Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS 17:12 - Aug 20 with 17946 viewsJimmyRustler

Hendo up front OR off Davies/Andrew.

Camps and Allen CM with playing just behind them. Yes Cannon has had a great start but it wasn't broken last year so why fix it?

NML and Donal wide and nowhere else.

Tanser at LB. I know this gives us less height and that's the last thing we need at the moment with our set piece vulnerability but Jim has had a mare so far.

Logan in net. Yes he 'cost' us today but saved a pen and played well by all accounts.

Thompson and Bunney NOWHERE near the starting line-up unless there's a death in the squad.

If we're gonna leak goals from set plays then teams are gonna pick up on this so the least we can do is play attacking football and try and score more goals than the other team. Playing our best player (Hendo) in CM is NOT conducive to attacking football.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 12:27]
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 9549 viewsD_Alien

Couldn't make it today, but it didn't need much of an excuse to be elsewhere and until Hill starts putting players onto the pitch in their strongest positions I can see me missing a few more. It's quite frankly baffling.

I've no problem with JT on the bench, even Bunney if others are injured, but the formation isn't working and it's down to the manager. We can all be stubborn buggers but it doesn't cost Hill £20+ when I'm feeling stubborn.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:35 - Aug 20 with 9475 viewsDale27

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:27 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

Couldn't make it today, but it didn't need much of an excuse to be elsewhere and until Hill starts putting players onto the pitch in their strongest positions I can see me missing a few more. It's quite frankly baffling.

I've no problem with JT on the bench, even Bunney if others are injured, but the formation isn't working and it's down to the manager. We can all be stubborn buggers but it doesn't cost Hill £20+ when I'm feeling stubborn.

Absolute dog turd of a team selection
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:39 - Aug 20 with 9437 viewsdale4ever

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:35 - Aug 20 by Dale27

Absolute dog turd of a team selection

Joe Thompson had a decent game actually. Nobody played terribly, McNulty wasn't great though. This is an overreaction because we've lost in the 95th min. We probably deserved to win today on the balance of play, but yet again we lost because we can't defend free kicks! That needs addressing and fast. Can't see it though. McNulty won't be dropped either when he's been a weak link all season so far. When on top in games we need to be putting the ball in the back of the net. Big game next week already even at this early stage!
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:41 - Aug 20 with 9412 viewsolympicdale

What I don't understand is why no one was marking their number 5, once again no one picking up at the far post. Fair do's, it was a cracking ball in, and a difficult position for a 'keeper to come and gather, but its once again failure to cope with set pieces.

Unless Donal was injured, why was Thompson playing ahead of him, Donal and NML have to be the wide options, id like to see Davies up front next game too. Defence played okay today, McGathy had an impressive match, a game Dale didn't deserve to win, if you cant score you're always susceptible to the sucker punch.

Life is a game of fate.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:48 - Aug 20 with 9349 viewsJamest1994

Not sure what keith was expecting when he picked that line up.

We showed what we are capable once bunney and thompson went off but there was only a quarter of the game left. Fed up of seeing bunney get dropped but miraculously get back in the starting line up a few games later.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:48 - Aug 20 with 9344 viewsolympicdale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:39 - Aug 20 by dale4ever

Joe Thompson had a decent game actually. Nobody played terribly, McNulty wasn't great though. This is an overreaction because we've lost in the 95th min. We probably deserved to win today on the balance of play, but yet again we lost because we can't defend free kicks! That needs addressing and fast. Can't see it though. McNulty won't be dropped either when he's been a weak link all season so far. When on top in games we need to be putting the ball in the back of the net. Big game next week already even at this early stage!

We all know how Joey plays, no one can deny his workrate, but you need more at this level, and especially as a winger. It is staggering that he is starting games, when we have Donal on the bench.

