Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread 01:41 - Apr 13 with 40902 viewsjackharris

The Great Heroes of the Royal Welsh!

The great heroes that are the Chelsea Pensioners!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 1:58]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Apr 13 with 1616 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:05 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

That ball has to be dealt with. There's hesitancy all through our back line.

I'd look more at the midfield. A simple throw took them out of the equation. The amount of times Britton and especially Shelvey left our back 4 exposed was shocking.

We can talk about plucky defensive performances, poor refereeing decisions etc, but there weren't a lot of positives out there. And the least said about Monk's choice of bench and use of subs the better.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Apr 13 with 1610 viewsswancity

It's very unfair to be critical of any of our players after such a magnificent effort in adversity.

Chelsea were powerful, quick, skillful and organised. They have everything a side could want, a world class striker apart.

They are once again contenders to win the Championsip and Champions league for a reason. So, to lose by a single goal after playing for most of the game with only 10 men, when the game plan was immediately ripped to shreds, only a fool could be too critical.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Apr 13 with 1610 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

I'd look more at the midfield. A simple throw took them out of the equation. The amount of times Britton and especially Shelvey left our back 4 exposed was shocking.

We can talk about plucky defensive performances, poor refereeing decisions etc, but there weren't a lot of positives out there. And the least said about Monk's choice of bench and use of subs the better.

Britton gave the ball away almost as much as Vorm did.

I still suspect that we'll survive, but it'll be as a result of the failings of others rather than on our own merits.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Apr 13 with 1609 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Why did he wait until 86 minutes to bring on JDG? Is he still carrying a knock?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:37 - Apr 13 with 1604 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

Britton gave the ball away almost as much as Vorm did.

I still suspect that we'll survive, but it'll be as a result of the failings of others rather than on our own merits.

Oh we'll survive, of that I don't doubt. There's little honour to be taken with it though.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 1582 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:37 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Oh we'll survive, of that I don't doubt. There's little honour to be taken with it though.

Radical rethinking needed in the summer. Certain people need the limits of their power explained and reinforced. Others need a kick up the arse or a P45.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Apr 13 with 1581 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

Why did he wait until 86 minutes to bring on JDG? Is he still carrying a knock?

Doesn't make sense, particularly given how abject Shelvey was.

I know there aren't many Canas fans but I'm not sure why he wasn't in the squad today. Most possible scenarios called for a defensive midfielder to come on so for us not to have the option was poor. We were being battered for the first 20 mins of the second half and it was sheer good luck we weren't swept away ... Monk simply failed to adjust to Mourinho's tactical changes.

No idea what he's doing with the strikers. Presume it was Ngog's turn today. An utterly pointless substitution which took away any hope we had.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Apr 13 with 1581 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:37 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

I hope we do, simply as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow the club. Hopefully a brush with failure will make a few people look long and hard at themselves

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 1565 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

I hope we do, simply as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow the club. Hopefully a brush with failure will make a few people look long and hard at themselves

Relegation has its upsides too. Whatever happens, there needs to be a sitdown at the end of the season and look back at what has been a thoroughly shambolic campaign, both on and off the pitch.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Apr 13 with 1559 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:39 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

Radical rethinking needed in the summer. Certain people need the limits of their power explained and reinforced. Others need a kick up the arse or a P45.

Beat me to it. Aye.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Apr 13 with 1547 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:39 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

When is the AGM? Will the ST ask some searching questions?

I know this probably isn't the best time to ask such questions, but rather than ranting on message boards we do need to put forward some constructive questions about player recruitment for example. Or why a board member felt the need to brag about signing a championship standard centre forward.

Football people deal with the football side, business people need to deal with the football side. Or we are in big f*cking trouble as a club

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Apr 13 with 1537 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

I know this probably isn't the best time to ask such questions, but rather than ranting on message boards we do need to put forward some constructive questions about player recruitment for example. Or why a board member felt the need to brag about signing a championship standard centre forward.

