Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disco 10:42 - Aug 21 with 22342 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I just read a comment on the Leon Best thread - 'since Disco left'...

Haven't had much time to log on these last few weeks - has he gone from us?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Disco on 19:38 - Aug 21 with 2930 viewsPommyhoop

Disco on 19:33 - Aug 21 by 1BobbyHazell

Over to you Disco...

Agree with this Disco. If you know who the poster is get him f'cked off out of it.
Give him the option to leave quietly if you want .If he dont then let Clive know..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Disco on 19:41 - Aug 21 with 2914 viewsjohncharles

Disco on 17:47 - Aug 21 by kropotkin41

Well, I do seem to be in the minority on this thread - although I know there are others Disco has upset as much or even more than me.

I'm pleased for people who find him entertaining. I don't. I think his online persona is nasty. I have been told that in the real world he's a nice guy.

I could easily have kept my head down and not responded to this thread......... don't see why I should though.

Oops Peter Prince, I gave you a down arrow.
It's all about opinions anyway. UrrrrrrRs

Strong and stable my arse.

Disco on 19:43 - Aug 21 with 2902 viewskropotkin41

Well, I'm pleased to say that I've never felt the need to pm Disco anything, let alone something totally dark and unwarranted. Not guilty, your Honour.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Disco on 19:44 - Aug 21 with 2884 viewskropotkin41

Disco on 19:41 - Aug 21 by johncharles

Oops Peter Prince, I gave you a down arrow.
It's all about opinions anyway. UrrrrrrRs

I noticed the down arrow. Oh well, I'll live............ it is all about opinions, quite right.

Disco on 19:49 - Aug 21 with 2855 viewskropotkin41

Disco on 18:36 - Aug 21 by R_from_afar

I found a lot of what he posted whacky and entertaining although we frequently locked horns due to his trademark attacks on Labour politicians. Talking of which, no one has mentioned Yvette Cooper since Disco disappeared.

I was on the receiving end of a couple of nasty responses from Disco, one of which accused me of down arrowing a post on cerebral palsy. I was horrified at the thought of having done that but when I checked, I could find no evidence of having done it, but he dismissed my protests saying he couldn't be bothered to look. I did find out who had done the down arrowing and it was someone else, not me.

That said, we digitally kissed and made up and to his credit, he teased me about a few things thereafter, responded jovially to some old bollox I posted and even up arrowed some of my posts, as I did his. He showed he didn't hold a grudge and was a generally decent sort. He certainly added some (very psychedelic) colour to this message board.

More importantly, though, why have you got a bearded vulture as your avatar, Kro? Is it a new pet? Fabulous bird, drops bones from on high to smash them so it can pick out the marrow.

RFA

About an hour and a half from my front door where I lived in the Pyrenees was the only place in Western Europe where the Lammergeiers - bearded vultures, can be seen. The first time I went walking in the mountains there I set out to see them, and was lucky enough to do exactly that at a place called the Col de la Croix.......... amazing birds!

So when we had the change avatar day, I went for the vulture.

Disco on 19:51 - Aug 21 with 2833 viewsDoughnut

Never know what he's bleedin on about..most of the time, but enjoy it, all the same(esp. when the conversation turns to Dear Mica).
Disco on 19:53 - Aug 21 with 2815 viewsDorse

Disco on 19:32 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Yeh of course, but I can't see them can I? So I can't moderate them. Feet wouldn't touch the ground if I knew who it was.

It speaks to Disco's character that he hasn't named anyone for Clive to ban.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Disco on 21:28 - Aug 21 with 2613 viewsBrightonhoop

Disco on 19:53 - Aug 21 by Dorse

It speaks to Disco's character that he hasn't named anyone for Clive to ban.

Yes but that degree of nastiness isn't called for, it's so low I doubt naming the Knut on here or to Clive would harm Discos character, it's too good an MB for someone that disgusting.

Welcome back, Disco.
Login to get fewer ads

Disco on 21:53 - Aug 21 with 2561 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Disco on 16:59 - Aug 21 by kropotkin41

(On here - because I appreciate that this isn't necessarily in any way like real life) He's a nasty mean spirited misanthropist, and his posts never entertain me in the slightest. Nonetheless, as has been pointed out, if I or anyone else has a problem with raving unintelligible nastiness, we can ignore the posters we don't like.

I don't really like being called a c nut, but I'm old enough and ugly enough to accept that I'm not winning any popularity contests here or anywhere any time soon...... so, yeah, hurrah for Disco, what a guy! Come back soon.

If his posts never really entertained you in the slightest you must be a real fun guy. He's the most entertaining poster on these forums by a country mile.
Disco on 21:59 - Aug 21 with 2528 viewskropotkin41

Disco on 21:53 - Aug 21 by CroydonCaptJack

If his posts never really entertained you in the slightest you must be a real fun guy. He's the most entertaining poster on these forums by a country mile.

As has been pointed out, whether the posts are entertaining or not is a matter of opinion. As to whether I'm a fun guy or not, I dare say that you'll never get the chance to find out.

Disco on 22:10 - Aug 21 with 2501 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Disco on 21:59 - Aug 21 by kropotkin41

As has been pointed out, whether the posts are entertaining or not is a matter of opinion. As to whether I'm a fun guy or not, I dare say that you'll never get the chance to find out.

