Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred 14:15 - Jan 7 with 15506 viewsSandyman

[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 14:16]
Match Fred on 19:45 - Jan 7 with 3499 viewsSaxonDale

Match Fred on 19:40 - Jan 7 by frenzied

In todays Daily Mail we appeared on the Whats Hot list...described as possibly the new Burton Albion !!!
Not sure I feel that great about that comparison

The new Burton?! Lazy journalism at its worst.
Match Fred on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 3461 viewsRowZ

Thought we were excellent & very professional.

3 main points:

1. We managed to play some really good football on a shocker of a pitch, we made it look so easy at times.

2. McGahey was OUTSTANDING at RB, my MOM... equally raff was composed as ever, even at LB (We might not miss Bunney if those two continue in the same fashion as today.)

3. Our midfield 3, on their day and in current form, would compete at Championship level...
Match Fred on 19:55 - Jan 7 with 3433 viewsrichfoad32

Match Fred on 18:34 - Jan 7 by DaleiLama

Just got back. Could have been 7-3. Borrow played it in the air, we played it on the ground. We were faster than them and more attractive to watch. Pitch reported to be heavy but didn't play like that. Well deserved win - atmosphere dampened somewhat by the fog and intermittent drizzle, but it would have been a travesty if we'd drawn that. R5L reporter claimed Ollie lucky not to be sent off. Tackle right in front of us and he got there first and got the ball and their fella catapulted off. Tough. Drive home especially was no fun in the fog
Great result - bring on a biggie now!

If the Rathbone incident is the one where he got a yellow card, he didn't get the ball. Slightly mistimed but he went straight through their player, not a red card but a definite caution.
Match Fred on 19:57 - Jan 7 with 3423 viewsDaleiLama

Match Fred on 19:33 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

All worth it then !!

Very much so!!!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Fred on 20:07 - Jan 7 with 3348 views442Dale

Match Fred on 19:51 - Jan 7 by RowZ

3 main points:

1. We managed to play some really good football on a shocker of a pitch, we made it look so easy at times.

2. McGahey was OUTSTANDING at RB, my MOM... equally raff was composed as ever, even at LB (We might not miss Bunney if those two continue in the same fashion as today.)

3. Our midfield 3, on their day and in current form, would compete at Championship level...

Not so sure about the full backs situation. Though both did well, McGahey especially, we looked far more limited going forward from those positions than we have in recent weeks. No criticism at all of the two players, but both are playing in positions not natural to them, and others in the side notice it to with their choices. There was one incident in the second half that drummed it up where Logan chose not to go wide to Rafferty, almost as if he was thinking "he'll cut inside onto his right foot". It's strange how subliminal thoughts are made when people are in roles they aren't normally.

Of course, we've made a success of doing similar enough to say that it might work as the weeks go on. There's also the option of Cannon back at right back too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred on 21:17 - Jan 7 with 3127 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred on 19:51 - Jan 7 by RowZ

3 main points:

How was it a shocker of a pitch?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Fred on 21:46 - Jan 7 with 2956 views442Dale

Apologies if I've missed it being said already, but Davies' corners were excellent. Harry Kane he isn't.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred on 22:37 - Jan 7 with 2809 viewsnordenblue

Match Fred on 21:17 - Jan 7 by TVOS1907

How was it a shocker of a pitch?

Thought the pitch played really well and can't remember a single "dodgy" bounce,the rain I think helped us zip the ball around quicker too
Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred on 22:51 - Jan 7 with 2755 views1mark1

Match Fred on 22:37 - Jan 7 by nordenblue

Thought the pitch played really well and can't remember a single "dodgy" bounce,the rain I think helped us zip the ball around quicker too

I think considering the awful weather in the last week, with freezing temperatures earlier in the week followed by lots of wet stuff, the pitch looked pretty decent, as far as I could tell from the TV pictures. Dale certainly looked to play good passing football.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match Fred on 23:20 - Jan 7 with 2664 viewsbarrovianbedlam

You deserved it, disappointed by us, we are better than what we showed today but think you need a keeper who can catch. So many dodgy punches today when catching the ball was an easier option.
Good luck.
Match Fred on 23:49 - Jan 7 with 2569 viewsD_Alien

Match Fred on 23:20 - Jan 7 by barrovianbedlam

You deserved it, disappointed by us, we are better than what we showed today but think you need a keeper who can catch. So many dodgy punches today when catching the ball was an easier option.
Good luck.

