Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley promoted tonight... 22:46 - Apr 7 with 1408 views1885_SFC

good work out wide from Tella and the assist for Burnley's winner.

Well done Burnley. What a great season from Nathan Tella who will surely want to stay there? I wonder if Saints will insist on his return or leave him be?

Looks like we'll be passing them on the way down & try to replicate their season next year.

Old School is Cool

Burnley promoted tonight... on 22:53 - Apr 7 with 1392 viewsSouthamptonfan

They will buy him for about ten million or so I would guess. They will have the money now. They will want to reward him for his goals, he will want to play in the PL. Nonetheless, it's ten million or so extra for us for a player from our academy, so we will make money on him. Sport Republic will be delighted.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 22:53]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Burnley promoted tonight... on 23:18 - Apr 7 with 1357 viewsA1079

Well, accepting our fate this season, Burnley have shown that make the right appointments, the right decisions etc and relegation to the Championship can be an opportunity to refresh without too much lasting damage. The question is whether SR have it in them to do that - the evidence so far is that their decision making and judgement is all over place.
Burnley promoted tonight... on 23:32 - Apr 7 with 1346 viewsdirk_doone

That's their fourth Championship/2nd tier title. They've also won the old First Division/top flight title twice, all with a much smaller fanbase than ours.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Burnley promoted tonight... on 06:19 - Apr 8 with 1295 viewskernow

Congratulations to them, outstanding.
Burnley promoted tonight... on 08:53 - Apr 8 with 1195 viewscocklebreath

Burnley promoted tonight... on 22:53 - Apr 7 by Southamptonfan

They will buy him for about ten million or so I would guess. They will have the money now. They will want to reward him for his goals, he will want to play in the PL. Nonetheless, it's ten million or so extra for us for a player from our academy, so we will make money on him. Sport Republic will be delighted.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 22:53]

Nathan Tella looked so happy, imagine the phone call this morning from saints saying well done, we look forward to you helping saints to get promoted next season.
He’s our player and there is no way we will be accepting £10 million when the likes of Adam Armstrong cost more, we’ll hold out for double that or he stays with us, obviously we’ll probably have a negative manager and we’ll coach the flair and exuberance out of him.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Burnley promoted tonight... on 09:05 - Apr 8 with 1187 views1teeminants

My partner has a Burnley season ticket holder as a good mate of hers. She can down to st Mary’s and stayed over when they were prem and we were looking forward to the return game and a long weekend in Burnley ( yep believe it or not ) but the game was changed to midweek and we couldn’t make it . Then they got relegated so it never happened and Now we’re going to miss it again when we most likely go down ffs .

Fair play to Tella .I’ve always liked him and can see he had something with us but he was injured a lot and there is such a massive gap between the prem and championship as we all know.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Burnley promoted tonight... on 10:15 - Apr 8 with 1148 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley promoted tonight... on 08:53 - Apr 8 by cocklebreath

Nathan Tella looked so happy, imagine the phone call this morning from saints saying well done, we look forward to you helping saints to get promoted next season.
He’s our player and there is no way we will be accepting £10 million when the likes of Adam Armstrong cost more, we’ll hold out for double that or he stays with us, obviously we’ll probably have a negative manager and we’ll coach the flair and exuberance out of him.

As a Premier League club Burnley will be able to afford at least £15 mill for Tella, and as a Championship club, we'll be happy to accept it.

We'll march on with Adam Armstrong as I don't think anyone else will want him. That's often been the way in recent years: we've sold the players that rival clubs wanted and been left with a team made of the players left behind that nobody else wants. That's the problem with having a policy of buying unproven youngsters with the intention of selling them for a profit. Those you can't because they're not good enough, you're either stuck with or have to loan out, leaving you with a weak team and still in debt.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 10:27]

Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:08 - Apr 8 with 1103 viewsBerber

Burnley promoted tonight... on 10:15 - Apr 8 by dirk_doone

As a Premier League club Burnley will be able to afford at least £15 mill for Tella, and as a Championship club, we'll be happy to accept it.

We'll march on with Adam Armstrong as I don't think anyone else will want him. That's often been the way in recent years: we've sold the players that rival clubs wanted and been left with a team made of the players left behind that nobody else wants. That's the problem with having a policy of buying unproven youngsters with the intention of selling them for a profit. Those you can't because they're not good enough, you're either stuck with or have to loan out, leaving you with a weak team and still in debt.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 10:27]

Tella was loaned out because he wasn’t good enough in the PL. We could no doubt use him next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:34 - Apr 8 with 1087 viewsTimSaint

Well done to them. They have been exceptional this season with their long unbeaten runs.

Tella has been a key player for them, playing out wide and through the middle, scoring from either position, so I'm sure they will want to sign him permanently. 19 goals and 4 assists so far, would suggest his value is around £15-20m.

I don't think many would have predicted his success before the season started,, so I hope we had the foresight to add clauses into his loan agreement that include extra payments (£1m?) if Burnley get promoted and Tella scores 10/15/20 goals.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 11:43]

TimSaint

Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 1087 viewssledger

The way tella and the pundits were talking last night hes already their player
Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:46 - Apr 8 with 1071 viewsTimSaint

Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:39 - Apr 8 by sledger

Was it a loan with an option to buy ?

......if yes, then I fear a fee will have already been agreed.

Guess it may also depend on whether he wants to move up north on a more permanent basis.

TimSaint

Burnley promoted tonight... on 13:41 - Apr 8 with 1007 viewsdirk_doone

Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:39 - Apr 8 by sledger

"This team!"

Burnley promoted tonight... on 14:47 - Apr 8 with 936 viewsJellybaby

Burnley promoted tonight... on 11:46 - Apr 8 by TimSaint

Was it a loan with an option to buy ?

......if yes, then I fear a fee will have already been agreed.

Guess it may also depend on whether he wants to move up north on a more permanent basis.

Can't really imagine anyone choosing to live in East Lancashire over the South Of England and his mentor Theo is down here, surely he will be back at St Marys to spearhead our charge straight back up???

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024