Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COME ON ENGLAND 19:46 - Mar 23 with 2315 viewssaintwizzler

Hammer those eyetie KUNTZ

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

COME ON ENGLAND on 19:48 - Mar 23 with 1837 viewsRon11

Kuntz a Conte
COME ON ENGLAND on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 1820 viewsdirk_doone

Italy seem to struggle as much as Scotland and Ireland do to find strikers. They've brought in an Argentinian because one of his grandparents was born in Italy, although this is probably Retegui's first visit there. He's not even first choice for his club in Argentina, Boca Juniors, who've loaned him out to Tigre.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

COME ON ENGLAND on 20:37 - Mar 23 with 1780 viewsdirk_doone

Very good first half performance from England.

COME ON ENGLAND on 20:46 - Mar 23 with 1765 viewssaintwizzler

COME ON ENGLAND on 20:37 - Mar 23 by dirk_doone

Very good first half performance from England.

It’s coming home.
English, not Scouse.

COME ON ENGLAND on 21:45 - Mar 23 with 1728 viewsdirk_doone

England's first away win against Italy for more than 60 years. What a great player Harry Kane is. He might not be popular when he plays for Spurs against us but he is superb for England.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 21:48]

COME ON ENGLAND on 21:56 - Mar 23 with 1699 viewssaintwizzler

A professional with no baggage.
A dying breed.

COME ON ENGLAND on 22:33 - Mar 23 with 1664 viewsSFC_Referee

Well, as much tonight was a great result for us, it really did highlight how picking players based completely on who they play for/how they’ve played for England in the past.
As Phillips was just dreadful and barely got the ball, but whenever he did just gave it away, and Maguire was just his usual self! And even then Grealish was poor as well as really has to be making it 3-0 with that chance we had just before half-time.
And even then what the heck was Shaw thinking with the time wasting, as the ref (who in my books actually had a fairly decent game) had already booked a few others for it, so could he not tell what was coming if he did try to waste time?

But still the result was decent, but it’s not like we were playing the world champions and if we are to ever win anything then we’ve gotta be playing better than this

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

COME ON ENGLAND on 23:49 - Mar 23 with 1614 viewsdirk_doone

COME ON ENGLAND on 22:33 - Mar 23 by SFC_Referee

Well, as much tonight was a great result for us, it really did highlight how picking players based completely on who they play for/how they’ve played for England in the past.
As Phillips was just dreadful and barely got the ball, but whenever he did just gave it away, and Maguire was just his usual self! And even then Grealish was poor as well as really has to be making it 3-0 with that chance we had just before half-time.
And even then what the heck was Shaw thinking with the time wasting, as the ref (who in my books actually had a fairly decent game) had already booked a few others for it, so could he not tell what was coming if he did try to waste time?

But still the result was decent, but it’s not like we were playing the world champions and if we are to ever win anything then we’ve gotta be playing better than this

I totally agree with you about Phillips. I don't know what people see in him. There was one match in the World Cup where he played the game of his life and he's been living on that ever since. He could at best be described as mediocre. For long spells of the game you don't even realize he's on the pitch and he really shouldn't be there.

Login to get fewer ads

COME ON ENGLAND on 07:13 - Mar 24 with 1543 viewssaintwizzler

COME ON ENGLAND on 22:33 - Mar 23 by SFC_Referee

Great result away in Italy and you’re moaning.
Get a grip FFS!

COME ON ENGLAND on 07:54 - Mar 24 with 1509 viewsPatfromPoole

I like Phillips.

He was voted our best player in the Euros.

He was daft to go to Man. City, hopefully he’ll get a move which will get him more games so he can show how good he is.

Wiz is right. A fantastic result and fully-deserved. No luck about it.

Props to Southgate.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:23 - Mar 24 with 1489 viewsSFC_Referee

COME ON ENGLAND on 07:13 - Mar 24 by saintwizzler

Great result away in Italy and you’re moaning.
Get a grip FFS!

Well sorry but I do want England to succeed and that squad that played that game ain’t gonna be winning anything ffs, as you be a happy clapper if you want, but at the end of the day we should’ve put that game to bed before halftime.
And yeah beating Italy’s all well and good, but they’re not the same force they used to be hence why they couldn’t even make the World Cup.

As the only thing that anyones gotta get a grip is Southgate on how he can’t be picking players purely on who they play for or how they’ve been in the past, otherwise you might as well be chucking Shearer, Beckham and Rooney in there

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:41 - Mar 24 with 1477 viewssaintwizzler

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:23 - Mar 24 by SFC_Referee

Well sorry but I do want England to succeed and that squad that played that game ain’t gonna be winning anything ffs, as you be a happy clapper if you want, but at the end of the day we should’ve put that game to bed before halftime.
And yeah beating Italy’s all well and good, but they’re not the same force they used to be hence why they couldn’t even make the World Cup.

