Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holty 17:38 - Feb 18 with 22509 viewsroccydaleian

Holty on 18:38 - Feb 18 with 4973 viewsfitzochris

Holty on 18:22 - Feb 18 by ColDale

he's up at Hibs - don't know if he's catching though.

Mainly sub appearances. Watched him come on against Morton and he did nowt in 15 minutes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Holty on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 4949 viewsfitzochris

Oh and welcome back Holty!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Holty on 18:40 - Feb 18 with 4948 viewsJimmyRustler

Holty on 18:37 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Get Paul Tait back too....

What's Blair Sturrock doing these days?
Holty on 18:43 - Feb 18 with 4914 viewsThe_Knightowl

Holty on 18:33 - Feb 18 by TalkingSutty

Looks like a rough sleeper...just needs a can of Tennants Super Strength in his hand. Maybe that can be the dress code for Colchester on the last day?
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 18:35]

Looks like Peacocks is the new Armani will dust mine down and wear my lumberjack top with pride.....thanks Keith.....I'm in fashion.
Holty on 18:50 - Feb 18 with 4831 viewsKenBoon

Holty on 18:43 - Feb 18 by The_Knightowl

Looks like Peacocks is the new Armani will dust mine down and wear my lumberjack top with pride.....thanks Keith.....I'm in fashion.

That is the fashion now. All the hipsters wear them. I always knew Hilly was a hipster.
Holty on 19:00 - Feb 18 with 4744 viewsisitme

Hopefully he will be a good signing. Plenty of experience and a physical presence to take the load of Henderson. If he can chip in with a few goals all the better.
Holty on 19:06 - Feb 18 with 4685 viewsroccydaleian

Holty on 19:00 - Feb 18 by isitme

Hopefully he will be a good signing. Plenty of experience and a physical presence to take the load of Henderson. If he can chip in with a few goals all the better.

Hopefully bolster the defence from set pieces as well.
Holty on 19:13 - Feb 18 with 4621 viewszxcvbnm

Holty on 19:06 - Feb 18 by roccydaleian

Hopefully bolster the defence from set pieces as well.

The signing of holt will give everyone a lift. Should make Bradford an interesting day

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Holty on 19:19 - Feb 18 with 4575 viewsTalkingSutty

Holty on 19:13 - Feb 18 by zxcvbnm

The signing of holt will give everyone a lift. Should make Bradford an interesting day

It also makes Fleetwood at home next Tuesday more attractive. Just having Holt on the pitch gives you hope, he's been there and done it. Bradford away is tough even if we are firing on all cylinders, the Fleetwood games a big one.
Holty on 19:48 - Feb 18 with 4401 viewsLuke8686

Wouldn't have even considered the 8 hour round trip to Bradford a couple of hours ago but now I'm f*cking there
Holty on 19:52 - Feb 18 with 4361 viewsFrog

Which one is Holty?
Holty on 19:54 - Feb 18 with 4333 viewsdavidab2202

On a more cautionary note hope it all works out for us but also hope it doesn't ruin some wonderful memories of someone who we all remember so fondly for his previous stint with us
Holty on 20:01 - Feb 18 with 4277 viewsDaleiLama

Holty on 17:45 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Has Hill just finished a shift on the bins?

Very good.

Reminded me of

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Holty on 20:09 - Feb 18 with 4216 viewsShun

I don't care if he crawls around the pitch with diarrhoea seeping down his legs for the rest of the season, I'll just be so excited to see Holty in a Dale shirt again. My first ever favourite player, and still in my top two now.

This is exactly the kind of news that would generate a few kilowatts of excitement around Spotland and hopefully get a few more fans through the gate. I don't know if that was in Hill's thinking, but this is one signing where we could arguably see a greater effect off the pitch than on it.
Holty on 20:15 - Feb 18 with 4144 viewsDaley_Lama

Woooooooohooooo.

Never go back can go where the sun doesn't shine, we've got our Holty back.

Poll: DF in or out

Holty on 20:20 - Feb 18 with 3734 viewsLuke8686

Holty on 20:09 - Feb 18 by Shun

I don't care if he crawls around the pitch with diarrhoea seeping down his legs for the rest of the season, I'll just be so excited to see Holty in a Dale shirt again. My first ever favourite player, and still in my top two now.

This is exactly the kind of news that would generate a few kilowatts of excitement around Spotland and hopefully get a few more fans through the gate. I don't know if that was in Hill's thinking, but this is one signing where we could arguably see a greater effect off the pitch than on it.

