Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Thompson 23:19 - Aug 6 with 26755 viewschuckleberry

Signs six month contract, apparently. Anyone heard the same?
Joey Thompson on 12:13 - Aug 7 with 2985 viewsmacro

Joey Thompson on 12:10 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

I've only got one comment to make about the signing of JT - it'll take a huge weight off the narrow shoulders of Bunney when it comes to the official position of Club Scapegoat.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 12:11]

Regardless of people's views on the transfer I sincerely hope there are no boos when he appears back on the pitch in a Dale shirt
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 12:13]
Joey Thompson on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 2933 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill can say what he wants, the signing of Thompson isn't strengthening the squad and improving competition, neither is RNL or the attempt to bring Holness back. The signings are backwards steps because they've already proved not to be good enough. The type of signings that will ensure any further progression in League One will be stopped at source because we all know they can't improve the starting eleven can they?

It doesn't matter to me because I will still be watching the Dale long after Hills moved on, it's the quality players at the Club who I feel sorry for because to play at a higher level they are going to have to start looking for another Club. We are going to end up with a squad full of fringe players who are incapable of dislodging any of our established players.

The next couple of signings will be the young prima donnas from Premiership Clubs who have been wrapped in cotton wool since the age of 10 and never even played in the Football League. In the same mould as that kid we had in the net last Season, what a spoiled brat he was. I think Hills losing the bloody plot I honestly do.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 12:30]
Joey Thompson on 12:27 - Aug 7 with 2924 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 12:13 - Aug 7 by macro

Regardless of people's views on the transfer I sincerely hope there are no boos when he appears back on the pitch in a Dale shirt
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 12:13]

Nobody will boo him, I don't see that happening.
Joey Thompson on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 2894 views442Dale

Joey Thompson on 12:27 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

He wasn't booed in the past. It was more a sigh of resignation when he appeared.

Yes he had good games, it was that he never developed his game awareness. You either have that or learn it over time, he didn't.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey Thompson on 12:41 - Aug 7 with 2872 viewsJimmyRustler

I can't believe people are trying to justify this signing.

One of if not the worst signing in recent memory.

Can't get a contract at lower league clubs Keith, could you help us out please mate?

Yeah sure Joey here's a 6 month deal for absolute fuk all. Enjoy pal.
Joey Thompson on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 2848 viewsalderleydale

Come on Gimp, I`m dying to know what you think!!!
Joey Thompson on 12:49 - Aug 7 with 2829 viewsmacro

Joey Thompson on 12:27 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

He was and there's idiots who'll shout abuse as they do to bunney and others.
Joey Thompson on 12:56 - Aug 7 with 2798 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 12:33 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

He wasn't booed in the past. It was more a sigh of resignation when he appeared.

Yes he had good games, it was that he never developed his game awareness. You either have that or learn it over time, he didn't.

I'm trying to counter balance all this and adopt a different mindset that will see me through the Season and I think I've found the answer. Accept that last season was the best it's going to get on the pitch and derive my pleasure from off field progression at the Club.... Ownership of the Stadium, New 5 year Stadium Sponsorship Partners, Carlsberg Sponsorship, Company Goldbond which seems a great idea, upgrading of the facilities in the Sponsors boxes and lounge, appointment of a new Chief Exec.

That's all great news and will strengthen the Club further down the line, so if we continue to see the Club growing commercially I will accept my perceived view of a weakening of the playing squad.I don't think for one minute the Chairman and Directors have put the financial handcuffs on Hilly, he makes his own decisions
Login to get fewer ads

Joey Thompson on 12:58 - Aug 7 with 2785 viewsAtThePeake

Joey Thompson on 12:25 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

Hill can say what he wants, the signing of Thompson isn't strengthening the squad and improving competition, neither is RNL or the attempt to bring Holness back. The signings are backwards steps because they've already proved not to be good enough. The type of signings that will ensure any further progression in League One will be stopped at source because we all know they can't improve the starting eleven can they?

It doesn't matter to me because I will still be watching the Dale long after Hills moved on, it's the quality players at the Club who I feel sorry for because to play at a higher level they are going to have to start looking for another Club. We are going to end up with a squad full of fringe players who are incapable of dislodging any of our established players.

