Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Jones - What to expect 19:33 - Dec 19 with 1986 viewsresearchersaint

Hi,

I've written the below article about what to expect from Saints under Nathan Jones in terms of tactics, formations and which players are likely to be key to his style of play. Take a look and let me know what you think. Hopefully he hits the ground running as there's a lot of must win games in the next 7 in the league!

https://analyticsunited.co.uk/2022/12/19/what-to-expect-from-nathan-jones-southa
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 20:31 - Dec 19 with 1913 viewsBazza

Interesting detailed analysis much appreciated. I’m hoping for some positive attacking play but we need the strikers to hit the target more often
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 21:00 - Dec 19 with 1884 viewsSouthamptonfan

Thanks for the analysis. Seems like he plays attractive, attacking football. He comes across really well. Let's hope it goes well. Best of luck to him.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 08:26 - Dec 21 with 1532 viewsericofarabia

As much as I want Jones to succeed all I'm getting at the moment is Luggy Sturrock vibes of a man out of his depth.
I didn't see any motivation or interaction coming from the touchline, just the same hunched shoulders, blank stare into the middle distance prowling the touch line actions of his predecessor.
Didn't come over very well in post match interview either.
Absolutely no positives out of this match unless he bins the 3 CB crap immediately and sends AMN back to Arsenal.
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 08:38 - Dec 21 with 1521 viewssledger

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 08:26 - Dec 21 by ericofarabia

As much as I want Jones to succeed all I'm getting at the moment is Luggy Sturrock vibes of a man out of his depth.
I didn't see any motivation or interaction coming from the touchline, just the same hunched shoulders, blank stare into the middle distance prowling the touch line actions of his predecessor.
Didn't come over very well in post match interview either.
Absolutely no positives out of this match unless he bins the 3 CB crap immediately and sends AMN back to Arsenal.

he was probably staring blankly because he couldnt believe that on countless tlmes that so called premier league players cant pass 5 yards to a team mate.Agree about maitland niles horrible so called pro footballer.
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 16:34 - Dec 21 with 1415 viewsBerber

A nice take on where the new manager may go with tactics. Ultimately though, without a reliable (of sorts) goal scorer we will be in trouble. Our current bun ch have shown over and again that they are wasteful of the chances we create. It would be good if we can create more, sooner in our phases of possession, but it will be the lack of goals that does for us.

I am sure that we have all played against sides that we knew struggled to get goals, and were the more confident about taking risks and pushing on to get more goals. Sides must relish playing against us.
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 17:45 - Dec 21 with 1377 viewsgrumpy

I know its early days but I feel we have the wrong man in charge
To take over a struggling Premiership club that is struggling to score goals is a big ask for any manager.
I was one of many that thought it was time for Ralph to go but if had known we would replace him with a manager who was such a failure at Stoke I would have preferred to stick it out with Ralph.
I hope I'm wrong,but I cant see us bringing in the sort of players we need when we are in such a dangerous position in the league and have such an inexperienced manager.
To struggle to beat Lincoln,a 3rd tier team sat 14th in their division when we are at home doesn't bode well.
We have some good players but we need someone to command the midfield and one or two forwards who can score at the highest level, big ask for us.
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 17:51 - Dec 21 with 1369 viewsSouthamptonfan

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 17:45 - Dec 21 by grumpy

To take over a struggling Premiership club that is struggling to score goals is a big ask for any manager.
I was one of many that thought it was time for Ralph to go but if had known we would replace him with a manager who was such a failure at Stoke I would have preferred to stick it out with Ralph.
I hope I'm wrong,but I cant see us bringing in the sort of players we need when we are in such a dangerous position in the league and have such an inexperienced manager.
To struggle to beat Lincoln,a 3rd tier team sat 14th in their division when we are at home doesn't bode well.
We have some good players but we need someone to command the midfield and one or two forwards who can score at the highest level, big ask for us.

I agree with you Grumps. Likewise, I hope I'm wrong. But I was one of those who said that we wouldn't get anyone better than Ralph. The problem is higher up. Many need to realise that we are an unambitious club just trying to make money. Ralph wasn't the problem. He had a really poor squad to choose from, so does Nathan..
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 17:56]

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 19:20 - Dec 21 with 1292 viewsBerber

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 17:45 - Dec 21 by grumpy

I agree. Nice chap that he is, JWP is not a leader on the pitch. The one significant downside area since last season is not having a suitable replacement for Romeu.
Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 19:38 - Dec 21 with 1276 viewsGRIM

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 19:20 - Dec 21 by Berber

I agree. Nice chap that he is, JWP is not a leader on the pitch. The one significant downside area since last season is not having a suitable replacement for Romeu.

Saints are going to need a huge slice of good luck to survive this season.
We looked like very poor group of players against Lincoln.
NJ looks like a Sunday morning Pub Team manager, I really hope he is up to the task of rejuvenating this squad.
As for JWP will someone please tell to look over his shoulder & play the ball forward, he spends of of his time facing his own goal & playing the ball the way he's facing (backwards).
He's not a leader, but we have no leaders on or off the pitch, that will be our downfall.
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 18:48 - Dec 26 with 1018 viewskentsouthampton

It's a wonder he manages to pull his trousers down when he takes a shìt, he's that bad.
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 19:24 - Dec 26 with 932 viewsNinja9

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 18:48 - Dec 26 by kentsouthampton

It's a wonder he manages to pull his trousers down when he takes a shìt, he's that bad.

Absolutely pathetic . Next season will be Championship football with a championship manager . I hope all those that wanted Ralph gone are happy now . No ambition from the club in appointing what we have now . He is out of his depth by a country mile . This is the worst Saints have been since the Branfoot days .
Nathan Jones - What to expect on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 872 viewsPatfromPoole

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 19:24 - Dec 26 by Ninja9

Absolutely pathetic . Next season will be Championship football with a championship manager . I hope all those that wanted Ralph gone are happy now . No ambition from the club in appointing what we have now . He is out of his depth by a country mile . This is the worst Saints have been since the Branfoot days .

We thought that if they were going to get rid of Ralph, they might get somebody in who would improve the team. That’s kinda the point.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 20:07 - Dec 26 with 852 viewsSouthamptonfan

Nathan Jones - What to expect on 20:02 - Dec 26 by PatfromPoole

We thought that if they were going to get rid of Ralph, they might get somebody in who would improve the team. That’s kinda the point.

The fans missed the point that the owners are the ultimate problem, trying to do things on the cheap. It was no surprise to me when they appointed a cheap manager. No decent ambitious manager would agree to come to a club with championship players and players from Man City's third team. And no decent manager will come to a club that keeps selling it's very best players. The problems are higher than the manager. Us fans let them get away with it, blaming successive managers instead. Meanwhile our team has been totally destroyed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024