Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 48792 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 12:28 - Jun 4 with 6880 viewssmegma

Vic n Bob.

Steve Coogan.

David Walliams and his sidekick the bald Palace fan.

All about as funny as genital warts but more painful (ALLEGEDLY)
Worst Comedian on 12:29 - Jun 4 with 6875 viewsJamie

Michael McIntyre's stand up I don't mind, but on the rare occasions that he's on panel shows it's painfully clear that he's more an actor than a comedian in the sense that he constantly shoehorns jokes from his shows into the answers.

Quote possibly another marmite suggestion, but I really like Micky Flanagan at the moment.
Worst Comedian on 12:31 - Jun 4 with 6866 viewsisawqpratwcity

Worst Comedian on 12:15 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

So, so many, but these two eclipse the rest.

I apologise on behalf of Ireland for Mrs. Brown's boys. It's our fault and no-one else's. Like Status Quo, I really worry when someone I love and respect loves dross like this.

Lee Evans - being puny and squeaky isn't funny. Otherwise the stage would be full of twelve-year olds.

I also find Ricky Gervais unfunny, leaves me cold in fact, but I've heard good things about Derek, so will hold back until after that.

ricky gervais took fawlty's 'cringe' comedy and combined the doco format to make the discomfort more intense.

what's not to like...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Worst Comedian on 12:32 - Jun 4 with 6859 viewssix_foot_two

Surprised no one has mentioned Lenny Henry his whole working life has been a complete fraud.
Worst Comedian on 12:37 - Jun 4 with 6840 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Worst Comedian on 12:32 - Jun 4 by six_foot_two

Surprised no one has mentioned Lenny Henry his whole working life has been a complete fraud.

And his ex Mrs is in the same boat for me. And if she was in the boat it would probably sink. Now that would be funny.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 12:42]
Worst Comedian on 12:42 - Jun 4 with 6824 viewsisawqpratwcity

jees, i've got a problem with this thread because i like most comedians.

except adam sandler.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Worst Comedian on 12:55 - Jun 4 with 6781 viewseastside_r

This thread comes around once in a while and it’s a bit like music threads. Basically it’s all down to personal taste. I used to get het up about this sort of thing but not any longer.

There are some views on here I completely agree with, others I could violently disagree with (if I could be bothered, which I can’t.)

FWIW I am always surprised at the vitriol aimed at female comedians.

And then there’s Eddie Izzard, who seems a thoroughly decent chap, but whose ‘comedy’ has left me cold his entire career. However, I am entirely cool that others find him funny and that he makes a good living as a comedian. Good luck to him, it’s just not for me.
Worst Comedian on 13:00 - Jun 4 with 6762 viewsjonno

Worst Comedian on 12:28 - Jun 4 by smegma

Vic n Bob.

Steve Coogan.

David Walliams and his sidekick the bald Palace fan.

All about as funny as genital warts but more painful (ALLEGEDLY)

Reeves and Mortimer like to think they are Morecambe and Wise.
They aren't, far from it.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 13:03 - Jun 4 with 6758 viewsMonahoop

Comedians are a bit like musicians. Horses for courses. What's funny to someone is poison to someone else.

My hates of the current crop.
Sarah Millican, Miranda Harte , David Walliams, Greg Davis, Tim Vine, that Australian guy with one leg, Micheal McIntyre, Alan Carr, Harry Hill, to name but a few.

Useless has beens.
Jim Davidson, Bobby Davro, Freddie Starr, Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Jethro, Chubby Brown, Jimmy Tarbuck, Ken Dodd, Hale and Pace, to name but a few again.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Worst Comedian on 13:06 - Jun 4 with 6743 viewsDiscodroid

the last film by simon pegg , his fat mate and the bloke that plays the hobbit was the most calamitous unfunny film i have ever seen.

an evening with derek nimmo and deryk guyler playing nazi yhatzee would have been more fun.

oh, jason manford.just terrible

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Worst Comedian on 13:09 - Jun 4 with 6739 viewsJigsore

Worst Comedian on 12:06 - Jun 4 by Hayesender

Went to the Madness weekend in butlins last november and during the day there was a commedy set.

Most of them were very funny, but there was one American lady who's name escapes me who was absolutely dreadful.

It almost got to the point I felt ssorry for her she bombed so badly.

