Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture 10:05 - Aug 8 with 937 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55413/everton-announce-c

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 11:40 - Aug 8 with 851 viewsSaintsforeverj

Bit late to set out the terms of buying tickets, now everyone has bought tickets. Will Saints do the same for the Man U game? I am going to the game fully vaccinated so no issue for me. Bit going with a couple of others with one jab so far. Is one jab enough? And how an earth will the unvaccinated prove they are negative? Do they need to send off a test and show the email? Or do the test at home which you could just pour water in, so that isn't proof at all? It will be chaos, especially for the travelling fans if they don't knoa what providing a negative test means.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 11:44]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 12:06 - Aug 8 with 815 viewsPatfromPoole

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 11:40 - Aug 8 by Saintsforeverj

Bit late to set out the terms of buying tickets, now everyone has bought tickets. Will Saints do the same for the Man U game? I am going to the game fully vaccinated so no issue for me. Bit going with a couple of others with one jab so far. Is one jab enough? And how an earth will the unvaccinated prove they are negative? Do they need to send off a test and show the email? Or do the test at home which you could just pour water in, so that isn't proof at all? It will be chaos, especially for the travelling fans if they don't knoa what providing a negative test means.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 11:44]

United fans will just blag their way in.

With a few flares, no doubt.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 12:06]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 12:22 - Aug 8 with 793 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 12:06 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

United fans will just blag their way in.

With a few flares, no doubt.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 12:06]

Probably. Would be nice if they could be clear. Some people with only one jab, will be having the 2nd one, but haven't yet, through no fault of their own. I wonder if they will be allowed in. Find out on the day I suppose, as there doesn't seem to be any clear guidance.

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 14:13 - Aug 8 with 722 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 12:22 - Aug 8 by Saintsforeverj

Probably. Would be nice if they could be clear. Some people with only one jab, will be having the 2nd one, but haven't yet, through no fault of their own. I wonder if they will be allowed in. Find out on the day I suppose, as there doesn't seem to be any clear guidance.

You need to show evidence of either a double vaccine or a negative lateral flow test. One or the other. I thought it was quite clear to be honest. Although how they are going to process this on the day, I’ve no idea, probably best to get to the ground earlier than usual.
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 14:16 - Aug 8 with 717 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 14:13 - Aug 8 by solent_toffee

You need to show evidence of either a double vaccine or a negative lateral flow test. One or the other. I thought it was quite clear to be honest. Although how they are going to process this on the day, I’ve no idea, probably best to get to the ground earlier than usual.

And how do you show evidence of a negative lateral flow test? If it is clear, please do explain how you do this!

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 14:48 - Aug 8 with 692 viewsDorsetIan

It‘s unhelpfully vague.

‚Fans should ready to produce if asked...‘

So most people presumably won’t be asked at all.

And then, yes, it’s easy enough to prove double jab via the NHS app, but no guidance given about how you prove the negative lateral flow. Some countries accept proof of a negative lateral flow test to get in, but then it’s clear that you need an official email from a testing centre and it’ll cost you about £40 minimum.

i would take a home test and photo the negative result on your phone. No one is going to pay £40 when they prob won’t even be asked. The photo option is, of course, easy to fake, but not sure what else anyone can do, especially in the absence of any more specific guidance.

It’s not very helpful from Everton and I hope Saints don’t try to do something similar. There were long queues at gate C yesterday and I wondered if they were checking everyone.

Clubs need to be on this. They have had long enough to prepare for it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 688 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 14:48 - Aug 8 by DorsetIan

It‘s unhelpfully vague.

‚Fans should ready to produce if asked...‘

So most people presumably won’t be asked at all.

And then, yes, it’s easy enough to prove double jab via the NHS app, but no guidance given about how you prove the negative lateral flow. Some countries accept proof of a negative lateral flow test to get in, but then it’s clear that you need an official email from a testing centre and it’ll cost you about £40 minimum.

i would take a home test and photo the negative result on your phone. No one is going to pay £40 when they prob won’t even be asked. The photo option is, of course, easy to fake, but not sure what else anyone can do, especially in the absence of any more specific guidance.

It’s not very helpful from Everton and I hope Saints don’t try to do something similar. There were long queues at gate C yesterday and I wondered if they were checking everyone.

Clubs need to be on this. They have had long enough to prepare for it.

Yep, very well explained. It is unclear, particularly for proving the test and it is a nonsense anyway, because as you say, you could easily fake it if you do at home, so it's meaningless! Fans, especially the travelling fans need to know, as it would be a very expensive journey to make and then not get in because you don't bring the right proof!

