Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44373 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 13:10 - May 19 with 3545 viewsMonkey_Roots

Good.

I don't think its fair to judge him at the back end of a 'back end' of a season.

Full pre-season, big clear out, sir Les alongside, hopefully a few bucks to spend.

We all wanted to start afresh, we have a top coach eager to do well with something to prove, the so called 'experienced' managers have done feck all, so this is potentially a step in the right direction.

The clock starts as soon as the whistle blows to end this disaster of a season, he'll have my full support - lets see how he does.

URSSSS
[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:12]
Its Chris on 13:14 - May 19 with 3521 viewsAddinall

Its Chris on 12:06 - May 19 by Addinall

Here's one that will.Hope he gets a good start.Couple of early poor results and they'll want his head on here.

And there's me thinking it might take a couple of poor results in August before the vitriol begins!
Its Chris on 13:14 - May 19 with 3510 viewsTacticalR

And lo, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth amongst the people.

Air hostess clique

Its Chris on 13:17 - May 19 with 3480 viewsR_from_afar

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet but keeping him on will give us a chance to see what he is really made of. He inherited the mother of all shambles (thanks Harry).

Sticking with him may also help us avoid some silly transfers too because most new managers would insist on a sizeable transfer budget.

As for the tactical naivety, it seems some people have forgotten how he stifled Chelsea by putting Henry on the wing to counter Ivanovic.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Its Chris on 13:17 - May 19 with 3477 viewsTheBlob

God laughs at men making plans.
What would make this hideous tableau complete would be to offer SWP and Hoillet fresh contracts.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Its Chris on 13:19 - May 19 with 3442 viewsCambsHoop

Tony Fernandes and the art of planning...

Tweet: "Think I have got my dream manager. Not what anyone thinks. Take a while. Still a bit to go but I'm very happy. Press all wrong."
(not that I've spoken to anyone yet, and I'm not actually sure who it is, but he IS the DREAM MANAGER.)

"Oh, we won away at Sunderland? Erm, yes Chris, that's it, he was the DREAM Manager all along! Told you the press were all wrong. Let's give him the caretaker job until the end of the season and see how he gets on".

"Right, so we got relegated with a couple of games to go. Erm, yes, well, let's, erm, let's give him the job anyway”.

To (no doubt) be continued...
Its Chris on 13:19 - May 19 with 3438 viewsthemodfather

not for me....is he going to be ruthless and tough enough??
we don't need a player mate...we need a boss.
good luck, of course cos we'll need it.
Its Chris on 13:20 - May 19 with 3422 viewsjoolsyp

I'm pleased with this appointment. Gives us stability, is clearly a very good coach respected by the players and, importantly, sees us as a step up and has had a taste of the premier league so will want to get back there within 3 years. Philips and Fer played well under him so may well be persuaded to stay, at least for one season. Comes across in the media as committed, professional and ambitious, a pleasant change from some of the egotistical clowns we've had in charge in recent years. I'm willing to forgive him the SWP debacle and the West Ham tactics (or lack of) if we see improvement with a young, hungry squad over the next couple of seasons.

It worries me a bit that he seems to be biased towards hard-working but limited English players over our foreign flair contingent so I think he and Les need to get that right. Flair players can work in the Championship - look at Watford this year.

Welcome aboard Chris, you have my full support (unless we're bottom at Christmas ;-) )
Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 13:21 - May 19 with 3420 viewsBrixtonR

Its Chris on 12:22 - May 19 by Discodroids

fernandes and lord charles ramsey

'a gottle of gear and a gag of noggys nuts down the sprinGok lads , on me !!'

Fukin pissed off doesnt even cover it. well done fernandes yourve got your lord charles puppet. dont forget to let the air out of the dummy after yourve fu ked him.

still, you have bondy to blow him up.
utter utter shit...fu ck this for a game of soldiers.

am sitting here wondering if i can be bothered with it all anymore. 39 years in the bank and right now i cant stomach this piss take from fernandes. what a cntish appointment

[Post edited 19 May 2015 12:34]

+1

We're not even good enough to be Mickey Mouse.