As the only thing that anyones gotta get a grip is Southgate on how he can’t be picking players purely on who they play for or how they’ve been in the past, otherwise you might as well be chucking Shearer, Beckham and Rooney in there

I’m a happy clapper today, yes, after a fantastic result last night.

The inclusion of Phillips is justified as we won so I cannot see what the fuss is all about?

Please explain as I’m struggling with it somewhat.
Are you upset that JWP wasn’t picked?

Why would Southgate pick Shearer, Beckham and Rooney?
They are retired and are late 30’s to early 50’s?
Strange point there Ref!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 8:46]

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:53 - Mar 24 with 1463 viewsSFC_Referee

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:41 - Mar 24 by saintwizzler

The inclusion of Phillips is justified as we won so I cannot see what the fuss is all about?

Strange point there Ref!

No it’s got nothing to do with Prowse, but rather why isn’t the likes of Maddison, Henderson or even Gallagher playing as they’re all better than him and playing more than him. As yeah we did win but we basically did it with 9 men for how poor and just invisible he was, and that’s where things need to change.
As the fact that Southgate’s playing him suggests that he’s gonna be part of his plans for the upcoming games and major tournaments like the Euros next season, and that’s where things need to change as we won’t be able to beat the likes of France with the likes of him and Maguire playing.

Btw that’s kinda the whole point of why I named those players, as they’re all retired and well too old and unfit to play, but with Southgate’s logic of who he’s been picking that doesn’t seem to matter as he seems to only take into account how they’ve been for England in the past and who they play for (with those 3 legends all playing for top teams and being great for England)

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:55 - Mar 24 with 1462 viewssolent_toffee

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:41 - Mar 24 by saintwizzler

Strange point there Ref!

To give Southgate his due, and let’s be honest he’s done bloody well so far, he always picks the players he wants and isn’t influenced by the media on who he should pick. Hence he kept playing Pickford when everyone in the media were saying he should be dropped. Same with Maguire, same with Walker over the bestest right back in the world, Trent Arnold Darby or whatever is.
COME ON ENGLAND on 09:21 - Mar 24 with 1449 viewssaintwizzler

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:55 - Mar 24 by solent_toffee

To give Southgate his due, and let’s be honest he’s done bloody well so far, he always picks the players he wants and isn’t influenced by the media on who he should pick. Hence he kept playing Pickford when everyone in the media were saying he should be dropped. Same with Maguire, same with Walker over the bestest right back in the world, Trent Arnold Darby or whatever is.

Some sense at last.
Thank you.

COME ON ENGLAND on 09:28 - Mar 24 with 1445 viewsSaintNick

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:55 - Mar 24 by solent_toffee

Pickford is a decent keeper, but he has benefitted by having few real contenders to take his place for England, gone are the days when England had 3 or 4 of the best keepers in the World.

Too many players in the England team who are not first choice for their teams, Harry McGuire, John Stones, Phil Foden Jack Grealish, Kalvin Phillips, Kyle Walker, Connor Gallagher, Reece James, thats over half of the 14 players used who have started under half of their clubs games this season.

Perhaps thats why we dropped down in the second half, too many players not used to doing 90 minutes in the side

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:10 - Mar 24 with 1414 viewsPatfromPoole

COME ON ENGLAND on 08:53 - Mar 24 by SFC_Referee

No it’s got nothing to do with Prowse, but rather why isn’t the likes of Maddison, Henderson or even Gallagher playing as they’re all better than him and playing more than him. As yeah we did win but we basically did it with 9 men for how poor and just invisible he was, and that’s where things need to change.
As the fact that Southgate’s playing him suggests that he’s gonna be part of his plans for the upcoming games and major tournaments like the Euros next season, and that’s where things need to change as we won’t be able to beat the likes of France with the likes of him and Maguire playing.

Btw that’s kinda the whole point of why I named those players, as they’re all retired and well too old and unfit to play, but with Southgate’s logic of who he’s been picking that doesn’t seem to matter as he seems to only take into account how they’ve been for England in the past and who they play for (with those 3 legends all playing for top teams and being great for England)

Henderson had an injury last night, I think.

Gallagher didn’t help his chances with his performance in the 0-4 against Hungary at Wolverhampton.

Maddison is a class act, but does he fit the system we play or would he be a luxury we couldn’t accommodate? Jury out for me.

