Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Comedian 10:05 - Jun 4 with 48798 viewspaulparker

So last night after coming home from a gruelling hours 6 a side game
I come home to find Mrs P and daughter watching the Miranda box set !!!??? WTF
how many times can you find a fat woman with a stupid haircut falling over funny
anyway this got me thinking of the worst comedian and how bad comedy is now

so top 3 worst comics at the moment

Miranda Hart
Sarah F ucking Milligan
David Williams - yes we know your camp it aint funny so feck off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 21:08 - Jun 4 with 3349 viewsJigsore

Worst Comedian on 19:37 - Jun 4 by Hayesender

That's her. How the hell did you know that from the crap I wrote?

North American women comedians over here might as well be an endangered species :p

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Worst Comedian on 21:14 - Jun 4 with 3347 viewsBromleyHoop

Worst Comedian on 21:08 - Jun 4 by Jigsore

North American women comedians over here might as well be an endangered species :p

You just reminded me....Ruby Wax. Funny as herpes.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Worst Comedian on 21:55 - Jun 4 with 3306 viewsMonahoop

Worst Comedian on 18:10 - Jun 4 by R_from_afar

Ben Elton, Michael McIntyre and Sarah Millican are definitely on my list of the worst comedians.

I do find some Miranda Hart episodes funny but there are rather a lot where I sit expectantly waiting for the laughs to start and then I realise they're doing that silly "meet the cast" thing and the programme is already ending.

Surely, surely, Mike and Bernie Winters are the all time worst. Most 70s and 80s comedy isn't funny when you go back to it now but they weren't even funny back in the day. You know comedians are bad when they are eclipsed by their (mostly silent) dog.

RFA

Christ! Forgot about the Winters Bros. Yes they were the pits. Going back further in time , I could never get Tony Hancock. My parents thought him hilarious and could never understand why I didn't find him funny. Admittedly the old man thought his stand up routines rubbish, especially when he went down the route of writing his own material. His side kick Sid James was very funny though.

Best comedian for me, Spike Milligan, even funny when he was trying not to be. Now that is comic genius.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Worst Comedian on 22:35 - Jun 4 with 3274 viewsstevec

I'd nominate Russell Brand but not entirely sure if he qualifies as a comedian.
Not keen on smug gits like Stewart Lee either, seems to build his routines round easy targets.

Good comics- Frank Skinner, Lee Mack and Paul Merton.
Worst Comedian on 07:12 - Jun 5 with 3202 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's the script writers that have gone AWOL, more than the actors.

No-one around these days with the calibre of Simpson and Galton, Le Frenais and Clement, Marty Feldman, Barry Took, Milllegan, Barry Cryer, Cleese etc.

Listen to "Round The Horne" on Radio 4 Extra to hear what great scripts were around in the 60's, top was "Julian and Sandy" . Their Bono sketches were hilarious and they got away with camp double entrendres that the BBC thought were completely innocent.

Only Steve Delaney with the Count comes close to this lot.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Worst Comedian on 07:49 - Jun 5 with 3176 viewsngbqpr

Worst Comedian on 21:55 - Jun 4 by Monahoop

Christ! Forgot about the Winters Bros. Yes they were the pits. Going back further in time , I could never get Tony Hancock. My parents thought him hilarious and could never understand why I didn't find him funny. Admittedly the old man thought his stand up routines rubbish, especially when he went down the route of writing his own material. His side kick Sid James was very funny though.

Best comedian for me, Spike Milligan, even funny when he was trying not to be. Now that is comic genius.

For those who don't know, on Spike's gravestone it says "I told you I was ill" :)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Worst Comedian on 08:07 - Jun 5 with 3157 viewsSydneyRs

Russell Howard.

That is all.
Worst Comedian on 08:11 - Jun 5 with 3152 viewsted_hendrix

Worst Comedian on 17:23 - Jun 4 by izlingtonhoop

Patrick Kielty

This is so far the correct answer, the bloke is incredibly naff so therefore a BBC must.

Right don't laugh but before he became erm sort of 'famous' I went to see Jasper Carrot as he was touring the small clubs, he was unbelievably funny.

I think I read that someone further up this thread said that Monty Python wasn't funny???

Get a life Brian.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Comedian on 08:28 - Jun 5 with 3139 viewsPhildo

Worst Comedian on 07:12 - Jun 5 by ShotKneesHoop

It's the script writers that have gone AWOL, more than the actors.

No-one around these days with the calibre of Simpson and Galton, Le Frenais and Clement, Marty Feldman, Barry Took, Milllegan, Barry Cryer, Cleese etc.

Listen to "Round The Horne" on Radio 4 Extra to hear what great scripts were around in the 60's, top was "Julian and Sandy" . Their Bono sketches were hilarious and they got away with camp double entrendres that the BBC thought were completely innocent.

Only Steve Delaney with the Count comes close to this lot.

There have been a couple of documentaries on UKgold about the making of Porridge which were excellent. When you think Clement and Le Frenais also wrote Auf Weidersein and have been in america getting paid millions to script doctor shitty scripts for the last 30 years.
Worst Comedian on 08:28 - Jun 5 with 3137 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 07:49 - Jun 5 by ngbqpr

For those who don't know, on Spike's gravestone it says "I told you I was ill" :)

What's better again is that when the church authorities refused permission for that phrase, as per Spike's wishes, the Milligan family simply wrote it in Irish instead "Dúirt mé leat go raibh me breoite!"

Spike would've liked that final thumb o' th nose to the authorities.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 08:29 - Jun 5 with 3136 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst Comedian on 08:11 - Jun 5 by ted_hendrix

This is so far the correct answer, the bloke is incredibly naff so therefore a BBC must.

