Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Game Matchday Thread 08:25 - Aug 12 with 4037 viewsSaintNick

It's time to find out how we will do without James Ward Prowse, so a new era begins

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 08:55 - Aug 12 with 3538 viewsHeisenberg

Shame he didn’t get his wish for one final game. Good luck to him. Moving forward who will be the new captain ? Bednarek I reckon.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 09:06 - Aug 12 with 3522 viewsSalisburySaint

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 08:55 - Aug 12 by Heisenberg

Shame he didn’t get his wish for one final game. Good luck to him. Moving forward who will be the new captain ? Bednarek I reckon.

Stephens allegedly
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Aug 12 with 3471 viewsButty101

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 09:06 - Aug 12 by SalisburySaint

Stephens allegedly

Yeah for Martins had already said it will be Stephens

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 09:43 - Aug 12 with 3441 viewskingslandstand1

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 09:06 - Aug 12 by SalisburySaint

Stephens allegedly

Wasn't he named as CLUB captain rather than team captain, as in on the pitch. Years ago they were 2 different players as Benali was club captain while ANO on the pitch (can't remember who)
Though if Stephens in on the pitch, not a problem with that, he has the passion as well as the mistakes in him!
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Aug 12 with 3343 viewscocklebreath

Stephens is the only option, he’s got something about him.
Proper excited for today, get down to Southampton by 12pm few beers and 3 points. Be interested to see if the effort to make the Chapel itchin corner more noisy will work.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 12:03 - Aug 12 with 3297 viewsericofarabia

Just noticed Gunn is in goal.
In his last 2 games at SMS he has let in 11 goals.
2 seasons ago when we beat Norwich 2-0 with a cracking half volley from Romeu and a last min breakaway from Stuey. For the life of me I can't remember when the other 9 happened
Also I didn't know that Pukki doesn't play for them anymore, which is good news. Lets hope Delia has reason for another breakdown as we romp home to a convincing victory.
COYS
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 12:12 - Aug 12 with 3287 viewsericofarabia

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 12:03 - Aug 12 by ericofarabia

Just noticed Gunn is in goal.
In his last 2 games at SMS he has let in 11 goals.
2 seasons ago when we beat Norwich 2-0 with a cracking half volley from Romeu and a last min breakaway from Stuey. For the life of me I can't remember when the other 9 happened
Also I didn't know that Pukki doesn't play for them anymore, which is good news. Lets hope Delia has reason for another breakdown as we romp home to a convincing victory.
COYS

Gunn having played for both clubs got me thinking about other players who have (a bit late for separate thread, but just the attacking players alone is an awesome array of talent :-
Ron Davies
Martin Chivers
Ted MacDougal
Phil Boyer
Mick Channon

Oh how we need somebody who scores goals for fun.
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 14:11 - Aug 12 with 3101 viewsBison

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:08 - Aug 12 with 2963 views10i

Adams must be one of the guys really wsnting away, cause playing AA again seems a bit mad...
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Aug 12 with 2922 views10i

And again neither the GK nor one of the CDs challenges for a soft cross into the six-yards Box...
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Aug 12 with 2854 views10i

Well, at least they do challenge in the opposite Box... 😜
Yes!
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Aug 12 with 2722 viewsRipleys_revenge

Have we conceded a goal for every shot faced so far this season?

Anyway, feels like Norwich will be unhappy not to be ahead. Strange game. Our defending seems to have somehow got worse than last season, especially from set pieces.

Oh there we go we have conceded from a set piece. Would we be better if we fielded an extra outfield player? Our goalie doesn’t seem
To stop anything on goal ever
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Aug 12 with 2691 views10i

How one Single Team can be so shite at defending crosses.
That's Why nobody wants bednarek and Stephens, they are of no use in their most important job.
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Aug 12 with 2681 viewsButty101

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Aug 12 by 10i

How one Single Team can be so shite at defending crosses.
That's Why nobody wants bednarek and Stephens, they are of no use in their most important job.

Jonathan Rowe is left totally unmarked on his own in the box and sends a floating header drifting passed the Saints keeper Gavin Bazunu who is rooted to the spot.

From the bbc

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Aug 12 with 2617 viewsNYC_Saint

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Aug 12 by Butty101

Jonathan Rowe is left totally unmarked on his own in the box and sends a floating header drifting passed the Saints keeper Gavin Bazunu who is rooted to the spot.

From the bbc

Other than the defending does it look like there's some promise elsewhere?
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Aug 12 with 2535 views10i

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Aug 12 by NYC_Saint

Other than the defending does it look like there's some promise elsewhere?

Well... No...
Bednarek finally to blame for All of their goals by either losing his man or at least Not attacking his area. He was really shocking.
But we also did Not manage to create one Single Chance of Note from All that possession in open play, while Norwich did...
AA non existent, Tella and Edozie Not getting through on the wings, and every lost Ball, which some different players were guilty of (Stephens, KWP, Manning,....), result in big Chances for the guests...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 16:09]
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Aug 12 with 2524 viewsNYC_Saint

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Aug 12 by 10i

Well... No...
Bednarek finally to blame for All of their goals by either losing his man or at least Not attacking his area. He was really shocking.
But we also did Not manage to create one Single Chance of Note from All that possession in open play, while Norwich did...
AA non existent, Tella and Edozie Not getting through on the wings, and every lost Ball, which some different players were guilty of (Stephens, KWP, Manning,....), result in big Chances for the guests...

Sigh. Thanks for the report.
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Aug 12 with 2471 views10i

And again the only one surprised that Adams is better than AA will be RM.... Adams had more touches in 5 Minutes than AA had in the first half.
A much better start to the second half, no shooting chances are created, with the defence having next to nothing to Do.
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Aug 12 with 2463 viewsRipleys_revenge

F@ck me we got away with one there, Bazunu not dealing with the free kick, Barnes turning it in, offside. He should be gathering that or at the very least turning it wide / getting it away from goal area. Such a dodgy keeper and zero signs of improvement. For me he’s the biggest concern for us this season
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:43 - Aug 12 with 2401 viewssaint22

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Aug 12 by 10i

Well... No...

So yet again it’s all the same problems
New manager same issues
We are a joke
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Aug 12 with 2346 views1885_SFC

Same old home woes...

Old School is Cool

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Aug 12 with 2195 viewsHeisenberg

According to the BBC website we had 69% possession and 31 shots with 11 on target. RM has a record of poor defending at his previous clubs and needs to sort it. In the end it’s a point and it’s going to take time.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Aug 12 with 2188 views10i

Well, to be honest, everyone would be fuming had Norwich got such a penalty.
So, a lucky point in the end. But at least the second half has been a lot better than the first.
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Aug 12 with 2142 viewsmushinexile

Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Aug 12 by 10i

Well, to be honest, everyone would be fuming had Norwich got such a penalty.
So, a lucky point in the end. But at least the second half has been a lot better than the first.

Too many goals conceded but Hallelujah! We can score. Sort the defence out and we might just have a chance to avoid covering ourselves in embarrassment.
Norwich Game Matchday Thread on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 2117 viewsJellybaby

Only saw last 20 minutes;

Poor mistake from Manning for their 4th.
Very soft penalty, but well played KWP.
Alcaraz best player on the pitch.
Amo looks very good.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024