Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster 09:20 - Jun 13 with 1927 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60339/sport-republic-abo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 09:27 - Jun 13 with 1915 viewsWinchesterExile

“ whilst they remain our owners we have no other option but to trust them”. Sorry but I don’t go along with that. I don’t trust them and the reasons why are obvious with our relegation. Don’t trust them. Protest long and loud about them. Demand the the board be sacked. Apart from Semmens it’s the same board so why would we expect them to be any better this year? They’ve go so much wrong so why should we trust them to get anything right? This new acquisition is just a distraction.

SACK THE BOARD.
Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 10:09 - Jun 13 with 1870 viewssaintwizzler

You couldn’t make it up!
And people moaned about Gao.

What the hell is going on!!??

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 10:15 - Jun 13 with 1866 viewsSaintNick

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 09:27 - Jun 13 by WinchesterExile

“ whilst they remain our owners we have no other option but to trust them”. Sorry but I don’t go along with that. I don’t trust them and the reasons why are obvious with our relegation. Don’t trust them. Protest long and loud about them. Demand the the board be sacked. Apart from Semmens it’s the same board so why would we expect them to be any better this year? They’ve go so much wrong so why should we trust them to get anything right? This new acquisition is just a distraction.

SACK THE BOARD.

If you dont go along with it what exactly have you done in the way of protesting ?

You say the board hasn't changed, well Toby Steel is also leaving to the departure of both CEO and managing director is certainly change on the board.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 11:22 - Jun 13 with 1817 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 09:27 - Jun 13 by WinchesterExile

SACK THE BOARD.

But .. Is it the BOARD or the OWNERS ? You could maybe sack the board but unless there are others interested in purchasing a football team .. then to sack the owners is a bit more difficult. Which means unfortunately as fans there is not much that we can do about it. Over here (in Portugal) most of the clubs are run on a Presidential method. The members (who pay their monthly subs) get the vote to decide who should run their club for the following 5 years. The main thing of this is that to be considered and compete in the election .. the candidate MUST have been a member (sócio) with all moneys paid for a minumum of 5 years. Therefore the thought is that with someone who had paid money into the club for a minimum of 5 years they would obviously have the clubs best interests when making decisions. During the election campaign the candidates make their manifesto promises .. Big name players, Big name managers , Structural plans (as most clubs over here have multiple sports, womens team, academies etc - upgrades in equipments , stadiums etc)
Unfortunately with the way football is structured over there (turning more and more into a oligarch or petrol tycoon plaything) this situation would be impossible to implement ... therefore unfortunately the status quo will forever be the "Golden rule" - He who has the gold , makes the rules !
Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 12:00 - Jun 13 with 1798 viewsSaintNick

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 11:22 - Jun 13 by Springhill_old_boy

But .. Is it the BOARD or the OWNERS ? You could maybe sack the board but unless there are others interested in purchasing a football team .. then to sack the owners is a bit more difficult. Which means unfortunately as fans there is not much that we can do about it. Over here (in Portugal) most of the clubs are run on a Presidential method. The members (who pay their monthly subs) get the vote to decide who should run their club for the following 5 years. The main thing of this is that to be considered and compete in the election .. the candidate MUST have been a member (sócio) with all moneys paid for a minumum of 5 years. Therefore the thought is that with someone who had paid money into the club for a minimum of 5 years they would obviously have the clubs best interests when making decisions. During the election campaign the candidates make their manifesto promises .. Big name players, Big name managers , Structural plans (as most clubs over here have multiple sports, womens team, academies etc - upgrades in equipments , stadiums etc)
Unfortunately with the way football is structured over there (turning more and more into a oligarch or petrol tycoon plaything) this situation would be impossible to implement ... therefore unfortunately the status quo will forever be the "Golden rule" - He who has the gold , makes the rules !

I dont think our relegation is down to just one thing, it is down to a combination of things, the owners put their faith in the board and found that Semmens and Steel had done well holding the ship steady but couldnt move on to the next level.