Anyway, imagine my surprise to only see her on never mind the buzzcocks a few days later.

Just goes to show, she must have some very powerful liberal type friends in the bbc

this lady?

she's alright by me, ahem

Lenny Henry gets a little sympathy from me because his routine (do impressions of my ethnic grandmother) was kind of funny when he pioneered it. Today is it just bloody old and boring... he should stick to his Shakespeare, he does a pretty good Othello

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Worst Comedian on 13:09 - Jun 4 with 6739 viewsheadhoops

Today I will be posting my comments like...

All American comedians - utter, utter shyte not one of them has ever made me laugh, except for Ronald Reagan - now he was an absolute joker. Aussie comedians

Sarah Millican and Miranda Hart - the difference between them and a bucket of shyte, yep the bucket. James Cordon, Michael Macintyre, the list of totally unfunny people goes on and on.

The good ones..... Milton Jones, exceptional live - never seen a comedian rip the audience as much. Reeves & Mortimer, Mike Read back in the day.

If Disco was a comedian he would be Frankie Boyle and Freddie Starrs lovechild.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Worst Comedian on 13:15 - Jun 4 with 6711 viewsA40Bosh

Worst Comedian on 12:55 - Jun 4 by eastside_r

This thread comes around once in a while and it’s a bit like music threads. Basically it’s all down to personal taste. I used to get het up about this sort of thing but not any longer.

There are some views on here I completely agree with, others I could violently disagree with (if I could be bothered, which I can’t.)

And then there’s Eddie Izzard, who seems a thoroughly decent chap, but whose ‘comedy’ has left me cold his entire career. However, I am entirely cool that others find him funny and that he makes a good living as a comedian. Good luck to him, it’s just not for me.

Now if I post that I get accused of not allowing people to have opinions and get told that we might as well shut down message boards if people cant have a point of view.

However, what get's my goat is when people come on threads like this and say that because they do not like (enter comedians name), then said comedian MUST be crap, and therefore IS crap, and furthermore they can't understand why the 100K+ of people that pack out places like the o2 each time said comedian tours does not make sense, because the comedian IS crap. Therefore everybody else in the world is wrong to find a crap comedian funny and they are the only normal ones because they are the only ones who understand they are crap.

I have 4 women in the house and I have sat through the dross that is Miranda. I do not FIND it funny, but cant be arsed to go and do something else so sit there picking my toenails for 30mins. However 100% of the women in my household think she is funny and laugh all the way through it. Who am I to say to them, you should not laugh at this women because she is not funny.

Do I get a shout at most miserable poster of the year?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Worst Comedian on 13:16 - Jun 4 with 6703 viewsTheBlob

Ben Elton.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 13:16 - Jun 4 with 6703 viewsMrSheen

Worst Comedian on 12:55 - Jun 4 by eastside_r

Spot on. It's pointless complaining about what other people find funny. Miranda Hart leaves me completely stony-faced but my family love her. I can't hate her for precisely that reason.

Over-exposure is another problem some comedians really struggle with, particularly if they don't turn anything down. Sarah Millican was funny when she first emerged given her different background to most stand-ups (working mother), but once she gets put on TV three times a week, how is she going to find anything new to say?
Worst Comedian on 13:21 - Jun 4 with 6682 viewsstonebridgers

Shappi Khorsandi is great for exercise. Every time she comes on the Radio or Television I get up to turn it off as quickly as I can.

Stonebridgers

Worst Comedian on 13:25 - Jun 4 with 6667 viewsPhildo

My nephew tried his luck on the comedy circuit a few years ago but could only do it rat arsed and he gave up in the end as an early death awaited if he stayed in it. His observations were that most of them had one routine done again and again over the years - Amos Millican etc and once they had done it once on TV they could not think of feck all to follow up with . The really minted ones pay for gag writers and therefore seem to stay fresher but really they are just using others - usually kids - material.
Worst Comedian on 13:28 - Jun 4 with 6659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 12:31 - Jun 4 by isawqpratwcity

ricky gervais took fawlty's 'cringe' comedy and combined the doco format to make the discomfort more intense.

what's not to like...

Good comparison. I actually think Gervais is talented enough, but I don't find 'cringe' funny. Was never a massive fan of Fawlty Towers either*, or any farce really.

