Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread 01:41 - Apr 13 with 40907 viewsjackharris

The Great Heroes of the Royal Welsh!

The great heroes that are the Chelsea Pensioners!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 1:58]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Apr 13 with 2094 viewsnicky

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/107250/should-the-trust-
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 2080 viewsDrizzy

Just read this thread and I can't believe Warwick is p*ssed off because Monk was tactically outdone by Jose f*cking Mourinho.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Apr 13 with 1993 viewsStarsky

What a surreal thread. Drizzy's bang on the money on this thread.
Some of you have taken leave of your senses.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Apr 13 with 1965 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

Just read this thread and I can't believe Warwick is p*ssed off because Monk was tactically outdone by Jose f*cking Mourinho.

...and Pulis, and Mel. Not just undone, more like stupified into inaction or perhaps he just didn't f*cking notice. Again.

ps Happy with the bench and the subs then, Kam?
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 1931 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

...and Pulis, and Mel. Not just undone, more like stupified into inaction or perhaps he just didn't f*cking notice. Again.

Monk's fault - fcking hell get a life

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 13 with 1924 viewsDrizzy

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:36 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

Pulis? Eh not really. Their goal came from an actual refereeing mistake, not like Chico's second yellow.

I thought he did everything he could. He's not responsible for the failure to strengthen in the January window. His team selection looked spot on until Chico's f*ck up. After that did anyone realistically expect us to get anything? It was a miracle we lasted as long as we did. A world class finisher in that Chelsea team would have buried us before the half was over.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Apr 13 with 1919 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

Pulis? Eh not really. Their goal came from an actual refereeing mistake, not like Chico's second yellow.

I thought he did everything he could. He's not responsible for the failure to strengthen in the January window. His team selection looked spot on until Chico's f*ck up. After that did anyone realistically expect us to get anything? It was a miracle we lasted as long as we did. A world class finisher in that Chelsea team would have buried us before the half was over.

This

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:52 - Apr 13 with 1890 viewsRevJames

Chico is a liability. He'd be better focussing on doing the basics of his job better instead of believing all this 'cult' status tosh.

Another "should have done better" from Vorm. Give Tremmel a chance and our luck might change.

Overall I though they did ok especially being down to 10 so soon.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Apr 13 with 1885 viewsSpratty

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:12 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

This is a PL club not a training ground. I am sure Monk did his best but therein lies the problem.

We are a PL club and we need a manager that is experienced and tactically astute enough now (not in a year or 5) to lock horns with other PL managers from whatever club.
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:57 - Apr 13 with 1875 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:41 - Apr 13 by longlostjack

Monk's fault - fcking hell get a life

Aye - why blame the manager?
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:01 - Apr 13 with 1849 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:43 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

Pulis schooled Monk. You must have been in a coma not to see it it.
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Apr 13 with 1835 viewsDrizzy

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:01 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

Pulis schooled Monk. You must have been in a coma not to see it it.

By that logic Monk "schooled" Benitez for the Napoli first leg.

You've had an agenda since day one and it's clearly clouding your perspective. You're silent on here after a good result and there's no mention of Monk. After a poor result you can't wait to stick the boot in. Why even mention Palace and WBA on the Swansea vs. Chelsea match thread? Says it all.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Apr 13 with 1802 viewsJohnw102

I am have waited before making a comment on this thread, I was at the ground, but I left the ground feeling proud of the 10 men and the fans who for 20 mins in the second half hit Chelsea with a wall of sound. Chelsea had players who individually cost more than the whole of our team and the ten men nearly nicked a point. I have read most of the thread and nowhere can I see comments about the 3/4 top class saves that Cech had to make, if it has been mentioned elsewhere I apologise. At half time there had only been 4 shots on target and they were all Swans. If we had shown the same commitment against WBA and Palace we would not be in the situation we now find ourselves in.There were a lot of positives to be taken from a game against one of the most expensive and best teams in Europe.

I do think Mourinho was in the 4th officials ear and that message went to the referee hence the sending off, GM in his after match media chat I think feels the same, that said it was still stupid of Chico so soon after his first card.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:33 - Apr 13 with 1745 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:06 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

By that logic Monk "schooled" Benitez for the Napoli first leg.

You've had an agenda since day one and it's clearly clouding your perspective. You're silent on here after a good result and there's no mention of Monk. After a poor result you can't wait to stick the boot in. Why even mention Palace and WBA on the Swansea vs. Chelsea match thread? Says it all.

The only "agenda" I have is that my club appoints a good manager.
If you think that Monk fits the bill then crack on.

I mentioned WBA and Palace because Monk failed to react to tactical changes by the opposing managers at half time. It's hardly f*cking rocket science.

I repeat - were you happy with the bench and subs today? If so, I'll pm you my address and you can send me some of your Prozac.
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Apr 13 with 1718 viewsDrizzy

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:33 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

The only "agenda" I have is that my club appoints a good manager.
If you think that Monk fits the bill then crack on.