Life is a game of fate.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:55 - Aug 20 with 9283 viewsDale27

I know of 7 people that were going to the game today until 2.25pm, read into that what you will. I will be joining them next time
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:58 - Aug 20 with 9252 viewsShun

Joe Bunney to be replaced by Calvin or Davies next game please - both of the latter two impressed. It says a lot about Bunney that the ever-maligned Joe Thompson offered so much more than him today.
Login to get fewer ads

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:01 - Aug 20 with 9223 viewshowy10

Got to agree completely about the team selection. I am just bewildered.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 18:02]
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:06 - Aug 20 with 9177 viewsolympicdale

When Joe Thompson arrived I thought it could be sentimental reasons, to help him with fitness, but to see him starting today really hurt. I don't want this to come off as a personal attack on Thompson, it is more what he represents, going backwards.

I like his effort and the fact he loves this team, but this is League 1, he's had an awful illness, he is pushing 30, how is this going to improve the side. I thought we'd moved on from seeing Thompson in the first team. The same goes for Bunney, they should be no where near the first 11, is this how Hill thinks the team will improve, their presence will stifle the team.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 18:10]

Life is a game of fate.

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:07 - Aug 20 with 9156 viewsrich_dale

Heart sank when I saw the starting line up. Looked like the team you finish with when two or three up. Shooting ourselves in the foot with better quality on the bench. Reckon the opposition must have been encouraged when they saw it too.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:11 - Aug 20 with 9129 viewsdingdangblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:06 - Aug 20 by olympicdale

When Joe Thompson arrived I thought it could be sentimental reasons, to help him with fitness, but to see him starting today really hurt. I don't want this to come off as a personal attack on Thompson, it is more what he represents, going backwards.

I like his effort and the fact he loves this team, but this is League 1, he's had an awful illness, he is pushing 30, how is this going to improve the side. I thought we'd moved on from seeing Thompson in the first team. The same goes for Bunney, they should be no where near the first 11, is this how Hill thinks the team will improve, their presence will stifle the team.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 18:10]

Got to agree I'm afraid. He was in sooooo many good attacking position's in that 1st half and it came to nothing. Just not enough quality wise. Yes he'll put in a shift and not let Keith down workrate wise - but with a natural footballer in that position it could have been game over by half time - instead we've somehow contrived to lose in the 95th minute.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:14 - Aug 20 with 9101 viewsRooleyblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 17:55 - Aug 20 by Dale27

I know of 7 people that were going to the game today until 2.25pm, read into that what you will. I will be joining them next time

Add myself and the two I normally go with to that list. We have been season ticket holders for the last day couple of years and didn't renew because of the no early bird reduction seeing the season ticket increase.
We have decided to pick and choose our games this year and the starting line up today meant we choose against going.
I live in the real world and know Dale won't win every week and may never play higher than we do now.
However I go to watch football to be entertained and if we win it's a bonus.
The players picked today didn't shout out to me entertainment!
If Donal our only real flair player had started then maybe, but to start with bunny and Thompson, just made me feel that I would not be getting value for money.
Joey T cannot beat a man and Joe bunny is an I impact sub at best.
It's all about choices and I'm afraid to say Hilly's choice of line up influenced my choice not to attend today. 😣
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 18:22]
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 9053 viewsalderleydale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:14 - Aug 20 by Rooleyblue

Add myself and the two I normally go with to that list. We have been season ticket holders for the last day couple of years and didn't renew because of the no early bird reduction seeing the season ticket increase.
We have decided to pick and choose our games this year and the starting line up today meant we choose against going.
I live in the real world and know Dale won't win every week and may never play higher than we do now.
If Donal our only real flair player had started then maybe, but to start with bunny and Thompson, just made me feel that I would not be getting value for money.
It's all about choices and I'm afraid to say Hilly's choice of line up influenced my choice not to attend today. 😣

Same here, me and my mate took one look at the team and said f*ck that
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 9051 viewsmacro

Bunney didn't play well today agreed. Thompson did alright he was a threat in the first half attacking wise and gave McNulty cover defensively. Id be more critical of henderson. What needs to change is McNulty at left back.

