Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket 21:11 - Mar 19 with 24337 viewssandy_dale

Announcement tomorrow regarding season tickets for 17/18
Season ticket on 09:48 - Mar 20 with 4074 viewsisitme

Season ticket on 08:19 - Mar 20 by rochedale

I get your points, but I think the reason the club have gone this route, rather than a set 'low price' is to encourage the fans to market the hell out of it, kind of like an affiliate scheme. I actually think we will shift 4000, but it's down to us as fans to share and encourage those premier league arm chair fans to take up the offer of live football.

I do agree it is a very interesting and creative idea and that the viral marketing side could help the club considerably to promote season tickets, but I have concerns that I have previously outlined.

Let's say I know someone who would love to go and watch football, but does not have much money, which could describe many in the Rochdale area. They see the headline of season tickets for £110 and then we talk through the practicalities and they realise that they could be taking a gamble of paying £50 for something that could end up costing £110 or over £300, which if it is the later they cannot afford. £50 is a lot of money to many people.

I think the idea of a 'totaliser' is excellent and that the club should be using every medium they can to push how many have been sold and how selling X many more could lead to a discount. Those who are then unsure about the gamble could then have a bit more certainty.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 10:10]
Season ticket on 09:57 - Mar 20 with 4023 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket on 08:09 - Mar 20 by SandyDrum

This is going to sound very negative but i think its the truth.

I think we all know deep down we will not sell 4000 season tickets.
If the offer had been £110 season tickets no matter what, we probably might have managed around 3500.

Unfortunately we live in a town where the majority of people don't care about the football team, it would hCe taken something special to shift 4000.

I don't think any ifs, buts or maybes will help at all and we might struggle here.

fwiw I don't think you're being negative, just expressing what we all suspect to be true, but would be amazed and delighted if it came about

I see no reason why we couldn't achieve the lower targets though, particularly the 2000 baseline at which a really attractive ST offer still exists

If this results in a higher baseline for attendances and we continue on an upward trend in footballing terms, the vicious circle will have been broken, and further increases could then be targeted the season after, and the one after that

This initiative is hopefully just the start therefore, and it'll take some time if we're to finally get the town to wake up and take up what's on offer at the COA

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket on 10:06 - Mar 20 with 3974 viewsWill_RAFC

Brilliant offer, though nitpicking it would have been better to see a starting set price that "same as this season". I think we will easily hit 3000. It's up to those who will buy a season ticket anyway, or at least at the lowest price band, to get down their deposits as early as they can so the club can push tickets at the lower prices as early as possible.
Season ticket on 10:20 - Mar 20 with 3879 viewsCamdenDale

Definite mind set change from the club - I think it's fantastic. Team Rochdale indeed.
Season ticket on 10:31 - Mar 20 with 3834 viewsFrog

I hope the club has looked into the legality of a non refundable deposit as putting £50 down is, in a way, a gamble.
Season ticket on 10:32 - Mar 20 with 3824 viewsKenBoon

Do we have 1800 season ticket holders now. With about 600 being the half-season tickets?3000 really does seem achievable given those numbers.
Season ticket on 10:36 - Mar 20 with 3791 viewsisitme

Season ticket on 10:32 - Mar 20 by KenBoon

Do we have 1800 season ticket holders now. With about 600 being the half-season tickets?3000 really does seem achievable given those numbers.

How many of those 1800 are under 11 or under 16? Only adult season tickets count in the 2,000+ target.
Season ticket on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 3751 viewssweetcorn

I personally wouldn't be willing to put a £50 deposit down on a season ticket without knowing the price..

Although i go most games, i go uni on tuesdays, so i'm likely to miss those and cant always make the game..

Im not willing to gamble £50 on something which might not work out as worthwhile for me.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket on 11:09 - Mar 20 with 3637 viewsDaley_Lama

Best thing in the article not yet mentioned.

Under 11 season ticket £10. No admin fee.

Poll: DF in or out

Season ticket on 11:24 - Mar 20 with 3550 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket on 10:42 - Mar 20 by sweetcorn

I personally wouldn't be willing to put a £50 deposit down on a season ticket without knowing the price..

Although i go most games, i go uni on tuesdays, so i'm likely to miss those and cant always make the game..

Im not willing to gamble £50 on something which might not work out as worthwhile for me.

On this specific issue (leaving everything else to one side):

Would reaching the 2000 sales figure trigger it for you?

It's something many other people might be holding back from, so getting to that figure is an absolute must as quickly as possible

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 11:25]

Season ticket on 11:32 - Mar 20 with 3490 viewsisitme

Season ticket on 11:24 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

On this specific issue (leaving everything else to one side):

Would reaching the 2000 sales figure trigger it for you?