The appointment and departure of Joe Shields as head of recruitment was a key part, but you cant blame the owners or board for that one

Now those who ran the board departing and Sport Republic have appointed new men in key positions, so we have no choice but to give them the chance to put things right.

For those that say we do have a choice we can protest, I see scant evidence of that to be fair, Ill take it seriously when those who want protest post pics of them outside St Mary's actually protesting

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 16:02 - Jun 13 with 1719 viewsWinchesterExile

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 10:15 - Jun 13 by SaintNick

If you dont go along with it what exactly have you done in the way of protesting ?

You say the board hasn't changed, well Toby Steel is also leaving to the departure of both CEO and managing director is certainly change on the board.

Living in Jersey makes protesting a bit difficult. If I lived in the area I would certainly be making my voice heard but there needs to be a concerted effort from a large number of people and Saints fans (customers these days) are generally a pretty passive lot. You get the club you deserve and apathetic Saints fans are getting the Championship club they deserve.

If things aren’t going well after 3 games next season I will personally lead a rabble to storm the board room.

SACK THE BOARD
Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 16:06 - Jun 13 with 1717 viewsWinchesterExile

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 11:22 - Jun 13 by Springhill_old_boy

Board or owners? It’s both because Ankerson and Kraft are both shareholders of Sport Republic and on the Board. You’re right we can’t do much about our ownership but given a loud enough voice we could force those 2 out of the board room in my view.
Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 16:53 - Jun 13 with 1690 viewsIfonly

The truth that needs to be remembered here is that football clubs are terrible investments. God knows how SR think they're going to make money. The old saying still applies: "if you want to be a millionaire, start out as a billionaire and then buy a football club". The only way to make money in this game is to do what Markus did: buy a club that's hit the rocks and build it back up again.

The problem is that you're competing against people that don't regard profit as a priority. Lots of clubs are just rich men's play things. They made their money somewhere else and now they're spending it (which was true of Markus too). Plus nowadays you have all the "sportswashing" money from the middle east where again, profit is not their priority. If you compete against people who don't care if they make a loss, then you're going to lose a lot of money. You might make money some years, if you get lucky on some player deals and the team exceeds expectations, but in the long run it's a poor investment.

The people making the real money are the players. Look at Mbappe today, oh by the way I'm leaving next year and that's that, cheerio. The players are the people who are really in charge. That's no way to run a business.

I would never invest in a football club so I'm glad that SR are prepared to do it. Hopefully they will have learned from the mistakes they've made so far.
Login to get fewer ads

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 17:11 - Jun 13 with 1681 viewsSFC_Referee

SACK THE BOARD.

Ok but we were going down last season irrelevant of who our owners were, as unless Qatar were gonna be taking over then we were always going down last season, as since Koeman left, ours squads just been getting worse and worse, selling off our best players and replacing them with much worse players. Which for me is exactly why I rated Ralph soo highly, and still do, as he managed to keep up a team that really should’ve gone down many seasons before.

But at least with SR they did invest and try to get us back on track, as yeah it was a risk and didn’t pay off, but at least they tried and did more than Gao did (irrelevant of whether he was allowed to or not). And with these owners we know they will again invest this coming season to try and get us back up into the prem, whilst many previous ones wouldn’t.

As yeah this isn’t PSG, Monaco, Lyon etc… but at least it’s still a team that we know will be feeding into us, where we still will be the centre for SR. And on top of that, all the teams involved can coincide to help develop one another’s young talent, which at the end of the day any of the really decent ones will end up with us. And that there’s no real negatives to, as for all we know with SR aid they might be able to get up into ligue 1 and then can be an even better club to help us if we can get back into the prem.

As we’ve all gotta remember that this is a long term project, and not just some overnight change like what happened at Chelsea, City, Newcastle etc… and the more teams they get hold of, the better it’ll be for us. And as they get better, so will we, as all you’ve gotta do is look how well those red bull teams turned out to see as to what could happen to us if we can continue and really master these strategy.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 17:58 - Jun 13 with 1651 viewssaintwizzler

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 17:11 - Jun 13 by SFC_Referee

Ok but we were going down last season irrelevant of who our owners were, as unless Qatar were gonna be taking over then we were always going down last season, as since Koeman left, ours squads just been getting worse and worse, selling off our best players and replacing them with much worse players. Which for me is exactly why I rated Ralph soo highly, and still do, as he managed to keep up a team that really should’ve gone down many seasons before.