The next couple of signings will be the young prima donnas from Premiership Clubs who have been wrapped in cotton wool since the age of 10 and never even played in the Football League. In the same mould as that kid we had in the net last Season, what a spoiled brat he was. I think Hills losing the bloody plot I honestly do.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 12:30]

Agreed with most of that. Not sure I can agree that Hill is losing the plot one game into the season after we had a record points tally last year though!

Feel sorry for the new lads if they had other options club-wise and have signed for us, because it's now pretty clear that there's no ambition to push ourselves to the next level. The likes of Canavan and McGahey have signed for a club who are quite clearly happy where they are right now, which isn't the best career move for either of them.

If I was Allen/Camps/Lund/McDermott/NML I'd be knocking on Hill's door tomorrow and asking why we're signing players like Joe Thompson who aren't going to make us any better. If there are any clubs interested in them and they want to actually go somewhere in their career, they have every right to be asking for a move away.

Tangled up in blue.

Joey Thompson on 13:00 - Aug 7 with 2762 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 12:49 - Aug 7 by macro

He was and there's idiots who'll shout abuse as they do to bunney and others.

That happens at every Club, there's always the odd few who shout their opinions. I don't ever remember any player being booed for touching the ball though, the rest of the crowd would jump on them.
Joey Thompson on 13:02 - Aug 7 with 2751 viewsroccydaleian

Joey Thompson on 12:45 - Aug 7 by alderleydale

Come on Gimp, I`m dying to know what you think!!!

I'm not. I wouldn't mind knowing why you didn't answer the questions about who you contacted at the club regarding the decorating though.
Joey Thompson on 13:10 - Aug 7 with 2703 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 12:58 - Aug 7 by AtThePeake

Agreed with most of that. Not sure I can agree that Hill is losing the plot one game into the season after we had a record points tally last year though!

Feel sorry for the new lads if they had other options club-wise and have signed for us, because it's now pretty clear that there's no ambition to push ourselves to the next level. The likes of Canavan and McGahey have signed for a club who are quite clearly happy where they are right now, which isn't the best career move for either of them.

If I was Allen/Camps/Lund/McDermott/NML I'd be knocking on Hill's door tomorrow and asking why we're signing players like Joe Thompson who aren't going to make us any better. If there are any clubs interested in them and they want to actually go somewhere in their career, they have every right to be asking for a move away.

I was aiming the 'losing the plot' comment at his recruitment of Thompson, RNL and probably Holness had his unfortunate injury not intervened.

His comments about other Clubs being interested in him during the close season and going out of his way to make it public. His insistence that the fans/ Club staffs expectations are partly responsible for yesterday's result, TVONK.

It's a culmination of things which leads me to my conclusion.
Joey Thompson on 13:15 - Aug 7 with 2688 viewsAtThePeake

Joey Thompson on 13:10 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

I was aiming the 'losing the plot' comment at his recruitment of Thompson, RNL and probably Holness had his unfortunate injury not intervened.

His comments about other Clubs being interested in him during the close season and going out of his way to make it public. His insistence that the fans/ Club staffs expectations are partly responsible for yesterday's result, TVONK.

It's a culmination of things which leads me to my conclusion.

Yeah, I know and understand why you've come to that conclusion, I just think it's a little early to come to it. Hilly has said and done some strange things in the past that we've questioned and then a few months later they're forgotten about due to form on the pitch. Hopefully this will be another such occasion, although I am confused and even annoyed at this signing.

Tangled up in blue.

Joey Thompson on 13:28 - Aug 7 with 2643 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 13:15 - Aug 7 by AtThePeake

Yeah, I know and understand why you've come to that conclusion, I just think it's a little early to come to it. Hilly has said and done some strange things in the past that we've questioned and then a few months later they're forgotten about due to form on the pitch. Hopefully this will be another such occasion, although I am confused and even annoyed at this signing.

I was wondering whether they are signings made on purpose to ensure expectations will be firmly dealt with from the start of the season, like a rap across the knuckles for everybody associated with the Club. Then I reasoned that he wouldn't be allowed to get away with that when it's not him who pays the players wages. Then I thought... He wouldn't surely do that to himself and his own players already at the Club would he?

