Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket 21:11 - Mar 19 with 24334 viewssandy_dale

Announcement tomorrow regarding season tickets for 17/18
Season ticket on 15:04 - Mar 20 with 2237 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 14:25 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

Joking aside, TVOS, it's not, "Nonsense"! If the club genuinely believes that selling 4,000 tickets by this somewhat arcane method is feasible, then the only conclusion one can draw is that they are, at best, half-hearted about wanting to achieve that figure. It's a fabulous offer for fans; that's why it will rightly be enthusiastically received on here, but to achieve the figure of 4,000 plus, it has to appeal to a much wider public, who don't yet consider themselves interested even in football, far less Dale.

Football in general, and Dale in particular, needs to get away from the suspicion that tickets somehow need to be "earned", that the public must somehow demonstrate a willingness to subscribe to its tribal values, pass loyalty tests before it can enter the hallowed portals. If the club (and its fans) were genuinely interested in widening the franchise rather than merely paying lip-service, the offer would be a simple, impossible to refuse flat rate, that even my mum would have understood!

Your implication, as made several times, is that the club don't want to increase crowds. That's the bit that is "nonsense".

The rest of your post contains so many untruths and misconceptions that I can't be bothered picking holes in it.

What I will say is that your suggested offer would probably bankrupt the club, meaning you'd have more time to spend visiting the dentists!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket on 15:10 - Mar 20 with 2197 viewsR17ALE

Season ticket on 14:59 - Mar 20 by nordenblue

I agree with most of that,we could possibly have instead lowered the target numbers and started off as a def price then raised it slightly as the total take up increases past a certain milestone.

Without reading it in too great detail, from a personal point of view I'm not keen buying something ultimately I don't know the price of from the start.

But if you paid your £50 knowing it would be converted into a 5 match book if you couldn't meet the final demand, as it were, then you'd be on a win-win as you easily attend 5 games a year - assuming the games are attractive enough!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season ticket on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 2179 viewslove_the_dale

Season ticket on 13:13 - Mar 20 by boromat

The over 65s hasn't hiked up at all!! I thought that initially but if you look carefully everyone saves at the first target of 2000 apart from the concessions in the Sandy who will pay the same £222 that they did last year until the 2500 mark is passed.

Normally, over 65's get a concession - a lower price than under 65's. With this scheme, they don't.
Season ticket on 15:18 - Mar 20 with 2153 viewsCreepy

I have to admit, this offer has left me in limbo. Me and my student son do about 10 games a season with one thing and another, so it costs me around £300 for those 10 games. If the price for two season tickets would have been around the £300 mark I'd have definitely bought two and been no worse off and then probably taken in another few games because I'd already paid for them. As it stands, I could end up paying £500 for them which just isn't cost effective for me. I suppose it's down to how many games you can get to and personally, I'll just have to wait and see how many deposits are being paid before I part with mine. Like has been mentioned before, I wouldn't mind paying the deposit and having the option of not taking the deal up even if it just meant that the £50 could go towards face value tickets next season. Tricky one !!
Season ticket on 15:20 - Mar 20 with 2144 viewsjustanillusion

A point no one mentions is the supporters who fall into 17-21 years of age bracket, there is very little to get excited about! Presuming (as i expect) we sell between 2000 and 2500 a 17 year old who may well be a apprentice on minimum wage or a sixth form student working part time hours on min rate, they will get a ST for £250, last season the price in TDS was an out of touch £254! A whopping saving of £4 that's if by some remote chance they could afford that!
Last season neighbours Bury and Oldham recognised the importance of retaining this age group who have low income and set their ST prices at £150
The 17-21 age group at Dale have been treated poorly at the last pricing of Season tickets and again with these latest prices
I thought last season the directors and Garlick were completley out of touch with the pricing for this age group it now seems Russ is also.
Season ticket on 15:31 - Mar 20 with 3286 views1907

Season ticket on 15:20 - Mar 20 by justanillusion

A point no one mentions is the supporters who fall into 17-21 years of age bracket, there is very little to get excited about! Presuming (as i expect) we sell between 2000 and 2500 a 17 year old who may well be a apprentice on minimum wage or a sixth form student working part time hours on min rate, they will get a ST for £250, last season the price in TDS was an out of touch £254! A whopping saving of £4 that's if by some remote chance they could afford that!
Last season neighbours Bury and Oldham recognised the importance of retaining this age group who have low income and set their ST prices at £150
The 17-21 age group at Dale have been treated poorly at the last pricing of Season tickets and again with these latest prices
I thought last season the directors and Garlick were completley out of touch with the pricing for this age group it now seems Russ is also.

