Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We go again 10:12 - Apr 20 with 4998 viewsColDale

I hate to start quoting Stevie Me on here, but we have to take that attitude right now.

Now is not the time to over analyse things, and pick out what's wrong with a team which hasn't performed in games 42 and 43 in a 43 game season so far despite the fact they were the best team in the division for the first 41 of those.

I know it's probably cliched bollocks but our job for the next three games is to do our bit. Looking at the squad, there's very few of them that have experienced promotion, and what we cannot allow us to put any extra pressure on them than what is already on there. Hill is right when he says that they want this every bit as much as we do, and I'm sure their weekends have been every bit as depressing as ours have been but tomorrow we ride again.

I think I am right in saying that even no matter what happens in the next two games, and if every result goes against us, then we will still be heading to Newport knowing we can get automatic promotion. That allows us breathing space, and whilst we'd love everything to be sewn up by then, if it takes till then so be it. When that fixture list comes out, who's gonna care about which game took us up?

Ditch the post mortems, and get yourself to Bristol. Let's pack out that away end and show our support to a magnificent set of players who have served us so well all season. They are our players, and they are on the verge of a magnificent and thoroughly deserved promotion. Let's dust ourselves down and do everything right to help them over that line. And if we have to do the same again for the Cheltenham game, then fair enough that's what we do.

Win together. Celebrate together. Team Rochdale. KHBA
We go again on 10:20 - Apr 20 with 3969 viewsboromat

Can we put this on a poster?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

We go again on 10:21 - Apr 20 with 3968 viewsR17ALE

Well said Col.

And for anyone who still doubts the existence of the FG's, I pity you.

As I said in another thread what we really need is to be focussed in getting over the finishing line, remaining positive, and still believing that the job can be done.

The FG's are at work (Mr. Cryer), but the task is still in our hands.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

We go again on 10:24 - Apr 20 with 3955 viewsFrog

Quite Churchillian Col, but I can't imagine there are too many Daleys who aren't a tad concerned. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for tomorrow!
We go again on 11:24 - Apr 20 with 3808 viewsYouTubeDale

We go again on 10:24 - Apr 20 by Frog

Quite Churchillian Col, but I can't imagine there are too many Daleys who aren't a tad concerned. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for tomorrow!

Agreed.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We go again on 11:24 - Apr 20 with 3808 viewsrobbowood

Absolutely brilliant Col !!!!!!!!!!

One of your finest posts this season (and you've done plenty)
We go again on 11:43 - Apr 20 with 3771 viewsAtThePeake

I think I love you Col.

Tangled up in blue.

We go again on 12:02 - Apr 20 with 3717 views442Dale

I'll top it....

We'll be wearing our yellow kit too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We go again on 12:07 - Apr 20 with 3701 viewsTalkingSutty

Good post. Tomorrow is a tough game and it might not go our way but we have enough in the squad to finish the job off in the two remaining fixtures i am sure about that.

In hindsight my criticism of Donnelly and Cummings yesterday might have been better saved for another day but i would love it if one of them rammed my words down my throat tomorrow....love it!!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

We go again on 12:15 - Apr 20 with 3668 viewsSuddenLad

We go again on 12:07 - Apr 20 by TalkingSutty

Good post. Tomorrow is a tough game and it might not go our way but we have enough in the squad to finish the job off in the two remaining fixtures i am sure about that.

In hindsight my criticism of Donnelly and Cummings yesterday might have been better saved for another day but i would love it if one of them rammed my words down my throat tomorrow....love it!!

This post has been edited by an administrator

As long as you didn't call either of them a cock, you should be OK !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

We go again on 12:23 - Apr 20 with 3644 viewsTalkingSutty

We go again on 12:15 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

As long as you didn't call either of them a cock, you should be OK !

