Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket 21:11 - Mar 19 with 24331 viewssandy_dale

Announcement tomorrow regarding season tickets for 17/18
Season ticket on 21:20 - Mar 20 with 3019 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket on 21:12 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Call it a hunch, but I reckon we'll see sales before the deadline stick at around 3250-3500, unless there's a new ploy brought to bear that takes risk away from the £50 deposit; some ideas have already been mentioned. At those sort of figures though, maybe there wouldn't need to be any additional marketing ploys erm... employed

If we can achieve in the low to mid 3000s this time round, it'd be a significant baseline to build upon. Obviously, I'd be delighted if we achieve the 4000 but we must be prepared for that not to happen, without seeing it as some kind of failure; no doubt some people would, but that's just their mindset - they thought anything less than a couple of thousand half st sales would be a failure but far from it

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 21:14]

I did of course mean 110 above (edited). And I agree with your hunch in broad terms but hope we're wrong. Also think at 110 more than 4k would have happened. Anyway, it is what it is now. Whatever happens we'll have more support next year. Reasons to be cheerful, part three.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season ticket on 21:29 - Mar 20 with 2983 viewsrochedale

Season ticket on 15:10 - Mar 20 by R17ALE

But if you paid your £50 knowing it would be converted into a 5 match book if you couldn't meet the final demand, as it were, then you'd be on a win-win as you easily attend 5 games a year - assuming the games are attractive enough!!

Brilliant idea, which would ensure the potential of losing a deposit, would not be a worry. This one point is really worth considering and I hope one of the powers that be sees it and incorporates in to the offer thus making paying your deposit a complete 'no risk.' Great idea.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Season ticket on 05:44 - Mar 21 with 2808 viewspioneer

i hope they apply the same strategy for pie sales..deposit up front and price falls with more purchasers. But could we MEAT the demand?
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:08 - Mar 21 with 2721 viewsJimlidale

5 games (just over 6 for those that frequent The Sandy) based on this seasons game by game basis was £110 anyone that has gone to 5 games plus should just bite the bullet and put their £50 down. You know it makes sense
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 16:28]
Season ticket on 09:21 - Mar 21 with 2664 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket on 05:44 - Mar 21 by pioneer

i hope they apply the same strategy for pie sales..deposit up front and price falls with more purchasers. But could we MEAT the demand?

They'd order extra surely? Rumours of shortages need to be Scotched now.

Season ticket on 14:50 - Mar 21 with 2418 viewsPhil

The regular ST holders will happily put down their £50. You can add some lapsed ST holders who see the £50 as an affordable gamble. This should get us to the 1500 mark (adult tickets only).

To get 4000+ we need to appeal to the floating supporter, who will only jump when we reach the 2500-3000 mark (£200-£150/ticket). This was the experience of Hartlepool where the sales had a good start, then dropped off, and were only boosted again when the offer was revised.

Unfortunately for us, the floating supporters have no incentive to decide early. In fact the schedule encourages them to wait until 1-2 weeks before the deadline so they have a better idea what the end price will be. If everyone does this we may well be disappointed.

The thought of Rochdale playing top half L1 football in front of 4000+ home fans is fantastic. The pricing concept is excellent, it now needs to be matched by the advertising and sales updates. Every football fan in Rochdale should know about this deal. The advertising needs to be "in your face". Already, on the official website, the ST pricing is on page 2 of the news section, things like this have to be addressed.

I still believe we should have had more faith in the Rochdale public. A flat fixed price of £110 in our 110th year would have sold 4000+. Fact. Although of course we'll never know. But would definitely have given us a better chance of reaching 4000+ which is surely the target.

Of course a 10 match winning run followed by victory in the playoffs would also help.
Season ticket on 16:00 - Mar 21 with 2291 viewsdingdangblue

Season ticket on 21:12 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Call it a hunch, but I reckon we'll see sales before the deadline stick at around 3250-3500, unless there's a new ploy brought to bear that takes risk away from the £50 deposit; some ideas have already been mentioned. At those sort of figures though, maybe there wouldn't need to be any additional marketing ploys erm... employed

If we can achieve in the low to mid 3000s this time round, it'd be a significant baseline to build upon. Obviously, I'd be delighted if we achieve the 4000 but we must be prepared for that not to happen, without seeing it as some kind of failure; no doubt some people would, but that's just their mindset - they thought anything less than a couple of thousand half st sales would be a failure but far from it

[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 21:14]

It has to be £110 now at the end of the day - it's failed otherwise - especially as they sold the 4000 target and more at Hartlepool when Russ was there. I would urge the club to even embellish sales figures if need be - the more targets we meet (or supposedly meet) the more it will snowball. When they met the 4000 target at Hartlepool (or it was reported they'd met it) and it was confirmed it would be £100 they sold 500 in one day afterwards! And ended up shifting over 5000! I asked a workmate today if he'd get one at £200 and he said probably not - then I asked him what if you heard that 4000 had been sold and it was £110 and he said he'd get one no question. The more positive sales news that the club put out before June 21st the better. They have the Hogan money as a massive safety net for this one - it's now or never.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season ticket on 16:28 - Mar 21 with 2216 viewsDaleiLama

Season ticket on 16:00 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

It has to be £110 now at the end of the day - it's failed otherwise - especially as they sold the 4000 target and more at Hartlepool when Russ was there. I would urge the club to even embellish sales figures if need be - the more targets we meet (or supposedly meet) the more it will snowball. When they met the 4000 target at Hartlepool (or it was reported they'd met it) and it was confirmed it would be £100 they sold 500 in one day afterwards! And ended up shifting over 5000! I asked a workmate today if he'd get one at £200 and he said probably not - then I asked him what if you heard that 4000 had been sold and it was £110 and he said he'd get one no question. The more positive sales news that the club put out before June 21st the better. They have the Hogan money as a massive safety net for this one - it's now or never.

