Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being pro-active. 06:29 - Jun 3 with 8303 viewsTalkingSutty

The Club are pinning their hopes on Season Ticket sales by targeting the school children so whether we agree with their policies or not what plans are in place to reach out to those people? Does anybody have any ideas that could give the Club a push with the sales?

Maybe the Club could target each area such as Littleborough, Shawclough, Norden etc by taking out the mini bus and parking it up in a prominent area and distributing the tickets from the van by taking a member of staff, drag Desmond Dragon along also. Maybe get permission from local supermarkets to use a parking spot. Advertise the fact you will be there on the day and give away some freebies etc.

A fun day needs organising also to get the kids up to the Club, access all area of the Stadium and pick your free seat for the season. Advertise it extensively as each child under 11 gets a FREE season ticket.

Why not send a Free under 11 season ticket to EACH Goldbond member to distribute to somebody they know ( their own child/ grandchild/ neighbour etc) as a thank you for their loyal custom. That could be maybe 12000 tickets in one stroke. To activate the ST and show intention the recipient needs to contact the Club with a e- mail address. Why does the ST have to be in the form of a book, why can't it just be a cheap laminated card that they show at the turnstiles, the ten quid cost can be abolished then. Obviously distributing 12000 tickets might only result in 10% being utilised , it's a quick way of getting the tickets out there though.

In short, sticking up a few posters isn't going to work, the Club need to get out and be pro- active. Ditch the ten quid fee and give them away at Tesco and Asda with every 50 quid spend if need be. Two Thirds of the ground is empty at most games, so let's get the seats filled.

The ten quid admin fee is a big stumbling block because it then involves administration issues. That means it's difficult to just hand over FREE Season Tickets on the spot in different locations. Like I said.a cheap laminated pass would have done the job. I think the best case scenario anyway is attracting maybe around 1000 extra youngsters to the games so they wouldn't necessarily need their own seat.

The Clubs plan could work but it needs to be taken out to its target audience , you can't expect under 11 kids to make their own way up to the Stadium and start flashing tenners around.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2016 6:37]
Being pro-active. on 15:45 - Jun 5 with 2839 viewsisitme

There is a serious child protection issue if young children are attending games without being supervised by an adult. If they have an accident the club would be liable and heaven forbid if something worse happened. There are a lot of strange people about. Whose is to say that a young, unaccompanied child might fall pray to a sexual predator?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 15:48]
Being pro-active. on 15:55 - Jun 5 with 2810 viewsTVOS1907

Being pro-active. on 15:45 - Jun 5 by isitme

There is a serious child protection issue if young children are attending games without being supervised by an adult. If they have an accident the club would be liable and heaven forbid if something worse happened. There are a lot of strange people about. Whose is to say that a young, unaccompanied child might fall pray to a sexual predator?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 15:48]

I think that's what roccy is getting at.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Being pro-active. on 16:12 - Jun 5 with 2779 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 14:53 - Jun 5 by MoonyDale

Taken from their terms and conditions of entry....It's actually 12 years old not 13 as I stated. I blame the hangover.....

17.1.5 The minimum age to attend a Match at the Ground for unaccompanied juniors is 12 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the final decision on admission to the Ground belongs to the Box Office Manager.

Thanks MD , i wasn't aware of that.
Being pro-active. on 16:36 - Jun 5 with 2748 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 15:55 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

I think that's what roccy is getting at.

Correct TVOS. So while i applaud the offer to get youngsters in with free ST's , does it stipulate on the ST's that they have to be accompanied by an adult if this is the case?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 16:44]
Being pro-active. on 17:38 - Jun 5 with 2693 viewsdawlishdale

Being pro-active. on 16:36 - Jun 5 by roccydaleian

Correct TVOS. So while i applaud the offer to get youngsters in with free ST's , does it stipulate on the ST's that they have to be accompanied by an adult if this is the case?
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 16:44]

In the Ground regulations section of the Official Site it does state that any person must consent to the use of CCTV images, but if the person is under 18, then the accompanying adult, parent or carer shall be deemed to have given consent on their behalf.

Whilst not being clear, this does seem to suggest that an under 18 should be with an adult to gain entry to the ground, as they can't consent to CCTV images of them being taken (and probably can't give their consent to the ground regulations as a whole)

This needs clarifying by the club. If the under 11 season ticket holders have to be accompanied by an adult, it blows the free season ticket offer out of the water in terms of attracting new juniors whose parents are not existing supporters. Rather than 30 odd thousand, you are probably looking at a few hundred who qualify if this is the case.

