Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our manager speaks 21:52 - Apr 6 with 1566 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Our manager speaks on 22:07 - Apr 6 with 1515 viewsPatfromPoole

The more he talks, the more he sounds like Nathan Fcuking Jones.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Our manager speaks on 22:22 - Apr 6 with 1499 viewskingolaf

That is embarrassing. David Brent like talk from the charlatan.
Our manager speaks on 22:45 - Apr 6 with 1472 viewscocklebreath

WALOB take a leaf out of wee Gordon’s book and be brave (although he was not brave in the cup final)

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Our manager speaks on 23:18 - Apr 6 with 1453 views1885_SFC

Just shut up Selles. It's embarrassing & complete mumbo jumbo.

Old School is Cool

Our manager speaks on 09:52 - Apr 7 with 1292 viewsRon11

Our manager speaks on 23:18 - Apr 6 by 1885_SFC

Just shut up Selles. It's embarrassing & complete mumbo jumbo.

A bit similar to the shite Hassenhutl quite often came out with.
When this fiasco is analysed for the last time, the main reason for this complete disaster is not getting rid of him and Selles in the summer.
A fresh start with a Premiership experienced manager would have made all the difference.
Even now they're STILL playing to defend, sideways and back.
Jones tried to change it, and occasionally they responded, but like Selles, he couldn't keep his mouth shut.
Our manager speaks on 14:30 - Apr 7 with 1187 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our manager speaks on 09:52 - Apr 7 by Ron11

A bit similar to the shite Hassenhutl quite often came out with.
When this fiasco is analysed for the last time, the main reason for this complete disaster is not getting rid of him and Selles in the summer.
A fresh start with a Premiership experienced manager would have made all the difference.
Even now they're STILL playing to defend, sideways and back.
Jones tried to change it, and occasionally they responded, but like Selles, he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I'm sure there was someone on here who used to say that super Selles was telling Ralph what to do, when we used to win games under Ralph, and telling Ralph what substitutions to make. I just can't remember who it was 🤔. So Selles wasn't the saviour after all. I like him personally, but nobody is a miracle worker.

Can we not just blame the players for not being good enough (or the board who recruited them)? Bad recruitment of players who have never played PL football in their lives? Lots of managers have had a go, since we sold all the top players (Hughes, Pellegrino, Ralph, Jones, Selles). They all desperately scramble for an answer that's almost impossible with such poor players. Before that we had world class players, who we sold to the worlds best clubs. It's not rocket science in my opinion. If you have great players that can defend and can score, you win games.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 14:34]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Our manager speaks on 14:34 - Apr 7 with 1180 viewsfelly1

Our manager speaks on 14:30 - Apr 7 by Southamptonfan

I'm sure there was someone on here who used to say that super Selles was telling Ralph what to do, when we used to win games under Ralph, and telling Ralph what substitutions to make. I just can't remember who it was 🤔. So Selles wasn't the saviour after all. I like him personally, but nobody is a miracle worker.

Can we not just blame the players for not being good enough (or the board who recruited them)? Bad recruitment of players who have never played PL football in their lives? Lots of managers have had a go, since we sold all the top players (Hughes, Pellegrino, Ralph, Jones, Selles). They all desperately scramble for an answer that's almost impossible with such poor players. Before that we had world class players, who we sold to the worlds best clubs. It's not rocket science in my opinion. If you have great players that can defend and can score, you win games.

Exactly this.
Our manager speaks on 14:42 - Apr 7 with 1171 viewscocklebreath

If he won’t play the best players then I’ll continue to blame Selles, no excuse for playing Ely in front of £60 million pound of new signings

Login to get fewer ads

Our manager speaks on 14:44 - Apr 7 with 1174 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our manager speaks on 14:34 - Apr 7 by felly1

Exactly this.

In my opinion and Ward-Prowse alluded to it, the numerous changes we made to the coaches and manager, has confused the players and has made things worse. I bet Ralph would have got more points, with a squad he knew well and with more time. Lots of change in a short space of time, rarely works when the problem isn't the manager - ask Watford. Things are much worse than they probably would have been, had Ralph stayed. Selles the savior isn't the saviour after all.