You're looking at that from a negative perspective in that we have failed in what we are looking to do.

From Russ's interview, he believes we WILL sell 4000 season tickets. So before we all get hot under the collar with coulda, woulda shoulda, why not back Russ with the belief that we shift the target numbers then the 17-21 age bracket will be getting a brilliant deal just like the rest of us.
Season ticket on 15:33 - Mar 20 with 3280 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket on 15:04 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

Your implication, as made several times, is that the club don't want to increase crowds. That's the bit that is "nonsense".

The rest of your post contains so many untruths and misconceptions that I can't be bothered picking holes in it.

What I will say is that your suggested offer would probably bankrupt the club, meaning you'd have more time to spend visiting the dentists!

"What I will say is that your suggested offer would probably bankrupt the club, meaning you'd have more time to spend visiting the dentists!"

How can selling 4,000 tickets at£110 bankrupt the club, when that is precisely what it purports to achieve! Or is, as I suspect, the club not serious about wanting to achieve that figure!

Anecdotally, several people have claimed (even fans of other clubs!), that they would feel compelled to buy (at least one!) ticket at £100 pounds-or-so. I presume you are sceptical that the figure of 4,000 can be achieved, at any price! I suspect the club are, too, which is why the offer in its current form is something of a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. Meanwhile the club and its fans will be free to revert to the comfort blanket of wringing its hands in despair at the apathetic Rochdale public.
Season ticket on 15:34 - Mar 20 with 3267 viewsDaveDave

Season ticket on 13:17 - Mar 20 by boromat

I'm feeling positive hopefully we'll get a domino effect. Get the few extra we need to reach 2000 mark and then the floodgates of people willing to pay the guaranteed £250 will open if there's enough of them we'll hit the 2500 and then again the gates will open for people willing to pay £200.

As I alluded earlier, to prompt this domino effect we need to be regularly updated on how many £50 deposits have been sold on, say a weekly basis.

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket on 15:35 - Mar 20 with 3266 views1907

I really, really despair with fans like you.
Season ticket on 15:49 - Mar 20 with 3191 viewsaleanddale

Season ticket on 11:45 - Mar 20 by tony_roch975

If all current full/half Season Ticket holders bought 2, would we be close to the 4000 mark? 2 @ £110 would still be less than we pay now & we could give the spare as a present or a prize to a local community group?

As others have put...

Brilliant Tony...

This what Tony put plus schools.... There must be loads of dads and lads that don't currently come to the Dale but would for £120 a season!!

One thing that must happen is the sales drive starts here!!
Season ticket on 15:50 - Mar 20 with 3189 viewsraadale

I understand that the £50 is a gamble and a toughy to decide about but my issue with the people who are saying that the £50 deposit should be converted to 5 games or whatever should we fail to sell 4000 is that I suspect that a lot of people would suddenly say ohh i can't afford it, give me my 5 games and i'm happy.

It's only cost effective to sell at the reduced prices at above the 2000 mark if we sell that many and everybody pays? Not well we've only sold 2500 so i now can't afford the rest of the bill so i'll take my 5 games for £50 and be happy.

If all of a sudden 1000 of the 2500 did that it would be a big hit.
Season ticket on 15:58 - Mar 20 with 3151 viewsRowZ

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2044435/On-road-Michael-Walker

"Initially there was a surge and we got to 2,600. But it was sticking a bit. So we made the decision then to guarantee it for £150. It went crazy and we sold 5,900."

