Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club needs to regain its Identity. 10:12 - Apr 29 with 1613 viewsgrumpy

Change those shirts back to Red and White.
Give our fans a home end(The Northam) and move the away fans.
Start bringing through our Young Prospects like we used to.
Communicate with a fans representative group.
Give us a Captain who drives the team forward,no disrespect to JWP but hes no captain.
Put a centre forward on the pitch who's going to score goals if you give him the ball.
A goalkeeper who will stop goals and organize the defence
We are going down to the Championship where its tough and we need hard players, that's how Lawrie got us promotion.
Our fans are as good as any other gives us something to cheer.
Lastly Saints at the Dell felt like a family we need to regain that identity again.

[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 10:15]
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 10:27 - Apr 29 with 1569 viewsSouthamptonfan

That's what you call a proper identity.

I would add, make tickets affordable for all - £25 for adults, £1 for kids in most sections of the ground. Let's get the proper local fans back in. Reward season ticket holders with a much cheaper ST next season. Discounted away travel etc etc. Make the fans feel valued and give them something to cheer on the pitch with players who care.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 10:28]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 10:52 - Apr 29 with 1537 views1ASIN12

Nick had a good point about making the chapel end our home end .

If we / the club are to do something radical then now would be the best time to do it.

Let’s face it the crowds will be down to around 22,000 odd and lots of fans will no longer attend. And The chapel is very rarely full ( even in a so called sell out) .

Close the corners again like last time to help cut costs . Move the family area to the home section of the Northam.

Make the chapel safe standing and actively encourage the atmosphere in that end .
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 11:51 - Apr 29 with 1495 viewsgrumpy

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 10:52 - Apr 29 by 1ASIN12

If we / the club are to do something radical then now would be the best time to do it.

Let’s face it the crowds will be down to around 22,000 odd and lots of fans will no longer attend. And The chapel is very rarely full ( even in a so called sell out) .

Close the corners again like last time to help cut costs . Move the family area to the home section of the Northam.

Make the chapel safe standing and actively encourage the atmosphere in that end .

Agree.
Just hope the club does,if it doesn't do something along these lines,St. Marys will slowly die.
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 12:03 - Apr 29 with 1483 viewsA1079

Good points by everyone so far. The club needs a complete refresh but we need owners etc that get it. I think Nigel Adkins could have a role here, not as the manager but he clearly understands and has an affinity with the club.
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 12:36 - Apr 29 with 1442 viewscocklebreath

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 10:52 - Apr 29 by 1ASIN12

Good idea, unfortunately the club don’t seem to get it. I hoped when Dragon came along he’d be a passionate football fan who would help to make st Mary’s more intimidating , it’s been the opposite.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 14:30 - Apr 29 with 1381 viewssaints__fan__73

Our shirts are already red and white.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 14:36 - Apr 29 with 1371 viewsTripleNiemi

We need a new slogan, that will sort the club and results out…..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 14:50 - Apr 29 with 1361 viewsUTS1885

The Police will not allow any movement of away fans and neither will the Council safety committee, that gives the club a licence. All you would get is movement of the same home fans wanting to be next to the away fans. There wouldnt be any change in atmosphere if the football is as bad as recent seasons !

I dont mind a reddish shirt evey now and again, but totally against one sided stripes when other clubs have front and back.

We certainly need a spine of the team with a centre back leader and a midfielg general doing the same. Prowse isnt captain material on the pitch.

Not sure there is any rep fan groups thee days.
Login to get fewer ads

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 19:29 - Apr 29 with 1260 viewsWestEndBoy

The council safety committee can swivel . A tree fell on my house last month and the c#nts wouldn’t pay for it
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 21:11 - Apr 29 with 1189 viewsgrumpy

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 14:50 - Apr 29 by UTS1885

The Police will not allow any movement of away fans and neither will the Council safety committee, that gives the club a licence. All you would get is movement of the same home fans wanting to be next to the away fans. There wouldnt be any change in atmosphere if the football is as bad as recent seasons !

I dont mind a reddish shirt evey now and again, but totally against one sided stripes when other clubs have front and back.

We certainly need a spine of the team with a centre back leader and a midfielg general doing the same. Prowse isnt captain material on the pitch.

Not sure there is any rep fan groups thee days.

I can never understand the
'All you would get is movement of the same home fans wanting to be next to the away fans'
argument .Its not as if you can walk about the ground like in the old days.
I'm just as happy to make the Chapel End a Home End as I am the Northam.
Something has to be done,because in the Championship there will be some big away followings subsequently they will be given half the Northam End again.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 21:12]
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 21:47 - Apr 29 with 1154 viewsWestEndBoy

You have to remember this football club is being run like a theme park or day at the theatre .everything is done to make all customers day as pleasant and enjoyable as possible .including away fans .I’m sure they get sent a survey after games too.Bournemouth were given multiple pubs in the city centre Thursday night . Coming to Southampton away really is a great away day for other sides with the added bonus of having a high chance of going home with 3 points
The club needs to regain its Identity. on 22:29 - Apr 29 with 1115 viewsSouthamptonfan

The club needs to regain its Identity. on 21:47 - Apr 29 by WestEndBoy

You have to remember this football club is being run like a theme park or day at the theatre .everything is done to make all customers day as pleasant and enjoyable as possible .including away fans .I’m sure they get sent a survey after games too.Bournemouth were given multiple pubs in the city centre Thursday night . Coming to Southampton away really is a great away day for other sides with the added bonus of having a high chance of going home with 3 points

Back in the day they would say - make the ground as intimidating and uncomfortable for the away team and away fans as possible.

Can't say that nowadays I would imagine.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024