Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conrad 14:42 - Aug 9 with 19957 viewsColDale

Conrad on 22:18 - Aug 9 with 4368 viewsroccydaleian

Conrad on 22:12 - Aug 9 by dalenumber2

Well there's a bit of a clue in what he's wearing on the photo. Unless he has turned up in fancy dress!

He could have been training or summat. Anyhow you're welcome
Conrad on 22:24 - Aug 9 with 4285 viewsdalenumber2

Conrad on 22:18 - Aug 9 by roccydaleian

He could have been training or summat. Anyhow you're welcome

True that. Just being optimistic I suppose!
Conrad on 22:38 - Aug 9 with 4147 viewsTVOS1907

Conrad on 21:10 - Aug 9 by roccydaleian

Just been informed Logan has signed.

Who by?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Conrad on 22:48 - Aug 9 with 4038 viewsroccydaleian

Conrad on 22:38 - Aug 9 by TVOS1907

Who by?

It was on someone's Twitter account and it seemed reliable.
Conrad on 22:54 - Aug 9 with 3963 viewsShun

A great signing if true, but harsh on Lillis who played well tonight and pulled off (at least) two fantastic saves.
Conrad on 23:01 - Aug 9 with 3883 viewsDomDale

Really not sure how I feel about this if we have signed him. Feel sorry for Lillis more than anything if he loses his place again. The kneejerkers amongst our crowd and this forum need to remember that Logan will make the odd mistake just as Lillis will. Look at Logan's howlers in Hibs play off games vs Falkirk from last season for evidence of that.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Conrad on 23:26 - Aug 9 with 3728 viewsD_Alien

Conrad on 23:01 - Aug 9 by DomDale

Really not sure how I feel about this if we have signed him. Feel sorry for Lillis more than anything if he loses his place again. The kneejerkers amongst our crowd and this forum need to remember that Logan will make the odd mistake just as Lillis will. Look at Logan's howlers in Hibs play off games vs Falkirk from last season for evidence of that.

It's not the kneejerkers and this forum that will have signed him, though, is it - if that's what's happened?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Conrad on 23:26 - Aug 9 with 3729 viewssandy_dale

Conrad on 23:01 - Aug 9 by DomDale

Agree. Any player at this level is prone to a mistake, that's why they are in this league. Ian Henderson on his best performances could well be at the highest division, but he isn't because they are a rarity
Login to get fewer ads

Conrad on 23:31 - Aug 9 with 3685 viewsDaleaholic

Logan is a player who turns a mid-table team into a play-off contending team.

Logan is Championship quality, Lillis is League 1 at best.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Conrad on 06:51 - Aug 10 with 3410 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Well it's on Wikipedia so MUST be true!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Logan

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoAFuTqXgAE623D.jpg:large
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 6:52]
Conrad on 07:45 - Aug 10 with 3287 viewsupthedale89

Conrad on 06:51 - Aug 10 by Albert_Whitehurst

Well it's on Wikipedia so MUST be true!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_Logan

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoAFuTqXgAE623D.jpg:large
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 6:52]

signed a deal till end of season
Conrad on 08:20 - Aug 10 with 3194 viewsSaxonDale

Conrad on 07:45 - Aug 10 by upthedale89

signed a deal till end of season

If true it's a strange one. I should be delighted, and don't get me wrong part of me is, he's the best keeper I think I've seen since Heaton and with the cult status of Hahnemann. I think we've got a Championship keeper and as much as I think Lillis is good enough for League 1, I think it would be fair to say Logan (if he is of a similar level to last time) is a cut above not just Lillis, but 90% of keepers in the league.

I think there is just a part of me wondering how cost effective this is for the club. Yes, I know Hill runs a tight ship and there is no way this deal will put the club into direct jeopardy, however I can't help but think- can a club our size afford to have two 1st choice keepers? Would the wage have been better spent elsewhere? Will this mean that in effect Lillis (who after getting POTS will no doubt have asked for a reasonable sum of money) will be sat on the bench for the rest of the season effectively doing rock all?

I saw a thread on the Leicester forum a week or so ago which had claimed Logan had turned down a wage that was very similar to his wage at Leicester, which surely at our level must be a decent first team wage. Obviously wage demands after we've reached August and to be honest a part of me is surprised he isn't signing for them lot down the road. We said the other day it would be interesting to see how Hill responded to Lillis' mistake on Saturday and I hope this isn't simply a reactionary signing.
Conrad on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 2994 viewsD_Alien

Conrad on 08:20 - Aug 10 by SaxonDale

If true it's a strange one. I should be delighted, and don't get me wrong part of me is, he's the best keeper I think I've seen since Heaton and with the cult status of Hahnemann. I think we've got a Championship keeper and as much as I think Lillis is good enough for League 1, I think it would be fair to say Logan (if he is of a similar level to last time) is a cut above not just Lillis, but 90% of keepers in the league.

I think there is just a part of me wondering how cost effective this is for the club. Yes, I know Hill runs a tight ship and there is no way this deal will put the club into direct jeopardy, however I can't help but think- can a club our size afford to have two 1st choice keepers? Would the wage have been better spent elsewhere? Will this mean that in effect Lillis (who after getting POTS will no doubt have asked for a reasonable sum of money) will be sat on the bench for the rest of the season effectively doing rock all?

