Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
July Sport 09:29 - Jul 2 with 849 viewsSaintNick

This is the month when all the sports seem to collide

Tour De France.
Wimbledon
Cricket test matches
Football Pre season friendlies

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

July Sport on 10:04 - Jul 2 with 815 viewsPatfromPoole

Mr. saintwizzler has been particularly excited about the WWE wrestling at the O2.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

July Sport on 21:49 - Jul 2 with 707 views1teeminants

You forgot Hampshire CCC Who are defending their 20/20 trophy . Quarter final v Worcestershire next Friday Rose Bowl. Can’t wait .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

July Sport on 23:02 - Jul 2 with 676 viewsPatfromPoole

July Sport on 21:49 - Jul 2 by 1teeminants

You forgot Hampshire CCC Who are defending their 20/20 trophy . Quarter final v Worcestershire next Friday Rose Bowl. Can’t wait .

I just don’t get the point of county cricket when it is on at the same time as the Ashes.

Great drama at Lords today; usually like a church there, but Stokes had the impact of turning it into a football crowd. Might have been the £25 tickets as well, mind…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

July Sport on 07:33 - Jul 3 with 600 viewsSalisburySaint

July Sport on 23:02 - Jul 2 by PatfromPoole

I just don’t get the point of county cricket when it is on at the same time as the Ashes.

Great drama at Lords today; usually like a church there, but Stokes had the impact of turning it into a football crowd. Might have been the £25 tickets as well, mind…..

Was great crack at Rose owl yesterday
July Sport on 08:45 - Jul 3 with 557 viewsSonicBoom

I'm not sure what sport is going to look like by the end of the summer. We've had the just stop oil lot trying to disrupt just about every public event over the last 12 months including football, rugby, and snooker. They tried again at the cricket and even at the Chelsea Flower Show! OK it is peaceful at least.
Yesterday we had MCC members abusing the Aussies as they went through the Long Room - and at the Tour De France protesters covered the road in pins and nails.

Sport is so high profile it is a magnet for any group seeking publicity. Banners and chanting is one thing but actually disrupting the action could be dangerous for lots of reasons. Will we see what happens at Wimbledon.
July Sport on 09:37 - Jul 3 with 540 views1teeminants

July Sport on 23:02 - Jul 2 by PatfromPoole

20/20 cricket is very exciting mate and Hampshire are very very good at it. Won it three times . Great entertainment imo.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:14]

July Sport on 10:13 - Jul 3 with 521 viewsSaintNick

July Sport on 09:37 - Jul 3 by 1teeminants

20/20 cricket is very exciting mate and Hampshire are very very good at it. Won it three times . Great entertainment imo.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:14]

As I said on another post I fell out of love with watching cricket a decade ago, it has ceased being principally being a sport at Professional level and is now more about entertainment, the 20/20 was the start yes it can be exciting , but it's not cricket for me its just hit and run as we used to call it when we played over the park as kids.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

July Sport on 14:19 - Jul 3 with 470 views1teeminants

July Sport on 10:13 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

As I said on another post I fell out of love with watching cricket a decade ago, it has ceased being principally being a sport at Professional level and is now more about entertainment, the 20/20 was the start yes it can be exciting , but it's not cricket for me its just hit and run as we used to call it when we played over the park as kids.

Each to their own Nick. I like all cricket . I haven’t missed a final at Lords with Hampshire and I always used to go with my dad and brother to the county ground and were members in the 70’s. We all played the game too at a decent level so love it always will.

Login to get fewer ads

July Sport on 17:20 - Jul 3 with 434 viewsIanSouthstander

Surprised Nick that you haven't mentioned The Open Golf Championship. Especially considering as its at Liverpool this year.
July Sport on 12:46 - Jul 4 with 366 views1teeminants

July Sport on 10:13 - Jul 3 by SaintNick

Watching Hampshire is also the only chance I have of seeing any trophies 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024