Maybe he thinks Thompson, RNL and Holness have improved so much all of a sudden that they are now worthy of playing in League One, that's when I start getting really confused!!
Joey Thompson on 13:40 - Aug 7 with 2584 viewsrochedale

Really struggling to find any logic behind this signing. Surely it must be as a favour, like a kind of reference maybe to help him find a new employer? Try to always avoid posting negative comments regarding the team, but cannot find any positives in this signing at all. Bizarre.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Joey Thompson on 13:41 - Aug 7 with 2579 viewsChaffRAFC

This morning, I woke up late and only just about got to work on time, realised I'd forgot my bloody wallet so couldnt get anything to eat or drink all day. Then I realised I hadn't charged my iPod so I had to endure interacting with my work colleagues and then the general public, most of which annoy me to breaking point and so I was having a pretty bad day really. And then Joe Thompson signed for us again. Despite the fact he has never ever been good enough for us, in two spells, in two divisions, having been let go by Carlisle and rejected by Barrow. A winger who cant beat a man. This on top of re-signing RNL and almost bringing Marcus Holness back is too much for me to take. I'm going getting some rope and sticking the Smiths on.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joey Thompson on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2563 viewsroccydaleian

Joey Thompson on 13:41 - Aug 7 by ChaffRAFC

This morning, I woke up late and only just about got to work on time, realised I'd forgot my bloody wallet so couldnt get anything to eat or drink all day. Then I realised I hadn't charged my iPod so I had to endure interacting with my work colleagues and then the general public, most of which annoy me to breaking point and so I was having a pretty bad day really. And then Joe Thompson signed for us again. Despite the fact he has never ever been good enough for us, in two spells, in two divisions, having been let go by Carlisle and rejected by Barrow. A winger who cant beat a man. This on top of re-signing RNL and almost bringing Marcus Holness back is too much for me to take. I'm going getting some rope and sticking the Smiths on.

Don't do it Chaff, you might miss me meeting EB on Tuesday. #lightattheendofthetunnel.
Joey Thompson on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2563 views1949er

Never gave 100% in all the time at Spotland . a complete waste of time, money and a shirt.unless he's had a bravery implant, I can't see him adding anything.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Joey Thompson on 13:56 - Aug 7 with 2521 viewsrochedale

George Donnelly, Michael Oliver and Chris Lee to sign next week...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Joey Thompson on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 2508 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 13:56 - Aug 7 by rochedale

George Donnelly, Michael Oliver and Chris Lee to sign next week...

Michael Oliver is the odd man out...he was decent.
Joey Thompson on 14:03 - Aug 7 with 2478 viewsMHall963

I honestly always thought he was a good player, no higher than league one or two. I just thought he always lacked the ability to go past players because he wasnt the quickest or most agile, but he was always a good passer and finisher when given the chance, and i thought he shouldve been given a chance up front. so why not now? if he plays up front or just off the striker then I think theres certainly a place for him, as he offers something different to calvin and hendo, and is arguably as good as bunney imho.
Joey Thompson on 14:24 - Aug 7 with 2396 views49thseason

Hilly was saying at the forum that some of the young kids can't get involved in first team training properly because they haven't learned how to execute the plans effectively. So you wonder if bringing in Thompson is more about enabling more effective first team training to take place than an expectation that he will play on match days. Equally, better than doing a Bury and not filling the bench or expecting BBM to fill in if there are injuries. On balance, can it do any harm?Also , from his Wiki page: "Thompson has also studied Level Two Coaching Certificate and "achieved his BTEC National Certificate with a potential merit/distinction profile".
Joey Thompson on 14:30 - Aug 7 with 2369 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-keith-hill-rochda

Got to better than what we have now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joey Thompson on 14:46 - Aug 7 with 2301 viewsParkinsGimp

Waste of three wages, Holness, Thompson and RNL all not fit for league 2 football , more like conference. With those three wages we could recruit a decent centre forward who knows where the net is and doesnt scream a sitter over the bar when unchallenged.
Joey Thompson on 14:46 - Aug 7 with 2299 viewsTalkingSutty

Joey Thompson on 14:30 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-keith-hill-rochda

Got to better than what we have now.

Funnily enough that's what stuck in my mind when JT signed. It's a contradiction of an interview that Hill gave less than 3 weeks ago. I think as Supporters, who pay for the privilege,we are well within our rights to be wondering what's going on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024