Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket 21:11 - Mar 19 with 24327 viewssandy_dale

Announcement tomorrow regarding season tickets for 17/18
Season ticket on 12:52 - Mar 20 with 3009 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket on 12:50 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

Doesn't suit me at all to sell 4,000 tickets; I much preferred it when you could stroll up at five to three, and sit where you like!

PS I suspect the club and I share identical views, in that respect!
Season ticket on 12:57 - Mar 20 with 2968 viewsPhil

Season ticket on 12:01 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

A missed opportunity I'm afraid, which will serve only to allow the club to claim it tried. At £110 from the outset with no cut-off date, not even once the season has started (i.e. just keep selling them to anyone who'll buy one, even, perhaps even especially, on matchdays!), you couldn't fail to sell at least 4,000. £110 would sell it even to people who aren't interested in football!!! This way you won't sell any more than usual, I fear. The club are asking people to take a massive leap into the dark, whilst staking nothing, themselves!

I don't know why this post has been marked down so much, these are valid points.

If our intention was to sell 4000+ season tickets, the best way to achieve this is to charge £110 flat fee. With no uncertainty.

The uncertainty will mean most people will wait until 1-2 weeks to go to see what the final price is likely to be. Which in turn means by that point we will be WAY under even the 2000 sales mark. What will the floating supporter think at that point?

Also the base Over-65's price has just hiked up considerably. Another group of people for whom the £50 deposit is a major gamble.
Season ticket on 12:58 - Mar 20 with 2957 viewssweetcorn

Season ticket on 11:24 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

On this specific issue (leaving everything else to one side):

Would reaching the 2000 sales figure trigger it for you?

It's something many other people might be holding back from, so getting to that figure is an absolute must as quickly as possible

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 11:25]

For me it would have to be £150 or less..

Theres been quite a few games this season on a tuesday night and there are even a couple of saturdays ive had to miss.

So for me id rather pay that little extra and not be tied to anything, however if the price was something which was a no brainer such as £150 or less then id purchase one regardless of the games i may miss..

The idea of the £50 deposit becoming entry into 5 games for those who cant afford the final asking price is a grest idea and one which would give this a better chance of taking off..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Season ticket on 12:59 - Mar 20 with 2955 viewsdawlishdale

Doesn't suit me at all to sell 4,000 tickets; I much preferred it when you could stroll up at five to three, and sit where you like!

But you didn't bother going often though...preferring to pick & choose perhaps 3 or 4 games a season?

I know from your posts on here that you live within walking distance of the COA, and I also understand that you have followed Rochdale for a long time.

If everyone else did what you choose to do, we simply would not have a team.

That would be the real missed opportunity.
Season ticket on 12:59 - Mar 20 with 2948 viewsTVOS1907

That's still rather selfish.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket on 13:00 - Mar 20 with 2943 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 12:52 - Mar 20 by Bobbyjoe

PS I suspect the club and I share identical views, in that respect!

Nonsense.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket on 13:02 - Mar 20 with 2928 viewsboromat

Going off the youtube video we sold 1850 season and half season tickets. So we only need another 150 to reach that first target. Surely we'll manage that!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Season ticket on 13:02 - Mar 20 with 2927 viewsraadale

Think it's a great initiative and really hope it works. Watching Russ's interview on You Tube i'm a lot more confident. He seems to be very positive it's achievable. Also mentioned the under 11s which is now a £10 membership of junior dale which gets you a goodie bag, stationary set, season ticket, scarf as well as other goodies and newsletters. Think this is a fantastic iniative and deserves a lot of credit. Possibly the best part of this offer. Very keen to point out no admin fee :)
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket on 13:04 - Mar 20 with 2902 views1907

Season ticket on 12:57 - Mar 20 by Phil

I don't know why this post has been marked down so much, these are valid points.

If our intention was to sell 4000+ season tickets, the best way to achieve this is to charge £110 flat fee. With no uncertainty.

The uncertainty will mean most people will wait until 1-2 weeks to go to see what the final price is likely to be. Which in turn means by that point we will be WAY under even the 2000 sales mark. What will the floating supporter think at that point?

Also the base Over-65's price has just hiked up considerably. Another group of people for whom the £50 deposit is a major gamble.

The over 65's that have more money than the majority of the working class?

Yes it may be a lot for some over 65's, but I would put my neck on the line and say that the majority of our over 65 supporters would have £50 lying around.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 13:05]
Season ticket on 13:11 - Mar 20 with 2838 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket on 12:59 - Mar 20 by dawlishdale

But you didn't bother going often though...preferring to pick & choose perhaps 3 or 4 games a season?

