Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alcaraz signs new five year deal 21:57 - Oct 6 with 1621 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/alcaraz-signs-five-year-deal

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 22:55 - Oct 6 with 1542 views1885_SFC

Fantastic news. Good lad.

Old School is Cool

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 23:37 - Oct 6 with 1502 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Brilliant news

Cheer up Eddie Howe, in January you will now have to go poaching elsewhere with your oil billions
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 07:18 - Oct 7 with 1392 viewskingslandstand1

Great news. Club showing ambition?
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 08:34 - Oct 7 with 1331 viewssaintmark1976

So, the club give an improved five year deal to a player who not a month ago Russell Martin was publicly slagging off. I wonder why?
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 10:16 - Oct 7 with 1258 viewsSaintNick

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 08:34 - Oct 7 by saintmark1976

So, the club give an improved five year deal to a player who not a month ago Russell Martin was publicly slagging off. I wonder why?

As I said in my main article, this is not about selling him, he still has almost 4 years left on his contract (ends July 2027) so it is not about guaranteeing a big transfer fee as the new one only extends it by a year.

It is just about paying him more, which suggests that we value him and want to keep him, if we were going to cash in why give him a new deal

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 10:19 - Oct 7 with 1255 viewsSouthamptonfan

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 10:16 - Oct 7 by SaintNick

As I said in my main article, this is not about selling him, he still has almost 4 years left on his contract (ends July 2027) so it is not about guaranteeing a big transfer fee as the new one only extends it by a year.

It is just about paying him more, which suggests that we value him and want to keep him, if we were going to cash in why give him a new deal

It's a very good move on the club's part, probably giving Alcaraz a pay rise, knowing that when he is sold we will more than cover that with a much bigger transfer fee.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 10:31 - Oct 7 with 1244 viewsIfonly

RM must think highly of Alcaraz too or this wouldn't happen. We're not his long term destination, as he said we are the "club that opened the doors for me to play here in Europe" i.e. a step along the way, which the club will be ok with. But this deal means that - if we get promoted - we have a chance of hanging on to him for a couple of years.
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 17:26 - Oct 7 with 1118 viewsMattFinish

Signs a new deal, will be right up for it against second bottom Rotherham and gets dropped
Login to get fewer ads

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 17:59 - Oct 7 with 1091 viewssaint22

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 17:26 - Oct 7 by MattFinish

Signs a new deal, will be right up for it against second bottom Rotherham and gets dropped

Ludicrous
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 22:11 - Oct 7 with 1043 viewsSFC_Referee

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 17:26 - Oct 7 by MattFinish

Hardly like he was that good when he came on today, as he gave away the ball far too many times after they got the equaliser

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 07:47 - Oct 8 with 952 viewssaint22

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 22:11 - Oct 7 by SFC_Referee

Hardly like he was that good when he came on today, as he gave away the ball far too many times after they got the equaliser

He did a couple of times but aside from that he was the only one who looked to get us forward
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 09:14 - Oct 8 with 929 viewsSFC_Referee

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 07:47 - Oct 8 by saint22

He did a couple of times but aside from that he was the only one who looked to get us forward

Tbf I think the main two that tried to create stuff was Sulemana and Edozie as we always seemed to attack down that left side in the second half and it was almost always one of those two driving the attacks

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 11:58 - Oct 8 with 874 viewssaint22

Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 09:14 - Oct 8 by SFC_Referee

Tbf I think the main two that tried to create stuff was Sulemana and Edozie as we always seemed to attack down that left side in the second half and it was almost always one of those two driving the attacks

which was a big part of the problem as we never looked right
plus their number 2 had the measure of Sulemana and was just as quick but we didn't change tactics and EVERY time Bedders had the bad he looked left not right
Alcaraz signs new five year deal on 12:55 - Oct 8 with 865 views1885_SFC

Charly's club back in Argentina have a 15% sell-on fee. The new contract is probably to cover this - when he's sold in January.

Call me cynical etc etc...
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:56]

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024