It's something many other people might be holding back from, so getting to that figure is an absolute must as quickly as possible

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 11:25]

I agree with you about that figure being a trigger, but if too many people are holding on until we reach that figure we may not achieve it as too many people are waiting for it to be reached.
Season ticket on 11:42 - Mar 20 with 3433 views_dezzy

I'd be more than happy if we hit 2500. At £200 that's less than a tenner per game. Happy days

KHBA

Season ticket on 11:45 - Mar 20 with 3408 viewsDaveDave

It would be useful if we have a weekly update on how many tickets have been taken up.

Season ticket on 11:45 - Mar 20 with 3408 viewstony_roch975

If all current full/half Season Ticket holders bought 2, would we be close to the 4000 mark? 2 @ £110 would still be less than we pay now & we could give the spare as a present or a prize to a local community group?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Season ticket on 11:48 - Mar 20 with 3367 viewsCamdenDale

Exactly the spirit Tony.
Season ticket on 11:51 - Mar 20 with 3519 viewsTTNYear

Season ticket on 11:45 - Mar 20 by DaveDave

It would be useful if we have a weekly update on how many tickets have been taken up.

I think also it would be useful if the club indicated what season ticket sales were last season (with the £100 season ticket take up), to give potential season ticket holders who aren't aware of how many season ticket holders we currently have. We know as fans but someone outside our fan base may not.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 13:52]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Season ticket on 11:54 - Mar 20 with 3503 viewsShun

Interesting and really good offer. Now, crucially, let's get advertising it!
Season ticket on 11:55 - Mar 20 with 3497 viewsStreety1996

Hopefully it can push people who aren't ST holders to become one, I haven't been for a few seasons as it was cheaper for me to pay on the gate but think i'll certainly be purchasing a ST next season.

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Season ticket on 11:56 - Mar 20 with 3486 viewsDaveDave

Season ticket on 11:54 - Mar 20 by Shun

Interesting and really good offer. Now, crucially, let's get advertising it!

I see that Rochdale Online are carrying the story in their Sports Section

Season ticket on 12:01 - Mar 20 with 3448 viewsBobbyjoe

A missed opportunity I'm afraid, which will serve only to allow the club to claim it tried. At £110 from the outset with no cut-off date, not even once the season has started (i.e. just keep selling them to anyone who'll buy one, even, perhaps even especially, on matchdays!), you couldn't fail to sell at least 4,000. £110 would sell it even to people who aren't interested in football!!! This way you won't sell any more than usual, I fear. The club are asking people to take a massive leap into the dark, whilst staking nothing, themselves!
Season ticket on 12:14 - Mar 20 with 3354 viewsSuggers

Season ticket on 12:01 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

A missed opportunity I'm afraid, which will serve only to allow the club to claim it tried. At £110 from the outset with no cut-off date, not even once the season has started (i.e. just keep selling them to anyone who'll buy one, even, perhaps even especially, on matchdays!), you couldn't fail to sell at least 4,000. £110 would sell it even to people who aren't interested in football!!! This way you won't sell any more than usual, I fear. The club are asking people to take a massive leap into the dark, whilst staking nothing, themselves!

It would be irresponsible of the club to do as you suggest, above all they have a responsibility to keep the club solvent. This offer balances this with an incentive to new and old supporters. I am pleased that the majority of responses have been positive.
Season ticket on 12:17 - Mar 20 with 3341 views49thseason

If the £50 deposit is a stumbling block, the club could offer 5 x £10 "floating" tickets to anyone who cant afford to buy the season ticket at whatever the final price is. Floating games would be any game which is not declared "all ticket".
Season ticket on 12:30 - Mar 20 with 3277 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket on 12:17 - Mar 20 by 49thseason

If the £50 deposit is a stumbling block, the club could offer 5 x £10 "floating" tickets to anyone who cant afford to buy the season ticket at whatever the final price is. Floating games would be any game which is not declared "all ticket".

Agree with this in principle, should sales not take off initially, although i'd probably make it 3 games which would still be a saving in any stand

That way, no-one would have anything to lose in any whatsoever

Season ticket on 12:47 - Mar 20 with 3190 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 12:01 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

In other words, something that suits you...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket on 12:50 - Mar 20 with 3174 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket on 12:47 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

In other words, something that suits you...

Doesn't suit me at all to sell 4,000 tickets; I much preferred it when you could stroll up at five to three, and sit where you like!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024