Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44372 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 14:50 - May 19 with 2554 viewsfakekerby

Its Chris on 14:47 - May 19 by Rangersw12

What his he going to have to do in order to change your mind ?

This isn't a short term appointment its all about the long term and actually building something for once

Yes he has made some mistakes but generally he has done a reasonable job with what was left over from Redknapp and I don't think any other manager who was available would of done any better

I think the time to judge Ramsey is in 12/18 months time and it could easily get worse for the club before it gets better

We've put two people in charge of a huge rebuild from top to bottom. Their combined experience is less than one year. And they're best pals, so no interviewing process was required.

Do you honestly not get why people are somewhat critical?
Its Chris on 14:55 - May 19 with 2540 viewsGloucs_R

Its Chris on 14:50 - May 19 by fakekerby

We've put two people in charge of a huge rebuild from top to bottom. Their combined experience is less than one year. And they're best pals, so no interviewing process was required.

Cant wait to see who the new CEO is!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Its Chris on 14:58 - May 19 with 2528 viewsstevec

I now expect..
a mass exodus of our better players, Phillips and Fer close on the heels of Austin.
new deal for SWP
a collapse in season ticket sales.

I hope Ramsey proves me wrong but I have seen nothing in the last 4 months to convince me he's the answer.
Its Chris on 15:01 - May 19 with 2521 viewsElHoop

Doesn't surprise me, i think that TF was just waiting for him to win another game and then appoint him, although I'm not sure what would have happened if he'd lost the last two games of the season.

Anyhow, we have to get behind him as this is our club and he's the coach. Hopefully we won't get a transfer embargo but if we do then maybe that's the reasoning behind this appointment.
Its Chris on 15:05 - May 19 with 2498 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think it all depends what your expectations are.

If you expect promotion then maybe he's not right man for job.

If like me, you feel that's asking to much and just want the ship settled and a bit of dignity he might be the right choice.
Its Chris on 15:17 - May 19 with 2443 viewspeejaybee

Its Chris on 12:13 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

We love rewarding failure dont we. I wonder if they have any sales jobs going.....

For a failed Salesman ????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Its Chris on 15:20 - May 19 with 2406 viewsdaveB

Its Chris on 14:58 - May 19 by stevec

I now expect..
a mass exodus of our better players, Phillips and Fer close on the heels of Austin.
new deal for SWP
a collapse in season ticket sales.

I hope Ramsey proves me wrong but I have seen nothing in the last 4 months to convince me he's the answer.

Why do you think SWP will get a new deal?

We could have appointed Mourinho and those 3 would probably be off this summer.
Its Chris on 15:23 - May 19 with 2377 viewsRangersw12

Yeah I can see why people are critical and we should of had an interview process but thats Rangers under TF for you.

We have done experience before and that was a disaster so I'm happy to give people a chance who actually want to be at our club and willing to put the club first over personal gain.

It might be a disaster and I'm sure people will be queuing up starting threads if it is but I'm fed up with the short term approach and want to be proud of the club again
Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 15:24 - May 19 with 2372 viewsdaveB

Can certainly see why people are critical and can't say I'm excited by the appointment but we've gone with experience before and it got us nowhere. Mike Rigg as DOF had bags of experience at other clubs and made a pigs ear of the job. Redknapp and Hughes both tons of experience, both struggled with us.

I've no idea if Ferdinand will do well in the role but there is not a huge number of successful directors of football wanting to come to QPR, the only way he will learn and improve in the job is by doing it exactly the same as with young players and managers.
Its Chris on 15:25 - May 19 with 2361 viewsSimonJames

Its Chris on 13:36 - May 19 by Discodroids

ive just eaten 12 custard creams . the impact of appointing uriah heep and ever so humble ramsey has sunk in.

this is the first time in years i feel the need for a toot of south american spice melange.

i must gorge upon chocolate like some desperately lonely single mother in a high rise council flat surrounded by screaming brats that spends every evening on her crisis loan DHS sofa, leaking discharge , watching ' love actually'.. imagining shes martine mcutcheon as love crosses all boundries and hugh grant sweeps her off her feet for a life of bliss.

CHOCOLATE NOW !!!
[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:38]

Is it whiskey o'clock time yet?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Its Chris on 15:27 - May 19 with 2344 viewsQPunkR

Its Chris on 13:17 - May 19 by R_from_afar

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet but keeping him on will give us a chance to see what he is really made of. He inherited the mother of all shambles (thanks Harry).

Sticking with him may also help us avoid some silly transfers too because most new managers would insist on a sizeable transfer budget.

As for the tactical naivety, it seems some people have forgotten how he stifled Chelsea by putting Henry on the wing to counter Ivanovic.

RFA

On the other hand, you forget how he persisted with playing Henry at left wing for the following few (winnable) matches.

Like most on here I thought the masterstroke of playing Henry left mid vs Chelsea was inspired. We only found out in the weeks that followed that it was no such thing, and he was continuing to play him there against all and sundry. At that point I started to wonder about our interim head coach. Then bringing on Shite-Phillips at the Etihad was a slap in the face. Now he brazenly comes out with a line about 'understanding' our supporters??! Pull the other one!