We go from a (albeit sh it cnt ) manager who can't/won't coach to a supposedly good coach who it's quite clear can't manage. A good manger try's to get the best out of his assets end of.

He is the epitome of weak manger obviously getting bullied by Barton. Bad egg Isla not in the team while UTTER FKN CNT Barton Cronie SWP gets on the field. Oooh I wonder who put that idea in his head.

A total rebuilding job needed and we employ someone who has never bought a player in his life overseen by someone who has never been a DOF. Overseen by someone who hasn't got one decision right. But we've learnt from our mistakes, yes obviously

There should have been a full interview process with a proper long term plan or we should have gone out and sounded out Devlin and Warburton

But no lets reward abject failure FFS. Is Fernandes insane ? The only other option is he is skilfully further devaluing a toxic asset so he has less resistance to an asset strip to recoup some losses

Gotta go to Leicester though haven't even got a match ticket yet so might just stay in the cricket club while the games on. But I think that's it for me what's the fckin point. This season was a total wasted opportunity and the club has now descended into a bigger farce than just before Warnock was appointed but about 160K more in debt.

Thanks Uncle Tone
Its Chris on 13:21 - May 19 with 3409 viewsNov77

genuinely surprised by this, but shouldn't be, nobody rewards failure quite like QPR.

If its true that Les had to give the team talk at halftime on Sat that should have been evidence enough that CR is not the right man. Good coach he maybe, but a manager needs to manage players, he hasnt sorted out the defence, he hasnt instilled any discipline (players still getting sent off and club captain slagging ex players on twitter), he hasn't installed any discernible style of play, it's still lump it up to Bobby and see what happens.

Totally uninspring choice and smacks of the 'old pals act' from Les.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Its Chris (n/t) on 13:21 - May 19 with 3407 viewsNov77

[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:22]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Its Chris (n/t) on 13:22 - May 19 with 3405 viewsNov77

[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:22]

Its Chris on 13:25 - May 19 with 3333 viewsMonahoop

Comes as no surprise really does it. After all, no other manger available or soon up for grabs would touch us with a barge pole at the present time. Good luck to him. He's going to need it in bucket loads.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Its Chris on 13:27 - May 19 with 3310 viewsAitch

As much as I feel a bit underwhelmed by this I think the positives are
1. The appointments done early, not right before the season starts.
2. CR by now knows his good eggs from his bad eggs.
3. There should be quite a few players leaving so, a good chance get younger, hungrier players in.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Its Chris on 13:27 - May 19 with 3303 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm cool with this.

Give him a year and then see where we are.

He best not start next season with Henry right wing though or I'll be hugely irate.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Its Chris on 13:28 - May 19 with 3288 viewsJonDoeman

Already come to terms with this. I just hope his luck improves!! He has my support

It Is What It Is !!

Its Chris on 13:28 - May 19 with 3290 viewsQPR_John

Its Chris on 13:21 - May 19 by BrixtonR

+1

We're not even good enough to be Mickey Mouse.

We go from a (albeit sh it cnt ) manager who can't/won't coach to a supposedly good coach who it's quite clear can't manage. A good manger try's to get the best out of his assets end of.

He is the epitome of weak manger obviously getting bullied by Barton. Bad egg Isla not in the team while UTTER FKN CNT Barton Cronie SWP gets on the field. Oooh I wonder who put that idea in his head.

A total rebuilding job needed and we employ someone who has never bought a player in his life overseen by someone who has never been a DOF. Overseen by someone who hasn't got one decision right. But we've learnt from our mistakes, yes obviously

There should have been a full interview process with a proper long term plan or we should have gone out and sounded out Devlin and Warburton

But no lets reward abject failure FFS. Is Fernandes insane ? The only other option is he is skilfully further devaluing a toxic asset so he has less resistance to an asset strip to recoup some losses

Gotta go to Leicester though haven't even got a match ticket yet so might just stay in the cricket club while the games on. But I think that's it for me what's the fckin point. This season was a total wasted opportunity and the club has now descended into a bigger farce than just before Warnock was appointed but about 160K more in debt.

