Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Thompson 23:19 - Aug 6 with 26757 viewschuckleberry

Signs six month contract, apparently. Anyone heard the same?
Joey Thompson on 10:17 - Aug 7 with 3041 viewsTVOS1907

Joey Thompson on 10:00 - Aug 7 by boromat

I didn't hear the GMR interview was it not just the tone of the question? He seems very positive and doesnt even mention the fans on DalePlayer.

Back to Joey T why not bring him back for 6 months he's got the club running through his veins can do a job and knows what Hilly asks of his team's. He's also now had experiences at other clubs and could be better for it. If we're struggling to get players of better quality than what we've already got its probably best to bring in proven players that will have a positive impact on the younger players like RNL, Rathbone and Hooper who all look like they need as much help as they can get to start pushing for first team places.

What's the relevance of having the club running through his veins?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Joey Thompson on 10:18 - Aug 7 with 3031 viewsbazingadale

Joey Thompson on 10:04 - Aug 7 by dalestats

Official signs a six month deal

What a disgraceful excuse for a signing
Joey Thompson on 10:21 - Aug 7 with 3009 viewsalderleydale

Joey Thompson on 10:03 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

Maybe it's Dave Thompson.

That would be better.

I wonder what Duggie Wragg is doing these days??
Joey Thompson on 10:22 - Aug 7 with 2993 views1907

Joey Thompson on 10:18 - Aug 7 by bazingadale

What a disgraceful excuse for a signing

Is there any need for that?
Joey Thompson on 10:25 - Aug 7 with 2960 viewsfitzochris

I usually try to look for the positive in all things Dale, but I really am scratching my head at this one.

With Holness, you could at least see we needed cover in that area. With Joey T, we have plenty of players capable of playing in his position.

Would love to hear the rationale behind this one.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Joey Thompson on 10:25 - Aug 7 with 2961 viewsalderleydale

Joey Thompson on 10:22 - Aug 7 by 1907

What do you want from the guy fookin handstands?? its a joke
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 10:35]
Joey Thompson on 10:27 - Aug 7 with 2940 views442Dale

Players who can play in the position Thompson can: Vincenti, McDermott, NML, Henderson, RNL, Odelusi, Bunney, Hooper.

On a football level, what exactly does he add to a squad that requires strengthening elsewhere?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey Thompson on 10:28 - Aug 7 with 2947 viewsdeeplishblue

Joey Thompson on 10:03 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

Maybe it's Dave Thompson.

That would be better.

Tanya Grey Thompson would have more impact.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Thompson on 10:28 - Aug 7 with 2947 viewsDaleyBrent

As incredible and inspiring the story of Joe Thompson is in regards to recovering from Cancer and coming back to be a professional footballer is, this signing really is bottom-of-the-barrel stuff. It is almost certainly going to be a complete waste of time, as the re-signing of RNL looks like its being.

Hilly seems to be reverting back to the problems he had at Barnsley, where he signed past players he knew very well who ultimately weren't good enough for the level.

I hope that Thompson becomes a revelation and a fantastic story but... for me... I can't see it.

In Hilly We Trust.
Joey Thompson on 10:29 - Aug 7 with 2930 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 10:25 - Aug 7 by fitzochris

I usually try to look for the positive in all things Dale, but I really am scratching my head at this one.

With Holness, you could at least see we needed cover in that area. With Joey T, we have plenty of players capable of playing in his position.

Would love to hear the rationale behind this one.

Indeed. Let's hear the manager explain it. That's part of his job.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey Thompson on 10:36 - Aug 7 with 2885 viewssweetcorn

This signing f**king stinks.

What a weekend to suck all the positivity we had out, woeful second half performance, all the players i didnt want to sign a new deal played exactly as i expected, s**te! And then have flappy lillis in the net who's hands have transformed into flippers over the summer to cost us a point.

Then hilly goes one step further and hits us with joey f**king T, he was absolute gash in league two last time and nowhere near good enough then, so god knows what he's going to be league now when lower clubs have deemed him not good enough, stinks of a sympathy signing to help his mate out, this is the only time i've been disgusted by a hill signing.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Joey Thompson on 10:40 - Aug 7 with 2863 viewsbazingadale

Joey Thompson on 10:22 - Aug 7 by 1907

There is every need for it. Poor in both spells at the club. This signing is enough to drain any optimism from any dale fan. We have plenty of options for his position. Waste of a wage, job for the boys, sound familiar? Coleman 2.0
Joey Thompson on 11:14 - Aug 7 with 2718 viewsSaxonDale

Can't help but thinking there's been a bit of an overreaction to this signing. I think we all have enough respect for Hilly as a manager to guess that this signing must be a bit more than 'a job for the boys.' There'll never be a unanimous love for Thompson and although I always thought he was treated slightly unfairly during his time here, I can understand that given the clubs he's been at since he's hardly a marquee signing. Without getting into a debate on his playing ability I always thought there was a player there, and as Hilly always used to say 'look at our win percentage with him in the team compared to him out of it!'

His interview on DalePlayer is an absolute breath of fresh air, if he's bringing that attitude to the training ground and helping to fill the void Rose has probably left in the changing room then I think he's going to be a real asset.