Maybe this is another trick up the CEO's sleeve, would be something else seeing 5,900 season ticket holders at the Dale, personally think we'll be lucky to hit the 3000 mark... 150 pounds season ticket will do me though, here's hoping we can reach 4000
Season ticket on 16:03 - Mar 20 with 3108 viewsdingdangblue

Publicity is the main thing - they need to market it at potentially being £4.78p per game! That is the big thing for me. For League 1 football that's unbelievable. Hope Nottingham Forest come down too!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket on 16:15 - Mar 20 with 3074 viewscon_dale

My personal feeling is that if the club set the target at 3000 we could possibly sell 4000, I just feel that people will not pay the £50 non refundable deposit as the target is to high.
Season ticket on 16:24 - Mar 20 with 3038 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 15:33 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

"What I will say is that your suggested offer would probably bankrupt the club, meaning you'd have more time to spend visiting the dentists!"

How can selling 4,000 tickets at£110 bankrupt the club, when that is precisely what it purports to achieve! Or is, as I suspect, the club not serious about wanting to achieve that figure!

Anecdotally, several people have claimed (even fans of other clubs!), that they would feel compelled to buy (at least one!) ticket at £100 pounds-or-so. I presume you are sceptical that the figure of 4,000 can be achieved, at any price! I suspect the club are, too, which is why the offer in its current form is something of a self-fulfilling prophecy of failure. Meanwhile the club and its fans will be free to revert to the comfort blanket of wringing its hands in despair at the apathetic Rochdale public.

Because you want them to sell x tickets at £110, where x is probably going to be a number quite a way below 4000. So if they sold 2000 season tickets at £110, it wouldn't be a wise move.

Your repeated assertion that the club don't want to increase crowds isn't only nonsense, it's poppycock as well. It is also based on absolutely nothing apart from a strange interpretation of the club's attempts to increase gates.

You seem to be confusing what you want to the club to do with what's financially sensible.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 16:26]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket on 16:26 - Mar 20 with 3027 viewsaleanddale

Ultimately what worked well at Harlepool was the roll they got on via the messageboard.

They did not think it possible but spread the word.. Took a leap of faith and it snowballed.

Eventually the whole town was buzzing and the rest has been history... We cannot underestimate talking about the deal and if we get past 2500 the final milestones of 3000 and who knows 4000 could come quickly!

The monkey hanger messageboard obviously had club help as the totaliser they used was updated weekly.. The buzz they created with each block off 100 sales ( 600 Jump one pay day ) enabled the success.

What's to lose come on let's go for it!!

Twonk award to the first poster who puts £50!!
Season ticket on 16:31 - Mar 20 with 2996 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket on 16:26 - Mar 20 by aleanddale

Ultimately what worked well at Harlepool was the roll they got on via the messageboard.

They did not think it possible but spread the word.. Took a leap of faith and it snowballed.

Eventually the whole town was buzzing and the rest has been history... We cannot underestimate talking about the deal and if we get past 2500 the final milestones of 3000 and who knows 4000 could come quickly!

The monkey hanger messageboard obviously had club help as the totaliser they used was updated weekly.. The buzz they created with each block off 100 sales ( 600 Jump one pay day ) enabled the success.

What's to lose come on let's go for it!!

Twonk award to the first poster who puts £50!!

A great read for all doubters and non doubters.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9969&

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 2872 viewsBass1

Season ticket on 16:31 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

A great read for all doubters and non doubters.

http://www.hartlepool.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9969&

I'll be ordering my 2 season tickets as soon as I can! Potentially under a fiver a game? Why wouldn't I!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 17:13]

Season ticket on 17:17 - Mar 20 with 2827 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket on 15:10 - Mar 20 by R17ALE

But if you paid your £50 knowing it would be converted into a 5 match book if you couldn't meet the final demand, as it were, then you'd be on a win-win as you easily attend 5 games a year - assuming the games are attractive enough!!

As I said I've not read it in detail as I'm currently away,if we could possibly play some giant footballing magnet like Shrewsbury on a cold winter night my money would be well spent,no doubt
Season ticket on 17:21 - Mar 20 with 2808 viewsBarrowdale

Awesome offer. Probably too cheap but they must have costed it ??
We will easily sell 3000 in my humble opinion but wouldn't be surprised at 4,000

I'll be having 2 on opening day anyway.