I think you would be hard pushed to find someone who wouldn't find ANY of them entertaining.
Disco on 22:14 - Aug 21 with 2484 viewsBrightonhoop

Disco on 19:22 - Aug 21 by Northernr

If people are sending PMs like that around we will close the PM facility.
If I find out who is sending PMs like that around you will be permanently banned.
If it continues I'll just close the site. I'm not here to provide a vehicle for cnts to be cnts.
Have a word with yourselves FFS. Absolutely disgusting.

Genuinely gutted.

Dont close it because of 1 knut Clive.

I wont encourage pitchforks and torches but I hope the scrote gets banned.
Disco on 22:20 - Aug 21 with 2460 viewsPommyhoop

Disco on 22:14 - Aug 21 by Brightonhoop

Dont close it because of 1 knut Clive.

I wont encourage pitchforks and torches but I hope the scrote gets banned.

One of the worst things for causing grief is those f'cking arrows.

Disco on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 2436 viewsbobby

Disco is a seriously talented wordsmith.
I make my living as an artist and writer and am often gobsmacked by the brilliant and surreal metaphors that he randomly and effortlessly spews out..
I have got a degree in creative riting but I envy that geezer's gift of the gab..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Disco on 22:29 - Aug 21 with 2421 viewseccles

Hey Disco!
Please out the cowards.
I don't want to innocently respond to people on other threads who have thoughts such as these. For all I know I may well have had conversations with them.
I have a member of the family that's got cf. I wish you and your family all the best.
Welcome back and don't let the bstards grind you down.
Disco on 22:34 - Aug 21 with 2398 viewsTheBlob

Disco's all right.

(That tenner hasn't arrived yet you bastard)

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Disco on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 2375 viewsPunteR

Disco on 22:20 - Aug 21 by Pommyhoop

One of the worst things for causing grief is those f'cking arrows.

It's the down arrows that give people grief.
I think the arrows are ok tbh.
Although i have noticed a few just use them without backing their opinion up but hey ho.

The biggest thing for causing grief is that bloody QPR team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Disco on 22:50 - Aug 21 with 2340 viewsPommyhoop

Disco on 22:43 - Aug 21 by PunteR

Although i have noticed a few just use them without backing their opinion up but hey ho.

The up ones can be a problem too mate. One poster gets slated and another one agrees by doing an up arrow on the post.
I never use them for up or down mainly cos I forget they are there.
You're right about our team being the main culprit tho,I think everypne was p1ssed off after that
Charlton game and it didn't take much to light the spark.

Disco on 22:52 - Aug 21 with 2336 viewsLblock

Mmmmm. I'd hazard a guess at one person being capable of such a PM. It'd be the same geezer whose Twitter account contains some pretty nasty stuff towards QPR staff. A right Scrote by all accounts

Disco - Rise above it mate. Whack on a track on the Guerrilla label, crack a cold beer at scoff at the pea brains
Failing that we'll batter the cookers!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Disco on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 2319 viewsBrightonhoop

Disco on 22:43 - Aug 21 by PunteR

I couldn't give a fck about u or down arrows, isn't that just ego shit? Anyone posting for an arrow up well......some folks are more eloquent than me, so the arrow just confers, nothing more or less.

The only time I've noticed the down arrows I was on -1 and it was Scott effing Jones. It made my day. If you can upset a Paladini stooge without intention or effort then that's got to be a bonus.
Disco on 22:56 - Aug 21 with 2314 viewsPommyhoop

Disco on 22:52 - Aug 21 by Lblock

Mmmmm. I'd hazard a guess at one person being capable of such a PM. It'd be the same geezer whose Twitter account contains some pretty nasty stuff towards QPR staff. A right Scrote by all accounts

Disco - Rise above it mate. Whack on a track on the Guerrilla label, crack a cold beer at scoff at the pea brains
Failing that we'll batter the cookers!!

This 'l cheer him up..
GO ON KEV MY SAHN.!!!!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 22:57]

Disco on 00:34 - Aug 22 with 2180 viewsFredManRave

Disco on 16:04 - Aug 21 by Recoilboss

Whatever his views - hit or miss (usually hit) - Disco's word invention or turn of phrase is/was absolutely off the scale, bordering on genius, not to mention the regular nostalgia nudges & nurdles. Evocative, colourful, creative. A wasted talent if his skills are not employed at least somewhere on a regular basis. All I know is this forum won’t be the same.

Completely agree. He wears his heart on his sleeve and tells it exactly how he sees it and has often posted some very personal and revealing stuff on here which is a shame because it gets in the way of the funny stuff.

All this reminds me of when Adel Taarabt didn't win player of the season! It never ceases to amaze me what some people will choose to focus on.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Disco on 00:54 - Aug 22 with 2142 viewsBluce_Ree

Crikey. Why is Disco getting PMs like that? He only posts whimsy. Which one of you motherf*ckers be hating on whimsy? I bet it's a Rob Green hating c0cksucking w@nksmith.

I've got your back, Disco. Who'd we need to kill?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Disco on 01:02 - Aug 22 with 2130 viewsHitch

Disco, come on up to the rising, c'mon put your hand in mine. Not being English a lot of your humour I cant understand. However the stuff I do get is usually on the point and very funny. Don't let 1 rsole keep you away any longer. Im waiting...
Disco on 01:13 - Aug 22 with 2101 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Genuinely stunned and dismayed that anyone should feel compelled to stoop that low. Chin up Disco, don't let the bastards grind you down.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024