Except for the blinding lines:-

Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war?
Basil: Me! You started it!
Elder Herr: We did not start it!
Basil: Yes you did – you invaded Poland.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 13:31 - Jun 4 with 6644 viewsngbqpr

Is it an age thing that I just don't find R Howard or J Whitehall the slightest bit funny?

Agree with most of the above - tho accept that, frighteningly, millions clearly do like Mrs B, Miranda etc

Have to say that I think some of the hate doled out to McIntyre (not just here) is a little over the top - he's been over-exposed, but can be a very god observational comic IMHO (very good routine about people who don't break their mobile number down into 5 & 6 digits). Other than that pretty much agree with disco's list.

Frank Skinner is a naturally funny bloke.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Worst Comedian on 13:37 - Jun 4 with 6623 viewsTheBlob

Worst Comedian on 13:03 - Jun 4 by Monahoop

Comedians are a bit like musicians. Horses for courses. What's funny to someone is poison to someone else.

My hates of the current crop.
Sarah Millican, Miranda Harte , David Walliams, Greg Davis, Tim Vine, that Australian guy with one leg, Micheal McIntyre, Alan Carr, Harry Hill, to name but a few.

Useless has beens.
Jim Davidson, Bobby Davro, Freddie Starr, Little and Large, Cannon and Ball, Jethro, Chubby Brown, Jimmy Tarbuck, Ken Dodd, Hale and Pace, to name but a few again.

I used to meet Gareth Hale in Petts Woods when I was out walking with my humungous lurcher Leo.He was an unfunny kunt in real life as well.Used to frighten him with my very best Eastern European accent and a bit of drool out of the side of the mouth....."you tv man,make the funnies,we play together very soon yes please?".He ended up sweating like a pig.
Happy days.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 13:38 - Jun 4 with 6620 viewsA40Bosh

Worst Comedian on 13:28 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Good comparison. I actually think Gervais is talented enough, but I don't find 'cringe' funny. Was never a massive fan of Fawlty Towers either*, or any farce really.

Except for the blinding lines:-

Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war?
Basil: Me! You started it!
Elder Herr: We did not start it!
Basil: Yes you did – you invaded Poland.

Brian,

Forgot to ask - was there every a "post-Lourdes" discussion on here about the success of your grotto trip and the outcome of the said Wembley occasion.

You must have put in some serious time praying in front of Our Lady!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Worst Comedian on 13:48 - Jun 4 with 6596 viewsandygg

Worst Comedian on 10:52 - Jun 4 by FredManRave

Adam Sandler. Ok, so he's not specifically a comedian but all his (comedy) films are utter, utter shite so he's earned the right to be included. Absolutely nothing funny about anything he has ever done.

I did like that film he did 'Click', where he has the remote control, and he fast forwards his whole life.
Worst Comedian on 13:50 - Jun 4 with 6587 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worst Comedian on 13:00 - Jun 4 by jonno

Reeves and Mortimer like to think they are Morecambe and Wise.
They aren't, far from it.

Morecambe & Wise did about 10 good sketches. The rest is absolute dross. Controversial, but true. That's why we always see the same old sketches on clip shows, because there was so much cr@p in there. Eric was without doubt a comic genius, mind. But they did a lot of rubbish. I don't think Vic and Bob ever think of themselves as M&W - that's just a tag they've been given. But they've had great longevity and their sketch shows were genuinely original and funny, while Shooting Stars was pretty groundbreaking in its way. Vic's kids show is ace as well.
2 lovely blokes, no egos there.

Bare bones.

Worst Comedian on 13:50 - Jun 4 with 6586 viewsShotKneesHoop

Good to see that no-one has dared to list Count Arthur Strong as being a poor act, however I agree with everyone else listed on this thread as a terrible comedian, - except for the inclusion of Ken Dodd.

You need to see Doddy live to realise what a unique act he is, who else starts at 7.30 and is still going strong at 11.45? Four hours of continuous giggling. Best value for money for laughs/

By the way, I'd like to add R'SWiPe to the list of shyte comedians and clowns, he's never made me laugh. I just cry at his pathetic antics.

Just as well he never put himself out as a footballer. Oh hang on, he did - now that is funny!!
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 13:57]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst Comedian on 13:52 - Jun 4 with 6575 viewsandygg

Andy Parsons, the bold twit from Mock the Week, is more boring than Millican.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024