Thanks Uncle Tone

"Barton Cronie SWP "

Where did that come from I must have missed that piece of news
Its Chris on 13:28 - May 19 with 3290 viewsfakekerby

Its Chris on 13:07 - May 19 by simmo

"Rebuilding the club is our first target," Ferdinand tells the club's website.

"If we can make an immediate return to the Premier League, then great, but we have to focus on re-establishing the traditions of QPR. That will take time, but in Chris we have a man who is relishing the challenge that lies ahead."

This is for me the most important thing, one of the biggest positives for me, with Ramsey, is that he seems proud to be QPR manager. It's not a job that's beneath him, he wants to do his absolute best for the club and that's how it should be. People also need to remember that our previous manager was one of the most experienced and knowledgable in the game and was fcking awful from everything to the football to the balance sheet, so I have no problem with him not having a long CV of appointments.

Also, as above, he's a COACH, not a MANAGER. He's clearly an excellent coach and if we bring the right people in, under the right guidelines and rules relating to a new QPR way of doing things, then I am happy he is the guy that's there to improve them. His in-game mgmt has also been pretty good on the whole, he's reacted well to the match and made changes where needed to improve things, I think we would have seen that even more if he had people actually available to him on the bench that weren't injured or refusing to commit, etc.

I think you'll find that the Head Coach/Manager is the same role, with a different title.

It basically means he'll be reporting to an (equally inexperienced) DOF.

He'll still be managing the team, i.e. tactically and dealing with personnel issues, etc. He doesn't just get the cones out in the week. He'll be making the subs, etc, just like a manager would do.

For me this is a disaster, and not because I dislike Ramsey. I would have loved him kept on as assistant or promoted to a first team coach. But this just smells like a job for the boys, and the cheap option.

We are in desperate need of an overhaul from top to bottom and we have appointed two people, Les & Chris with zero experience of it. I would have been okay with one of them continuing their roles, but who is the experienced head? Where will they seek guidance? Kevin Bond?!

It's easy to say the right things; "wanting the best for the club", etc, but proving it through actions is completely different - properly interviewing potential candidates - I don't believe we've even bothered looking - and if we have looked it's gone no further than Warbuton or Clement... other clubs search far and wide for the perfect fit, from the UK or abroad.

For everyone thinking this is a good appointment, why? What has Ramsey proven? And proven enough to get a 3 year deal?... he's improved Matt Philips, possibly, he does get the credit for this - but maybe just getting some game time and confidence has played a huge part. Who else has improved under Ramsey? I can't think of a single player... Caulker/Onouha have become worse, Austin has done okay but was probably better under Harry... We're still performing the same as a unit, still leaking last minute goals, still defending poorly in general, still just knocking it long to Zamora...
Its Chris on 13:29 - May 19 with 3285 viewsLowerloftLad

Woking 2 QPRres 1 attendance 206

Ramsey out chants will start

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Its Chris on 13:30 - May 19 with 3252 viewsloftboy

Its Chris on 12:59 - May 19 by Hunterhoop

Good decision. From what I've seen since he's taken over, I'm happy with this decision.

I know I'm in the majority and I know it's easy for some of the more amusing posters to make light of things, but I think this is the right call.

There's been a few strange selections, which I disagreed with (but ALL managers make selections some/most fans disagree with now and then!), but ultimately he's been trying to do the right things: introduce youngsters, play those who are trying and care, create a culture of accountability again, not over praise players, change the attitude of the players.

I'm sure this will continue as he and Les transform the squad.

That's another key point people have missed. This is a BIG change in approach for us. He is Head Coach NOT Manager. All the power is not in his (or another manager's hands). I think this is a goo thing. Les will have responsibility for the direction of the football side of things at the club and will ultimately have the say in transfers. Ramsey is there to get the best out of the first team squad. He's a very well respected coach. Proven. We've been crying out for a good coach to "coach" our first team for years. This season he's been operating with players he didn't sign, who know they won't be here next season (regardless of where we finished) and some who really don't care. Next year, whilst the players will be limited in ability, I think they'll really play for him.

