Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season 08:35 - May 17 with 1596 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60238/saints-forward-com

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 08:41 - May 17 with 1567 viewsPatfromPoole

Respectfully, this is nonsense.

He scored 28 goals at Blackburn when he was their main striker, and whenever he got the ball he would shoot. A lot of his goals came from outside the box.

He soon had this coached out of him by Hassenhutl, and is now a shadow of that player from a few years ago.

They don’t just simply re-gain the prowess they had a few years ago.

Adam Armstrong won’t score more than 10 goals for us next season.

And before you start on Mara, he won’t get more than 3 or 4 either. He will have his kit washed more often than he finds the net, and that won’t be frequent either.

We need to start again with the whole nucleus of the side; this could take a few years.

I would rather give Ballard a proper go.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:03 - May 17 with 1514 viewsdirk_doone

Oh no!

First Adam Armstrong. Who next? Alex McCarthy?

[Post edited 17 May 2023 9:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:04 - May 17 with 1513 viewsRon11

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 08:41 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

Respectfully, this is nonsense.

He scored 28 goals at Blackburn when he was their main striker, and whenever he got the ball he would shoot. A lot of his goals came from outside the box.

He soon had this coached out of him by Hassenhutl, and is now a shadow of that player from a few years ago.

They don’t just simply re-gain the prowess they had a few years ago.

Adam Armstrong won’t score more than 10 goals for us next season.

And before you start on Mara, he won’t get more than 3 or 4 either. He will have his kit washed more often than he finds the net, and that won’t be frequent either.

We need to start again with the whole nucleus of the side; this could take a few years.

I would rather give Ballard a proper go.

Well then it's time Hassenhutl's bullshit was taken off the agenda. Adam Armstrong ran tirelessly but hardly ever saw the ball, totally the opposite to his time at Blackburn. Both him and Che Adams have confidence shot through due to waiting and watching the midfield passing the ball sideways and back instead of forward.
Like most of the recent 'acquisitions' the likes of Mara will find the money drop and lowered status of the Championship far too much of a humiliation.
And yes, give Ballard a go.
Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:08 - May 17 with 1492 viewsPatfromPoole

FWIW I like Adam Armstrong as a player; he is whole-hearted and doesn’t seem to have an ego problem.

I just think that when footballers are hot, they’re hot, and you have to make the most of them when they are at the peak of their powers.

Once their confidence is coached out of them, it’s unrealistic to expect that a drop in division will suddenly get them back to scoring over 20 goals a season.

We have probably done the same to Onuachu as well.

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:17 - May 17 with 1478 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:03 - May 17 by dirk_doone

Oh no!

First Adam Armstrong. Who next? Alex McCarthy?

[Post edited 17 May 2023 9:05]

Ely-usless?

Willing so stay and commit to the club (as long as we pay him 50k per week for the next 3 years in return for 2 goals).

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:23 - May 17 with 1469 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:17 - May 17 by saints__fan__73

Ely-usless?

Willing so stay and commit to the club (as long as we pay him 50k per week for the next 3 years in return for 2 goals).

Elyounoussi rejected our contract offer a few weeks ago.

To my mind, being rejected by Mohammed Elyounoussi was a new low for Southampton Football Club.

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:25 - May 17 with 1465 viewsdirk_doone

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:23 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

To my mind, being rejected by Mohammed Elyounoussi was a new low for Southampton Football Club.

To be honest, Adam Armstrong and Alex McCarthy can do more damage to our survival hopes.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:27 - May 17 with 1459 viewsRon11

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:17 - May 17 by saints__fan__73

Ely-usless?

He can fu ck off back to Celtic
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:27 - May 17 with 1457 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:23 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

Source?

Even for the nutters running the club I can't beleive this is true. We have a bloated squad full of inept attacking options who never score, most of whom we will be totally unable to shift.

I cannot think we would offer a new deal to the only one of those we can see the back of as he is out of contract.

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:47 - May 17 with 1448 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:27 - May 17 by saints__fan__73

Source?

Even for the nutters running the club I can't beleive this is true. We have a bloated squad full of inept attacking options who never score, most of whom we will be totally unable to shift.

I cannot think we would offer a new deal to the only one of those we can see the back of as he is out of contract.

Dangerous to rely on Twitter, I know, but here goes…….

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 10:57 - May 17 with 1371 views1885_SFC

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:47 - May 17 by PatfromPoole

Dangerous to rely on Twitter, I know, but here goes…….

I'm outside his posh gaff now, engine running, willing to drive him wherever he wants to go... free of charge. Just say where Moi, you useless c@nt!

Old School is Cool

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 11:08 - May 17 with 1359 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 10:57 - May 17 by 1885_SFC

I'm outside his posh gaff now, engine running, willing to drive him wherever he wants to go... free of charge. Just say where Moi, you useless c@nt!

You don't need to. He's out of contract. He can just walk to his new job.

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 11:35 - May 17 with 1329 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:27 - May 17 by Ron11

He can fu ck off back to Celtic

Drive his taxi???

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 11:49 - May 17 with 1314 viewssaintwizzler

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 09:27 - May 17 by saints__fan__73

Source?

Djenepo was given a contract extension apparently on his performances at Left Back before The Austrian Messiah was sacked.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 12:19 - May 17 with 1267 viewsMytchettSaint

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 11:49 - May 17 by saintwizzler

Djenepo was given a contract extension apparently on his performances at Left Back before The Austrian Messiah was sacked.

That and the McCarthy contract extension decisions are two baffling cases for the prosecution against the Austrian messiah.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 17:22 - May 17 with 1084 viewskingolaf

Great news. I haven’t been this excited since the Keegan signing was announced.
Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 20:54 - May 17 with 950 viewssaintwizzler

Theo ‘Fifty Pence Boots’ Walcott will be signing a new deal soon.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 10:47 - May 18 with 787 viewssledger

Saints Forward Commits Himself To The Club Next Season on 20:54 - May 17 by saintwizzler

Theo ‘Fifty Pence Boots’ Walcott will be signing a new deal soon.

if we offer him a new contract then i will despair,he should be paying us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024