Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? 18:53 - Oct 7 with 2720 viewsSFC_Referee

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:01 - Oct 7 with 2688 views1ASIN12

We are a top 10 or at a push top 8 side with a mid table manager.

What did people expect ?
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:48 - Oct 7 with 2596 viewssaint22

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:01 - Oct 7 by 1ASIN12

What did people expect ?

To beat a team who concede for fun and can’t score
And have a keeper that isn’t stood in no man’s land and gets lobbed by Jordan Hugill
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:53 - Oct 7 with 2574 viewsSouthamptonfan

There isn't a chance he would go at the moment. We are three points off third place. We are still paying off Jones and Ralph. They will wait to see what happens. I would predict we will end up in the playoffs. They will let all this play out before any chance of him being sacked. If we plummet down the league, he would go but we are likely to be amongst the play offs arn't we. The pressure from the fans will mean that losing runs wouldn't go on too long and keep him in a job.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 19:56]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:54 - Oct 7 with 2573 viewsSFC_Referee

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:01 - Oct 7 by 1ASIN12

What did people expect ?

Your seriously telling me that we should be finishing mid table with 2 previous championship golden boot winners (with A.Armstrong joint top right now), 3/4 prem quality players, 2 previous championship team of the season ones as well as many decent options on the bench for most positions? As that’s a team that realistically makes top 4, and should be making playoffs minimal. Which right now wee not making

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:56 - Oct 7 with 2568 viewsSFC_Referee

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:48 - Oct 7 by saint22

To beat a team who concede for fun and can’t score
And have a keeper that isn’t stood in no man’s land and gets lobbed by Jordan Hugill

You can’t exactly blame Bazunu for their goal, and it was him consistently being off his line that got us outta jail a few times today as well as midweek against stoke, as he’s been pretty decent this season other than maybe the Sunderland game

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:58 - Oct 7 with 2563 viewsSFC_Referee

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:53 - Oct 7 by Southamptonfan

There isn't a chance he would go at the moment. We are three points off third place. We are still paying off Jones and Ralph. They will wait to see what happens. I would predict we will end up in the playoffs. They will let all this play out before any chance of him being sacked. If we plummet down the league, he would go but we are likely to be amongst the play offs arn't we. The pressure from the fans will mean that losing runs wouldn't go on too long and keep him in a job.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 19:56]

Well you say that we’re likely to make playoffs, but right now they’re 3 teams above us that aren’t even in there, and for a team that most had as being in the top 4 and a fair few had to automatically go up, being 13 points from top or 9 away from automatic promotion this early on, certainly isn’t something to look at with any real hope

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 20:05 - Oct 7 with 2544 viewsSouthamptonfan

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:58 - Oct 7 by SFC_Referee

Well you say that we’re likely to make playoffs, but right now they’re 3 teams above us that aren’t even in there, and for a team that most had as being in the top 4 and a fair few had to automatically go up, being 13 points from top or 9 away from automatic promotion this early on, certainly isn’t something to look at with any real hope

I agree we really should be right up there going for automatic promotion. It's very disappointing. But I do think we will be in amongst the play offs, even with this tippy tappy rubbish. We might just miss out too, but I'm saying that the board won't get rid of Martin unless we were in the bottom three. They wouldn't pay off a manager who is in with a chance of getting a play off spot.

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 20:08 - Oct 7 with 2539 viewsSFC_Referee

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 20:05 - Oct 7 by Southamptonfan

I agree we really should be right up there going for automatic promotion. It's very disappointing. But I do think we will be in amongst the play offs, even with this tippy tappy rubbish. We might just miss out too, but I'm saying that the board won't get rid of Martin unless we were in the bottom three. They wouldn't pay off a manager who is in with a chance of getting a play off spot.

