Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44371 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 09:38 - May 20 with 2350 viewsCiderwithRsie

Its Chris on 23:44 - May 19 by TheBlob

Ramsey is 53,is that in the "young"category?

I'm all for managers, along with prime ministers, vicars and policemen being older than me. Centre backs, less so.

If that still counts as "young" it's a bonus.
Its Chris on 09:39 - May 20 with 2347 viewsAddinall

Its Chris on 16:24 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

I give him 10 games before the knives are out.

They're out!
Its Chris on 10:06 - May 20 with 2274 viewsJamie

Its Chris on 23:30 - May 19 by daveB

Plenty of young hungry managers but the argument against Ramsey seems to be his lack of experience which would be the same argument against Sherringham, Clement and every other young potential manager

Could have had a look at Hasselbaink. Young manager with a promotion on his CV at the second attempt. Coached at Chelsea & Forest for 5 years before he moved into management and his first job in management was at newly relegated Antwerp with a remit to win promotion within 3 years with a young squad playing attacking football, which he was well on the way to doing when he decided to leave.

But then, we don't do interviews..
[Post edited 20 May 2015 10:07]
Its Chris on 10:17 - May 20 with 2231 viewsCiderwithRsie

Its Chris on 15:30 - May 19 by Hunterhoop

Exactly Bazza.

It's about expectations.

I expect us to struggle next year. We could have got Klopp in and we'd still struggle because our squad will be decimated and we won't be swimming in capital to invest in the squad because of the upcoming fine and general financial position.

Those who have any expectations of us competing at the top need to wise up. Failing to compete up there will NOT be Ramsey's fault.

The situation we enter this summer is far far worse than when we last came down. We will do well to finish mid-table. Stability and QPR doing things "in the right way" (youngsters, buy low/sell high, work hard, attacking football, be a team not collection of individuals, etc) is what we need and what I want. I'm not that fussed if we don't do well because too many of the first team squad aren't actually very good! We have got to get away from this ethos of "it's all about a new signing/the next big name player".

Surely, we all want a club we can feel proud to support, that does the things listed above. We've all supported them when we've been outside the Prem before. That shouldn't be the only determining factor on how we grade Ramsey next year, ie. whether we're on course to return.

If you want the above, and aren't that fussed about promotion, short term results, etc, I struggle to understand how you can be so against the appointment and the team Les and Ramsey will make. Give them a chance. Les is the DoF; he's speakin a great game at the moment and he's walked the walk on a few issues; he thinks Ramsey is the man; trust him and give it a chance rather than presume you know far better. We don't know everything that goes on/has gone on at the club.

This.

Why am I a QPR fan? In no particular order:

We're not Chelsea. I know that's parochial, but don't underestimate it - you can find ABCs all over the country, along with ABUs. Not being a bunch of glory-hunting gets who buy every trophy they win is a good thing, and TF has gone badly wrong in trying to buy success.

I'm from west London, even if that's not where I live. Trying to make us a global brand or get into Far Eastern markets means nothing to me, in fact on balance I'd rather we didn't if we can still balance the books.

We have the coolest strip in the league, or at least do when it's not screwed up by kit designers.

Since we have no money, our best source of players is the youth team, giving us players that we've seen develop from the start, players who have a real bond with the club because it gave them their first chance. Our second source of players are good old pros who have knocked around a bit but still have something to offer and are cheap. Our third source are mavericks no-one else will touch. These limitations will stop us ever winning the premiership but if used correctly produce a team that is far more fun to watch and follow than the title contenders ever will be.

I love the atmosphere at Loftus Road, no other ground is like it.

Frankly, under Fernandes we've been none of those things; not one. Some of them, especially the youth team, have been on the slide for years before that.

I'm not going to get all happy-clappy about Chris Ramsey but there is a chance, just a small one, that accidentally TF may have appointed someone who actually plays to the strengths of what I love about QPR.
Its Chris on 10:21 - May 20 with 2224 viewsPommyhoop

Its Chris on 10:06 - May 20 by Jamie

Could have had a look at Hasselbaink. Young manager with a promotion on his CV at the second attempt. Coached at Chelsea & Forest for 5 years before he moved into management and his first job in management was at newly relegated Antwerp with a remit to win promotion within 3 years with a young squad playing attacking football, which he was well on the way to doing when he decided to leave.