We go again on 13:05 - Apr 20 with 3546 viewsValleySaddler

The good thing about Rovers is that the game is away.
The away support this season has been magnificent and even during losses the vast majority have stuck together as one.
There wont be one Dale fan there that wont have concerns about certain players and there will be many conversations before and at half time...BUT i am convinced the support will be vocal and encouraging during the 90 minutes.
Once Dale hit the net for the first time i am further convinced more will follow and the last 2 results will become a distant memory.
It is very much in our hands lets not forget that and we are very very close to achieving something very special....
We go again on 13:06 - Apr 20 with 3543 viewselectricblue

Wasnt there a recent football match where the tea ladies gave a team talk and it worked..
So how about a few dalies giving a rousing expectations team talk from the fans...
I Know KH wouldnt be happy....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

We go again on 13:33 - Apr 20 with 3474 views49thseason

Excellent Col,
The Bristol game will be massive pressure for both teams and that pressure will build as the game progresses. Its essential than whatever team KH puts on the pitch controls that pressure and does not allow it to explode. All the emphasis needs to be on forcing Bristol to explode and when they do we will have sufficient advantage to win the day.
The next three games are about ice not heat. Cool heads, clinical execution of the plan and total professionalism need to come together for 3 sets of 95 minutes or so. All the work done since pre -season has been leading to where we are now, the last 43 games have suggested this squad is good enough, the next three games will prove they are.

We go again on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 3438 viewsTomRAFC

Great post Col.

I'm still very confident, and I doubt there's a dale fan in the land who doesn't have absolute faith in King Keith.

It's also well worth remembering that some of our promotion rivals have games against eachother yet.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

We go again on 19:05 - Apr 20 with 3113 viewsD_Alien

When I arrived down here yesterday, the ground was bone dry after over a week of sunshine.

Today, the Brizzle pitch has had a good soaking, and now the sun's just re-appeared in this neck of the woods.

As for Dale's season, I'm convinced the sun will re-appear!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2014 19:15]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We go again on 19:52 - Apr 20 with 3027 viewsNewbury_Dale

Bristol Rovers had to make two substitutions before half time on Saturday. Presumably both players will be a doubt for tomorrow. No reason at all why we cant go there tomorrow and win the game.
We go again on 20:07 - Apr 20 with 3000 viewsMoonyDale

We go again on 19:52 - Apr 20 by Newbury_Dale

Bristol Rovers had to make two substitutions before half time on Saturday. Presumably both players will be a doubt for tomorrow. No reason at all why we cant go there tomorrow and win the game.

Both players pulled hamstrings according to their forum and will be out for the remaining three games. They are not a very happy bunch on there at the moment....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

We go again on 20:34 - Apr 20 with 2957 viewsClivert

COME ON ROCHDALE!
We go again on 20:43 - Apr 20 with 2942 viewsolympicdale

Certainly has a feeling of a day of destiny about it, tomorow.

Life is a game of fate.

We go again on 21:31 - Apr 20 with 2863 viewsRAFCBLUE

This season is a season built on togetherness.

All of these players have been here to deliver this season - there are no part time or short term players who are in this squad.

Every single one has contributed; the eleven that take the field tomorrow will do so to the best that there abilities allow. There are many others who if called upon will step up to the plate and give it there all.

We've had #brandonsbeard; blank pieces of paper; elation at last minute winners; despair at performances; an FA Cup that ranneth over.

Three games and 270 minutes of togetherness remain and whatever happens at 1pm tomorrow it's in our own hands.

KHBA.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

We go again on 22:50 - Apr 20 with 2776 viewswmgunit

Looking forward to and optimistic for tomorrow. The team have given us some wonderful moments this year. I hope they regain the confidence in their undoubted abilities and deliver another memorable performance tomorrow. KHBA.
We go again on 01:10 - Apr 21 with 2698 viewssandylaner1

10/10

lets do this UP THE DALE
We go again on 07:27 - Apr 21 with 2623 viewsfrenzied

id be happy with a draw ...can see a high scoring game 3 each maybe...if we do get beat i just hope its by 1 as ours and Fleetwoods goal diff is close ..it could be down to that at the end.

So far we have a play off spot with the first leg away ..with york southend or oxford as the likely opposition.......

Cant be doin with this!!!!!...Dale scrape a win today then on friday and its done and dusted( baring a massive swing in goal diff with fleetwood.).see im off again!!!!
We go again on 08:16 - Apr 21 with 2567 viewsboromat

Just on the train on the way down to the match and I'm surprisingly relaxed about the game. Hope the players are feeling the same way. Let's hope for some calm heads and free flowing football.

Up The Dale!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

We go again on 08:18 - Apr 21 with 2564 viewsfitzochris

Won't be there today, sadly, and am just hoping for a marked improvement on Friday's performance. We need to find the net today for so many reasons.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024