The goal Canavan blocked Logan from being able to attack the ball.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:22 - Aug 20 with 9012 viewsnordenblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:19 - Aug 20 by alderleydale

Same here, me and my mate took one look at the team and said f*ck that

To be fair any opposition manager will be rubbish their hands after seeing them 2 as starters,it only highlights how poor the squad actually is.
Another game I could have easily have gone to but it's a massive NO from me until we sign some players and actually start them worth watching,to put Donal on the bench and start with far far inferior players is nothing but ridiculous,he's one of only a couple of players at the club capable of winning a match and beating a man.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:28 - Aug 20 with 8969 viewsDaleFan7

Very poor line up for a league one outfit but without recruitment we've not got a lot of options. Donal flatters to deceive, he cant take a man on but his final ball and any ball from a set piece are woeful. He cant play 90 minutes every match either. Same with NML. They should both be fit enough now to be able to. As long as McNulty is played left back we're vulnerable down that side. Bunney needs dropping from the starting XI only to be brought on if deseperate. Despite the work rate the fact we're playing Thompson in league one is embarrassing. If we really want to push on now is the time for the board to recruit. The message i've got regarding ticket prices, season tickets and recruitement this preseason is one of 'we've got what we've got, lets hope it's enough'

To pay £20 twice a week some weeks to watch that isn't good enough. I expect a woeful attendance next Saturday.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:28 - Aug 20 with 8964 viewsscarrow

If you didn't go because of the team sheet then good riddance stay away. Did we lose because of x2 joe - NO

We lost because of being poor again at defending a set piece.

Poll: Final position

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:30 - Aug 20 with 8932 viewsJamest1994

So fustrating knowing that we have a prefectly good team at this level when we play our best players, but shoot ourselves in the foot by playing players that wouldnt even stand out in a conference side.

If we play the likes of nml, donal, henderson and davies/andrew most games then we are in with a good chance of winning, we wont win every game but will pick up more points than we would with bunney/thompson.

Expecting keith to compare our budget with mk dons now.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:34 - Aug 20 with 8899 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

I have to disagree sorry. We didn't deserve to won today and neither did they. Draw was fair all day long
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:40 - Aug 20 with 8861 viewsroccydaleian

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:14 - Aug 20 by Rooleyblue

Well if you'd gone Rooley, you might have been entertained. First half was poor, but second half was good to watch, and a game Dale should have won imo. Agree the starting line up was wrong and think the team that finished the game should start on Tuesday, which basically is a free hit. Next Saturday is a must win game now, to get some points on the board and get some confidence. Crappy result, but still very early in the season so chin up and get behind the team... Up the Dale.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:46 - Aug 20 with 8783 views442Dale

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:40 - Aug 20 by roccydaleian

Well if you'd gone Rooley, you might have been entertained. First half was poor, but second half was good to watch, and a game Dale should have won imo. Agree the starting line up was wrong and think the team that finished the game should start on Tuesday, which basically is a free hit. Next Saturday is a must win game now, to get some points on the board and get some confidence. Crappy result, but still very early in the season so chin up and get behind the team... Up the Dale.

Good post though I do think MK will point to all Logan's saves. Draw probably a fair result.

There's an air of despondency which will hopefully lift with a positive result. Totally understand the concerns an opinions of many fans even if I don't agree with them all, the ST debacle can't be underestimated when some fans are saying they might not bother going to a game. The way forward? Play the best players in their best positions and get in reinforcements where required.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 18:48 - Aug 20 with 8785 viewsrich_dale

Expecting a heavyweight line up now next Sat to win the game. But you never know. In fact you don't know what the personnel or formation us going to be one game to the next. Can't be healthy to tinker so much, and only a small amount of it is enforced.
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:14 - Aug 20 with 8620 views1907

I cannot believe I'm reading that fans chose to stay away because of seeing a team sheet? Hang your heads in shame. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen on here. Don't ever even describe yourself as a "fan" again you clearly have absolutely no idea what it means to be a fan. Embarrassing!
FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:18 - Aug 20 with 8591 viewsdeeplishblue

FFO Keith: Play our strongest team FFS on 19:14 - Aug 20 by 1907

I cannot believe I'm reading that fans chose to stay away because of seeing a team sheet? Hang your heads in shame. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen on here. Don't ever even describe yourself as a "fan" again you clearly have absolutely no idea what it means to be a fan. Embarrassing!

Totally agree. Supporters support.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024