Surprised to hear that about Logan. You've said your team can do better, well, Logan's handling is usually pretty top notch, very confident.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Fred on 00:00 - Jan 8 with 2529 views_dezzy

Match Fred on 23:20 - Jan 7 by barrovianbedlam

Good luck.

It would of been hard to catch the ball, with all the big men you had in the box every time you got a free kick / corner.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 0:01]

KHBA

Match Fred on 00:01 - Jan 8 with 2523 viewsDaley_Lama

Better safe than sorry from Logan, punch after punch under pressure.

He catches it when not being out-jumped.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Fred on 00:39 - Jan 8 with 2448 viewsShun

Match Fred on 23:49 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

Surprised to hear that about Logan. You've said your team can do better, well, Logan's handling is usually pretty top notch, very confident.

I think whenever a ball came into Logan's vicinity a number of large Barrow players pressed him, thus making it harder for him to catch the ball.

I've just watched the MotD highlights, we get a nice showing. It was also nice to hear them mention our excellent academy.
Match Fred on 07:53 - Jan 8 with 2274 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred on 00:39 - Jan 8 by Shun

I think whenever a ball came into Logan's vicinity a number of large Barrow players pressed him, thus making it harder for him to catch the ball.

I've just watched the MotD highlights, we get a nice showing. It was also nice to hear them mention our excellent academy.

Not sure about the comment that 'Logan was the difference ' 'kept us in it at times' ? I think they were just trying to be kind to Barrow.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fred on 09:00 - Jan 8 with 2194 viewsBillie

Match Fred on 18:58 - Jan 7 by dingdangblue

FA cup / League : 7 consecutive wins now!

How many?
Match Fred on 09:02 - Jan 8 with 2189 viewsrochedale

Match Fred on 09:00 - Jan 8 by Billie

How many?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Fred on 09:03 - Jan 8 with 2186 viewsBillie

Match Fred on 09:02 - Jan 8 by rochedale

Thought so.
Match Fred on 09:04 - Jan 8 with 2180 viewsrochedale

Match Fred on 09:03 - Jan 8 by Billie

Thought so.

No, it is actually 7. My error.

Match Fred on 09:20 - Jan 8 with 2120 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred on 09:04 - Jan 8 by rochedale

No, it is actually 7. My error.

I think it's six, going back to the Chesterfield defeat in the Chekatrade.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Fred on 09:29 - Jan 8 with 2094 viewsrochedale

Match Fred on 09:20 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

I think it's six, going back to the Chesterfield defeat in the Chekatrade.

Fa cup / league is 7.

Edit: Or you could say, 10 wins out of 11 in league and FA Cup, either way, very impressive.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:31]

Match Fred on 09:34 - Jan 8 with 2067 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred on 09:29 - Jan 8 by rochedale

Fa cup / league is 7.

Edit: Or you could say, 10 wins out of 11 in league and FA Cup, either way, very impressive.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:31]

It is. Even without any stipulation, six on the bounce is impressive.

Match Fred on 09:37 - Jan 8 with 2056 viewsBillie

Match Fred on 09:34 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

It is. Even without any stipulation, six on the bounce is impressive.

But why gloss over a defeat to make the stat sound better?
Match Fred on 09:38 - Jan 8 with 2049 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred on 09:37 - Jan 8 by Billie

But why gloss over a defeat to make the stat sound better?

Er, I didn't.

Match Fred on 12:00 - Jan 8 with 1871 viewsYouTubeDale

I thought it was a good overall team performance yesterday. Each player played their part and that is exactly what we needed against a stubborn Barrow side. But my MOM would have gone to Hendo for his finishing...according to the BBC, Hendo has a 100% record in the FA Cup, 3 shots leading to 3 goals, oh, and 1 assist. He's on fire at the moment and dying to play against his favourite team Liverpool as per his little interview at the end of the game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/top-scorers

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024