Our manager speaks on 14:55 - Apr 7 with 1164 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our manager speaks on 14:42 - Apr 7 by cocklebreath

If he won’t play the best players then I’ll continue to blame Selles, no excuse for playing Ely in front of £60 million pound of new signings

Check out the team that lost miserably to Grimsby - Alcaraz and Orsic played, Ely didn't. Those players didn't take their chance. They didn't score or create anything. We still lost. Ely does a lot of work unnoticed and we can't blame him for that defeat, he didn't play. The problem is, we don't have a really top striker and we don't have a really top defender or two. The players we have, just arnt good enough. I do agree we should play the two front players we got in January, tall Paul and the other one, but they don't have a single goal between them, from starting games or coming off the bench. We will be saying the same things over and again, with whoever is manager, until we buy some really quality.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 14:59]

Our manager speaks on 16:22 - Apr 7 with 1118 viewsRon11

It was a risk bringing in Danny Ings because of his injury record, but it paid off in goals.
But even he got the hump when the ball appeared at his feet less and less, down to an ever increasing defensive style of play.
We have some good players, but do they ever get to start? When does the constant changing stop, so the best players can gel as a unit?
It hasn't happened yet, just more of the same nonsense, now from Selles. I thought he would make a difference, but it's just as bad, with no changes.
Now look at Everton, showing some fight and determination - Sean Dyche.
TOur manager speaks on 16:51 - Apr 7 with 1110 viewsSouthamptonfan

Our manager speaks on 16:22 - Apr 7 by Ron11

It was a risk bringing in Danny Ings because of his injury record, but it paid off in goals.
But even he got the hump when the ball appeared at his feet less and less, down to an ever increasing defensive style of play.
We have some good players, but do they ever get to start? When does the constant changing stop, so the best players can gel as a unit?
It hasn't happened yet, just more of the same nonsense, now from Selles. I thought he would make a difference, but it's just as bad, with no changes.
Now look at Everton, showing some fight and determination - Sean Dyche.

Dyche I like a lot. But he was sacked at Burnley last year. And why was that? Because the players he had weren't good enough. It had to be the players didn't it, if Dyche is a good manager? Why couldn't he get poor players scoring at Burnley, leading to his sacking? It's because nobody is a miracle worker. Poor players can't be miraculously turned into great ones. If they could, we could just buy the accrington players for 500 grand in total and make them all great. You can't. Top players cost money, and we turn the other way, trying to do it on the cheap. Things won't ever change, regardless of who is manager until we change the thinking at the very top.

Have VD at the back, Tadic in the middle, Mane on the wing and Ings up front. If Burnley had those players last season or us this year, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. Why complicate it? It's about having good players on the pitch, simple as that. Don't tell me we have anyone as good as VD, Mane, Ings, Pelle, Hojberg, Kane, Haaland etc. If they were that good, they would have been sold to Newcastle, Liverpool or Man City, not us, unproven, on the cheap.

The conversations over the last 6 years:

Get rid of Puel and we will see vastly better football.
Get rid of Hughes and everything will be better.
Get rid of Pellegrino and all will be better.
Get rid of Ralph and all will come good.
Selles has been telling Ralph what to do, that's why we beat Chelsea.
Get rid of Jones, things will improve when he's gone (then our players lose to Grimsby). Do you not blame the players at all? Can't beat a league two side because the manager didn't motivate the poor grown men on a 100 grand a week?

We will be having the same conversations for the next 10 years because we don't properly invest in the team and compete. It won't change. Managers arn't miracle workers!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 17:02]

Our manager speaks on 19:15 - Apr 7 with 1021 viewsBerber

We have not had a PL standard striker for several years, that is the biggest quality gap. Followed by too few midfield players aware of when and how to play a ball to them. Latvia tries, but his timing and accuracy are not refined enough yet. The FBs and Sulemana have the wit and craft, but that is not enough to create the chances that our strikers need to put it in the onion bag. Most of our midfield is dross.
Our manager speaks on 19:39 - Apr 7 with 1007 viewsMonksway

We need Tall Paul up front with Paine and Sydenham on the wings... If not try him and Che up front with JWP ASulimana on the wings. Alcarez and Lavia in midfield. Might as well. Something has to change or we are down with a whimper.
Our manager speaks on 19:44 - Apr 7 with 1000 viewssaintwizzler

Our manager speaks on 19:15 - Apr 7 by Berber

We have not had a PL standard striker for several years, that is the biggest quality gap. Followed by too few midfield players aware of when and how to play a ball to them. Latvia tries, but his timing and accuracy are not refined enough yet. The FBs and Sulemana have the wit and craft, but that is not enough to create the chances that our strikers need to put it in the onion bag. Most of our midfield is dross.