I guess we will see when it's first home game time. If the club are right, we will run out to a packed Spotland; full of thousands of new young faces. If the sceptics are correct, there will be a couple of hundred new juniors at best. Time will tell.
Being pro-active. on 19:22 - Jun 5 with 2619 viewsMoonyDale

Being pro-active. on 17:38 - Jun 5 by dawlishdale

In the Ground regulations section of the Official Site it does state that any person must consent to the use of CCTV images, but if the person is under 18, then the accompanying adult, parent or carer shall be deemed to have given consent on their behalf.

Whilst not being clear, this does seem to suggest that an under 18 should be with an adult to gain entry to the ground, as they can't consent to CCTV images of them being taken (and probably can't give their consent to the ground regulations as a whole)

This needs clarifying by the club. If the under 11 season ticket holders have to be accompanied by an adult, it blows the free season ticket offer out of the water in terms of attracting new juniors whose parents are not existing supporters. Rather than 30 odd thousand, you are probably looking at a few hundred who qualify if this is the case.

I guess we will see when it's first home game time. If the club are right, we will run out to a packed Spotland; full of thousands of new young faces. If the sceptics are correct, there will be a couple of hundred new juniors at best. Time will tell.

I would take a wild stab at your final sentence being close to what will happen......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Being pro-active. on 16:38 - Jun 6 with 2510 viewsdalestats

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/thank-you-3136340.aspx

Poll: Remain in the eu

Being pro-active. on 16:46 - Jun 6 with 2491 viewsSuddenLad

Doesn't say whether they were a 'record' number of sales, though he does seem encouraged.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Being pro-active. on 17:05 - Jun 6 with 2473 views442Dale

Being pro-active. on 16:38 - Jun 6 by dalestats

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/thank-you-3136340.aspx

Good to hear that things have gone well despite the obvious concerns raised. It's also great that there's a marketing campaign planned for schools, the issues raised by some in this thread about adults accompanying kids will probably be in the literature kids come home with/has gone out to the schools.

Would it be too late to say that any adult ST bought with a kids one can take advantage of the SPP benefits? It may encourage adults to buy when they get one for their child. If the first newer fans know about the ST is when their kids brings something home in the next few weeks, why not offer them the opportunity to get SPP benefits if it clinches a few more new adult ST holders?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Being pro-active. on 20:33 - Jun 6 with 2368 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 17:05 - Jun 6 by 442Dale

Good to hear that things have gone well despite the obvious concerns raised. It's also great that there's a marketing campaign planned for schools, the issues raised by some in this thread about adults accompanying kids will probably be in the literature kids come home with/has gone out to the schools.

Would it be too late to say that any adult ST bought with a kids one can take advantage of the SPP benefits? It may encourage adults to buy when they get one for their child. If the first newer fans know about the ST is when their kids brings something home in the next few weeks, why not offer them the opportunity to get SPP benefits if it clinches a few more new adult ST holders?

Good point about the SPP benefits and it's great to hear that despite the negative forecast from some fans , myself included, the pricing of the Season Tickets has not had a detrimental effect on the numbers purchased. A big push with the Schools now should ensure a better atmosphere in Spotland next season, something Hilly and the team deserve.

The Club are happy with Season Ticket Sales so credit where it's due, they pitched the tickets at the right price otherwise there wouldn't have been a successful uptake.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 20:37]
Being pro-active. on 20:48 - Jun 6 with 2351 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 20:33 - Jun 6 by TalkingSutty

Good point about the SPP benefits and it's great to hear that despite the negative forecast from some fans , myself included, the pricing of the Season Tickets has not had a detrimental effect on the numbers purchased. A big push with the Schools now should ensure a better atmosphere in Spotland next season, something Hilly and the team deserve.

The Club are happy with Season Ticket Sales so credit where it's due, they pitched the tickets at the right price otherwise there wouldn't have been a successful uptake.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 20:37]

Mm, no figures on the take up. I'd love to see how many ST's have been sold and the breakdown of how many have gone to each category.
Being pro-active. on 21:33 - Jun 6 with 2302 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 20:48 - Jun 6 by roccydaleian

Mm, no figures on the take up. I'd love to see how many ST's have been sold and the breakdown of how many have gone to each category.

I would imagine the Club will be keen to reveal the figures on the OS and show the breakdown, it will highlight the success of the initiative and also encourage others who decided not to renew to jump on the bandwagon the following season. One thing you don't do is hide good news, and this is good news.

I would imagine the figures will be revealed towards the end of August, I seem to remember something similar a few years ago.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 21:35]
Being pro-active. on 21:36 - Jun 6 with 2290 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 21:33 - Jun 6 by TalkingSutty

I would imagine the Club will be keen to reveal the figures on the OS and show the breakdown, it will highlight the success of the initiative and also encourage others who decided not to renew to jump on the bandwagon the following season. One thing you don't do is hide good news, and this is good news.

I would imagine the figures will be revealed towards the end of August, I seem to remember something similar a few years ago.