For me he's worth a gamble if Hilly thinks so. Hill doesn't strike me as the sentimental type, if he was giving him a deal simply as a favour then there's been numerous times over the last 24 months when Thompson has been without a club. He's here for 6 months, on I assume a very low wage, which will give Hill time to reassess things in January if things are going poorly. I think low wage, low contract length, low expectations so can't really see why some have reacted so negatively to this.
Joey Thompson on 11:20 - Aug 7 with 2687 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Joey Thompson on 10:10 - Aug 7 by dalestats

Seems to be a squad filler for me, both Thompson and rnl will be no more than bit part players.

Why sign them then....?
These two salaries could easily pay for a lean and hungry youngster who has a FUTURE and there must be hundreds of them around.

Or,spend the money on painting the Sandy Lane bogs......there is still grafitti in one of the traps saying Newcastle are great!.......How old is that.........go and look on Tuesday's it's still there!
Joey Thompson on 11:23 - Aug 7 with 2680 viewssykeboy

Wow very disappointing signing JT has done nothing since he left Dale, do we need another midfielder , Lund & PV wern't even in yesterday's squad , spacks of a old friends contract which I hope is for peanuts,can only think Hilly is getting numbers in his squad due to the new loan system
Joey Thompson on 11:25 - Aug 7 with 2511 viewsmacro

Joey Thompson on 11:23 - Aug 7 by sykeboy

Wow very disappointing signing JT has done nothing since he left Dale, do we need another midfielder , Lund & PV wern't even in yesterday's squad , spacks of a old friends contract which I hope is for peanuts,can only think Hilly is getting numbers in his squad due to the new loan system

Lund and PV are injured
Joey Thompson on 11:26 - Aug 7 with 2501 viewsboromat

Joey Thompson on 11:14 - Aug 7 by SaxonDale

Can't help but thinking there's been a bit of an overreaction to this signing. I think we all have enough respect for Hilly as a manager to guess that this signing must be a bit more than 'a job for the boys.' There'll never be a unanimous love for Thompson and although I always thought he was treated slightly unfairly during his time here, I can understand that given the clubs he's been at since he's hardly a marquee signing. Without getting into a debate on his playing ability I always thought there was a player there, and as Hilly always used to say 'look at our win percentage with him in the team compared to him out of it!'

His interview on DalePlayer is an absolute breath of fresh air, if he's bringing that attitude to the training ground and helping to fill the void Rose has probably left in the changing room then I think he's going to be a real asset.

For me he's worth a gamble if Hilly thinks so. Hill doesn't strike me as the sentimental type, if he was giving him a deal simply as a favour then there's been numerous times over the last 24 months when Thompson has been without a club. He's here for 6 months, on I assume a very low wage, which will give Hill time to reassess things in January if things are going poorly. I think low wage, low contract length, low expectations so can't really see why some have reacted so negatively to this.

My thinking exactly and hopefully will have a positive effect on RNL, Hooper, Rathbone etc.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Joey Thompson on 11:27 - Aug 7 with 2497 viewssykeboy

I know
Joey Thompson on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 2470 viewsSaxonDale

Joey Thompson on 10:27 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

Players who can play in the position Thompson can: Vincenti, McDermott, NML, Henderson, RNL, Odelusi, Bunney, Hooper.

On a football level, what exactly does he add to a squad that requires strengthening elsewhere?

McDermott, Bunney, Hooper are all left footed, so wouldn't be a genuine right wing option.
RNL, Hilly has said will be more likely to play on the left side of a middle three this year.
Vincenti is a completely different option to Thompson.
I assume Hendo and NML will be playing anyway.

As for Morley and Rathbone I think we need to have a bit of patience with both. Morley is only 16, it's very rare for players to even appear once in the first team squad at that age, and to do it consistently is almost unheard of. Again with Rathbone, it's his first full professional season, we've seen several examples of the toll it takes physically on young players, doesn't mean both aren't worth a place at the club.
Joey Thompson on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 2469 viewsboromat

On the DalePlayer interview also says he's been with the club training for a couple of weeks so must have impressed during that time

Joey Thompson on 11:38 - Aug 7 with 2445 viewsboromat

Joey Thompson on 10:17 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

What's the relevance of having the club running through his veins?

Just spotted your reply. He knows the club so it'll be quicker for him to settle in and catch up to Keith's demands. He'll be putting in 100% at all times without question. As he says in his interview he wants to give back to the club that's been so supportive of him over the years.

This is a cheap no risk signing. Not excited by it but you never know he may come good.

Joey Thompson on 11:46 - Aug 7 with 2418 viewsnordenblue

Joey Thompson on 11:14 - Aug 7 by SaxonDale

If that's the case we should have just kept Rose then,he offered far more to the squad than JT will ever so expecially given his last season in league 1,there's reasons why Joey T was deemed not good enough for several clubs below the level we currently trying play at...
Unless he's decent between the sticks that is.....
Joey Thompson on 11:54 - Aug 7 with 2382 viewsTVOS1907

Joey Thompson on 11:38 - Aug 7 by boromat

Just spotted your reply. He knows the club so it'll be quicker for him to settle in and catch up to Keith's demands. He'll be putting in 100% at all times without question. As he says in his interview he wants to give back to the club that's been so supportive of him over the years.

This is a cheap no risk signing. Not excited by it but you never know he may come good.

What else is he going to say in an interview?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Joey Thompson on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 2324 viewsDalenet

We are putting in the foundations to become a Championship club. Allegedly
Joey Thompson on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 2307 viewsD_Alien

I've only got one comment to make about the signing of JT - it'll take a huge weight off the narrow shoulders of Bunney when it comes to the official position of Club Scapegoat.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 12:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024