Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new director 11:06 - Jul 16 with 6635 viewsmightydale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/new-director-welcomed-onto-dale-boa

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

new director on 11:21 - Jul 16 with 6584 viewsD_Alien

Great news, and a fantastic CV to bring to the board.

This goes a long way to addressing one of the key points I was making about the board not having sufficient time/resources to make a good fist of things should we get a sniff of the championship.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

new director on 11:40 - Jul 16 with 6532 viewsBrierls

A cracking addition to the board. David is a great bloke, I'm sure he'll work his socks off for Dale.
new director on 12:18 - Jul 16 with 6422 viewselectricblue

Isnt it grand to have a board of directors who are supporters through and through and not owned by somebody who may have never seen a game until them buying the club...

It seems that this guy will bring a wealth of knowledge to the board.
Onwards and Upwards....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

new director on 12:24 - Jul 16 with 6400 viewsSuddenLad

Ideal candidate for selecting 'broken toys' for Keith.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

new director on 12:28 - Jul 16 with 6367 viewsYouTubeDale

Congratulations David. I see him as a super fan with the massive efforts he puts in with his travels. And now he is prepared to move for the sake of the club. As Keith says..."Wow".

It is his marketing expertise which I hope will bring much added value to the club. Many fans have been crying out for expertise in this area. I am sure he will supplement our existing marketing guru.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2015 13:54]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

new director on 13:17 - Jul 16 with 6256 viewsjustanillusion

fantastic addition to the board, met David and Simon , great Dale fans, like previous poster said could really improve our marketing
new director on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 6216 viewsShun

new director on 13:17 - Jul 16 by justanillusion

fantastic addition to the board, met David and Simon , great Dale fans, like previous poster said could really improve our marketing

Ah I've just realised who it is! Both fantastically loyal fans who travel the length of the country every match. Good people.
new director on 13:48 - Jul 16 with 6185 viewsflyerdale

Welcome on board David.....get your hands in your pockets........only joking😉
[Post edited 16 Jul 2015 16:24]
Login to get fewer ads

new director on 16:06 - Jul 16 with 6003 viewsdeeplishblue

Ahhh? but does he have any experience of flogging car parking space?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

new director on 16:15 - Jul 16 with 5968 viewsdeezel

Looks like he's got experience of the Wilbutts Lane Chippy tbf
new director on 16:23 - Jul 16 with 5940 viewsTalkingSutty

new director on 13:38 - Jul 16 by Shun

Ah I've just realised who it is! Both fantastically loyal fans who travel the length of the country every match. Good people.

A died in the wool Dale fan and a nice bloke. Could we be looking at our future Chairman?

The best signing of the summer.
new director on 20:39 - Jul 16 with 5693 viewsTVOS1907

This really is excellent news and having known David personally for a number of years, I know how much he will put into the role and how much he will make it his mission to continue the improvements shown on that side of the club over the last couple of months.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

new director on 20:42 - Jul 16 with 5681 viewsmacro

As TVOS says an excellent appointment as director, I hope this means though at away games that he’s not deserting everyone for the posh seats and will still slum it with the rest of the travelling support
new director on 21:09 - Jul 16 with 5619 views1mark1

new director on 20:42 - Jul 16 by macro

As TVOS says an excellent appointment as director, I hope this means though at away games that he’s not deserting everyone for the posh seats and will still slum it with the rest of the travelling support

Genuine question. Do any of the club employees, or board members sit or stand with the Dale fans at away matches? What about suspended or injured Dale players?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

new director on 21:13 - Jul 16 with 5594 viewsD_Alien

new director on 20:42 - Jul 16 by macro

That depends to some extent on the travelling support! If he's treated like any other fan that'll be the right thing to do. On the other hand, if he's treated like some kind of supernatural being just because he's a director it'll probably ruin the match experience for him.

Noticed today at Lord's that Andrew Flintoff was in one of the "ordinary" stands with his young lad, and just being left in peace to enjoy the atmosphere. That's how it should be done.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

new director on 21:19 - Jul 16 with 5561 viewsTVOS1907

new director on 21:09 - Jul 16 by 1mark1

Genuine question. Do any of the club employees, or board members sit or stand with the Dale fans at away matches? What about suspended or injured Dale players?

Some club employees and board members have been known to do so, as have some players.

Regarding the players, it possibly comes down to a lack of availability of seats near to the dugouts.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

new director on 21:20 - Jul 16 with 5549 views442Dale

new director on 21:13 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

That depends to some extent on the travelling support! If he's treated like any other fan that'll be the right thing to do. On the other hand, if he's treated like some kind of supernatural being just because he's a director it'll probably ruin the match experience for him.

Noticed today at Lord's that Andrew Flintoff was in one of the "ordinary" stands with his young lad, and just being left in peace to enjoy the atmosphere. That's how it should be done.

Agree with that. I remember before the play-off semi final at Darlo when directors were in the bar with Dale fans and it really was a case of them not standing out, having a pint and being like any other supporter. Leave them to it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

new director on 21:25 - Jul 16 with 5529 views1mark1

new director on 21:19 - Jul 16 by TVOS1907

Some club employees and board members have been known to do so, as have some players.

Regarding the players, it possibly comes down to a lack of availability of seats near to the dugouts.

Cheers for that. If they do , it is right for them to be left alone to enjoy the game.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

new director on 21:37 - Jul 16 with 5489 viewszxcvbnm

new director on 21:19 - Jul 16 by TVOS1907

At Barnsley some of the squad were with the Dale fans

Poll: Best loanee keeper

new director on 00:27 - Jul 17 with 5318 viewsYorkshire_Dale

new director on 21:37 - Jul 16 by zxcvbnm

At Barnsley some of the squad were with the Dale fans

No wonder we lost 5-0!
new director on 07:02 - Jul 17 with 5200 viewsPDIDDY

new director on 16:06 - Jul 16 by deeplishblue

Ahhh? but does he have any experience of flogging car parking space?

And again #obsessed. Just enjoy your new signing and forget about BFC

Gissa job

new director on 08:52 - Jul 17 with 5126 viewsdingdangblue

new director on 07:02 - Jul 17 by PDIDDY

And again #obsessed. Just enjoy your new signing and forget about BFC

The irony.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

new director on 12:42 - Jul 17 with 4938 viewsSwissdale

Just wanted to echo previous sentiments on how good an appointment this is.

I sit very near him in the main stand and his (and his son's) passion for the club is obvious. Guessed from his son's accent that they didn't live locally but to travel from Oxford to almost every home game (including night matches) really illustrates how much he cares for the club.

Hope this dispels the myth that board members are in this game for anything else than a love for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024