But at least with SR they did invest and try to get us back on track, as yeah it was a risk and didn’t pay off, but at least they tried and did more than Gao did (irrelevant of whether he was allowed to or not). And with these owners we know they will again invest this coming season to try and get us back up into the prem, whilst many previous ones wouldn’t.

As yeah this isn’t PSG, Monaco, Lyon etc… but at least it’s still a team that we know will be feeding into us, where we still will be the centre for SR. And on top of that, all the teams involved can coincide to help develop one another’s young talent, which at the end of the day any of the really decent ones will end up with us. And that there’s no real negatives to, as for all we know with SR aid they might be able to get up into ligue 1 and then can be an even better club to help us if we can get back into the prem.

As we’ve all gotta remember that this is a long term project, and not just some overnight change like what happened at Chelsea, City, Newcastle etc… and the more teams they get hold of, the better it’ll be for us. And as they get better, so will we, as all you’ve gotta do is look how well those red bull teams turned out to see as to what could happen to us if we can continue and really master these strategy.

Yes a cunning plan by Sports Republic.

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 19:50 - Jun 13 with 1606 viewsPatfromPoole

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 17:11 - Jun 13 by SFC_Referee

With respect, this is nonsense.

We weren’t always going down last season.

It’s all about the quality of recruitment, both of managers and players.

We could barely have got it worse on both counts.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 21:40 - Jun 13 with 1559 viewsSaintNick

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 19:50 - Jun 13 by PatfromPoole

The quality of recruitment of the players was in the main ok, but we the man who was responsible for recruitment was tapped up by Chelsea before the transfer window ended and the man who recruited the two managers has also left.

Truth is in simple terms if we had kept Ralph and bought him a striker and a Premier League proven experienced central defender we would have stayed up and potentially more

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 21:45 - Jun 13 with 1557 viewsSFC_Referee

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 19:50 - Jun 13 by PatfromPoole

We were, as how can a team stay up that’s only got around 3 prem quality players? As for players that we’d seen play for us before that started last season, it was just simply Prowse, KWP and Livermento (who in the end has been out for pretty much the whole of the season). And no teams gonna stay up with just 2 prem quality players, as unless it’s Qatar that’s taking over your team, then with the benefit of hindsight, it was gonna take a miracle for us to stay up.
And even if SR hadn’t of taken over, then we’d of also definitely of gone down under Gao, so it’s hardly like it’s just down to them.
As even with Ralph being in charge, we’d of certainly been much better off and should definitely of kept him, but I still think it would’ve been close, but once he got sacked that was the final nail in the coffin.

As to stay up in the prem you’ve gotta invest and keep your best players, neither of which had we been doing for the last 5 or so years, yet when SR they may have invested, but due to how little quality we had left, it was always going to be an uphill battle. And due to all the years of underinvestment and loosing our best players, it’s come back to haunt us and was always going to, but it’s just SR were simply the ones at the driving wheel when it eventually happened.

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 23:04 - Jun 13 with 1530 viewsPatfromPoole

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 21:45 - Jun 13 by SFC_Referee

We were, as how can a team stay up that’s only got around 3 prem quality players? As for players that we’d seen play for us before that started last season, it was just simply Prowse, KWP and Livermento (who in the end has been out for pretty much the whole of the season). And no teams gonna stay up with just 2 prem quality players, as unless it’s Qatar that’s taking over your team, then with the benefit of hindsight, it was gonna take a miracle for us to stay up.
And even if SR hadn’t of taken over, then we’d of also definitely of gone down under Gao, so it’s hardly like it’s just down to them.
As even with Ralph being in charge, we’d of certainly been much better off and should definitely of kept him, but I still think it would’ve been close, but once he got sacked that was the final nail in the coffin.