Agree with you 100% after sleeping on it. If they hoped in their wildest dreams to sell 5-6k, they must have stress tested it to only sell 4k so they would get a revenue of £440k, which must have been workable.

If they had hit DA's suggested numbers of 3250-3500 (= £150 ST)and it stalled and no further action was taken, they would get 488k-525k. More money but not a kings ransom more.

If it was flat-priced at £110 and they got 3250-3500, it would give a range of income between 358k and 385k. Admittedly, also, there would be 500-750 fewer attendees who could have generated additional revenue that Rosun alluded to.

This is a blow the lid off numbers game though. After seeing the social media promotion, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the tickets won't end up being £110. There's too much at stake and the club would be mad if they let the offer be capped at any number below 4k.

Also, there has been a bucket load of good publicity generated. That could quickly turn sour if the offer were allowed to backfire. The simplest way would be to extend the ST deadline or just get rid of it altogether. Why not sell STs until the 6th last home game of the season. If someone relocated back to t'Dale, it would still pay for itself in the main stand even then!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 16:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket on 16:56 - Mar 21 with 2145 viewsnorthendrtops

What a great idea this is, I only hope that PNE use this format, Its being talked about in great depth on PNE forum and should be it's worthy of anything I've seen from any other club, I hope we take it up. Good luck tonight I think you might need it, but a run of wins for you now could just give you that lift you need, with 2 games in hand of some and a win against a Millwall team would be heaven for you.
Season ticket on 15:54 - Mar 26 with 1799 viewsaleanddale

Bump..

Need to keep this thread on page 1...

Hope we get a win Tuesday to attract as many as possible to the Northampton game on Saturday.
Season ticket on 16:32 - Mar 26 with 1731 viewsD_Alien

Season ticket on 15:54 - Mar 26 by aleanddale

Bump..

Need to keep this thread on page 1...

Hope we get a win Tuesday to attract as many as possible to the Northampton game on Saturday.

Chances are, that most casual supporters will wait for the £1 entry game a week on Tuesday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season ticket on 18:19 - Mar 26 with 1633 viewsRosun

Season ticket on 20:37 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

Plus I think half the fun will be the journey towards 21st June. This will create real interest throughout close season.

Longest day of the year too!
Keep the office open until midnight and get Sky Sport's Jim White down at the COA broadcasting live updates on ticket sales.
Season ticket on 18:52 - Mar 26 with 1580 viewschalkyncfc

Hartlepool did a £100 season ticket a few years ago,5300 took up the offer which wasn't bad considering that their average attendance's was around the 3000 mark so worth while pushing it as hard as you can I suppose,even a £250 tkt is good value
Season ticket on 19:00 - Mar 26 with 1565 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 18:52 - Mar 26 by chalkyncfc

Hartlepool did a £100 season ticket a few years ago,5300 took up the offer which wasn't bad considering that their average attendance's was around the 3000 mark so worth while pushing it as hard as you can I suppose,even a £250 tkt is good value

Did they?

Surprised nobody has mentioned it before.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket on 19:07 - Mar 26 with 1545 viewschalkyncfc

Sorry,I must have missed that bit
Season ticket on 19:08 - Mar 26 with 1539 viewsroccydaleian

Season ticket on 18:52 - Mar 26 by chalkyncfc

Fook off Chalky!
Season ticket on 19:09 - Mar 26 with 1528 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 19:08 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

Fook off Chalky!

Bet he doesn't abandon his local convenience store!

Season ticket on 19:10 - Mar 26 with 1524 viewschalkyncfc

Season ticket on 19:08 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

Fook off Chalky!

Its wearing very thin now tbf
Season ticket on 19:10 - Mar 26 with 1516 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 19:07 - Mar 26 by chalkyncfc

Sorry,I must have missed that bit

Aye, you can say that again.

Season ticket on 19:14 - Mar 26 with 1504 viewsroccydaleian

Season ticket on 19:09 - Mar 26 by TVOS1907

Bet he doesn't abandon his local convenience store!

Maybe his convenience store doesn't have you queuing for yonks, stock in and meat that's fresh.
Season ticket on 19:16 - Mar 26 with 1488 viewschalkyncfc

Season ticket on 19:14 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

Maybe his convenience store doesn't have you queuing for yonks, stock in and meat that's fresh.

I've got no idea what the relevance of a convenience store has on this topic if I'm honest,any clues?
Season ticket on 19:19 - Mar 26 with 1478 views442Dale

Season ticket on 19:10 - Mar 26 by chalkyncfc

Its wearing very thin now tbf

But it means something.

Unlike the 2009/10 season for Notts County.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season ticket on 19:22 - Mar 26 with 1456 viewschalkyncfc

Season ticket on 19:19 - Mar 26 by 442Dale

But it means something.

Unlike the 2009/10 season for Notts County.

Even the forum that started the 'Fook Off Chalky' don't bother with it anymore because its so old hat
Season ticket on 19:22 - Mar 26 with 1453 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket on 19:14 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

You must just be unlucky.

Season ticket on 19:25 - Mar 26 with 1446 viewsroccydaleian

Season ticket on 19:16 - Mar 26 by chalkyncfc

I've got no idea what the relevance of a convenience store has on this topic if I'm honest,any clues?

It's a Littleborough thing about the quality of our local Co op Chalky.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024