FFs people put £50 on the spin of a coin. It's not the worst gamble ever
Season ticket on 17:30 - Mar 20 with 2766 viewsmightydale

Season ticket on 17:05 - Mar 20 by Bass1

I'll be ordering my 2 season tickets as soon as I can! Potentially under a fiver a game? Why wouldn't I!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 17:13]

Only been to 3 games this season ,but at these prices Deffo getting a season ticket ,even if I miss 10 games it still a bargin.
Two people text me today saying we are buying a season tickets (they never brought a season ticket in 30 years watching rochdale) the profits in the carlsberg lounge with jump will sore next season lol.

Just need the booze coach to make appearance next season it be like the old days

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Season ticket on 17:46 - Mar 20 with 2699 viewsR17ALE

Season ticket on 11:45 - Mar 20 by tony_roch975

If all current full/half Season Ticket holders bought 2, would we be close to the 4000 mark? 2 @ £110 would still be less than we pay now & we could give the spare as a present or a prize to a local community group?

That's brilliant logic.

I'll put down for 2 on that very basis!

Season ticket on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 2629 views442Dale

Of course for those who can't afford to part with £50 it's very hard to justify, but for those who can and they're a Dale fan/semi regular/have an interest in local football, it's hard to justify NOT paying the deposit.

Yes, there's a chance a target might not be hit and in that situation they can either pay an amount they don't want to or lose the £50, but it's about looking at the bigger picture. By paying the £50 now you're doing it for your club and your fellow fans who are doing the same, you're also doing it for the people considering parting with the deposit themselves. They want you to help make their decision and you want them to decide to do the same.

Again, this is SPECIFIC to those who CAN afford £50, some of whom will be hoping those who maybe can't will also take up what is a great initiative. It's not a case of "this is a good deal for me" or "I'll wait and see because I don't think it'll work but if it does I'll get one", it's about putting our own preferences to one side for the greater good. The word "I" needs to be shelved for a couple of months.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket on 18:13 - Mar 20 with 2563 viewsjajadale

Does anybody know the amount of money made by the club by selling season tickets last year?

Looking at next years prices they are aiming for between £420,000 and £550,000 +u11s (hope my maths are correct) dependant on numbers sold: the more they sell the less the initial income will be but this will be offset by the increased matchday revenue (not to mention the priceless increased atmosphere).

The club have covered themselves without taking too much of a gamble- the fans though are the ones who will have to take the gamble, the difference between £110 and potentially £300+ If we don't sell 2000 is huge for a lot of people in this town and I think this will put a lot of people off paying a £50 deposit.

I'll be taking that gamble, not sure the floating fans will though.

PS I do praise Russ and the club for trying something different. Up the Dale.
Season ticket on 18:15 - Mar 20 with 2554 viewsR17ALE

Season ticket on 18:00 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

Of course for those who can't afford to part with £50 it's very hard to justify, but for those who can and they're a Dale fan/semi regular/have an interest in local football, it's hard to justify NOT paying the deposit.

Yes, there's a chance a target might not be hit and in that situation they can either pay an amount they don't want to or lose the £50, but it's about looking at the bigger picture. By paying the £50 now you're doing it for your club and your fellow fans who are doing the same, you're also doing it for the people considering parting with the deposit themselves. They want you to help make their decision and you want them to decide to do the same.

Again, this is SPECIFIC to those who CAN afford £50, some of whom will be hoping those who maybe can't will also take up what is a great initiative. It's not a case of "this is a good deal for me" or "I'll wait and see because I don't think it'll work but if it does I'll get one", it's about putting our own preferences to one side for the greater good. The word "I" needs to be shelved for a couple of months.

Perfectly put. This is about the whole fanbase coming together as one, putting our deposits down, and generating early momentum which might make others sit up and take notice. And it's all for the wider good of other fans.

I do hope the club embrace this forum and use it well, as without this place, 4000 won't be achieved in my view.

Hopefully, Col will be summoned to buy into the club's plan and strategy.

Doesn't half feel pleasantly weird to be using the words plan and strategy in the same sentence as club!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024