Yeah but the question wasn’t “will the board sack him” it was “should he be sacked” as I just wanted to see what many on here thought.
As really any manager we get in we should have as a certainty to make playoffs, and rather a hope/chance of automatic promotion, which is why how we’ve started under RM just ain’t good enough

Login to get fewer ads

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 20:14 - Oct 7 with 2515 viewsSouthamptonfan

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 20:08 - Oct 7 by SFC_Referee

Yeah but the question wasn’t “will the board sack him” it was “should he be sacked” as I just wanted to see what many on here thought.
As really any manager we get in we should have as a certainty to make playoffs, and rather a hope/chance of automatic promotion, which is why how we’ve started under RM just ain’t good enough

Should he be sacked? Yes if we had a sensible, ambitious board that then brings in an experienced manager that plays direct football. But they would only replace him with someone of the same standard or probably even worse like another Jones or Selles, so there isn't really any point. We might as well see how this pans out. Keep changing the manager every six months is never going to work either.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 20:16]

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 07:48 - Oct 8 with 2271 viewssaint22

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 19:56 - Oct 7 by SFC_Referee

You can’t exactly blame Bazunu for their goal, and it was him consistently being off his line that got us outta jail a few times today as well as midweek against stoke, as he’s been pretty decent this season other than maybe the Sunderland game

He was partly to blame
You should never be getting lobbed from the edge of your own box
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 07:57 - Oct 8 with 2260 viewsSalisburySaint

Feel this is really unfair on RM, we don’t play Hull for two weeks, so no chance of beating them next weekend !
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 16:00 - Oct 9 with 1839 viewssaint901

The comments above about 3/4 PL standard players and several ex EFL aware winners (a while ago) may be true but without a plan, they're mid table at best.

The plan CANNOT be to play a style of football that most PL sides have abandoned in favour of a more direct approach.

The plan CANNOT be one that has failed elsewhere in this league over several seasons.

The plan CANNOT be a "way of playing" that is clearly alien to the players, easy to counter and always going to give the opposition at least one free shot on goal every game.

The plan MUST be one that plays to our strengths (attacking full backs, pace with Suleman and players arriving late in the box, don't mess around at the back) and not one that at least half the team is struggling with.

I really don't mind the fact that the "way of playing" is dull and boring to watch but I do mind that we reject all the good things we did in the first half v Rotherham and threw that game away when a win would have put us much closer the playoff places.

RM will not go of his own accord. The owners will not fire him because they can't afford to pay him off.
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 08:43 - Oct 10 with 1631 viewsSonicBoom

I'm no fan of the RM style of play. I just don't see the point but anyway.. I don't want to see him sacked as constant change is no good. I want to see him be more flexible and change the things that everyone can see doesn't work.
It's daft to try and impose some complicated style on the team (which I still don't understand) when it seems clear they can't play it. I don't buy into it at all, if you look at our premier league stats we had plenty of possession, we weren't a long ball team. So I just don't get how he is trying to introduce a "totally new way of playing". That's BS.
And if the players haven't been able to do it despite training for 6 months 5 times a week, then it probably is time to try something simpler.
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 10:44 - Oct 10 with 1573 viewsBerber

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 16:00 - Oct 9 by saint901

The comments above about 3/4 PL standard players and several ex EFL aware winners (a while ago) may be true but without a plan, they're mid table at best.

The plan CANNOT be to play a style of football that most PL sides have abandoned in favour of a more direct approach.

The plan CANNOT be one that has failed elsewhere in this league over several seasons.

The plan CANNOT be a "way of playing" that is clearly alien to the players, easy to counter and always going to give the opposition at least one free shot on goal every game.

The plan MUST be one that plays to our strengths (attacking full backs, pace with Suleman and players arriving late in the box, don't mess around at the back) and not one that at least half the team is struggling with.

I really don't mind the fact that the "way of playing" is dull and boring to watch but I do mind that we reject all the good things we did in the first half v Rotherham and threw that game away when a win would have put us much closer the playoff places.

RM will not go of his own accord. The owners will not fire him because they can't afford to pay him off.

Excellent summation
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 09:28 - Oct 11 with 1426 viewsCenturion

Hull are a side with a good home record and tough opponents. They are competing with us for a play off place.
A draw would be a great result and proof of our intent to finish in the top 8 at least.
A narrow defeat would be disappointing but not the end of the world.
If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 09:38 - Oct 11 with 1412 viewssaints__fan__73

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 09:28 - Oct 11 by Centurion

Hull are a side with a good home record and tough opponents. They are competing with us for a play off place.
A draw would be a great result and proof of our intent to finish in the top 8 at least.
A narrow defeat would be disappointing but not the end of the world.

Thanks Russ.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 1338 viewsCenturion

If we don’t beat Hull next weekend is it time for RM to go? on 09:38 - Oct 11 by saints__fan__73

Thanks Russ.

Ha ha...very funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024