I know from your posts on here that you live within walking distance of the COA, and I also understand that you have followed Rochdale for a long time.

If everyone else did what you choose to do, we simply would not have a team.

That would be the real missed opportunity.

I don't go to the dentist's as often as I should either!
Season ticket on 13:12 - Mar 20 with 2820 viewsoddjob007

Really fabulous idea - but the mechanics of it have not entirely been thought through in my opinion.

The club are, in effect, asking supporters to gamble on the success of the initiative. Your initial stake is £50 and then you will be liable for an additional amount of between £60 and £200, depending on if the gamble pays off.

Let's face it, history isn't on side here, have we ever sold more than 2,000 season tickets? Rochdale isn't known for being a prosperous place - £60 is a heck of a lot different to £200 - putting it in layman's terms - for a bloke it's the difference between a week off the pop, or a month off the pop!

As someone who hasn't had a season ticket for 10 years (university and now living away from Rochdale), but probably attends about 10 games a season, and likely as being someone who this initiative is aimed at - I would buy one tomorrow for probably anything up to £150.

Ask me to gamble on paying up to another £100 on top of that, and I'm thinking I'll stick with buying a ticket whenever I decide to come.

Right idea - needs some more thought.
Season ticket on 13:13 - Mar 20 with 2813 viewsboromat

Season ticket on 13:04 - Mar 20 by 1907

The over 65's that have more money than the majority of the working class?

Yes it may be a lot for some over 65's, but I would put my neck on the line and say that the majority of our over 65 supporters would have £50 lying around.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 13:05]

The over 65s hasn't hiked up at all!! I thought that initially but if you look carefully everyone saves at the first target of 2000 apart from the concessions in the Sandy who will pay the same £222 that they did last year until the 2500 mark is passed.

Season ticket on 13:17 - Mar 20 with 2787 viewsboromat

Season ticket on 13:12 - Mar 20 by oddjob007

Really fabulous idea - but the mechanics of it have not entirely been thought through in my opinion.

The club are, in effect, asking supporters to gamble on the success of the initiative. Your initial stake is £50 and then you will be liable for an additional amount of between £60 and £200, depending on if the gamble pays off.

Let's face it, history isn't on side here, have we ever sold more than 2,000 season tickets? Rochdale isn't known for being a prosperous place - £60 is a heck of a lot different to £200 - putting it in layman's terms - for a bloke it's the difference between a week off the pop, or a month off the pop!

As someone who hasn't had a season ticket for 10 years (university and now living away from Rochdale), but probably attends about 10 games a season, and likely as being someone who this initiative is aimed at - I would buy one tomorrow for probably anything up to £150.

Ask me to gamble on paying up to another £100 on top of that, and I'm thinking I'll stick with buying a ticket whenever I decide to come.

I'm feeling positive hopefully we'll get a domino effect. Get the few extra we need to reach 2000 mark and then the floodgates of people willing to pay the guaranteed £250 will open if there's enough of them we'll hit the 2500 and then again the gates will open for people willing to pay £200.

Season ticket on 13:20 - Mar 20 with 2765 viewsToffeemanc

Season ticket on 09:21 - Mar 20 by isitme

Which if you are a supporter who is interested in maybe buying season tickets for the first time, or a lapsed season ticket holder, you may not know how much that is.

I bought a season ticket last year but off the top of my head have no idea how much I paid. I assume this initiative is aimed, quite rightly at attracting new season ticket holders so they should be presented with the full facts about how much they may have to pay.

It would be lovely if we all only end up paying £110!

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/documents/rafc-season-ticket-app-form-2016-17-speci

Anyone wishing to make comparisons can take a look at the above link with the current pricing for this years season tickets to see possible savings/affordability etc.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Season ticket on 13:22 - Mar 20 with 2746 viewsisitme

Season ticket on 13:02 - Mar 20 by boromat

Going off the youtube video we sold 1850 season and half season tickets. So we only need another 150 to reach that first target. Surely we'll manage that!

That is 1850 in total.

For the initiative next season we need 2000+ adult tickets to be sold so not as near as you think.
Season ticket on 13:40 - Mar 20 with 2616 viewsTTNYear

Season ticket on 13:22 - Mar 20 by isitme

That is 1850 in total.

For the initiative next season we need 2000+ adult tickets to be sold so not as near as you think.

