you what she said. I just hear a depressing droning noise when she speaks.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

POL v SVK on 18:46 - Jun 14 with 1063 viewsBerber

POL v SVK on 18:31 - Jun 14 by hedgeend61

Lewandoski didn't score the goal, she said he made a brilliant run which opened up the space for Rybus to pull the ball back to Linetty to score.

I'm no great fan of hers, but she got that right.

I stand corrected on the scorer, but it was not "a brilliant strike" it was scuffed. The move was lovely though.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 18:47]
POL v SVK on 18:59 - Jun 14 with 1037 viewsBison

POL v SVK on 18:39 - Jun 14 by dirk_doone

To be honest, I couldn't tell you what she said. I just hear a depressing droning noise when she speaks.

I had to turn it off she was just constantly yapping and not following the game or letting it flow commentary wise. I thought it was just me !!!!

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

POL v SVK on 19:00 - Jun 14 with 1035 viewshedgeend61

POL v SVK on 18:46 - Jun 14 by Berber

I stand corrected on the scorer, but it was not "a brilliant strike" it was scuffed. The move was lovely though.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 18:47]

I agree with your point, she's as dull as dishwater, and shoud be furloughed
Login to get fewer ads

POL v SVK on 19:03 - Jun 14 with 1032 viewsHeisenberg

Don’t think it’s Karen Carney but she is the one who said Vestergaards tackle on Vardy was nasty and he deserved a straight red. A red that was rescinded a few days later. She’s up there with Clinton ‘innit’ Morrison. I also noticed Ashley Cole on last night who can hardly string a sentence together. And Micah Richards laughing like a hyena on acid does my head in.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

POL v SVK on 19:09 - Jun 14 with 1016 viewsBison

POL v SVK on 19:03 - Jun 14 by Heisenberg

Don’t think it’s Karen Carney but she is the one who said Vestergaards tackle on Vardy was nasty and he deserved a straight red. A red that was rescinded a few days later. She’s up there with Clinton ‘innit’ Morrison. I also noticed Ashley Cole on last night who can hardly string a sentence together. And Micah Richards laughing like a hyena on acid does my head in.

Its Emma Hayes Chelsea womens manager , the like of Ian Wright thinks she is a genius !!!!

I just cant listen to her go on , its awful.

POL v SVK on 19:10 - Jun 14 with 1012 viewsBerber

POL v SVK on 18:59 - Jun 14 by Bison

I had to turn it off she was just constantly yapping and not following the game or letting it flow commentary wise. I thought it was just me !!!!

"It really makes a difference if you travel through two time zones." No sh1t Sherlock, who doesn't know about jetlag?
POL v SVK on 19:15 - Jun 14 with 1008 viewsHeisenberg

I don’t mind any pundit who knows what they are talking about. Alex Scott knows her stuff and comes across well. There is, however, a women commentator on Radio 5 whose voice just grates. It’s like your Mum calling you in for tea for 2 hours.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

POL v SVK on 20:42 - Jun 14 with 928 viewsChesham_Saint

POL v SVK on 19:09 - Jun 14 by Bison

Its Emma Hayes Chelsea womens manager , the like of Ian Wright thinks she is a genius !!!!

I just cant listen to her go on , its awful.

Yesterday the lead pundit (Lineker?) said as they walked out that the players were keyed up as this was a high pressure, high profile scenario for them even allowing for cup finals and European cup finals they’d been in. That is why a female football commentator really hasn’t had the same experience. That said, it’s refreshing to have a female perspective perspective, but for me they just haven’t had the same experience and pressures as say a Sergio Aguero or Raheem Sterling has had. Have they?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

POL v SVK on 21:24 - Jun 14 with 893 viewsDorsetIan

IMO Karen Carney is an excellent pundit. She makes mistakes like all of them, but her football knowledge is very good and unlike the likes of Jenas or Savage, she rarely spouts drivel.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

POL v SVK on 21:36 - Jun 14 with 886 viewssledger

some of the pundits on now are completely desperate,its not enough to have knowledge you have to be able to convey youre thoughts to everyone,guess this is the price paid for gender and multi culturism no matter whether you can do the job or not
POL v SVK on 23:27 - Jun 14 with 821 viewsBison

POL v SVK on 21:36 - Jun 14 by sledger

some of the pundits on now are completely desperate,its not enough to have knowledge you have to be able to convey youre thoughts to everyone,guess this is the price paid for gender and multi culturism no matter whether you can do the job or not

Precisely she was spouting out facts about all the players how many goals they had scored in whatever league they were in , what school they weñt too...

Then watched the Spain game which Danny Murphy and someone was commenting on it was more like.....

Pedri ....... into Moratta........ floated into Olmo , they went long spells just letting you enjoy the football not distracting fact stating to show they know their stuff.

POL v SVK on 08:40 - Jun 15 with 694 viewssaintwizzler

Danny Murphy saying what Spain were doing wrong.

Lolcano

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

POL v SVK on 08:49 - Jun 15 with 683 viewskingslandstand1

POL v SVK on 23:27 - Jun 14 by Bison

Precisely she was spouting out facts about all the players how many goals they had scored in whatever league they were in , what school they weñt too...

Then watched the Spain game which Danny Murphy and someone was commenting on it was more like.....

Pedri ....... into Moratta........ floated into Olmo , they went long spells just letting you enjoy the football not distracting fact stating to show they know their stuff.

But they don't know their facts, they just read from a pre-prepared Wikipedia script about who they played for and how many goals they scored etc etc
POL v SVK on 09:19 - Jun 15 with 640 viewsDellHero_Would

Ex Women footballers can never compare or talk about the men’s game in the same way. I don’t care how many caps they’ve got, the pressure of playing in front of 20k children with free tickets in a WC final doesn’t even come close.

Tennis is a different matter as is athletics, so it’s nothing to do with being sexist. It’s a fact.

I do like the pretty mixed race girl though, she is a lot better than some of the male saps that are on mainstream Television overall.

Poll: Wearing a mask

POL v SVK on 11:46 - Jun 15 with 595 viewskingslandstand1

Just remembered a similar situation at the death with our very own Jan Bednarek where he could possibly have saved the day for Poland

The ball came over from the right and he totally fluffed/shinned his first attempt at a shot but was then lucky enough for it to give him another chance when he turned and got a clean shot but it went wide, but she said he did everything right although should really have scored (she obviously doesn't see him play every week ), but that's not the point

He totally c0cked up his first attempt although did connect with his 2nd
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024