QPR - "shit but local"

Its Chris on 15:28 - May 19 with 2328 viewsDiscodroids

Its Chris on 15:01 - May 19 by ElHoop

Doesn't surprise me, i think that TF was just waiting for him to win another game and then appoint him, although I'm not sure what would have happened if he'd lost the last two games of the season.

Anyhow, we have to get behind him as this is our club and he's the coach. Hopefully we won't get a transfer embargo but if we do then maybe that's the reasoning behind this appointment.

"i think that TF was just waiting for him to win another game and then appoint him, although I'm not sure what would have happened if he'd lost the last two games of the season."

agree 100%.

im convinced that Fernandes would have announced Ramseys appointment ten minutes after the final whistle saturday , but Les being the tantric sting to tonys adolescent frankie abott, probably got him to hold off blowing his load all over twitter .

i very much doubt anyone else was ever in the running.

beating newcastle was the opportunity he was waiting for. were likely to get casually overwhelmed by a leciester side that has been roasting flange all week and on the piss.would have made himself look even more unhinged to the sports press by announcing ramsey as his kept man after yet another defeat.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Its Chris on 15:30 - May 19 with 2318 viewsSimonJames

Its Chris on 14:18 - May 19 by QPR_John

" would rather be relegated every season"

Out of interest where do you end up if relegated every season
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:19]

Scottish PL?

Its Chris on 15:30 - May 19 with 2316 viewsHunterhoop

Its Chris on 15:05 - May 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

If like me, you feel that's asking to much and just want the ship settled and a bit of dignity he might be the right choice.

Exactly Bazza.

It's about expectations.

I expect us to struggle next year. We could have got Klopp in and we'd still struggle because our squad will be decimated and we won't be swimming in capital to invest in the squad because of the upcoming fine and general financial position.

Those who have any expectations of us competing at the top need to wise up. Failing to compete up there will NOT be Ramsey's fault.

The situation we enter this summer is far far worse than when we last came down. We will do well to finish mid-table. Stability and QPR doing things "in the right way" (youngsters, buy low/sell high, work hard, attacking football, be a team not collection of individuals, etc) is what we need and what I want. I'm not that fussed if we don't do well because too many of the first team squad aren't actually very good! We have got to get away from this ethos of "it's all about a new signing/the next big name player".

Surely, we all want a club we can feel proud to support, that does the things listed above. We've all supported them when we've been outside the Prem before. That shouldn't be the only determining factor on how we grade Ramsey next year, ie. whether we're on course to return.

If you want the above, and aren't that fussed about promotion, short term results, etc, I struggle to understand how you can be so against the appointment and the team Les and Ramsey will make. Give them a chance. Les is the DoF; he's speakin a great game at the moment and he's walked the walk on a few issues; he thinks Ramsey is the man; trust him and give it a chance rather than presume you know far better. We don't know everything that goes on/has gone on at the club.
Its Chris on 15:34 - May 19 with 2292 viewsbosh67

Whatever we say, good or bad, he's the gaffer. Now it is time for him to prove he is a good gaffer.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Its Chris on 15:37 - May 19 with 2283 viewsGloucs_R

Its Chris on 15:17 - May 19 by peejaybee

For a failed Salesman ????

Yeah, surely that worth £40k a week?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Its Chris on 15:38 - May 19 with 2280 viewspeejaybee

Its Chris on 13:03 - May 19 by Discodroids

im trying to remain calm dane...but i never for one moment thought they would give him the job. 'not even qpr' i thought.

from wembley , 12 months ago to today, i cannot comprehend the chasm of incompetence by the club .

feel bitterly let down...when will i ever learn.

Disco, I have been trying to learn for 67 years ,but I think I am getting the hang of it.

Its Chris on 15:43 - May 19 with 2254 viewsitsbiga

This just stinks of lazy cant be bothered anymore from TF. CR is a nice chap but to just give him the gig like this is a big worry.
TF a few months ago wetting his knickers about all the attention he'll get shopping for a new Manager to yesterday going "what do you think Les who should we hire"?
Chris is a nice bloke Tone"
:yeah ok job done, bung him a contract, I'm off to an Air Asia board meeting, gotta dash" "Let me know when the season starts cuz I'll forget"

Hope he does a good job but I'm one worried R.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Its Chris on 15:49 - May 19 with 2229 viewsWestonsuperR

Far too many selections errors, the highlight/lowlight being the crucial match v Palace and CR deciding to start SWP for his first Prem game in 18months and then us all watching him play appallingly. He was given a chance to keep us up and win himself a contract, failed miserably and still got the contract.

Very dissapointing decision.
Its Chris on 15:49 - May 19 with 2226 viewsSimonJames

Its Chris on 15:30 - May 19 by Hunterhoop

Exactly Bazza.

It's about expectations.