Where does it say 'adult season ticket sales', isitme? Has this been an oversight?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Season ticket on 13:40 - Mar 20 with 2614 viewsaleanddale

Season ticket on 13:02 - Mar 20 by raadale

Think it's a great initiative and really hope it works. Watching Russ's interview on You Tube i'm a lot more confident. He seems to be very positive it's achievable. Also mentioned the under 11s which is now a £10 membership of junior dale which gets you a goodie bag, stationary set, season ticket, scarf as well as other goodies and newsletters. Think this is a fantastic iniative and deserves a lot of credit. Possibly the best part of this offer. Very keen to point out no admin fee :)

This (IMHO) is where the scheme could fly.

Got to target all primary schools with a decent flyer ( would schools send a PDF flyer to all their data base? ).

A family of 4 can have 23 games of football for £240.00. Every family that does this chalks 2 off the target!
Season ticket on 13:42 - Mar 20 with 2585 viewsTTNYear

Ah just seen it!

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Season ticket on 13:44 - Mar 20 with 2563 viewsDaley_Lama

Season ticket on 13:40 - Mar 20 by TTNYear

Where does it say 'adult season ticket sales', isitme? Has this been an oversight?

Edit: Just seen that you've seen it.

12-16 Included
11 and under excluded

Prices for Junior Season Tickets aged 12—16 will be £89. If we reach the 2,000 sales target, the price will reduce to £50 and remain at £50.

Junior supporters aged 11 and under can purchase a season ticket for £10 and will automatically join our Junior Dale Club. Junior season ticket holders will also receive a Dale gym bag, scarf, water bottle, pen and pencil set and quarterly newsletter. (Important: 11s and under season tickets are not included in the above targets.)
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 13:46]

Poll: DF in or out

Season ticket on 13:49 - Mar 20 with 2534 viewsTTNYear

Season ticket on 13:44 - Mar 20 by Daley_Lama

Edit: Just seen that you've seen it.

12-16 Included
11 and under excluded

Prices for Junior Season Tickets aged 12—16 will be £89. If we reach the 2,000 sales target, the price will reduce to £50 and remain at £50.

Junior supporters aged 11 and under can purchase a season ticket for £10 and will automatically join our Junior Dale Club. Junior season ticket holders will also receive a Dale gym bag, scarf, water bottle, pen and pencil set and quarterly newsletter. (Important: 11s and under season tickets are not included in the above targets.)
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 13:46]

Couldn't see the woods for the trees, Lama. It's my age.

Season ticket on 13:54 - Mar 20 with 2506 viewsrochdaleriddler

I think it's a great initiative, I don't see why we can't sell 4000. He did it at Hartlepool. Even at 3000 it's a great deal. Let's have it, be great to see the place fuller every week. We seem to be missing 20-40 year olds, lots of old tossers like me, and kids but not much in between.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Season ticket on 13:59 - Mar 20 with 2490 viewsisitme

Season ticket on 13:40 - Mar 20 by TTNYear

Sorry it is not just adult season tickets but 12-16 as well, which should make the targets a bit more achievable. I do suspect that we have a significant number of under 11 season tickets in our current figure of 1,800.
Season ticket on 14:19 - Mar 20 with 2395 viewsdalefan

Season ticket on 11:45 - Mar 20 by tony_roch975

If all current full/half Season Ticket holders bought 2, would we be close to the 4000 mark? 2 @ £110 would still be less than we pay now & we could give the spare as a present or a prize to a local community group?

What a good idea
Season ticket on 14:25 - Mar 20 with 2358 viewsBobbyjoe

Season ticket on 13:00 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

Nonsense.

Joking aside, TVOS, it's not, "Nonsense"! If the club genuinely believes that selling 4,000 tickets by this somewhat arcane method is feasible, then the only conclusion one can draw is that they are, at best, half-hearted about wanting to achieve that figure. It's a fabulous offer for fans; that's why it will rightly be enthusiastically received on here, but to achieve the figure of 4,000 plus, it has to appeal to a much wider public, who don't yet consider themselves interested even in football, far less Dale.

Football in general, and Dale in particular, needs to get away from the suspicion that tickets somehow need to be "earned", that the public must somehow demonstrate a willingness to subscribe to its tribal values, pass loyalty tests before it can enter the hallowed portals. If the club (and its fans) were genuinely interested in widening the franchise rather than merely paying lip-service, the offer would be a simple, impossible to refuse flat rate, that even my mum would have understood!
Season ticket on 14:59 - Mar 20 with 2250 viewsnordenblue

Season ticket on 13:12 - Mar 20 by oddjob007

I agree with most of that,we could possibly have instead lowered the target numbers and started off as a def price then raised it slightly as the total take up increases past a certain milestone.

Without reading it in too great detail, from a personal point of view I'm not keen buying something ultimately I don't know the price of from the start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024