As to stay up in the prem you’ve gotta invest and keep your best players, neither of which had we been doing for the last 5 or so years, yet when SR they may have invested, but due to how little quality we had left, it was always going to be an uphill battle. And due to all the years of underinvestment and loosing our best players, it’s come back to haunt us and was always going to, but it’s just SR were simply the ones at the driving wheel when it eventually happened.

It’s not about how much you invest, it’s how smart you are.

As Brighton, Brentford and Fulham have all shown. And even Boscombe FFS.

Our lack of quality players was down to poor recruitment. Nothing else.

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 23:06 - Jun 13 with 1529 viewsPatfromPoole

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 21:45 - Jun 13 by SFC_Referee

Hassenhutl was a busted flush.

Brighton were smart. They lost Potter, but possibly got a better manager in.

We sacked a man ultimately there for the money, and unbelievably got two worse managers in.

Incompetence on a bigger scale you would struggle to find.

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 23:21 - Jun 13 with 1514 viewscocklebreath

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 21:40 - Jun 13 by SaintNick

The quality of recruitment of the players was in the main ok, but we the man who was responsible for recruitment was tapped up by Chelsea before the transfer window ended and the man who recruited the two managers has also left.

Truth is in simple terms if we had kept Ralph and bought him a striker and a Premier League proven experienced central defender we would have stayed up and potentially more

I don’t think that’s certain at all, we were sh!t under Ralph for along time, not sure a decent striker woukd have saved us, maybe a proper keeper

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 00:03 - Jun 14 with 1503 viewsChesham_Saint

Are they out to prove they are serially incompetent?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 05:57 - Jun 14 with 1448 viewssaintwizzler

Who from last season’s buys has been a success?
Lavia and Alcaraz.
£140m spent in total.

The recruitment has been woeful.
Too many below PL standard players that have now bloated the squad.

They bought strikers, Mara and Onuachu.
They were not good enough.

We bought Centre Backs, Caleta-Car and Bella-Kotchap.
They were not good enough.

I see a lot of loans with an option to buy going out.
We, again, will be stuck paying player’s wages that aren’t at the club.

Sports Republic’s reign has been a disaster, how can anybody say otherwise?

I haven’t even mentioned the two disastrous managerial appointments!!

Now they HAVE to put it right.
Russell Martin, apparently, is the new manager.
How is that going to go???!!!

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 11:19 - Jun 14 with 1372 viewsSFC_Referee

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 23:04 - Jun 13 by PatfromPoole

It’s not about how much you invest, it’s how smart you are.

As Brighton, Brentford and Fulham have all shown. And even Boscombe FFS.

Our lack of quality players was down to poor recruitment. Nothing else.

Ok but every team goes on those rotations, as a few years back that was us doing all of that, and now it’s them, but I’m sure that within 4/5 years when they’ve sold all their best players they’ll be in the exact same position. As yeah good recruitment is important, but so’s a bit of luck, which in the past we’ve had loads of yet recently very little. As many players we’ve previously signed didn’t look that promising yet turned out amazing, just the same as many players that looked extremely promising turned out sh*t.
As we’ve just been lucky and done well to stay up for soo long, but just like us, all those teams you’ve named will be relegated at least one over the next 5 to 10 years.

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 11:30 - Jun 14 with 1367 viewsSFC_Referee

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 23:06 - Jun 13 by PatfromPoole

Hassenhutl was a busted flush.

Brighton were smart. They lost Potter, but possibly got a better manager in.

We sacked a man ultimately there for the money, and unbelievably got two worse managers in.

Incompetence on a bigger scale you would struggle to find.

Look I’m not getting into a big debate about Ralph as we’ve had enough of them already on here, but again I think again lucks got a part to play as Brightons new manager was as known to their lot as Potch was to us, and they both turned out great, yet we also didn’t know Pelligrino and look how he turned out.
As yeah you do want decent recruitment setups, but luck does also play a part, but the issue is you can’t always rely on that, which is what I think has been the difference this season as we’ve relied on it one to many times

Sport Republic About To Add New Club To Their Roster on 11:32 - Jun 14 with 1364 viewssaintwizzler

You make your own luck kiddo x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024