Ings

Our manager speaks on 19:53 - Apr 7 with 995 viewskernow

Yes, attacking football is what l remember and loved.
We often got outscored but more often not.
Watching Saints play nowadays is painful, hard to watch, ponderous, predictable, no attacking threat, easy to play against, easy to beat.
Whatever happened to the one touch, pass and move style witnessed during the tenures of Bates, McMenemy, Hoddle, Strachan and Adkins.
All I'm seeing is less than honest endeavour, no hunger.
TOur manager speaks on 20:37 - Apr 7 with 959 viewsIfonly

TOur manager speaks on 16:51 - Apr 7 by Southamptonfan

Dyche I like a lot. But he was sacked at Burnley last year. And why was that? Because the players he had weren't good enough. It had to be the players didn't it, if Dyche is a good manager? Why couldn't he get poor players scoring at Burnley, leading to his sacking? It's because nobody is a miracle worker. Poor players can't be miraculously turned into great ones. If they could, we could just buy the accrington players for 500 grand in total and make them all great. You can't. Top players cost money, and we turn the other way, trying to do it on the cheap. Things won't ever change, regardless of who is manager until we change the thinking at the very top.

Have VD at the back, Tadic in the middle, Mane on the wing and Ings up front. If Burnley had those players last season or us this year, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. Why complicate it? It's about having good players on the pitch, simple as that. Don't tell me we have anyone as good as VD, Mane, Ings, Pelle, Hojberg, Kane, Haaland etc. If they were that good, they would have been sold to Newcastle, Liverpool or Man City, not us, unproven, on the cheap.

The conversations over the last 6 years:

Get rid of Puel and we will see vastly better football.
Get rid of Hughes and everything will be better.
Get rid of Pellegrino and all will be better.
Get rid of Ralph and all will come good.
Selles has been telling Ralph what to do, that's why we beat Chelsea.
Get rid of Jones, things will improve when he's gone (then our players lose to Grimsby). Do you not blame the players at all? Can't beat a league two side because the manager didn't motivate the poor grown men on a 100 grand a week?

We will be having the same conversations for the next 10 years because we don't properly invest in the team and compete. It won't change. Managers arn't miracle workers!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 17:02]

It's not just about the players, just as it's not just about the manager. Both count. A good manager can make gold dust from average players e.g. Brian Clough. A bad manager can make good players look poor. Often what poor managers do is to force their style of play on players that are not suited. I'm not saying that Selles is out and out poor but I don't think his style suits tall Paul or Orsic for example. I think a better manager would adapt his style to the tools he has available.

Dyche has been lucky in that he needs physical players to play his style and Everton were a big physical team before he arrived. If he had tried the same at Saints it would probably have been a disaster. But then maybe Dyche is smart enough to know this, which is why he took the Everton job and would maybe have turned down Saints.
Our manager speaks on 08:35 - Apr 8 with 797 viewsMattFinish

Just used Google translate Spanish and it came back with “utter b0ll0cks”
Our manager speaks on 09:19 - Apr 8 with 771 viewsDorsetIan

Our manager speaks on 14:44 - Apr 7 by Southamptonfan

In my opinion and Ward-Prowse alluded to it, the numerous changes we made to the coaches and manager, has confused the players and has made things worse. I bet Ralph would have got more points, with a squad he knew well and with more time. Lots of change in a short space of time, rarely works when the problem isn't the manager - ask Watford. Things are much worse than they probably would have been, had Ralph stayed. Selles the savior isn't the saviour after all.

When one of the replacements was ‚7 defeats out of 8‘ Jones, it‘s pretty clear that we’d have had more points if Ralph had stayed.

We should have sacked Ralph earlier and not appointed a clown as his replacement. Then we’d have even more points.

And it’s pretty amazing that we are still not that far from safety.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Our manager speaks on 16:05 - Apr 8 with 654 viewssaintwizzler

And there’s more…

Our manager speaks on 16:42 - Apr 8 with 621 viewscocklebreath

Ely starts✊🙄😵‍💫👌🏼

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024