Nah.. If you squint a little bit he looks just like a Jehova Witness trying to flog a WatchTower.Or even that fella on Rising Damp. He'd get 'laughed' out of town.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Its Chris on 10:22 - May 20 with 2218 viewsBushman

Its Chris on 10:21 - May 20 by Pommyhoop

Nah.. If you squint a little bit he looks just like a Jehova Witness trying to flog a WatchTower.Or even that fella on Rising Damp. He'd get 'laughed' out of town.

Huge ego

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Its Chris on 10:27 - May 20 with 2203 viewsdaveB

Its Chris on 10:06 - May 20 by Jamie

to interview him though you need to make an official approach as he is in a job, if he attends the interview it makes it clear he wants to move on thus hurting his current job which he may need if he is unsuccessful. Also if you do this it completely undermines the current bloke in charge and shows you don't really want him.

The job has been available since February, any manager who wants it should have been telling their agents to beat down the door at QPR and push themselves forward for it but they haven't as we're as attractive as Kate Hopkins eating a hot dog out of Jimmy Savilles arsehole.

Three men were considered and interviewed for the job. Tim Sherwood who got a better offer and Rangers were put off by fans screaming at Fernandes not to appoint him. Paul Clement who said he'd come if we stayed up so that's him out and Ramsey who wants the job so gets it.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 10:28]
Its Chris on 10:30 - May 20 with 2188 viewsQPunkR

Dave, I'm off not but just wanted to say first - thanks for that delightful image in the second para Thank goodness I finished my breakfast before I read that!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 10:39 - May 20 with 2165 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 16:35 - May 19 by nightwish

Re Wigan this season,QPR will be in the same position next season such a bad appiontment

?????

Wigan stuck with manager who got them to play offs, then changed to another manager, then a 3rd - all to no avail.

No comparison to us whatsoever!
Its Chris on 10:41 - May 20 with 2162 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 16:56 - May 19 by RangersDave

Oh dear,

sorry but to say that who would come to Rangers with no 3 year package in place misses the biggest points of all.

After the recent 2 pant pulling downs by Hughes and Hound dog, you approach things slightly differently having learned. (not a word i associate with TF i'm afraid).

Its so simple its laughable......

1) interview prospective managers from a list, and whittle the list down based on what the manager replies to your questions (note your questions, not his)
2) give prospective managers a salary per year based on a years rolling contract, which automatically renews based on performance and league position.
3) As the manager would be a hungry, eager one, you also give him win bonuses and monthly league position bonuses making his salary very high providing he gets results
4) You tell him a sum which will be available to him for players for the whole season (2 windows) and tell him he must cut the cloth accordingly
5) You tell him that the better we do the more he earns and that a truly confident manager would relish this challenge.

Easy, points make prizes and longevity within QPR

Instead we go for (inexperienced) Les's and Tony's bitch because we are now cheap skates with no idea, as opposed to rich bastards with no idea!

Its so simple its a wonder all clubs don't do it!
Its Chris on 10:42 - May 20 with 2160 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 17:23 - May 19 by stevec

Maybe that's how TF plans to pay off the fine. Lump on the generous odds that Paddy Power will offer now CR is in charge, sack him around the end of October then go all 'Alex Neil' on them and clean up at the end of the season.

Now I can see what he's doing, I like it Tony.

10/1 to go down if you're interested.

No one will be, lots of talk and no action when its comes to betting on here.
Its Chris on 10:48 - May 20 with 2148 viewsPinnerPaul

Its Chris on 18:43 - May 19 by gobbles

Because those are the only options - Rednapp or Ramsey??? In the whole world of football, that's it?

We have a "first team coach" who got the job with no senior experience and a director of football who has never signed a player.

He can't b completely excused our relegation. The Palace away and West Ham at home games were enough to show me he was not the right man. Tactics looked poor, selections odd and he didn't seemed to inspire anyone. Also, who would trust a coach who would go to the papers to slag off his "bad eggs"?