Well it's more likely to get the fans in than the flamin' hot wings challenge!
Holty on 20:20 - Feb 18 with 3726 viewsSwissdale

Really happy with this news. Starting to feel not only worried for the rest of the season, but also a bit bored to be honest!

Hope superman can give us a much needed lift!
Holty on 20:44 - Feb 18 with 3558 viewsboromat

Exactly the type of player we need with the way this season has gone, hardly any good pitches left to play nice passing football and we've been getting closer to a relegation fight. If he's fit Holty will definitely be up for a fight :-). How many minutes until he gets his first yellow?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Holty on 20:56 - Feb 18 with 3480 viewsSilverDale

Is Keith planning to play him at left back?

Seriously great news. Sure he'll be fit and rarin' to go.
Holty on 20:56 - Feb 18 with 3480 viewsSaxonDale

I think for the first time since I was a 10 year old I might just buy myself a replica shirt and stick a players name on the back. Let's not get dragged into worrying whether he's the same player he once was, of course he isn't but this is the chance to see a cult hero play for the club again. For me he's returning to the club as a fan and almost as one of us because I'm sure there are other clubs who could and would have paid him significantly more. I remember speaking to an Arsenal fan who upon Henry's return said in today's day and age when trophies/leagues before increasingly hard to compete in these are the moments a fan should cherish- watching players you won't forget in 30 years never mind 30 seconds (Manga, Spencer etc)

Ps Hats off to Hill for managing to lift the entire fanbase in one afternoon.
Holty on 21:04 - Feb 18 with 3427 viewsolympicdale

but can he get in ahead of Bunney..

Life is a game of fate.

Holty on 21:07 - Feb 18 with 3390 views442Dale

Holty on 20:56 - Feb 18 by SaxonDale

I think for the first time since I was a 10 year old I might just buy myself a replica shirt and stick a players name on the back. Let's not get dragged into worrying whether he's the same player he once was, of course he isn't but this is the chance to see a cult hero play for the club again. For me he's returning to the club as a fan and almost as one of us because I'm sure there are other clubs who could and would have paid him significantly more. I remember speaking to an Arsenal fan who upon Henry's return said in today's day and age when trophies/leagues before increasingly hard to compete in these are the moments a fan should cherish- watching players you won't forget in 30 years never mind 30 seconds (Manga, Spencer etc)

Ps Hats off to Hill for managing to lift the entire fanbase in one afternoon.

That last line is it. Total credit to the manager on this one.

Football is a strange thing. We don't even expect Holty to come back and turn our season around, just being back is enough for now.

Same as when Steve Taylor returned in 1989. Watch Holt claim an own goal he was in the same postcode as like Taylor did v Hereford.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Holty on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 3361 viewsTVOS1907

Holty on 21:07 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

That last line is it. Total credit to the manager on this one.

Football is a strange thing. We don't even expect Holty to come back and turn our season around, just being back is enough for now.

Same as when Steve Taylor returned in 1989. Watch Holt claim an own goal he was in the same postcode as like Taylor did v Hereford.

Crowd 1,088 or summat!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Holty on 23:00 - Feb 18 with 2926 viewsD_Dale

Holty on 18:28 - Feb 18 by WhiteyBFC

Saw him for Huddersfield last season a few times when the missus' lad was there. On loan so only saw him a handful of times but he still had ability. No pace whatsoever, didn't move much but he held the ball up brilliantly, linked up play and bullied defenders. Scored a couple of goals too.

He then did his ACL I think, and not really kept track of him since.

Huge boost of an arrival I imagine. Surely it will tempt folk back to Spotland, if nothing else? And his arrival will probably bring the best out of others, he's got that kind of personality. Only met him once and he was very pleasant, very down to earth.

Chuffed for you's. Hope it works well.

PS - How good does Keef look?

The last time he scored was when on loan at Huddersfield - the third goal in a 3-0 win against Nottingham Forest, on 1 November 2014.

Wigan paid Norwich £2m for him at the start of the 2013-14 season, and you maybe recall his first appearance when he scored in Wigan's 4-0 win at Oakwell. But he got only one more goal for Wigan, finishing the season back in the Premiership at Aston Villa (1 goal in 10 appearances).

He last played this season on Boxing Day, as an 89th minute sub for Wolves.
Holty on 00:18 - Feb 19 with 2746 viewsrobtheb

Holty on 18:37 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

Get Paul Tait back too....

And Logan in goal...............made!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024