Right don't laugh but before he became erm sort of 'famous' I went to see Jasper Carrot as he was touring the small clubs, he was unbelievably funny.

I think I read that someone further up this thread said that Monty Python wasn't funny???

Get a life Brian.

Wasn't me Guv. I like Python.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst Comedian on 09:21 - Jun 5 with 3087 viewsJamie

Worst Comedian on 19:37 - Jun 4 by Hayesender

That's her. How the hell did you know that from the crap I wrote?

Katherine Ryan, Canadian 'comedian'. Saw her on 8 out of 10 cats and thought she was pretty funny, then looked on YouTube for some of her standup stuff and it was exactly like you said, totally bombed.
Worst Comedian on 09:40 - Jun 5 with 3068 viewsloftboy

I think most female comedienne are crap, trying to be one of the lads but usually come across as a public school educated tw@t

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Worst Comedian on 09:45 - Jun 5 with 3059 viewsTheBlob

Don't know how people can slag Python and deify Spike.They "borrowed" most of his stuff,I thought they were great in patches.Spike was a true genius,I loved the Goon Shows,sublime surrealism.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Worst Comedian on 09:50 - Jun 5 with 3052 viewsBromleyHoop

Get a life Brian.

This parrot is deceased, it is no more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bet she's a goer eh eh nudge nudge wink wink zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never made me laugh, not once. I do realise I seem to be in a small minority here but they leave me cold. Posh boys playing at being funny.

Worst Comedian on 09:55 - Jun 5 with 3045 viewsTheBlob

Worst Comedian on 09:50 - Jun 5 by BromleyHoop

This parrot is deceased, it is no more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bet she's a goer eh eh nudge nudge wink wink zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Never made me laugh, not once. I do realise I seem to be in a small minority here but they leave me cold. Posh boys playing at being funny.

I wondered when class would raise its head.
Well at least you're consistent.

Worst Comedian on 09:57 - Jun 5 with 3040 viewsBromleyHoop

Worst Comedian on 13:37 - Jun 4 by TheBlob

I used to meet Gareth Hale in Petts Woods when I was out walking with my humungous lurcher Leo.He was an unfunny kunt in real life as well.Used to frighten him with my very best Eastern European accent and a bit of drool out of the side of the mouth....."you tv man,make the funnies,we play together very soon yes please?".He ended up sweating like a pig.
Happy days.

Sweating like a pig as if he'd met a complete nutter in the woods.....which of course he had done.

Anyway, what do you reckon Loic Remy's current resale value is?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 10:00]

Worst Comedian on 10:03 - Jun 5 with 3028 viewsTheBlob

Worst Comedian on 09:57 - Jun 5 by BromleyHoop

Sweating like a pig as if he'd met a complete nutter in the woods.....which of course he had done.

Anyway, what do you reckon Loic Remy's current resale value is?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2014 10:00]

And you comment on comedy.

Worst Comedian on 10:07 - Jun 5 with 3021 viewsAntti_Heinola

Get a life Brian.

Jasper was/is a brilliant, brilliant stand-up - no need to be ashamed of that Ted!
His football bit - long before football was 'cool' was superb...

'It was a sea of Man United scarves. You couldn't see a blue scarf *anywhere*. Well, there was one. A Birmingham City fan was hanging from the end.'

'Carrott! Carrott! They got no cowin' Bovril!'

Bare bones.

Worst Comedian on 10:09 - Jun 5 with 3011 viewsPommyhoop

Anyone mention Jimmy Cricket?
He was seriously bad...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Worst Comedian on 10:13 - Jun 5 with 3009 viewsqueensparkdanger

1. James Corden (there is no escape from this c£ck, he even does kids programmes now)
2. Russell Howard (the only good news he can give us is that he has retired back to McDonalds)
3. Sarah Millican (nothing to say there that hasn't been said utterly pathetic)
4. Miranda Hart (not funny, not at all)
5. Mrs Browns boys (again all been said)
6. All members of the cast/writers for the BT infinity adverts.

That's just for starters.

I do like Stuart Lee and the Fast Show, Unlucky Alf and Rowly Birkin QC are particular favourites) favourite character.
Worst Comedian on 10:21 - Jun 5 with 2994 viewsDiscodroid

how did i forget ..leon griffiths @ minder.

simply brilliant

god bless you arthur and terry.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Worst Comedian on 10:28 - Jun 5 with 2984 viewsTheBlob

Victoria Wood
Catherine Tate.

About as funny as Bubonic Plague.

Worst Comedian on 10:29 - Jun 5 with 2982 viewspaulparker

Worst Comedian on 10:21 - Jun 5 by Discodroid

how did i forget ..leon griffiths @ minder.

simply brilliant

god bless you arthur and terry.

oh my Gawd, Hit im terry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Worst Comedian on 10:56 - Jun 5 with 2962 viewsBluce_Ree

I know a few people on here think I can be a bit politically incorrect and hopefully most of you realise that most of what I say is for comic effect as I'm just trying to keep myself entertained while sat at my desk at work but....

99.99% of female comedians are as unfunny as cancer of the face.

There's always a slight air of insecurity and a real sense of trying to pretend there's a good comedy vibe going on even when there isn't. I can think of maybe two that have ever made me laugh. An Australian lady with red hair who did a good routine about getting heckled in Leeds and Rita Rudner, who is probably not that funny but I was young at the time.

I wish it wasn't the case as I love stand up comedy and hate watching people struggle. I'd never heckle anyone and indeed wish immediate death on people who do. But so far, they've all sucked.

I need to second the shouts for Patrick Kielty. I nearly mentioned him in my initial reply on page one but decided not to as he's so irrelevant these days.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024