Concentrating on youth is great if you have a bunch of great young players. The under-21s are fourth in League Two (South), the under 18s are seventh in League Two (South).
[Post edited 19 May 2015 18:48]

Contained in your post sums up what's wrong with football today.

2 bad games and he's out?

Look at it like that we could have 20 managers next season!

Surely we are all agreed that last few years have been a disaster and that in part is due to constant change - somewhere we have to stop and give someone a proper chance and that means more than 14 games with someone else's squad!
Its Chris on 10:59 - May 20 with 2115 viewsjohncharles

Its Chris on 10:27 - May 20 by daveB

to interview him though you need to make an official approach as he is in a job, if he attends the interview it makes it clear he wants to move on thus hurting his current job which he may need if he is unsuccessful. Also if you do this it completely undermines the current bloke in charge and shows you don't really want him.

The job has been available since February, any manager who wants it should have been telling their agents to beat down the door at QPR and push themselves forward for it but they haven't as we're as attractive as Kate Hopkins eating a hot dog out of Jimmy Savilles arsehole.

Three men were considered and interviewed for the job. Tim Sherwood who got a better offer and Rangers were put off by fans screaming at Fernandes not to appoint him. Paul Clement who said he'd come if we stayed up so that's him out and Ramsey who wants the job so gets it.
[Post edited 20 May 2015 10:28]

The Kate Hopkins thing

Strong and stable my arse.

Its Chris on 12:05 - May 20 with 2015 viewsadhoc_qpr

It makes me laugh that people like Gareth Ainsworth and Shaun Derry wouldn't even have been considered due to a 'lack of experience' - but then we appoint Ramsey who has even less!

Obviously you need more than just having played for the club going for you - but given the tough long term job ahead, people with strong affection for the club would be a good investment.
Its Chris on 12:30 - May 20 with 1979 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 12:05 - May 20 by adhoc_qpr

It makes me laugh that people like Gareth Ainsworth and Shaun Derry wouldn't even have been considered due to a 'lack of experience' - but then we appoint Ramsey who has even less!

Obviously you need more than just having played for the club going for you - but given the tough long term job ahead, people with strong affection for the club would be a good investment.

There's no reason why someone like Derry can;t be considered in some capacity. It will be interesting to see who Ramseys number 2 will be, I assume Bondy Bond will drive off towards the sunset (and hopefully not stop), so that leaves a spot that could turn out to be massively important.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Its Chris on 13:00 - May 20 with 1943 viewsDiscodroids

Its Chris on 10:21 - May 20 by Pommyhoop

fair enough pom!, at least jimmy does'nt look like he has to jump on the back of an eddie stobart truck from calais to get to work !

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Its Chris on 13:07 - May 20 with 1922 viewsPommyhoop

Its Chris on 13:00 - May 20 by Discodroids

fair enough pom!, at least jimmy does'nt look like he has to jump on the back of an eddie stobart truck from calais to get to work !

Oh yeah , I forgot about the tramp in the tatty hat.
You've certainly covered all bases my friend.
Ghandi as well.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Its Chris on 13:11 - May 20 with 1905 viewsR_from_afar

Its Chris on 14:37 - May 19 by paulparker

Simmo I normally agree with a lot of your posts , but I can't today
he clearly isn't an Excellent coach , please can anyone come on here and tell me what wonderful things he has done or how we have got better , IMHO we have gone backwards since Bagpuss left , 3 wins and 2 of those against a bad Sunderland & possibly the worst team ive seen ever at Hq in Newcastle ,
from what ive seen we are a shambles in defence , surely any great coach would start at organising the defence
we lack concentration
Karl Henry Left wing, someone said it worked against Chelsea, it didn't because we lost
and it didn't work against West Ham either in a must win game we couldn't get up for
we play a system of 4-4-2 that launches it long ball ,
his team selections are a joke, Hoilett, SWP, for starters,
and less said about the pathetic displays against City, Palace & Everton

no wonder Chris is relishing the job, we are the only mugs to offer him a crack at management and on a 3year deal , its jobs for the boys and nothing what so ever about changing the club ,

"Karl Henry Left wing, someone said it worked against Chelsea, it didn't because we lost": It's all water under the bridge now but I was using our *tactics* against Chelsea as an example of Ramsey not being tactically naive. He got the tactics right, it was the execution that was the issue: Green made a hash of a kick and the team failed to concentrate properly, a point you actually made yourself: "we lack concentration".