I expect us to struggle next year. We could have got Klopp in and we'd still struggle because our squad will be decimated and we won't be swimming in capital to invest in the squad because of the upcoming fine and general financial position.

Those who have any expectations of us competing at the top need to wise up. Failing to compete up there will NOT be Ramsey's fault.

The situation we enter this summer is far far worse than when we last came down. We will do well to finish mid-table. Stability and QPR doing things "in the right way" (youngsters, buy low/sell high, work hard, attacking football, be a team not collection of individuals, etc) is what we need and what I want. I'm not that fussed if we don't do well because too many of the first team squad aren't actually very good! We have got to get away from this ethos of "it's all about a new signing/the next big name player".

Surely, we all want a club we can feel proud to support, that does the things listed above. We've all supported them when we've been outside the Prem before. That shouldn't be the only determining factor on how we grade Ramsey next year, ie. whether we're on course to return.

If you want the above, and aren't that fussed about promotion, short term results, etc, I struggle to understand how you can be so against the appointment and the team Les and Ramsey will make. Give them a chance. Les is the DoF; he's speakin a great game at the moment and he's walked the walk on a few issues; he thinks Ramsey is the man; trust him and give it a chance rather than presume you know far better. We don't know everything that goes on/has gone on at the club.

I don't like the appointment because I don't think Ramsey is the man to spearhead creating a club culture and playing style we can all be proud of.

Perhaps Sir Les has a clear vision of the future, but it's not been clearly communicated.

And by now surely everyone realises that TF is still utterly clueless about how to run a football club.

In the absence of any fact based, experienced backed, logical reason for hope, I fear for the future of this club.

Its Chris on 15:53 - May 19 with 2142 viewspaulparker

Its Chris on 15:05 - May 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Because I don't want Ramsey it doesn't mean I expect us to romp the division with Fat Sam at the Helm
like the majority I want us to play good football, bring through a few kids, and actually scout some gems , I want a good young manager who is going to be here for the long term , why cant we get a McNamara, Robinson, Warburton , Lee Johnson, Keith Hill, Nigel Adkins, Uwe Rosler,Phil Parkinson in at the club, and why the hell haven't we interviewed these men, about style of play, players, systems etc
are you seriously telling any of those managers would not be better or wouldn't be interested in the job
we have fallen in the trap of yet again giving jobs to the boys , Ramsey, Suckling and every other Spurs reserve who has been or will be here
I don't want promotion next year , im quite happy with mid table and a few good games ,
I keep hearing ramsey is a great bloke, and that he is a great coach , really ,no one has come on here and told me any different to what ive watched since February,
the man is 52 and has never been a manager, we have given him the most important pre season in our history and some people cannot see the alarm bells ringing
when this goes t1ts up , what's the excuse going to be this time on this MB about good old Tone

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 15:54 - May 19 with 2135 viewspeejaybee

Its Chris on 14:18 - May 19 by QPR_John

" would rather be relegated every season"

Out of interest where do you end up if relegated every season
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:19]

Sundays @ Wormwood Scrubs.Carrying The Goalposts.

Its Chris on 15:59 - May 19 with 2099 viewssimmo

This is a good point well made, and although it's simplified, it's a good reason for people to point at and ask questions. But as I mentioned already, we had Redknapp before, you couldn;t get more experience than that, and it didn't work.... Plus one of those 2 with limited experience absolutely loves the club and the other has a lot to prove, those can be massive positives for us.

Ultimately I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, although the results are not that important to me at the moment, so it's a little easier to do.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Its Chris on 16:08 - May 19 with 2043 viewsAgedR

I'm not against this. Somewhere, sometime we have to stop the churn.

It does feel a bit half baked and knee jerk, but, I think the last thing we needed was a short term fix (Allardice, etc). This certainly isn't short term or expedient.

It could be key to get an experienced number two in (Olly or Francis would fit that bill perfectly).

We so need to fill the infrastructure with Rangers appointments; Gallen, Furlong, Bardsley, etc.

Mid table and some stability with a return of core Rangers values would be absolutely fantastic.

I'll be renewing.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Its Chris on 16:12 - May 19 with 2025 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 14:10 - May 19 by RangersDave

Agree with Disco (not for the first time either)

Ram man isnt our man, and may never be.

He's been appointed by a man with no experience apart from football feck ups
Has a DOF who has no experience of his position or football management.
And is a man who cannot get a team fit (yes he's had time to work on fitness, motivate a team, and plays SWP.
His substitutions are laughable as are the timings of those he does make.

He aint a manager, he's Tony's bitch, Tony's "doesnt want to spend money" person, a cheap 'possibility' and possibly a complete liability.

Anyway, irrespective, he's in now, and i'll get behind him (a bit) until he only takes 6 players to Ireland for the pre-season against shamrock Rovers Girls under 15's friendly.

3 year deal? nice, if after 6 months you are found out and get the Fernandez 'kiss off'.

No manager would sign for less than 3 years, especially not the dream ones everyone on here wants/expects!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024