Football people deal with the football side, business people need to deal with the football side. Or we are in big f*cking trouble as a club

Think that's one of the big questions ... are the right people running things, both on the football and business sides of the house. The non-footballing side gets criticised, and rightly so, all too frequently but we're looking rudderless on the footballing side too these days. Agree we need clear vision of where we want to head.

If you've got any suggestions then write them up and give them to the ST. They'll get reviewed and passed on at least.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 1529 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

The supporter director won't ask searching questions. On past form he's more likely to defend the club.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Apr 13 with 1519 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Doesn't make sense, particularly given how abject Shelvey was.

I know there aren't many Canas fans but I'm not sure why he wasn't in the squad today. Most possible scenarios called for a defensive midfielder to come on so for us not to have the option was poor. We were being battered for the first 20 mins of the second half and it was sheer good luck we weren't swept away ... Monk simply failed to adjust to Mourinho's tactical changes.

No idea what he's doing with the strikers. Presume it was Ngog's turn today. An utterly pointless substitution which took away any hope we had.

Monk fails to react to opposing manager's tactical change shock horror!

Monk in braindead substitutions scenario!

Who could have possibly seen this coming?
The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Apr 13 with 1515 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Think that's one of the big questions ... are the right people running things, both on the football and business sides of the house. The non-footballing side gets criticised, and rightly so, all too frequently but we're looking rudderless on the footballing side too these days. Agree we need clear vision of where we want to head.

If you've got any suggestions then write them up and give them to the ST. They'll get reviewed and passed on at least.

Any idea when the next trust London do is? I'll show my face as I'll probably be saying the same things as most other punters.

The timing of what I'm writing isn't great I know but we have to ask tough but fair questions. The work the board has put in is nothing short of phenomenal, but as Doc Winston said "the day we stop asking questions is the day we become like other clubs"

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 1526 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

Yeah, but we're more likely to avoid relegation now

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Apr 13 with 1518 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:49 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

The supporter director won't ask searching questions. On past form he's more likely to defend the club.

On this basis is there any genuine alternative via elections?

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Apr 13 with 1498 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

There are often elections for the Trust. The SD role is a pretty thankless task.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Apr 13 with 1498 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:52 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

If someone from the Trust board wishes to run against him I think.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:56 - Apr 13 with 1486 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:50 - Apr 13 by WarwickHunt

My biggest concern about Shelvey is that Brendan thought he couldn't work with him, and we've all seen how much of a job Brendan has done in transforming players like Henderson and Sterling.

He's got potential but f*ck me he's got more issues than SuBo. JDG should have replaced him around the 70 min mark.

And Ngog...

Why did we bomb Luke Warm??????

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Apr 13 with 1476 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Questions need to be asked. I raised this point a while ago. Our club has turned into a farce and the people at the helm have become untouchable. This is not a club run by fans for the fans anymore, the massive director salaries on top of the dividends prove this.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 1464 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

If someone from the Trust board wishes to run against him I think.

Do you have to be on the board first? Is that the case doc?

O yes Ux I can imagine the SD role being a lot of work - but... we have to challenge mediocrity. Our Niche has been punching above our weight. Once we lose that desire to keep doing that... we're in trouble

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 1454 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Questions need to be asked. I raised this point a while ago. Our club has turned into a farce and the people at the helm have become untouchable. This is not a club run by fans for the fans anymore, the massive director salaries on top of the dividends prove this.

shut the fuk up ffs, i'd put my life on the board at present, now get back to your settee ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 1454 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 19:59 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

Do you have to be on the board first? Is that the case doc?

O yes Ux I can imagine the SD role being a lot of work - but... we have to challenge mediocrity. Our Niche has been punching above our weight. Once we lose that desire to keep doing that... we're in trouble

I may be wrong but I believe so.

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:02 - Apr 13 with 1436 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City v Chelsea Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Apr 13 by Oldjack

shut the fuk up ffs, i'd put my life on the board at present, now get back to your settee ffs

Why are you only telling me to shutup and not the numerous other people now also sharing similar views to me regarding the board?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024