Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches 08:56 - Oct 11 with 1087 viewsGRIM

It's become very apparent that the new owners priority is not winning football matches , it's about balancing the books.
But beware !
If you don't win football matches you won't have any books to balance.
Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 09:02 - Oct 11 with 1073 viewsSaintNick

Where have you been for the last 60 years, its been all about that since the 1960's, if you don't balance the books then you don't have any football matches to play let alone win.

It is all about staying in the Premier League for most clubs, and we have had to win football matches to do that over the past 10 years.

It is strange that on another thread people have said they would rather have a manager who was using us as a stepping stone such as Pochettino & Koeman did as it gave us fleeting success, than one who cared about the club and stayed here.

Yer here is a thread that seems to contradict that and say it is wrong for the owners to want to sign players cheaply and then sell them on at a profit.

Buy a history book on Saints, our new owners strategy is not a lot different than the one we have used to great affect (most of the time anyway) since Ted Bates in the 1960's and then Lawrie Mcmenemy

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 09:38 - Oct 11 with 1015 viewsGRIM

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 09:02 - Oct 11 by SaintNick

Where have you been for the last 60 years, its been all about that since the 1960's, if you don't balance the books then you don't have any football matches to play let alone win.

It is all about staying in the Premier League for most clubs, and we have had to win football matches to do that over the past 10 years.

It is strange that on another thread people have said they would rather have a manager who was using us as a stepping stone such as Pochettino & Koeman did as it gave us fleeting success, than one who cared about the club and stayed here.

Yer here is a thread that seems to contradict that and say it is wrong for the owners to want to sign players cheaply and then sell them on at a profit.

Buy a history book on Saints, our new owners strategy is not a lot different than the one we have used to great affect (most of the time anyway) since Ted Bates in the 1960's and then Lawrie Mcmenemy

I'll tell you where I've been for the last 60 years.
Supporting Saints by having season tickets at The Dell & St Mary's.
I no longer have a season ticket because my pension doesn't stretch that far & I am not prepared to pay silly money to watch rubbish.
But I do still support & care about the club, thank God for technology which enables me to watch every single minute.
I don't know why I bother to watch it because it depresses me unlike 60 years ago when it was entertaining.
Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 10:12 - Oct 11 with 978 viewsgrumpy

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 09:02 - Oct 11 by SaintNick

Be careful how you reply to posts ,Nick.
GRIM has obviously been supporting Saints for a very long time.

'It is strange that on another thread people have said they would rather have a manager who was using us as a stepping stone such as Pochettino & Koeman did as it gave us fleeting success, than one who cared about the club and stayed here'

Do you think Ralph would have stayed here very long if he had been successful?

I've read plenty of Saints history books too and the way Lawrie and Ted did things was not the same.They bought decent players for one.

I question our new owners strategy being 'not a lot different ' than the past.
We have had in the past a great reputation for bringing on young players,whats happened to that?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 10:15]
Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 10:21 - Oct 11 with 960 viewssaintwizzler

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 10:12 - Oct 11 by grumpy

'It is strange that on another thread people have said they would rather have a manager who was using us as a stepping stone such as Pochettino & Koeman did as it gave us fleeting success, than one who cared about the club and stayed here'

I've read plenty of Saints history books too and the way Lawrie and Ted did things was not the same.They bought decent players for one.

We have had in the past a great reputation for bringing on young players,whats happened to that?

He’s enjoyed the £6m annual salary that’s f’sure.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 10:22 - Oct 11 with 960 viewsdirk_doone

It's about keeping the score down.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 14:41 - Oct 11 with 805 viewskingslandstand1

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 09:38 - Oct 11 by GRIM

I'll tell you where I've been for the last 60 years.
Supporting Saints by having season tickets at The Dell & St Mary's.
I no longer have a season ticket because my pension doesn't stretch that far & I am not prepared to pay silly money to watch rubbish.
But I do still support & care about the club, thank God for technology which enables me to watch every single minute.
I don't know why I bother to watch it because it depresses me unlike 60 years ago when it was entertaining.

"I don't know why I bother to watch it because it depresses me unlike 60 years ago when it was entertaining."

You do it for the same reason as the rest of us, love for the club through thick and thin and there have been plenty of both over the years. A lot of the problem with the younger fans is that their expectations are greater than most, but I would say there is nothing wrong with high expectations, just don't actually expect to reach them all. But a few wins on the trot wouldn't go amiss. Think of the high after the Chelsea game!!

Fair play to you and I can probably understand your reasoning for not going now which is a shame
Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 16:24 - Oct 11 with 713 viewsGRIM

Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 10:12 - Oct 11 by grumpy

Well said GRUMPY.
Nick tends to forget that some of us have been supporting Saints a lot longer than he has.
I still try to remember the good times when we signed quality players like Kevin Keegan, Peter Osgood, Alan Ball to name but a few.
I know it's sad but some of us just live in hope we get something to entertain us from St Mary's soon.
Suffering Saints. Its no longer about winning matches on 16:34 - Oct 11 with 695 viewssaint68

I like that you are slowly abusing regular posters and think that's fine..you then try and insinuate that those that abuse the manager need history lessons or anger management or mental healthcare..you are becoming not only disengaged from reading glaringly obvious problems in regards to our current useless manager, but also on a character assassination of various posters on here...

If you think Ralph should be in place until next May and see no threat of relegation this season, then fair play to you Nick...the vast majority and bookies aren't aligned to your polarised love in with the Austrian tactical genius.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024