Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh let’s all remember one thing 02:06 - Oct 26 with 1428 viewssaint22

We scraped a draw at Preston thanks to our keeper
Let’s not get carried away
Oh let’s all remember one thing on 08:51 - Oct 26 with 1248 viewsHeisenberg

Do you get any enjoyment out of watching Saints ? We didn’t play well and came away with a point at a difficult place not many get a result. We are 5th and an improving side. What is it you actually expect ? To be above Leicester ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 08:58 - Oct 26 with 1243 views1teeminants

5 games unbeaten, 5 th in table, 1 point off 3 rd

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 09:52 - Oct 26 with 1156 viewssaints__fan__73

Laughable how badly we are under performing.

Our squad is comparable with Leicester's. We have an international team mate of Messi, a player who has been to a World Cup, a host of full internationals and players with 100+ PL games to their name.

And yet we are a 2nd best to the likes of Preston. Just look at their starting lineup. It's a bog standard bunch of 2nd tier journeyman who cost in total far less than SR spent on our keeper.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 09:58 - Oct 26 with 1149 viewsPatfromPoole

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 09:52 - Oct 26 by saints__fan__73

Our squad is comparable with Leicester's. We have an international team mate of Messi, a player who has been to a World Cup, a host of full internationals and players with 100+ PL games to their name.

And yet we are a 2nd best to the likes of Preston. Just look at their starting lineup. It's a bog standard bunch of 2nd tier journeyman who cost in total far less than SR spent on our keeper.

I think it is becoming increasingly apparent that Leicester have a far better manager than us.

I have mentioned before about having wanted Saints to do this, but they sold their top players (Maddison and Barnes) early in the window, and bought replacements early.

Whereas we faffed about until the end of the window.

This is the one area where I have a little bit of sympathy with Martin.

But ultimately we are very lucky to be as high as 5th. The last-gasp goals bear this out.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 10:06 - Oct 26 with 1129 viewsButty101

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 08:51 - Oct 26 by Heisenberg

Do you get any enjoyment out of watching Saints ? We didn’t play well and came away with a point at a difficult place not many get a result. We are 5th and an improving side. What is it you actually expect ? To be above Leicester ?

What are you basing "we are an improving team" on?

Preston missed a guilt edge chance to go 3-1 up. Teams are still just sitting back and hitting us on the break.

The only good thing is the team dont give up and its a pretty poor league. We have only played well once this season yet sit in the playoffs.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 14:36 - Oct 26 with 1037 viewssaint22

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 08:51 - Oct 26 by Heisenberg

No but I expect us to improve, get better, play our best 11, not make the same mistakes, bad subs etc etc
Not too much to ask is it?
Oh let’s all remember one thing on 17:37 - Oct 26 with 971 viewsHeisenberg

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 10:06 - Oct 26 by Butty101

What are you basing "we are an improving team" on?

Preston missed a guilt edge chance to go 3-1 up. Teams are still just sitting back and hitting us on the break.

The only good thing is the team dont give up and its a pretty poor league. We have only played well once this season yet sit in the playoffs.

I would base my opinion that we are an improving side on the fact that after an indifferent start we are unbeaten in the last 5 games. I still think we need an experienced central midfielder that can lead Smallbone Charles and Downes. As I said I am enjoying the Championship so couldn’t give a toss about Pep Jurgen VAR and the Premier League rubbish.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 20:34 - Oct 26 with 858 viewshedgeend61

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 09:52 - Oct 26 by saints__fan__73

Is anyone really comparing our current squad to Leicester's?
How many of ours would get in this team that beat Sunderland Tuesday?

Leicester City: Hermansen, Juston, Faes, Casadei, Winks, Mavididi, Iheanacho (Vardy 68), Fatawu (Albrighton 80), Ricardo, Dewsbury-Hall, Vestergaard.
Subs not used: Ward, Coady, Souttar, Choudhury, Daka, Marcal, Stolarczyk.

The squad they had last season in the PL was far superior to ours and should have finished easy midtable, and they only sold 3 decent players in the summer for around £100m who play regular PL football, we sold one, JWP.

You could argue they still have 5/6 still at PL level (more than we had last season in the PL), none of ours are close, (Che thinks he is, but wouldn't say it with a straight face) that's why they'll win the league easy and we'll competitive hopefully around the playoffs.

When you waste £150m on a boatload of dross not fit for purpose, it takes time to recover. Every long journey starts with a small step.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 20:54 - Oct 26 with 835 viewsRon11

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 14:36 - Oct 26 by saint22

No but I expect us to improve, get better, play our best 11, not make the same mistakes, bad subs etc etc
Not too much to ask is it?

The sad thing about it is that there are good players there that are spending most of their time pissing about with the ball around the penalty box trying to showcase some kind off football religion that Martin seems to want to impose, every single game.
Then it all goes to bollocks when the opposition score a couple, as Preston did as they sat back and caught them on the break and then comes a series of panic driven substitutions as there's no plan B.
They've got lucky with this late in injury time the last couple of times, but the luck won't last forever.
The panic subs and illogical starting line ups are just re runs of Hassenhutl's last couple of seasons and Selles' pathetic attempts to win something without having a clue. And Jones....well what was that all about.
Get a manager in without an ego who knows about attacking football and actually has some tactical sense. Leicester certainly did.
Oh let’s all remember one thing on 23:03 - Oct 26 with 772 viewsSFC_Referee

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 09:58 - Oct 26 by PatfromPoole

I think it is becoming increasingly apparent that Leicester have a far better manager than us.

I have mentioned before about having wanted Saints to do this, but they sold their top players (Maddison and Barnes) early in the window, and bought replacements early.

Whereas we faffed about until the end of the window.

This is the one area where I have a little bit of sympathy with Martin.

But ultimately we are very lucky to be as high as 5th. The last-gasp goals bear this out.

Ok but that “faffing about” is what got us like an extra £15m for Lavia, and for the likes of Prowse and Livermento also was the hope that we may be able to keep them, whilst it was clear from the day they went down that Maddison and Barnes would both definitely be off from Leicester.
As yeah it is better to get the work done early, but as the Lavia situation showed, it can also pay off holding your ground and not letting teams take advantage of you wanting to do a lid of quick transfers, gaining less money

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 23:24 - Oct 26 with 753 viewssaint22

Oh let’s all remember one thing on 23:03 - Oct 26 by SFC_Referee

Ok but that “faffing about” is what got us like an extra £15m for Lavia, and for the likes of Prowse and Livermento also was the hope that we may be able to keep them, whilst it was clear from the day they went down that Maddison and Barnes would both definitely be off from Leicester.
As yeah it is better to get the work done early, but as the Lavia situation showed, it can also pay off holding your ground and not letting teams take advantage of you wanting to do a lid of quick transfers, gaining less money

no good getting extra if you can't then spend it correctly or have a a manager who lets players like Perraud go on loan when we need a LB
Its all so wrong at the top and that filters down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024