I mentioned WBA and Palace because Monk failed to react to tactical changes by the opposing managers at half time. It's hardly f*cking rocket science.

I repeat - were you happy with the bench and subs today? If so, I'll pm you my address and you can send me some of your Prozac.

Okie dokie.

The thing with you is you have plenty of sh*te to talk but none of it is constructive. You lambast almost every one of Monk's decisions but rarely provide any kind of alternative. It's tedious.

Was I happy with bringing Amat on for Hernandez? Yep. The number 10 is always sacrificed if a player goes down. Dyer for Ngog after 70 odd minutes? Fair enough. Might have brought on Emnes instead but we need more height at set-pieces as it was clear that was the only way we were going to threaten. Dyer was knackered too. Would have brought on de Guzman about 10 minutes earlier as Britton was getting sloppy.

Looks like senility is creeping in a little bit early.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 21:45]

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:47 - Apr 13 with 1713 viewsMorfa_Same

Today was our season summed up in 90 minutes. A valiant effort but fell just short. Being left aggrieved by a refereeing decision. A moment of stupidity at the back. The only meaningful thing our keeper had to save went in. Our substitutions didn't help us. Being left feeling that this was an opportunity missed.

What a frustrating season. It would be a travesty if we were relegated because I firmly believe we're better than the other teams in the relegation mix. We just don't know how to grind out results.
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:53 - Apr 13 with 1685 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Apr 13 by Johnw102

I am have waited before making a comment on this thread, I was at the ground, but I left the ground feeling proud of the 10 men and the fans who for 20 mins in the second half hit Chelsea with a wall of sound. Chelsea had players who individually cost more than the whole of our team and the ten men nearly nicked a point. I have read most of the thread and nowhere can I see comments about the 3/4 top class saves that Cech had to make, if it has been mentioned elsewhere I apologise. At half time there had only been 4 shots on target and they were all Swans. If we had shown the same commitment against WBA and Palace we would not be in the situation we now find ourselves in.There were a lot of positives to be taken from a game against one of the most expensive and best teams in Europe.

I do think Mourinho was in the 4th officials ear and that message went to the referee hence the sending off, GM in his after match media chat I think feels the same, that said it was still stupid of Chico so soon after his first card.

Post of the day that. It was worth waiting for

Great atmosphere today until the goal, and a huge effort by the lads.
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 22:08 - Apr 13 with 1655 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 21:45 - Apr 13 by Drizzy

Okie dokie.

The thing with you is you have plenty of sh*te to talk but none of it is constructive. You lambast almost every one of Monk's decisions but rarely provide any kind of alternative. It's tedious.

Was I happy with bringing Amat on for Hernandez? Yep. The number 10 is always sacrificed if a player goes down. Dyer for Ngog after 70 odd minutes? Fair enough. Might have brought on Emnes instead but we need more height at set-pieces as it was clear that was the only way we were going to threaten. Dyer was knackered too. Would have brought on de Guzman about 10 minutes earlier as Britton was getting sloppy.

Looks like senility is creeping in a little bit early.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 21:45]

Emnes.
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Apr 13 with 1576 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 16:34 - Apr 13 by Cooperman

Jonjo needs to keep his mouth shut and put his energy into running.

did he get a yellow card did he get sent off ? no did he run his bolox off yes he did you idiot
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Apr 13 with 1569 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:31 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We've been dreadful the second half. They should have had 2 or 3 goals by now.

been dreadful with 10 men v champions league semi finalists unbeleivable
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Apr 13 with 1564 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:47 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Was Shelvey taken off at half time?

you prick
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Apr 13 with 1563 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Apr 13 by Cooperman

Shelvey looks lost now. Get JDG on for ten mins.

another prick
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:19 - Apr 13 with 1557 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

We've lost all confidence in 1 V 1 defending... but...

every time a team plays direct they are onto our back 4 in a flash. There was one time in the 2nd half when Shelvey and 2 others pressed the ball that they had no chance of winning and Willian took all 3 of them out of the game with a simple header.

Should we stay up I'd like to hope that in pre season irrelevant stupid shuttle runs are replaced by plenty of practice on when to press, when to drop and how to react when we lose the ball

who was the other 2 you bell or you just dont like shelvey
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Apr 13 with 1554 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

I'd look more at the midfield. A simple throw took them out of the equation. The amount of times Britton and especially Shelvey left our back 4 exposed was shocking.

We can talk about plucky defensive performances, poor refereeing decisions etc, but there weren't a lot of positives out there. And the least said about Monk's choice of bench and use of subs the better.

another prick
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 23:22 - Apr 13 with 1552 viewsfootball2301

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:56 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

My biggest concern about Shelvey is that Brendan thought he couldn't work with him, and we've all seen how much of a job Brendan has done in transforming players like Henderson and Sterling.

He's got potential but f*ck me he's got more issues than SuBo. JDG should have replaced him around the 70 min mark.

And Ngog...

Why did we bomb Luke Warm??????

your a complete bell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024