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:04 - Aug 8 with 678 viewsPatfromPoole

If it’s anything like the Euros, lip service will be paid to it and stewards will barely look at your evidence of being COVID-free.

Typical example; I am double-vaccinated. To show this on the NHS app takes a few clicks. I decided in the pub beforehand to just take a screenshot of this on my phone, as it would save time at the ground.

If they had been officiating properly, they would have asked to see it via the app rather than a screenshot of the app, as I could have been passing myself off as anybody.

But nobody ever asked at any of the 5 England games I went to.

And then there was the Final…..

Login to get fewer ads

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:09 - Aug 8 with 665 viewsPatfromPoole

And all I’ll say about lateral flow tests is that I suspect a lot of England fans lied about the results of them before the games against Denmark and Italy…..

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:10 - Aug 8 with 663 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 14:16 - Aug 8 by Saintsforeverj

And how do you show evidence of a negative lateral flow test? If it is clear, please do explain how you do this!

Take a test if it’s negative take with you to the game. If it’s positive, stay away.

For me, that bits relatively straightforward, the practicalities around showing it to stewards/whoever is working on the gate will be the issue.

To add more fun to it Everton have introduced a new ticket app. With thousands of pissed up fans trying to access an app where the signal is piss poor is going to be a hoot.
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:14 - Aug 8 with 661 viewsDorsetIan

Google images also happy to oblige...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=negative+lateral+flow+test&client=safari&a

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:15 - Aug 8 with 660 viewsericofarabia

So, you've spent 6 hours travelling up from Southampton, been using your phone most of the time watching films, sports stuff etc and your battery is dead, or somebody nicked your phone or you lost it.
Tough luck I guess.
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:24 - Aug 8 with 576 viewssaintwizzler

When u submit a LFT online they text you the result.
You show this at the turnstile.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:33 - Aug 8 with 572 views1ASIN12

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:24 - Aug 8 by saintwizzler

When u submit a LFT online they text you the result.
You show this at the turnstile.

Are they serialised? if not can you not just bull shit it and say you've done a test and got the all clear?

If so seems little point asking for it?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 17:33]
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:36 - Aug 8 with 557 viewsWints76

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:33 - Aug 8 by 1ASIN12

Are they serialised? if not can you not just bull shit it and say you've done a test and got the all clear?

If so seems little point asking for it?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 17:33]

When I've input the LFT results, I've had to input the serial number from the test indicator. Don't know if that number could just be made up
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:52 - Aug 8 with 539 views1ASIN12

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 17:36 - Aug 8 by Wints76

When I've input the LFT results, I've had to input the serial number from the test indicator. Don't know if that number could just be made up

Ok thanks, i have just got the NHS app, a bif of jumping through hoops and also not an instant answer if yoy ahve to submit again etc.

I hope Saints comunicate this 1st thing Monday morning plus its not giving those un jabbed much time to get some test etc
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 18:12 - Aug 8 with 530 viewsSaintsforeverj

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 15:04 - Aug 8 by PatfromPoole

If it’s anything like the Euros, lip service will be paid to it and stewards will barely look at your evidence of being COVID-free.

Typical example; I am double-vaccinated. To show this on the NHS app takes a few clicks. I decided in the pub beforehand to just take a screenshot of this on my phone, as it would save time at the ground.

If they had been officiating properly, they would have asked to see it via the app rather than a screenshot of the app, as I could have been passing myself off as anybody.

But nobody ever asked at any of the 5 England games I went to.

And then there was the Final…..

And they barely look at it, because the under pressure stewards don't have time to get thousands of impatient alcohol fuelled fans through the gates in time and safely. It's completely impractical and pointless doing it. They can't check serial numbers. The responsible will be responsible anyway, whilst those who want to get in unvaccinated etc will do so anyway with fake apps and the rest.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 18:15]

Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 433 viewshedgeend61

"fans should be prepared to present, if asked when entering the stadium, their COVID-19 vaccination status or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of the match."

Translated means, the chances of checking 40,000 fans in 90 minutes prior ko is pretty much zero and won't happen.
Everton Announce Covid 19 Protocols For Southampton Fixture on 21:27 - Aug 8 with 420 viewsA1079

Oh for the days when going to football was a simple enjoyable straight forward day out, when it did not cost a bomb, you met your family and friends pre and post match and all you needed to get in was a valid ticket or in some cases you could even pay at the turnstile! and they say everything is progress............

May be I am just too old for this game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024