Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things Nick should have noticed last night 09:49 - Mar 16 with 2010 viewssaints__fan__73

1. We are going down.
2. We are going down.
3. We are going down.
4. We are going down.
5. See points 1-4.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:07 - Mar 16 with 1966 viewssaint22

Valid points

Can we make room for we can't score and we won't if we dont play our new striker
5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:26 - Mar 16 with 1934 viewsPatfromPoole

I thought I was going to embrace the Championship.

But last night was just gutting.

Really felt we were going to push on and get out of the bottom 3 last night.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:34 - Mar 16 with 1920 viewsDorsetIan

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:26 - Mar 16 by PatfromPoole

We are going to. We just have to wait a bit longer.

Nil desperandum.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:49 - Mar 16 with 1903 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:26 - Mar 16 by PatfromPoole

I haven't seen any evidence we're good enough to get out of it. Selles got his bounce against Chelsea and even though we were much improved in that game from the Jones era, we were still fortunate to win against a side in very poor form. We were then woeful in our losses at relegation rivals Leeds and at home to League 2 Grimsby, then more than a little lucky to somehow scrape a win at home to a struggling Leicester side who dominated the game and should have scored 4.

We can't score goals, even when we come up against sides that are out of form or struggling for confidence themselves. Yes we need a decent striker, but as we create very little opportunities anyway and still look like we're going to concede in every game, the problems are a lot deeper than that.

Of course we can still get out of it on paper, but unless there's some divine intervention, it aint gonna happen.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:59 - Mar 16 with 1880 viewsHeisenberg

What is the point of getting out of it ? To do the same thing next season. The Premier League is dull.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:35 - Mar 16 with 1805 viewsdirk_doone

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 10:59 - Mar 16 by Heisenberg

What is the point of getting out of it ? To do the same thing next season. The Premier League is dull.

It's not dull when you're doing well. Ask Brighton fans.

The Championship is even more dull when you're doing badly. Ask Birmingham fans. They'd love to swap places with them but Brighton fans wouldn't give up their place in the Premier League for the world. They are having the time of their lives. Most Championship clubs' fans would love to be in the Premier League. After a few years down there, the club stagnates and the fans drift away, as has happened at Birmingham and Reading.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 11:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:38 - Mar 16 with 1792 viewsBerber

I noticed that almost every time Perraud or Sulemana were available with space on the left, we (mostly Diallo) thought it was a great idea to play it across to JWP on the right. But the process took so long, Brentford were already closing down any options for JWP.

But, I am no coach, but there again, I wouldn’t have started Diallo in the first place either.
5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:38 - Mar 16 with 1791 viewsfelly1

I felt the decision to bring in Elyonoussi and Diallo flattened the atmosphere and the buzz that had built up before the game.
This was a terrible error in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:39 - Mar 16 with 1785 viewsSaintNick

Im glad that you got some joy out of this defeat, do you feel better now ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:44 - Mar 16 with 1775 viewssaints__fan__73

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:39 - Mar 16 by SaintNick

Im glad that you got some joy out of this defeat, do you feel better now ?

Your comment doesn't make sense Nick. When we are doing poorly I am critical. When we are doing well I am not.

You, however, were nothing but critical throughout the period when the club was the most successful it had been since the the early 80s.

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 12:31 - Mar 16 with 1719 viewsHeisenberg

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:35 - Mar 16 by dirk_doone

The Championship is even more dull when you're doing badly. Ask Birmingham fans. They'd love to swap places with them but Brighton fans wouldn't give up their place in the Premier League for the world. They are having the time of their lives. Most Championship clubs' fans would love to be in the Premier League. After a few years down there, the club stagnates and the fans drift away, as has happened at Birmingham and Reading.

That’s about it. Enjoy finishing in the top half before the vultures circle and take all your best players. It won’t be long before both clubs start struggling. The Premier League is a cartel. Some of those elite clubs are state owned. Add to that the win at all costs cheating, the plastic glory seekers and the drooling bias of the media then it’s become an overpriced bore fest. I won’t cry when we go down.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 13:16 - Mar 16 with 1640 viewssledger

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:35 - Mar 16 by dirk_doone

brighton will follow our path,a few good years,loose youre best players and when youre recruitment fu@ks up yer screwed.As for brentford well done last night,you were effective,the new burnley,i give you a couple of years in the premier league.Some might call me a jealous miserable f@ck and they would be right
5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 1602 viewsSaintNick

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 11:44 - Mar 16 by saints__fan__73

Your comment doesn't make sense Nick. When we are doing poorly I am critical. When we are doing well I am not.

You, however, were nothing but critical throughout the period when the club was the most successful it had been since the the early 80s.

I was critical of the way one individual who was an employee and not the owner was running the club, not of the club or the team .

Success on the pitch does not mean a club is well run, as many have found out in the past including the likes of Manchester United, Portsmouth, Liverpool and quite a few more

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 15:20 - Mar 16 with 1495 viewssaints__fan__73

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 13:41 - Mar 16 by SaintNick

I was critical of the way one individual who was an employee and not the owner was running the club, not of the club or the team .

Success on the pitch does not mean a club is well run, as many have found out in the past including the likes of Manchester United, Portsmouth, Liverpool and quite a few more

Incorrect.

You were VERY critical of the team. Any player not doing well who was signed during that regime you were quick to be critical of. De Ridder, Mayuka, Forren, etc.

Success on the pitch? I've forgotten what that feels like tbh Nick.

What other factors do you use to judge a club? And if you are going to say finances then please remember that every year Cortese was in charge the club posted healthy profits at companies house. Something that is very much NOT the case today.

I can't wait to see what the accounts look like after we have spent £130m+ this season on an utterly useless bunch of never-will-bes... (even if we don't go down lol).

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 15:27 - Mar 16 with 1489 viewsNewdawn2014

5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 13:16 - Mar 16 by sledger

brighton will follow our path,a few good years,loose youre best players and when youre recruitment fu@ks up yer screwed.As for brentford well done last night,you were effective,the new burnley,i give you a couple of years in the premier league.Some might call me a jealous miserable f@ck and they would be right

Well done for dropping to the floor to buy time ? , I`d rather lose honestly than win with all the kind of play acting on show last night.
5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 17:10 - Mar 16 with 1405 views1ASIN12

It doesn't matter if you watch Match of the day, Sky sports or listen to BBC sport, talk Sport or read the papers. Every one of the pundets say Southampton are going down.

The same as any fans from ther clubs that phone up any radio show all say Southampton are going down.

Read any clubs forum from any league and they all say Southampton are going down.

We are.
5 Things Nick should have noticed last night on 17:42 - Mar 16 with 1380 viewsMattFinish

And there's the conundrum.

If we go into the Championship the fans will want promotion back to the PL and if we don’t get it there will be the same fan discontent as we have now.

Football is broken
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024