I saw a thread on the Leicester forum a week or so ago which had claimed Logan had turned down a wage that was very similar to his wage at Leicester, which surely at our level must be a decent first team wage. Obviously wage demands after we've reached August and to be honest a part of me is surprised he isn't signing for them lot down the road. We said the other day it would be interesting to see how Hill responded to Lillis' mistake on Saturday and I hope this isn't simply a reactionary signing.

All good points.

I think Conrad will bring something to our defence above and beyond basic goalkeeping skills. He's an organiser, a shouter, a leader. The team, and defence in particular, is crying out for those skills. He'll bring something similar to the dressing room as Holty brought, and over the course of a season, such things are priceless.

I do feel sorry for Josh, but if we're in any way going to progress as a club, sentiment has to be put to one side. We would'nt be taking him on if we couldn't afford him. Yep, he'll make the odd mistake - we don't need reminding of that by platitude merchants - but those in front of him will be playing with the feeling they've got a wall behind them and that somehow raises their own game.

Plus, Hendo now has competition in the leadership stakes - a very good thing imo
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 9:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Conrad on 09:42 - Aug 10 with 2932 viewsAtThePeake

Conrad on 09:31 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

All good points.

I think Conrad will bring something to our defence above and beyond basic goalkeeping skills. He's an organiser, a shouter, a leader. The team, and defence in particular, is crying out for those skills. He'll bring something similar to the dressing room as Holty brought, and over the course of a season, such things are priceless.

I do feel sorry for Josh, but if we're in any way going to progress as a club, sentiment has to be put to one side. We would'nt be taking him on if we couldn't afford him. Yep, he'll make the odd mistake - we don't need reminding of that by platitude merchants - but those in front of him will be playing with the feeling they've got a wall behind them and that somehow raises their own game.

Plus, Hendo now has competition in the leadership stakes - a very good thing imo

Agree wholeheartedly.

We wouldn't be signing him if we couldn't afford him, and he's better than the option we already have. It's harsh on Lillis but that's football. That's life.

Plus, he has a two year deal at a professional football club on what is no doubt a better wage than what the majority of us on this board are on. I struggle to feel sympathy for footballers, they're living the dream after all.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 10:22]

Tangled up in blue.

Conrad on 10:08 - Aug 10 with 2826 viewssweetcorn

Conrad on 18:07 - Aug 9 by Dickydaler

But they haven't kept him, have they.

Ohhh right I see, we shouldnt sign players who have been released from other clubs, what on earth were we thinking signing the likes of Henderson, Done, Stephen Dawson, etc when they had been released by another club.

Stop talking sh*t, logan is far better than what we've got and if he's available in my opinion we should go for him.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Conrad on 10:10 - Aug 10 with 2801 viewsSaxonDale

Conrad on 09:31 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

All good points.

Good points D_alien, can't argue with any of that.
Conrad on 10:10 - Aug 10 with 2801 viewsDaleiLama

Could be about to be made official?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Conrad on 10:12 - Aug 10 with 2780 viewsdalestats

Conrad on 10:10 - Aug 10 by DaleiLama

Could be about to be made official?

Mmmm I wonder who is signing...

Poll: Remain in the eu

Conrad on 10:25 - Aug 10 with 2707 viewsDaley_Lama

Confirmed by club.

Great keeper, chuffed to bits

Poll: DF in or out

Conrad on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 2668 viewsDomDale

Conrad on 23:26 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

It's not the kneejerkers and this forum that will have signed him, though, is it - if that's what's happened?

Correct. But i'd expect the usual sad vvankers posting multi page threads slagging Logan off if he has the audacity to make a mistake in a match.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Conrad on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 2599 viewsSaxonDale

Conrad on 09:42 - Aug 10 by AtThePeake

Agree wholeheartedly.

We wouldn't be signing him if we couldn't afford him, and he's better than the option we already have. It's harsh on Lillis but that's football. That's life.

Plus, he has a two year deal at a professional football club on what is no doubt a better wage than what the majority of us on this board are on. I struggle to feel sympathy for footballers, they're living the dream after all.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2016 10:22]

Sorry poorly worded on my part I think. Don't doubt that we can afford him, just don't want it to affect the recruitment of another position ( for example a goal scoring striker.) Having said that now it's confirmed I am very happy with the deal, if Logan can keep 5 more clean sheets than we manager last season that's 5-15 points he'll have earned this season.
Conrad on 10:46 - Aug 10 with 2581 viewsDaleiLama

Guess who's back?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Conrad on 10:57 - Aug 10 with 2538 viewsBrierls

Fantastic news, I'm delighted he's back. I hope it's a 6 month deal with an option to extend.

As has been said above, it's a big kick in the nuts for Lillis who was excellent for most of last season. BUT if we are to progress, we should always strive to improve every position. Logan improves our starting XI. It's not just goalkeeping ability, he brings huge authority to our defence, which is crucial when you look at the age of the likes of Raff, McGahey and Canavan. Even Big Jim will be able to hear him!
Conrad on 13:46 - Aug 10 with 2255 views100notout

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/conrad-logan-rochdale-afc-dale

He clearly doesn't expect to be automatic first choice - as others have said competition is good

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Conrad on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 2191 viewssweetcorn

Conrad on 13:46 - Aug 10 by 100notout

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/conrad-logan-rochdale-afc-dale

He clearly doesn't expect to be automatic first choice - as others have said competition is good

He might not expect to be, but he will be.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024