I like this direction. Les cares about the club. Ramsey is trying to do the right thing. These two will move us away from the "Bertie Big Boll*cks" signings back towards the club we used to be and want to be.

That doesn't mean I think we'll be promoted. I still think we'll do extremely well to be top half and most likely should just look to stay up next season. But if we do move in the direction described above. I can put up with that. I'll be supporting QPR for decades. I don't need instant gratification from the club; I just want the club to be the type of club I WANT to support. Let's take the best youngsters we have, sign the best players from the leagues below, play attacking football, where the players give 100% every week, where the players and staff want to be here. Then let's sell those good players on for a profit and repeat the above process. Over the long term, we'll get back into the top league in the right way if we do this.

Pretty much agree with most of that

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Its Chris on 13:36 - May 19 with 3175 viewsDiscodroids

ive just eaten 12 custard creams . the impact of appointing uriah heep and ever so humble ramsey has sunk in.

this is the first time in years i feel the need for a toot of south american spice melange.

i must gorge upon chocolate like some desperately lonely single mother in a high rise council flat surrounded by screaming brats that spends every evening on her crisis loan DHS sofa, leaking discharge , watching ' love actually'.. imagining shes martine mcutcheon as love crosses all boundries and hugh grant sweeps her off her feet for a life of bliss.

CHOCOLATE NOW !!!
[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Its Chris on 13:37 - May 19 with 3166 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 12:59 - May 19 by Hunterhoop

Good decision. From what I've seen since he's taken over, I'm happy with this decision.

I know I'm in the majority and I know it's easy for some of the more amusing posters to make light of things, but I think this is the right call.

There's been a few strange selections, which I disagreed with (but ALL managers make selections some/most fans disagree with now and then!), but ultimately he's been trying to do the right things: introduce youngsters, play those who are trying and care, create a culture of accountability again, not over praise players, change the attitude of the players.

I'm sure this will continue as he and Les transform the squad.

That's another key point people have missed. This is a BIG change in approach for us. He is Head Coach NOT Manager. All the power is not in his (or another manager's hands). I think this is a goo thing. Les will have responsibility for the direction of the football side of things at the club and will ultimately have the say in transfers. Ramsey is there to get the best out of the first team squad. He's a very well respected coach. Proven. We've been crying out for a good coach to "coach" our first team for years. This season he's been operating with players he didn't sign, who know they won't be here next season (regardless of where we finished) and some who really don't care. Next year, whilst the players will be limited in ability, I think they'll really play for him.

I like this direction. Les cares about the club. Ramsey is trying to do the right thing. These two will move us away from the "Bertie Big Boll*cks" signings back towards the club we used to be and want to be.

That doesn't mean I think we'll be promoted. I still think we'll do extremely well to be top half and most likely should just look to stay up next season. But if we do move in the direction described above. I can put up with that. I'll be supporting QPR for decades. I don't need instant gratification from the club; I just want the club to be the type of club I WANT to support. Let's take the best youngsters we have, sign the best players from the leagues below, play attacking football, where the players give 100% every week, where the players and staff want to be here. Then let's sell those good players on for a profit and repeat the above process. Over the long term, we'll get back into the top league in the right way if we do this.

The last paragraph especially.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Its Chris on 13:38 - May 19 with 3162 viewsTheBlob

Would have preferred Sue Perkins.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Its Chris on 13:38 - May 19 with 3161 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 12:28 - May 19 by daveB

Good Luck to him, it's an impossible job at QPR needing to create a winning team every week whilst playing attacking football, giving kids a chance but not too many of them and only at the right time, don't sign big name players but don't sign rubbish we've never heard of either, sign no one over 30 but we also need experience. Good Luck with that.

Its Chris on 13:38 - May 19 with 3155 viewsheadhoops

Its Chris on 13:29 - May 19 by LowerloftLad

Woking 2 QPRres 1 attendance 206

Ramsey out chants will start

that will never happen

Woking regularly get crowds of 2,000.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024