Probably needs to get used to playing alongside better players on a more regular basis.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 10:13]

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:10 - Mar 24 with 1412 viewsSFC_Referee

COME ON ENGLAND on 09:28 - Mar 24 by SaintNick

Pickford is a decent keeper, but he has benefitted by having few real contenders to take his place for England, gone are the days when England had 3 or 4 of the best keepers in the World.

Too many players in the England team who are not first choice for their teams, Harry McGuire, John Stones, Phil Foden Jack Grealish, Kalvin Phillips, Kyle Walker, Connor Gallagher, Reece James, thats over half of the 14 players used who have started under half of their clubs games this season.

Perhaps thats why we dropped down in the second half, too many players not used to doing 90 minutes in the side

Exactly, whilst there have been many players left out that have been playing better than some of those that you named, and are actually playing regularly for their clubs like White, Prowse, KWP, Tomori, March, Abrahams, Dunk or even the likes of Reed, who are all playing regularly for their teams so can last the 90 minutes in games, and many of which are better than a fair few selected for this squad like Phillips, Maguire, Mount and even Gallagher who all, like you said, aren’t playing regularly for their teams, and even then haven’t even been that good anyway, whilst at least the likes of Stones, Walker, James etc… are actually decent for both their club and county when they’re playing.

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:14 - Mar 24 with 1409 viewsPatfromPoole

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:10 - Mar 24 by SFC_Referee

Exactly, whilst there have been many players left out that have been playing better than some of those that you named, and are actually playing regularly for their clubs like White, Prowse, KWP, Tomori, March, Abrahams, Dunk or even the likes of Reed, who are all playing regularly for their teams so can last the 90 minutes in games, and many of which are better than a fair few selected for this squad like Phillips, Maguire, Mount and even Gallagher who all, like you said, aren’t playing regularly for their teams, and even then haven’t even been that good anyway, whilst at least the likes of Stones, Walker, James etc… are actually decent for both their club and county when they’re playing.

You’re going to be giving Mr. Messysaints palpitations by mentioning Reed, sir……

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:34 - Mar 24 with 1396 viewssaints__fan__73

Another woeful display by Southgate.

Any decent manager would have beaten Brazil and France all on the pitch at the same time last night.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:40 - Mar 24 with 1393 viewssaintwizzler

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:10 - Mar 24 by SFC_Referee

Bloody hell Ref! (Yellow card bad language!)
What would you have been like if we lost!?

Djenepo doesn’t play regularly for Southampton does that mean the trickster shouldn’t play for Mali tonight?

Southgate got the team selection spot on last night.
We won.

COME ON ENGLAND on 12:54 - Mar 24 with 1319 viewsBazza

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:40 - Mar 24 by saintwizzler

Djenepo doesn’t play regularly for Southampton does that mean the trickster shouldn’t play for Mali tonight?

We won.

Wizz can I borrow your glasses (or were they sunglasses?). What I watched was disappointing apart from the result. Italy were not impressive yet Phillips, and Maguire kept passing to blue shirts.
How can you justify Southgate picking players not their club first choices? There is a lot of talent available but England's dull performances are being hampered by poor team selection.
COME ON ENGLAND on 13:54 - Mar 24 with 1279 viewsPatfromPoole

COME ON ENGLAND on 12:54 - Mar 24 by Bazza

Wizz can I borrow your glasses (or were they sunglasses?). What I watched was disappointing apart from the result. Italy were not impressive yet Phillips, and Maguire kept passing to blue shirts.
How can you justify Southgate picking players not their club first choices? There is a lot of talent available but England's dull performances are being hampered by poor team selection.

Did you miss the first-half??!!??

We were magnificent in the first-half. Played superb football and were in a different class to Italy.

COME ON ENGLAND on 14:06 - Mar 24 with 1273 viewsSFC_Referee

COME ON ENGLAND on 10:40 - Mar 24 by saintwizzler

We won.

Ok but Mali don’t have hundreds of players to pick from in the top leagues across the world, with probably like 100 in the prem alone, whilst England does. As off the top of my head can’t think of many Mali players off of the top of my head, whilst England and most other top nations I can name loads from.
As their manager has no choice whilst Southgate does, and that there is the issue he’s got and what he’s gotta change if we are ever to contend and win stuff

COME ON ENGLAND on 15:04 - Mar 24 with 1252 viewssaintwizzler

COME ON ENGLAND on 12:54 - Mar 24 by Bazza

All I care about is the result.
The only stat that matters is the full time score.
I’d take a 1-0 own goal win every week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024