Anyway, the die is cast now. I don't feel there were many obvious options out there. Our model is not appropriate for Warburton, if Big Sam did come, many would hate him from day one due to his reputation for playing long ball football, Clement would probably not come to a second tier side overshadowed by massive uncertainty and McLaren seems to want to stay at Derby.

We must not forget that motivation and enthusiasm count for a lot. We haven't had a manager with those two attributes since Warnock. Would a great manager who wasn't excited about the job do it as well as a fully committed, enthusiastic Chris Ramsey or similar young coach?

Fully motivated and driven people who lack some skills often push themselves in an attempt to improve. I am looking forward to our team being managed by someone who is fired up and passionate about his job, someone who is proud be in the role rather than someone who thinks the club and role are beneath him and who subsequently doesn't care enough to put their back into the job.

Only time will tell though.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Its Chris on 13:21 - May 20 with 1886 viewspaulparker

Its Chris on 23:52 - May 19 by PunteR

We might as well had a great big flashing neon light with a strobes pointing to ' Manager vacancy apply within ' above Loftus rd.
Anyone who really wanted that job would have thrown their hat in the ring,but they weren't exactly queuing up down South Africa rd.
I think Ramsey must be good coach to get where he is now..
Ok he may not be be the next Mourinio or Wenger but we are playing championship football now not champions league,lets see what happens.
I also don't get the "cheap option"dismay. Surely with the financial mess we seem to be in the cheap option is not such a bad idea.
Im not a fan of TF,I think he's a buffoon ,but if Les Ferdinand DOF at QPR wants Ramsey in then I'm all for it. We've tried everything else anyway,without employing every manager under the sun.
Roll on next season,maybe catch you for a beer PP.

Will definitely do a beer or two next year PunteR

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 13:55 - May 20 with 1813 viewsSimonJames

Its Chris on 08:53 - May 20 by AgedR

At the danger of enraging Shotknees, the anti SWP reason against Ramsey could be a bit of a red herring.

Yes, we hate him and everything he stands for, but, you can't really expect Ramsey to share this strength of feeling.

He has stated that everyone has a clean slate. There have been pretty strong rumours that SWP has trained better than Tarabt, Zarate, Traore and Vargas (prior to his knee). It's not entirely surprising he's been given a run out.

Let's face it, SWP is Warnock's mess, not Ramsey's.

You can give SWP a clean slate, but frankly anyone who is happy to sit around on their arse rather than play football, even if it means going out on loan, is more interested in the money than they are in playing.
That, for me, constitutes a sh1tty attitude and an increasing lack of match play experience... therefore he doesn't deserve to get picked.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Its Chris on 15:02 - May 20 with 1751 viewsJamie

Its Chris on 13:55 - May 20 by SimonJames

You can give SWP a clean slate, but frankly anyone who is happy to sit around on their arse rather than play football, even if it means going out on loan, is more interested in the money than they are in playing.
That, for me, constitutes a sh1tty attitude and an increasing lack of match play experience... therefore he doesn't deserve to get picked.

But him not wanting to go out on loan long preceded Ramsey and thus has no relevance to him picking him.

Ramsey gave everybody a clean slate and promised all who worked hard in training would get a chance. SWP worked hard so got a chance. Vargas & Taarabt didn't so we're left in the cold. Vargas knuckled down and forced his way back into the team again.

Whether or not he is the right man from an ability point of view, from an ethos & disciplinary point of view he is perfect for the club at present.

I'm very confident that next season we will be a very disciplined, hard working team and should be comfortably mid table with a platform to try again on a better position.
Its Chris on 16:51 - May 20 with 1695 viewsMatch82

No interviews.

I might be over thinking this, but isn't it pretty standard NOT to interview people if you plan on appointing the caretaker manager on a permanent basis?

Can't think of many situations where clubs have interviewed loads of people for the job, then decided on the caretaker after all. Not defending this approach just saying maybe it's not that uncommon?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024