Would you like to put a bet on that?
Being pro-active. on 21:42 - Jun 6 with 2281 views442Dale

Being pro-active. on 21:33 - Jun 6 by TalkingSutty

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/join-the-journey-with-a-dale-season-ti

Over 1000 in the SPP last season, so it's excellent if numbers are up this time around.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Being pro-active. on 21:44 - Jun 6 with 2274 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 21:36 - Jun 6 by roccydaleian

Would you like to put a bet on that?

If you want, why wouldn't they? It's a positive story so there's no reason why not. Giving a breakdown of ST holders in different age brackets isn't something that's subjected to the Official Secrets Act and if youngsters can see that it's cool to be a Dale Fan then maybe it will encourage others to copy their mates. It's all about promoting the positives.
Being pro-active. on 21:46 - Jun 6 with 2222 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 21:42 - Jun 6 by 442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/join-the-journey-with-a-dale-season-ti

Over 1000 in the SPP last season, so it's excellent if numbers are up this time around.

Fair enough that The bet is off TS
Being pro-active. on 21:52 - Jun 6 with 2206 viewsnordenblue

Being pro-active. on 21:46 - Jun 6 by roccydaleian

Fair enough that The bet is off TS

That's last seasons figure roccy,get your wallet back out!
Being pro-active. on 21:57 - Jun 6 with 2196 viewsroccydaleian

Being pro-active. on 21:52 - Jun 6 by nordenblue

That's last seasons figure roccy,get your wallet back out!

Aye i know that, i didn't realise that those figures had been released, he won't pay up anyhow.
Being pro-active. on 22:00 - Jun 6 with 2189 viewsLuke8686

I think a take up over 2000 sales would be entirely achievable by August if the schools marketing campaign is successful between now and the start of the holidays. This should mean a good 20-30% rise in our home gates next season which is great.

However there will have to be a period of continuity if the club are to maintain this fanbase. Other clubs have offered free season tickets for U11's for several years now (such as Colchester) and we have to be willing to do the same and not be fearful of the 'financial hit' that we would suffer as a consequence.

Also we may need to add extra incentives for the 12-18 age bracket in coming years to keep the fans coming because believe it or not the kids are not gonna be under 11 forever.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 22:01]
Being pro-active. on 22:06 - Jun 6 with 2173 viewsTalkingSutty

Being pro-active. on 22:00 - Jun 6 by Luke8686

I think a take up over 2000 sales would be entirely achievable by August if the schools marketing campaign is successful between now and the start of the holidays. This should mean a good 20-30% rise in our home gates next season which is great.

However there will have to be a period of continuity if the club are to maintain this fanbase. Other clubs have offered free season tickets for U11's for several years now (such as Colchester) and we have to be willing to do the same and not be fearful of the 'financial hit' that we would suffer as a consequence.

Also we may need to add extra incentives for the 12-18 age bracket in coming years to keep the fans coming because believe it or not the kids are not gonna be under 11 forever.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 22:01]

Good post Luke and 'continuity' is a great word.I think pricing of the tickets for those under 21 also needs a urgent looking at. Then we can look at those under 50 at a later stage
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 22:18]
Being pro-active. on 22:10 - Jun 6 with 2159 viewsSandyman

Happy RAFC may be - great - but there ARE people who haven't bothered renewing because of issues discussed on here previously whether the club like it or not.
Being pro-active. on 22:27 - Jun 6 with 2127 viewsD_Alien

There's no doubt the club will be aware of fans feelings over the pricing issue, and there's no way they'd present the outcome after the SPP as anything but positive.

Putting a brave face on it is the only option. Positive - in this instance - could just as easily mean "adult ticket sales haven't entirely fallen through the floor"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Being pro-active. on 11:31 - Jun 7 with 1930 viewsTVOS1907

Being pro-active. on 22:10 - Jun 6 by Sandyman

Happy RAFC may be - great - but there ARE people who haven't bothered renewing because of issues discussed on here previously whether the club like it or not.

And presumably these 'lapsed season ticket holders' will be contacted by the club, as per the season ticket story in April.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Being pro-active. on 12:58 - Jun 7 with 1872 viewsboromat

Being pro-active. on 21:42 - Jun 6 by 442Dale

I'd take a guess that we've sold less but made more money because of the increase in prices. But hopefully they'll announce the figure.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Being pro-active. on 14:43 - Jun 7 with 1811 viewsnordenblue

Being pro-active. on 12:58 - Jun 7 by boromat

I'd take a guess that we've sold less but made more money because of the increase in prices. But hopefully they'll announce the figure.

I'd guess we've sold more/similar due to the "free" child ones but taken less money due to a drop in adult renewals.
They can/will always put a positive slant on a poor figure don't worry about that..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024